Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. (2534 Views)

Tecno Phone With 18 Karat Gold Cover. See Reactions (Photos) / I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again / This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by Finelinks: 7:52pm On Oct 06, 2019
Marketers are not needed here please!

Tecno, infinix or Itel phones are frowned upon here by so many.

The trio are produced by a chinese based coy - Transsion Holdings.

I have however, yet to see any compelling reason why many hate the brand, apart from trying to keep up with the joneses and 'stay woke'.

Many haters just belong to this haters cult with no strong reasons attached.

It remains to be added that I have been using a Tecno for 3 years 4 months, A gionee for 4 years 6 months.
Major snag with the Tecno has been battery. Of course the mah is less than 3000 coupled with old age- 3 years plus.

But let me just assume I am lucky for being able to use these phones for long.

NOW PLEASE, I NEED REASONS WHY A TECNO PHONE IS A BAD OR GOOD CHOICE FOR ME!

I reiterate, marketers keep off .
Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by TrollKiller(m): 7:55pm On Oct 06, 2019
Nobody gives a fvck if you buy the tecno or not.

6 Likes

Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by Sagelegend: 8:24pm On Oct 06, 2019
Like i care

2 Likes

Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by odinga1of: 9:13pm On Oct 06, 2019
Dear TecNO marketer kindly go and buy Techno.

but don't create a new moniker and release a diss track about techno.

There is something called (Sudden Instant Death) that is chipped into all Transition phones.

Besides there chargers quickly develop fault too.

iPhone, Samsung, Hauwei and Xiaomi are what we call phones not TECNO.

8 Likes

Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by yungsmart(m): 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2019
Finelinks:
Marketers are not needed here please!

Tecno, infinix or Itel phones are frowned upon here by so many.

The trio are produced by a chinese based coy - Transsion Holdings.

I have however, yet to see any compelling reason why many hate the brand, apart from trying to keep up with the joneses and 'stay woke'.

Many haters just belong to this haters cult with no strong reasons attached.

It remains to be added that I have been using a Tecno for 3 years 4 months, A gionee for 4 years 6 months.
Major snag with the Tecno has been battery. Of course the mah is less than 3000 coupled with old age- 3 years plus.

But let me just assume I am lucky for being able to use these phones for long.

NOW PLEASE, I NEED REASONS WHY A TECNO PHONE IS A BAD OR GOOD CHOICE FOR ME!

I reiterate, marketers keep off .

Who said transsion products is not good infact they are the best. They give you value for money with their world-class chipsets with latest technology. They have great displays and jaw dropping cameras and you can even install Gcam. They have USB type c and they give you update fast. You can even repair them anywhere there is no top youtuber that does not transsion. From marques to mrwhosetheboss unboxtherapy ....

BELIEVE THIS AT YOUR OWN PERIL.LOL.

6 Likes

Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by saxby(f): 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2019
You sound like you want to buy a tecno phone just go ahead

1 Like

Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by Finelinks: 6:17am On Oct 07, 2019
saxby:
You sound like you want to buy a tecno phone just go ahead

Not really.

I just need good reasons. And it seems all those contributing can't defend their stance.

1 Like

Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by Finelinks: 6:18am On Oct 07, 2019
odinga1of:
Dear TecNO marketer kindly go and buy Techno.

but don't create a new moniker and release a diss track about techno.

There is something called (Sudden Instant Death) that is chipped into all Transition phones.

Besides there chargers quickly develop fault too.

iPhone, Samsung, Hauwei and Xiaomi are what we call phones not TECNO.

Curse be on me if i am a marketer.

I just need objective reasons for or against.

It seems all those contributing here can't defend their stance.
Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by Finelinks: 6:19am On Oct 07, 2019
kingxsamz
Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by innobarca(m): 8:07am On Oct 07, 2019
There is no reason.

Forget online noises.

In Nigeria when you go to slots(New) and phone markets for used phones, you will see people buying Samsung, Nokia, tecno, infinix.

Buyers still buying new models of infinix and tecno till today.

Apart from few people you see using Umidigi, ZTE, Asus, Xaomai and others.

Tecno and Infinix used ones still sells more today in the market and Jiji.
Many people are still using the tecno and infinix phones they bought 2 years ago and it's still working, few only changed broken TouchPad or screen, charging port.

Tecno Cx.
Tecno Cx air.
Phantom.
Infinix note 4,note5 stylus and newer models.
Infinix hot 6 (2gb/16gb)
Infinix smart 2, 3, 3plus
Gionee S10 Lite, s10c, New S11 Lite.
Asus Zenfone max plus m1, M2 and other models from 2017 to 2019.

