Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist (19241 Views)

Atiku Is Using My Policy Document Without My Consents. Dr Odili Enwegbara / Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi / Why Buhari Might Jail Tinubu If He Wins - Odilim Enwegbara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by KEVIND: 8:22am On Oct 09, 2019
Economist and public affairs commentator, Mr Odilim Enwegbara has described the 2020 Appropriation Bill as “a budget of bankruptcy”.
Reacting to the Bill presented to a joint session of the National Assembly on Tuesday, Enwegbara wondered if Nigeria had not “come to the point of agreeing that this business of federal government running Nigeria’s economy should be finally brought to an end?

“For how long do we have to have such a prodigious federal government, a government that can’t stop its borrowing spree?

“For how long should we allow this government to continue to borrow its oversized consumption, where less than two million government workers have directly and indirectly be responsible for 90% of the country’s annual spending?

“For how long should the federal government has to decide where and why road or water etc. should be constructed in Nigeria?”

According to him, debt service to revenue ratio is currently approaching 80% with domestic debt approaching 70% of the country’s overall debt stock.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/2020-budget-is-a-budget-of-bankruptcy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by jahsharon: 8:24am On Oct 09, 2019
Mind your business. Mind Biafra business, leave Nigerians to mind Nigeria's business. Me have an Economic Team consisting of Nigeria's best hands, if they cannot do it, then it can never be done.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by paiz: 8:29am On Oct 09, 2019
As long as the budget is used for what it's meant for.

Today is my birthday guy.

May God give us all a long and happy life

show me some love guy

Check my signature

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by MountainView: 8:43am On Oct 09, 2019
This Government has turned Nigeria into a big debtor, imagine a country that owes more than N6.4T worth of debt,
and yet, we can't boast of 20hrs power supply.

There was indeed a country embarassed embarassed

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by dann190: 8:43am On Oct 09, 2019
I laugh in japanese

2 Likes

Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by vincent10(m): 8:44am On Oct 09, 2019
True talk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by A305: 8:44am On Oct 09, 2019
The word bankruptcy is just being thrown around loosely these days. First sign of bankruptcy is the collapse of the country banks but all banks seems very healthy and our ecomony seems stable but needs growth period but see my signature for the lexus

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by princetboy(m): 8:44am On Oct 09, 2019
Tell them

3 Likes

Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by PheelzAlmighty: 8:44am On Oct 09, 2019
Campaign after election undecided

1 Like

Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by TheGameYard(m): 8:44am On Oct 09, 2019
We've always operated on a budget of bankruptcy

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by Happyguy201: 8:44am On Oct 09, 2019
rest in piece NIGERIA . there used to be a country

10 Likes

Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by Premiumwriter: 8:45am On Oct 09, 2019
Me never see the budget sha. Just avoiding that thread since
Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by Ayor93(m): 8:45am On Oct 09, 2019
jahsharon:
Mind your business. Mind Biafra business, leave Nigerians to mind Nigeria's business. Me have an Economic Team consisting of Nigeria's best hands, if they cannot do it, then it can never be done.
odeh

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by chrisifeanyi: 8:45am On Oct 09, 2019
I don't know whether this happens to anyone. People approach me these days asking me to buy food for them. Ladies, men and even children. I don't know what's happening

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by Godjone(m): 8:45am On Oct 09, 2019
BUHARI IS AN ECONOMY KILLER cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by Racoon(m): 8:45am On Oct 09, 2019
grin "Buhari does not know economics"-OBJ.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by tillaman(m): 8:45am On Oct 09, 2019
I see where this is going !!
Nigeria my country we shall overcome
Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by solmusdesigns: 8:46am On Oct 09, 2019

Lets be honest with our damn selves... a 10trillion budget with a 2 trillion capital expenditure is quite stupid..

Buhari that promised hell and heaven to reduce cost of governance and increase capital expenditure has changed tone we now have many ministries recreated for people to seat in office and milk us dry

The sad part is my VAT money from my fvcking sweat as a fvcking Lazy Nigerian Youth , will pay for thier recurrent expenditure, yet i dont use most government services for me to be paying politicians and lazy civil servants... i use private clinics, schools, and generate most of the power used for my business yet they want us to fund thier lifestyle

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by festacman(m): 8:47am On Oct 09, 2019
President Buhari will implement this budget and there is absolutely nothing ATIKULATED economists would do about it.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by RUGAgbuogidia1: 8:47am On Oct 09, 2019
jahsharon:

But when the Biafran among the Economic Team said u must innovate or die, what did you make of it! Mischief maker

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by AsomArchitectNG(m): 8:47am On Oct 09, 2019
Are u about to start ur building project? Are you in need of an architect/engineer for ur building plan/construction project contact us at AsomArchitectNG today.

See my signature for more details and our contact details .. We give you value for money at an affordable rate....
Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by Amstupid(m): 8:47am On Oct 09, 2019
So many useless people �‍�‍� viewing this thread sad

U people no get Work � ni undecided
Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by nototribalist: 8:48am On Oct 09, 2019
Government of illiterate

5 Likes

Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by DeriNwamama: 8:48am On Oct 09, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
cool

LEts be honest with our damn selves... a 10trillion budget with a 2 trillion capital expenditure
[/s]
Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by Iconworld(m): 8:48am On Oct 09, 2019
Figure head in power. Shebi cerficate is not important. The Chinese will come for our assets in years to come

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by MoIbrahim: 8:48am On Oct 09, 2019
An Economist. Yet to be established sef
Re: 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist by Nwaohafia1: 8:48am On Oct 09, 2019
A country where the recurrent and debt servicing is greater than capital expenditure. APC has no plan for Nigerians.

They are BOLDLY telling us to move to Canada.

Tufiakwa, Buhari is clueless

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Faces of the SSS fallen Heroes / Traveler Bemoans The State Of The Onitsha-enugu Expressway In Video / Don’t Involve Us In Your Grievances – Police, DSS Warn Nigerian Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.