Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach (7940 Views)

NFF Re-appoints Samson Siasia As Coach For Super Eagles / Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 7:40pm On Nov 04, 2010
Heartland Football Club head coach, Samson Siasia, has been appointed as the Super Eagles head coach by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

The news of the appointment of a substantive coach was broken by the Nigerian FA just few minutes before 6pm Nigerian time.

According to a communiqué released by the country’s football governing body at the end of the interview process on Thursday, the executive arm accepted the recommendations of the technical committee chaired by Chris Green.

“After careful deliberation, the Nigeria Football Federation has accepted the recommendation of the technical committee that Samson Siasia be appointed as head coach of the Super Eagles subject to a contract to be executed in a couple of days,” the communiqué stated.

Green in a brief interview with SuperSport.com said the appointment of Siasia had nothing to do with the clamour of the Nigerian football populace but that the Heartland gaffer emerged as favourites after Thursday’s interview in Abuja ahead of former Togo coach, Stephen Keshi.

“He impressed the whole of the committee with his style and plans for Nigerian football. It is not to say that the other candidate did not do well but considering the purview of what we wanted he showed that he is qualified for the job.

“So it is not about the pressure that was exerted on the committee or the board from the outside. Yes, Nigerians called for him to be named coach but I will say he showed he wanted the job during the interview,” Green said.

The appointment of Siasia brings to an end a long wait by the coach in becoming the manager of Nigeria’s men national team.

Siasia had previously handled the men’s under20s and under23s.

It is, however, unclear if Siasia will continue in his present position as gaffer of Nigeria Premier League (NPL) side, Heartland.

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/101104/NFF_names_Siasia_as_Eagles_coach

Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Dsense(m): 8:34pm On Nov 04, 2010
No Commennt. angry
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 04, 2010
Siasia God has heard all my prayers and fasting. At last,congrats, well deserved. Just booked mass on this this morning. Am s happy
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by hooged: 8:51pm On Nov 04, 2010
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 04, 2010
Honeric shouldnt have started this thread. There was a thread that broke the news around 7.30pm just before u started this topic. No need for proliferation.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Dsense(m): 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2010
toba:

Honeric shouldnt have started this thread. There was a thread that broke the news around 7.30pm just before u started this topic. No need for proliferation.
Pointless.
He's started it so no need to shun him but to appreciate his effort.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by sheriffman(m): 9:14pm On Nov 04, 2010
Good move by the NFF sure they were afraid of the backlash if they had decided otherwise.But then since we love Siaone so much lets all pray for his success.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by orgasm(m): 9:16pm On Nov 04, 2010
This is d best news i hv heard in recent times. Dis is d voice of d people! Dat he beat keshi to d job did not come to me as a surprise cos samson siasia is d best sweat merchant we hv around but my only fear was dat d corrupt elements in nff dat hv taken our football to d stoneage wl want to perpetuate their nefarious acts n kill d only source of joy to all nigerians.welcome on board SIA1, d peoples choice,as we wait to savour ur dish of entertaining,attacking n enterprising football.we hv made cases,debated,quarelled n made statements all for u so dnt let us down so we dnt cover our face in shame.u shd instill discipline in our players.all big headed,big boyism,unpatrotic,undedicated shld b shown d exit door.dnt compromise!above all develop a plan for d LOCAL PLAYERS.d r our hope.i rest my case for now. Once again i say oboikhian!
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by medjai(m): 9:24pm On Nov 04, 2010
Wishing him the very best even though I'd have preferred a Keshi. I hope he performs and takes our football to the next level
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by kay177(m): 9:42pm On Nov 04, 2010
Say it! Say it anywhere! From Maiduguri to Calabar, From Lagos to Sokoto. From Warri to Kano! Siasia, the head coah of the Super Eagles! The following are hereby sentenced to International Retirement for old age, inneficiency and "bad-mouthing" the Coach:
1. Yakubu
2. Yobo
Welcome on board Chrisanthus, Joel Obi, Obiorah N****wo, etc. Happy days are here again! For Amodu who 100% wanted Keshi, shame on him! Congratulations all Nigerians! This is a victory for all of us who stood on the side of justice and fairplay. Congratulations,
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by bawomolo(m): 9:46pm On Nov 04, 2010
wan-k is now censored on this site?