Some people buy new phone bc of Camera.
Some buy bc of big battery.
Some bc of beauty (women)
Some buy bc of name
Some buy bc of snapdragon and others.

By the way I am looking for a new phone under 25k with FHD for watching videos, A sister needs it.
Quote me even if you have a used clean phone with FHD display (1920 x 1080).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by kingxsamz(m): 10:58am On Oct 07, 2019
undecided Did you just say you haven't seen any reason why people dislike Tecno and Infinix products?
There's no need to answer you, when the answers are clear and obvious to see.

2 Likes

Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by kingxsamz(m): 11:03am On Oct 07, 2019
Y'all can keep buying the same piece of trash every three months. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by BuhBye: 11:38am On Oct 07, 2019
Low specs for outrageous prices.
Forget about getting updates to future android versions.
Device build quality is not comparable to that of other brands (Samsung, Xiaomi etc) plus you get no developer support.

4 Likes

Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by MilesT: 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2019
Check the Tecno Phantom 9 & compare it with phones from other brands with similar specs.. You will realize why Africans buy Tecno. They are cheap!
https://gadgetsleo.com/product/tecno-phantom-9/
Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by queenfav(f): 1:35pm On Oct 07, 2019
BuhBye:
Low specs for outrageous prices.
Forget about getting updates to future android versions.
Device build quality is not comparable to that of other brands (Samsung, Xiaomi etc) plus you get no developer support.
You have said it all. I used to be a gionee m6 user. The xiaomi redmi note 5 i got for 50k beats the gionee m6 i got for 120k in everything.

I just recently updated my redmi note 5 to andriod pie,by December we will be getting andriod Q update. Whereas on gionee and tecno, you don't get android updates.

You can't go wrong with a xiaomi phone!This is coming from someone who has used flagship tecno, gionee, apple and Samsung phones in the past.

Have you asked why xiaomi thread has the highest views and pages on nairaland phone section? If it were crap, that won't be the case.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by Finelinks: 8:33pm On Oct 08, 2019
queenfav:
You have said it all. I used to be a gionee m6 user. The xiaomi redmi note 5 i got for 50k beats the gionee m6 i got for 120k in everything.

I just recently updated my redmi note 5 to andriod pie,by December we will be getting andriod Q update. Whereas on gionee and tecno, you don't get android updates.

You can't go wrong with a xiaomi phone!This is coming from someone who has used flagship tecno, gionee, apple and Samsung phones in the past.

Have you asked why xiaomi thread has the highest views and pages on nairaland phone section? If it were crap, that won't be the case.

Thanks for the objective dispassionate response queen.

Most people here keep shouting tecno is crap crap without any reason. They just want to stay woke.

Some of them are even using wipo phones.

As per android update, I couldn't care less like i do with system windows update. I didn't gain nothing from moving to ms word 2013 from 2010.

Yes, I have seen a lot about the xiaomi here on NL. Even rating in the world. Only bothered about care centre. I hate unnecessary stress.
I can't be going to aliexpress just because of an item less than $100 especially if it could have been avoided. Coupled with the time that will be involved.

1 Like

Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by Finelinks: 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2019
queenfav Btw i thought that redmi n5 had 12 megapixels?
This one you like am this much undecidedqueenfav Btw i thought that redmi n5 had 12 megapixels?
This one you like am this much
Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by skywalker240(m): 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2019
These marketers are something else, see strategy, People are already getting the drift about Transsion device's, a marketer gat to eat grin So tecno must trend by fire by force. grin

if you cant Find any reason, then truly there is no reason enjoy oo grin

1 Like

Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by officialfestus(m): 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2019
innobarca:
There is no reason.

Forget online noises.

In Nigeria when you go to slots(New) and phone markets for used phones, you will see people buying Samsung, Nokia, tecno, infinix.

Buyers still buying new models of infinix and tecno till today .

Apart from few people you see using Umidigi, ZTE, Asus, Xaomai and others.

Tecno and Infinix used ones still sells more today in the market and Jiji.
Many people are still using the tecno and infinix phones they bought 2 years ago and it's still working, few only changed broken TouchPad or screen, charging port.

Tecno Cx.
Tecno Cx air.
Phantom.
Infinix note 4,note5 stylus and newer models.
Infinix hot 6 (2gb/16gb)
Infinix smart 2, 3, 3plus
Gionee S10 Lite, s10c, New S11 Lite.
Asus Zenfone max plus m1, M2 and other models from 2017 to 2019.

Some people buy new phone bc of Camera.
Some buy bc of big battery.
Some bc of beauty (women)
Some buy bc of name
Some buy bc of snapdragon and others.

