Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach (7941 Views)

NFF Re-appoints Samson Siasia As Coach For Super Eagles / Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by staffjobx: 11:14am On Nov 05, 2010
good one
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 05, 2010
Best decision taken in many years
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Jeovy(m): 11:44am On Nov 05, 2010
welcome on board siasia
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Olaolufred(m): 11:51am On Nov 05, 2010
The only right decision taken by NFF since after 1994's glorious year.

His first work is to start the program of progresively building a new younger team.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by kay4fun(m): 12:05pm On Nov 05, 2010
Let merit be your password. No tribalism. No sentiment. No Godfatherism.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by oismail(m): 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2010
He needed sometime to gel the team together. Don't let us rush him
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by dammywale(m): 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2010
For details about Samson Sia Sis, visit http://thesia1..com
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by sammhi(m): 1:15pm On Nov 05, 2010
thank God!! Atlast we have a real indigenous coach.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by medjai(m): 1:52pm On Nov 05, 2010
Siasia will have to deliver right away. We are already behind Guinea in the nations cup qualifiers
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Mesef1: 2:54pm On Nov 05, 2010
@ toba & Kabukabu,

You guys are missing the point. A foreign coach? Didn't you hear the home truth from Laggerback himself?

Let me educate you a bit. Foreign coaches like Mourinho, Capello, De Bosque and Hiddink don't have the patience and the time to come and sit down in Nigeria to help with any developmental football. They are good technical instructors and they work with finished products i.e. good players. If we don't have players like Messi, CR7, Rooney etc, then its a waste of money going to hire any of these guys. In fact, an offer from Nigeria will not attract any of these guys except of course, the package is crazy. Siasia, being a Nigerian resident in Nigeria have the luxury of time and patience to start raising a new team unlike Mourinho and co.

Then coming to other local coaches, the truth is, most of them and typically, Amodu are a lazy bunch. Amodu used to be good but he has lost touch with modern football tactics. Football is a very dynamic game. How may refresher courses has Amodu and other local guys gone for in the last 5yrs?? Siasia attended a grade A coaching school in the US before he came back to Nigeria and do not forget that he played football in the French first division under many European coaches as well.

Please all this guy needs is the support of all of us. I am confident he will deliver.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by seun0622(m): 3:02pm On Nov 05, 2010
I must admit that Samson Siasia 's appointment is a welcome development.
I hope he brings to bear the trust reposed in him by taking the Super Eagles back to it's pride of place
I also hope he brings in back his very good dutch friend and tactician KALIKA cos He has always been part of SiaOne's Successes in the past.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by otokx(m): 3:22pm On Nov 05, 2010
I wish him the best of luck
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 05, 2010
i realy liked samson but immediately he started crying over the fact that keshi has been giving the job before the interview made me see him as a coward.
how do we now know that he got the job on merit not a 'sympaty' appointment because he started shouting to gain the pity of vulnereble nigerians. all i know is that he should be all talk and all work too cos age group tounaments differ from the real deal. he has been using men to execute age group games against kids and winning,now its men against men and him against the best in his choosen trade
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by sexxxxy(f): 3:56pm On Nov 05, 2010
just an innocent question,

Y can't nigeria buy Jose Mourinho?,he will guarantee a win ,
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by noru: 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2010
I am still saying it, Austine Eguaveon is far better than Siasia. The NFA and Nigerians will regret the appointment of Siasia. only time will tell.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by juman(m): 4:23pm On Nov 05, 2010
This is a good choice.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by blacksta(m): 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2010
best news out from the NFA in a long time -
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 05, 2010
@me sef, dont generalize or say what u dont know. Before accepting a job, u agree to terms. If a coach in the category of mourhino is to be hired, he should be told before what hes expected to do. If hes to build like westerhof or ur NFF wants a quick fix of winning the 2012 Nations cup by force. Any coach will work to terms. Cappello, hindick, can also build a new messi if the employers wants that
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by nateevs(m): 6:47pm On Nov 05, 2010
toba:

@me sef, dont generalize or say what u dont know. Before accepting a job, u agree to terms. If a coach in the category of mourhino is to be hired, he should be told before what hes expected to do. If hes to build like westerhof or your NFF wants a quick fix of winning the 2012 Nations cup by force. Any coach will work to terms. Cappello, hindick, can also build a new messi if the employers wants that

Not all of them have the patience to build. Mourinho is certainly not the manager that builds and me sef is right. Hiddink yes, but you hardly will come across high profile managers who like to get down and dirty. Many of them will find life comfortable outside the continent looking for players all over Europe when there is an abundance of talents on the home front.

Also becos a coach has got a name doesn't mean he can build a team. What has Capello built in England. When he has the opportunity to restart with players like Adam Johnson, Walcott, Caroll, Jonjo Shelvey, Wilshere. . . He sticks to his old guns and continues to play a 4-4-2 with 2 of Barry, Lampard and Gerard in midfield always.

