Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,198 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG (7855 Views)

Bode George: Lekki Toll Gates Should Be Dismantled / FG Returns Toll Gates On Federal Roads / Lekki, Ikoyi Toll Gates To Go Electronic From October - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by Ecstasy154(m): 6:28am On Oct 06, 2019
Okechukwu Nnodim

The Federal Government on Saturday said it did not make any policy statement to suggest that it would reintroduce toll gates across federal highways in Nigeria any time soon.

It said if such move was to take effect soon, there would be proper explanations on how it would commence.

When asked to state if the government had rescinded its decision to reintroduce toll gates, the Special Adviser on Communications to the Minister of Works and Housing, Hakeem Bello, told our correspondent in Abuja on Saturday night that the Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, never made any policy statement on toll gates.

Bello said, “Look, why the so much excitement over nothing? The minister never made a policy statement. If the government wants to make a major policy like that (toll gates reintroduction), there will be explanations, press conferences, briefings and all of that.

“It was during the course of the press briefing (at the state house) that someone asked about tolling and the minister responded by saying that there was no law against tolling. So why would people hold this high as if tolling is starting tomorrow?”

“Of course, that cannot be a policy statement for one to say tolling is coming tomorrow or very soon. He (Fashola) didn’t make a policy statement on when there will be toll gates on our roads.”

https://punchng.com/no-policy-statement-yet-on-toll-gates-reintroduction-fg/

Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by Aonkuuse(m): 6:37am On Oct 06, 2019
And PDP shamelessly start broadcasting hate and lies, I wonder if really they want to come back to power with the propaganda because this is not opposition it is pain

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by helinues: 6:38am On Oct 06, 2019
Who should we believe now?

2 Likes

Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by Charleys: 6:45am On Oct 06, 2019
Travel and see, how many of you travel out of your states.

Police checkpoints is another toll gate in disguise.(without the gate)

15 Likes

Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 06, 2019
cheesy Government with Lai Muhammed grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by izzou(m): 6:47am On Oct 06, 2019
grin

Ti o ba Sanwo olu

Ma sha Sanwo tollgate tongue

1 Like

Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by AroleOduduwa2: 6:48am On Oct 06, 2019
The presidency or whatever they call themselves are too callous. The masses are crying, nothing is working in the country, yet they still roll out policies that will ensure they take from the masses, people that can’t afford a 3 square meal.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by hisexcellency34: 6:48am On Oct 06, 2019
They are trying to deny it after being exposed opposing toll gates in 2011

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by SincereBigot: 6:48am On Oct 06, 2019
They should also introduce tolling on our waterways and train tracks... our airport runways should be tolled too

5 Likes

Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by englishmart(m): 6:48am On Oct 06, 2019
Forth and back country.
I know I will die one day. God pls., If it's possible I return, make me a Congolese

8 Likes

Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by Kay512: 6:49am On Oct 06, 2019
We'll kuku survive in this country. We will.

Here's a list of Davido Biography and Net Worth (Forbes) 2019.
Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by PureGoldh(m): 6:50am On Oct 06, 2019
Who is actually fooling who in this country?

Nigeria is a country where we have 68 recognized political parties but na only two parties (PDP and APC) dey run matter via presidential level.

Meanwhile.. Kindly call or whatsapp me on the number attached to my signature below if you need Pure Original HOney

1 Like

Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by Harkyn92(m): 6:50am On Oct 06, 2019
I believe their is an iota of truth in the toll reintroduction.
Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by Harkyn92(m): 6:52am On Oct 06, 2019
In that case, contact me for your phone and laptop accessories. we deliver to your door steps.

Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by MedicH: 6:52am On Oct 06, 2019
Aonkuuse:
And PDP shamelessly start broadcasting hate and lies, I wonder if really they want to come back to power with the propaganda because this is not opposition it is pain

APC in power PDP coming back to power... What is the hope of you common man?

1 Like

Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by obembet(f): 6:52am On Oct 06, 2019
Na the same grammar hna speak during RUGA
Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by uniqUN(m): 6:52am On Oct 06, 2019
Why the fuss? Bringing back the toll gates will definitely reduce insecurity in ANY country. We need it now more than ever. They should also beef up the security checks between states at every gate stop. Not just for the money alone. This is going to curb highway robbery and kidnap if looked into properly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by saheedbadmus(m): 6:54am On Oct 06, 2019
Meeeeeen what kind of ijoba is dis gan nao ahhhh.. U sha want to pa we citizens before our times

2 Likes

Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by Aonkuuse(m): 6:56am On Oct 06, 2019
MedicH:

APC in power PDP coming back to power... What is the hope of you common man?
Bro I don't spell doom on myself like others, as a common man I have hope for a brighter future PDP and APC are just nothing but party all their leaders were once common people they just choose not to change things. Almost every country started like this even worse but they got there why should I not have hope in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by COMPAQ(m): 6:56am On Oct 06, 2019
AroleOduduwa2:
The presidency or whatever they call themselves are too callous. The masses are crying, nothing is working in the country, yet they still roll out policies that will ensure they take from the masses, people that can’t afford a 3 square meal.

No be person we get car dey pay toll gate?
If you can't eat, how come your have a car??

2 Likes

Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by Racoon(m): 6:59am On Oct 06, 2019
Government of back & forth with no magnitude or direction.
Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by uniqUN(m): 6:59am On Oct 06, 2019
COMPAQ:

No be person we get car dey pay toll gate?
If you can't eat, how come your have a car??
Transport fares for public transportation will definitely increase when they introduce it.

1 Like

Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by Freemanbobble: 7:01am On Oct 06, 2019
Okay
Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by nauto7: 7:11am On Oct 06, 2019
Even with all this bad road
They want to collect money
Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 06, 2019
this demonic govt is hell bent on making life more miserable for the common man!

it's imminent Waterloo ain't far off!

2 Likes

Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by AerialMapper: 7:18am On Oct 06, 2019
The Government doesn’t even have any policy!
They threw out the statement to get a feeler; let’s see if there’ll be a backlash. Now they’ve backed up.

I would gladly pay a toll; I’ll save more money by getting to my destination on time, with my car intact and in comfort. However, what is the assurance that we will get the good roads from the tolls collected? Fix the roads and toll it!

1 Like

Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by adenigga(m): 7:19am On Oct 06, 2019
Charleys:
Travel and see, how many of you travel out of your states.

Police checkpoints is another toll gate in disguise.(without the gate)

God bless you!!!
You are on point!
Re: Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG by adenigga(m): 7:21am On Oct 06, 2019
OnyeEurope:
cheesy Government with Lai Muhammed grin

Lai Mohammed is synonymous to Lie Mountain!!!
It is well!.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

El-rufai's Son Seats On Table While Talking To A Kaduna Senator / Mele Kyari: Fuel Consumption, Smuggling Gulp 54 Million Litres Per Day / Udi/ezeagu: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Umeha (LP), Affirms Pdp's Festus Uzor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.