By the way I am looking for a new phone under 25k with FHD for watching videos, A sister needs it.
Quote me even if you have a used clean phone with FHD display (1920 x 1080).
my gionee s6s is up for sale
Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by eki2000(m): 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2019
Something like this should guide your decision

5 Likes

Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by innobarca(m): 10:15pm On Oct 08, 2019
officialfestus:
my gionee s6s is up for sale

At what price?
Can you post pics.
Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by officialfestus(m): 10:24pm On Oct 08, 2019
innobarca:

At what price?
Can you post pics.
30k.... Will post pics tomorrow
Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by innobarca(m): 10:28pm On Oct 08, 2019
officialfestus:
30k.... Will post pics tomorrow

30k?

Gionee s6s
Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by officialfestus(m): 10:40pm On Oct 08, 2019
innobarca:

30k?

Gionee s6s

yes
Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by valgbo(m): 12:55am On Oct 09, 2019
If u buy tecno of 50k..... then buy xiaomi of 50k the gap between the two dey so much it doesn't even make sense

2 Likes

Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by queenfav(f): 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2019
Finelinks:
queenfav
Btw i thought that redmi n5 had 12 megapixels?

This one you like am this much undecidedqueenfav
Btw i thought that redmi n5 had 12 megapixels?

This one you like am this much
is it about megapixels?Go and watch YouTube reviews. I am only advising you based on my experience with phones. Las las na your decision to make. If i saw who told me about xiaomi i won't have wasted my 120k to buy gionee m6 that i didn't enjoy so much.

Screen broke easily with little fall, even with tempered glass on it. Their gorilla glass claim was a damn lie!Abi na charging port issues? Changed that twice within less than a year and some months .Accessories nko? Follow come Charger blow twice, wanted to buy the second time they told me it's 7500.I just dashed the scrab to my husband.

My xiaomi redmi note 5 will be one year old next month, i haven't had any issues with it despite serious usage of the phone for everything.

1 Like

Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by queenfav(f): 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2019
Finelinks:

Thanks for the objective dispassionate response queen.

Most people here keep shouting tecno is crap crap without any reason. They just want to stay woke.

Some of them are even using wipo phones.

As per android update, I couldn't care less like i do with system windows update. I didn't gain nothing from moving to ms word 2013 from 2010.

Yes, I have seen a lot about the xiaomi here on NL. Even rating in the world. Only bothered about care centre. I hate unnecessary stress.
I can't be going to aliexpress just because of an item less than $100 especially if it could have been avoided. Coupled with the time that will be involved.
U haven't used xiaomi, there is a lot to gain from updates. New features are added that would give you an overall good user experience. As for durability, i don't bother about parts because there are original tempered anti glass (not the rubbish sold here) that can be gotten from aliexpress and anti knock/anti fall cases that will protect your phone. My phone has fallen many times, the screen is still intact. If you protect your phone well, u won't be needing service center.

That's a pic of the case.

1 Like

Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by Finelinks: 2:07pm On Oct 10, 2019
queenfav:
is it about megapixels?Go and watch YouTube reviews. I am only advising you based on my experience with phones. Las las na your decision to make. If i saw who told me about xiaomi i won't have wasted my 120k to buy gionee m6 that i didn't enjoy so much.

Screen broke easily with little fall, even with tempered glass on it. Their gorilla glass claim was a damn lie!Abi na charging port issues? Changed that twice within less than a year and some months .Accessories nko? Follow come Charger blow twice, wanted to buy the second time they told me it's 7500.I just dashed the scrab to my husband.

My xiaomi redmi note 5 will be one year old next month, i haven't had any issues with it despite serious usage of the phone for everything.

Queen Queen.

Thanks!
Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by queenfav(f): 5:24pm On Oct 10, 2019
Finelinks:

Queen Queen.
Thanks!
uwc
Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by ToyBoyAaron(m): 8:22pm On Oct 10, 2019
I really blame the government though for the selling of this phones in Nigeria. Most people who buy phones in Nigeria don't really know what is inside. What I care the most about a phone is the system on chip(soc) and then the build. An average Nigerian will asked of the megapixel, then battery size and finally screen size. They don't sell such outside Africa, they launch higher spec for cheaper prices outside Nigeria. I said I blame the government because they ought to be people who are in charge of screening gadgets before sale in Nigeria but they prefer selling shits for high prices to get their own cut of the money.

2 Likes

Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by fibonacci2526: 11:02pm On Oct 10, 2019
eki2000:
Something like this should guide your decision

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. by gidieberry(m): 5:36pm On Oct 16, 2019
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

TECNO RC6 NVRAM FILE TO UNLOCK NETWORK / HUAWEI MATE 8 3gig/32 Gig / My Honest Review Of The Oraimo Freepods Lite Headphones ( After 3 Months)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.