1 Like

Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by donsteady(m): 10:20pm On Nov 04, 2010
i was hoping for the best and expecting the wost befor, thank God for the very first time our leader listing to our choice, Sia one is who i was hoping for and expecting the normal corruption which is the worst Kshi
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 04, 2010
D-sense:

Pointless.
He's started it so no need to shun him but to appreciate his effort.
With no intent to derail the thread but the truth must be said. If someone else had done this what do u think the mod would have done to such thread based on antecedents of the mods?
All the same, wishing Siasia GoodluckJonathan & all the best in his quest to rejuvenate the super Eagles
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Dsense(m): 10:44pm On Nov 04, 2010
I got it all ,The truth must be said.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Obodo999(m): 10:58pm On Nov 04, 2010
I am dissappointed that I did not get the job. I did better than Siasia at the interview. It must be because I am a yoruba man. God dey, sad sad sad sad sad undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Mehiedu(m): 10:59pm On Nov 04, 2010
dat is good news 4 nigeria football.congrat siasia.good luck bro
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by gbengress1: 11:00pm On Nov 04, 2010
Amodu is better than this guy,he was only fortunate to pick a good team for Holland 2005 and d same team in beijing.Why cant he turn flying Eagles around in Egypt most especially Nigeria vs Germany(10men agaimst 11),he also failed woefully with heartland.I cant wait 4 d day those of you praising him will start calling 4 his head

1 Like

Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Dsense(m): 11:12pm On Nov 04, 2010
I still can't understand why some nigerians still claim they re senseble or they hit points when it comes to Soccer or Football.
Siasia is a very selective coach nd has this personality of reaching players wherever they re plus he's good at showcasing out the talents in the young players ''accepted''.But when it comes to formattion or tactis or dealing with the big team like Super Eagle ,This man is not competent not capable of sucht asks. I'm not saying Amodu should come back or they should hire the so called ONIGBINDE.NO.But i believe we can do better nd greater under the supervising of a foreign coach
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Rastamann: 11:13pm On Nov 04, 2010
Many Nigerians wanted Sia 1and now they got it but let us wait and see as the results will justify his selection.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Infoprof: 11:17pm On Nov 04, 2010
I followed the HEARTLAND failure closely.The problem was that the players have derailed already before he came on board. Could you Imagine players coming for practice for a match they will play the following day with hangover of alcohol and women? Go and see the clean-up he is doing there now.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Koikoi(m): 11:22pm On Nov 04, 2010
let wait and see lipsrsealed
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Browser69(m): 11:28pm On Nov 04, 2010
Round peg in the round hole smiley
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by kabukabu50(m): 11:34pm On Nov 04, 2010
The NFA will never learn,Amodu,Keshi and Siasia are all washed up coaches shocked shocked.Can't they find a single coach in all of the Local leagues??

Retards.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by opabukun(m): 11:43pm On Nov 04, 2010
victory @ last.

we go win d next world cup. grin grin grin
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Dsense(m): 11:44pm On Nov 04, 2010
opabukun:

victory @ last.

we go win d next world cup. grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by OmoJesu17(m): 11:56pm On Nov 04, 2010
I believe he'll do well as our coach as long as the NFF do not impose players on him. He has in the past shown he can resist them, and i hope he continues the trend.
I wish him the best!
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Mobinga: 11:59pm On Nov 04, 2010
cheesy cheesy Good News. Now I hope this would yield good results.

Spot on NFF cool
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 05, 2010
all na politics,why e come be say na now wen him broda dey 4 aso rock na im d bread reach him hand,anyway make we see waiting him go fit offer because a kindergaten teacher and a university lecturer no be mate, but to a layman them both na teachers.though i expect to see more of the likes of mikel,chrisantus etc
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by frgy1: 12:04am On Nov 05, 2010
kabukabu50:

The NFA will never learn,Amodu,Keshi and Siasia are all washed up coaches shocked shocked.Can't they find a single coach in all of the Local leagues??

Retards.
like who o,? if i may ask
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 05, 2010
kabukabu50:

Retards.
u may be correct partially but i think a good oyinbo in the class of de bosque,mourhino,van gaal, capelo, hiltsfeld,klinnsman etc is what we need to take the super chicken eagles to next level&not 2nd class locals. Keshi, eguavon, chukwu, amodu, siasia are in the same school in terms of output
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by ejike68: 12:15am On Nov 05, 2010
Good news.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by bawomolo(m): 12:55am On Nov 05, 2010
toba:

u may be correct partially but i think a good oyinbo in the class of de bosque,mourhino,van gaal, capelo, hiltsfeld,klinnsman etc is what we need to take the super [s]chicken[r/s] eagles to next level&not 2nd class locals. Keshi, eguavon, chukwu, amodu, siasia are in the same school in terms of output

because an oyinbo would magically transform our "studs" like obasi and yakubu into ronaldo and robben?

you guys are obsessed with quick fixes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis / NPFL: Shooting Stars Vs Rangers (1 - 1) On 17th May 2015 / Footballer Dele Alli Caught On Video Receiving MouthAction From Prostitute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.