Siasia is the most accomplished Nigerian coach. He knows the terrain and he is technically astute. He is cheaper than a Mourinho and if given time, could take us back to the glory days.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by FBS: 7:42pm On Nov 05, 2010
SiaOne!
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by SkillJed(m): 8:46pm On Nov 05, 2010
CONGRATS TO ALL NIGERIANS ON SELECTION OF SAMSON SIASIA AS SUPER EAGLES COACH
i do hope the paper aspect of the job will not be too much of a headache. i'm sure the F.F. have made a right decision this time. siasia has showed a high sense of professionalism on the national teams he has handled before this time.

as for keshi, i was sure he could never succeed as coach of the super eagles. it's not like i have anything against him. in fact i was one of the admirers of keshi's game in the super eagles, before that knee injury in '93 that made him a shadow of usual self till he finally retired in '96. i love defenders who are skillful, that was what keshi was when he was keshi in the national team.

but keshi could never coach the super eagles, mark my word, it would be a disaster. because of the legacy he left in the team. there is no way he could enforce discipline in this team. the big boys (so-to-say) in the super eagles today got their character from the legacy keshi left in that team, so how could he control them and infuse discipline in this team. they would all be saying: "oga, for your time, you sef do pass this o, we sabi your story well well". it would be a bad omen for the team.

keshi of course may coach other african teams and even succeed with them, but i'm sure (mark my word), he can never succeed with the super eagles because of his antecedents!

congrats to all nigerians on siasia's appointment. but siasia should beware, this job will not be as easy as he thinks. he should beware of "hossana today, crucify him tomorrow". that is nigerians for you!
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by IZUKWU(m): 10:07pm On Nov 05, 2010
I hope they will give him time and an enabling enviroment to work.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by aieromon(m): 8:03am On Nov 06, 2010
Finally,the eagle has landed.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by faregazy: 2:07pm On Nov 06, 2010
Its 9ize 2 have him as a coach cuz hes going 2 build the eagles,
also i personally congrats's him WELCOME SIASIA.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by mystolad(m): 7:05pm On Nov 06, 2010
Siasia has nothing to offer. We all know him to be a cheat. Tell me, how many of his under 20 boys are under 30? Despite going going to a tournament of under 20s with under 35 he still did not bring the trophy to Nigeria, tell me what he has got that his special. Someone said he monitored his spell at Heartland closely. During the champions league they showed no class, to be candid they are better before he came in than when he was appointed their coach. I promise he has nothing to offer. WATCH OUT
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by mensdept: 4:19am On Nov 08, 2010
mystolad:

Siasia has nothing to offer. We all know him to be a cheat. Tell me, how many of his under 20 boys are under 30? Despite going going to a tournament of under 20s with under 35 he still did not bring the trophy to Nigeria, tell me what he has got that his special. Someone said he monitored his spell at Heartland closely. During the champions league they showed no class, to be candid they are better before he came in than when he was appointed their coach. I promise he has nothing to offer. WATCH OUT

Sharrap. Na You Sabi
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Olaolufred(m): 10:05am On Nov 08, 2010
mystolad:

I want to put the bolded part inthe right perspective.

Other Coaches at these same levels probably use overage players.

That means it is Nigeria and not the person-Coach.

Which Indigenious coach has considerably done better than Siasia in Nigeria?

So, stop barking like a rabbies infested dog.

This man remain uncondemnable untill after 2012 Nation's cup.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by wager365: 11:35am On Nov 08, 2010
Hello
     I thank every one who joined  with me to pray about the change in nigeria football as GOD made it well. lets join me to say hurray for the change that is coming up but is high time we started betting for nigeria to win lol
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by noru: 2:18pm On Nov 09, 2010
Samson Siasia has nothing to offer. Only time will tell. Austine Eguavoen is far better than him.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by kabarka(m): 7:29pm On Nov 10, 2010
i they pray they give him the freedom,support and finance he need to succeed.no interferance whatsoever.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 10, 2010
Ungrateful Naijarians,calling Siasia a cheat with no vivid proof,no doubt u enjoyed all those overaged players games in Holland 2005 and u stil supported the team till the loss to argentina in the finals with little idea that one man was the brainbox behind that success,i also presume that u took a glance at the Olympic games in china and saw his performance with the team,bet me loquacious chaps who know nothing about football that no indigenious manager is more presentable than Siasia.
Re: NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach by kabarka(m): 7:53am On Nov 11, 2010
@El Guapo
am also shocked by these ppl comment.condemnation without proof.
is it AGE or SKILL that plays?
is siasia who will acertain the age of the players?if you accept fake naira note as balance in the market,whose fault is it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis / NPFL: Shooting Stars Vs Rangers (1 - 1) On 17th May 2015 / Ahmad Ahmad’s Ban Reduced To Two Years. Motsepe To Head CAF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.