Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer (38871 Views)

Obituary Of Mad Melon Of 'Danfo Driver'. To Be Buried On The 26th Of November / How Mad Melon Died - Mountain Black of ‘Danfo Drivers’ Music Group / Mad Melon Of Danfo Drivers Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by ikorodureporta: 9:26pm On Oct 07, 2019
Danfo Drivers: Untold story of Mad Melon’s death

…He was suffering from tuberculosis – Son

…Melon didn’t seek help from anybody – Mabel Oboh

Son of one-half of the legendary Nigerian music group, Danfo Drivers, Mad Melon, who died last week, Michael Emiefah has revealed the cause of his father’s death.

According to him, Mad Melon had been suffering from tuberculosis for some time now.

The 18 year-old secondary school leaver made the revelation in a chat with Showtime, during a condolence visit to the family, at their Ezeagu Street, residence in Ajegunle area of Lagos.

Community Development: Why MTN feted 110 local people in Abuja(Opens in a new browser tab)

Michael, who lives with his mother and elder sister, Jennifer in Delta State rushed down to Lagos, upon receiving the sad news of his father’s death,

Speaking with Showtime, Michael said Melon had been suffering from tuberculosis for some time now. He described his death as painful, regretting, however, that his late father did not take his health seriously.

In an emotion-laden voice, the poor boy said: “He didn’t take his health seriously. He was still indulging in those bad habits he was warned to desist from. His death is painful despite his shortcomings.’

‘We heard the news of his death and decided to rush down. I will try my best to take of my mother. I am the man in the house now. Any time I remember him, it pains me in my heart. I don’t know what to do,I can’t cry neither can I laugh. He didn’t stay away from certain things were harmful to his health. I think that was what led to his death,” Michael said.

However, condoling the bereaved family last weekend, founder of Mabel oboh Centre for Save Our Stars, MOCSOS, Mrs. Mabel Oboh-Udoh advised Nigerian entertainers to take their health seriously.

Community pharmacists worry over exposure of Nigerians to falsified medicines

Oboh said Melon’s death was ‘avoidable’ adding that nobody was aware of his health condition.

Contrary to his band mate, Mountain Black’s ranting that was abandoned by the music industry, MOCSOS boss said that the deceased did not seek help from anybody.

“Mad Melon was a great talent, a fantastic person. But definitely, something went wrong along the line. This is what my NGO, Save Our Stars is advocating. Nobody was aware of his health condition. He didn’t seek help from anybody and if he had done so, we would have helped to save his life.”

Nigerian musicians need to make more conscious music – Ruggedman(Opens in a new browser tab)

“I believe that his death could have been avoided. I am calling on Nigerian artistes to stay away from drugs, bad habits and things that could be harmful to their health. We have to join forces to re-educate ourselves. I am so angry. What I am saying to entertainers is that they don’t have to take our own health insurance scheme. They can take another one or better still, engage the services of a private doctor,” Oboh said. Meanwhile, the burial plans announced by Mountain Black, revealed that there will be wake up on October 11, while his remains will be laid to rest the follow day.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/10/danfo-drivers-untold-story-of-mad-melons-death/

2 Likes

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by Tolexander: 9:33pm On Oct 07, 2019
Speaking with Showtime, Michael said Melon had been suffering from tuberculosis for some time now. He described his death as painful, regretting, however, that his late father did not take his health seriously.

In an emotion-laden voice, the poor boy said: “He didn’t take his health seriously. He was still indulging in those bad habits he was warned to desist from. His death is painful despite his shortcomings.’
The choice to live or die young lies with every individual

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by ikorodureporta: 5:58am On Oct 08, 2019
mayb na hiv sef

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by Cutefergieee: 9:42am On Oct 08, 2019
Wao
Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:42am On Oct 08, 2019
Igbolabi grin

16 Likes

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by IamPatriotic(m): 9:43am On Oct 08, 2019
Smoking

4 Likes

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by GrandMufti: 9:43am On Oct 08, 2019
Ok
Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by adebuk47(m): 9:43am On Oct 08, 2019
Chai, God airpus o
Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by PureGoldh(m): 9:43am On Oct 08, 2019
May his soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by sojayy(m): 9:43am On Oct 08, 2019
Ok

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by paiz: 9:43am On Oct 08, 2019
embarassed

Tuberculosis is really dangerous especially when you have HIV

May his soul rest in peace

17 Likes

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by IamPatriotic(m): 9:43am On Oct 08, 2019
Smokers are liable to die Young

7 Likes

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by jchioma: 9:44am On Oct 08, 2019
undecided

A time must come in the life of a man, when he must decide what is good for himself! Define your boundaries. Life does not have a duplicate copy.

7 Likes

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by MrTrend(m): 9:44am On Oct 08, 2019
Too late cry

2 Likes

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by naijaguy123456(m): 9:44am On Oct 08, 2019
Rest In Peace ma niiiga .
Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by Outreachms: 9:44am On Oct 08, 2019
This is sad, very sad and like most deaths in this part of the world is PREVENTABLE....

What is Tuberculosis really?

Tuberculosis (TB) which is curable and preventable, is caused by bacteria (Mycobacterium tuberculosis) that most often affect the lungs.

TB is spread from person to person through the air. When people with lung TB cough, sneeze or spit, they propel the TB germs into the air. A person needs to inhale only a few of these germs to become infected.

According to WHO, about one-quarter of the world’s population has latent TB, which means people have been infected by TB bacteria but are not (yet) ill with the disease and cannot transmit the disease.

Learn more about Tuberculosis and TB Vaccine By following the link below
-
https://outreachgroup.com.ng/all-you-need-to-know-about-tuberculosis-and-bcg-tb-vaccine/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by Sonnobax15(m): 9:44am On Oct 08, 2019
I never knew this nigga was a deltan...r.i.p man...but on a more seriously note,say-no-to-drugs..and stay health-wise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by oneTIMEman(m): 9:45am On Oct 08, 2019
Ezeagu street...oyes
Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by Bambambiglo: 9:45am On Oct 08, 2019
IamPatriotic:

Insensitive asshole

3 Likes

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by kheny12(m): 9:45am On Oct 08, 2019
His lip say it all.Too much of weed.

10 Likes

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by nonoski: 9:45am On Oct 08, 2019
Hiv u mean

1 Like

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by johnkay1(m): 9:46am On Oct 08, 2019
I think HIV couple with bad life style like smoking after being confirmed positive.

That is why I always advice youths to desist from smoking when they're still young. Withdrawal symptoms may not be palatable if you wait till you get older.

4 Likes

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by midnighter(f): 9:47am On Oct 08, 2019
What! in this day and age??
Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by guass(m): 9:49am On Oct 08, 2019
Tuberculosis and HIV are treatable. Their drugs are even free. His death is as a result of sheer health negligence.

6 Likes

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by delerx(m): 9:49am On Oct 08, 2019
Exaçtly. HIV and tuberculosis are like 5 & 6. The reason his boy didn't mention the bad habits... And also coming from Ajegunle where we have the highest rate of HIV infection in Lagos, he probably died of negligence to treatment

8 Likes

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by picoba(m): 9:50am On Oct 08, 2019
Celebrities with fake life-stly.RIP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by scobaba: 9:50am On Oct 08, 2019
dude could not stay off weed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mad Melon Died Of Tuberculosis - Michael Emiefah, Son Of Danfo Driver Singer by Chiefochiefo(m): 9:50am On Oct 08, 2019
IamPatriotic:
You'll die first

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Toolz And Bryan Okwara Catching Fun In Italy(photos) / Sean Tizzle Pulls Off, Flaunts His Chest Tattoo And Six Packs / Rita Dominic At Zaron Hunger Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.