Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,627 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car (23229 Views)

Boy Opens Mobile Car Wash In Lagos Traffic / This Machine Can Wash Dangote Trucks, BRT, Luxurious Buses, Trailers In 6mins / When Is The Right Time To Remove And Wash Your Radiator? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by perfectbuy(m): 8:42pm On Oct 10, 2019
Dishwashing liquid is designed to aggressively attack and break down dried food, oil and grease.

That’s great for dishes — not so great for car paint. Car paint, clear coat and car wax contain oils and resins that maintain the paint’s integrity and filter out harmful UV rays.

When you wash your car with dishwashing liquid, you actually strip off the wax and pull some of those critical oils out of the paint and paint sealants, leaving it bare and exposed to the elements.

If you immediately wax your car with a high-quality wax, you can restore some of the UV protection. If you don’t wax your car after washing with dishwashing liquid , you lose important sun protection.

If you regularly wash your car with dishwashing liquid, you’ll degrade the paint and clear coat enough over its life to cause premature fading and even early paint failure.

https://www.spotdem.com/2019/10/10/never-use-dishwashing-liquid-to-wash-your-car/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:54am On Oct 11, 2019
very true

4 Likes

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by alonzoiv(m): 5:36am On Oct 11, 2019
Sadly true. But Nigerians are known for looking for short-cuts to everything.

Lalasticlala... let the people know, before Baba Kazeem, go spoil him new motor wey him never pay the cooperative money finish.

24 Likes

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by nauto6: 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2019
ok
Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by majamajic(m): 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2019
hmmm

e dey hot for Aso Rock now
Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2019
what of omo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by pointstores(m): 12:05pm On Oct 11, 2019
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by horpeyemmi66(m): 12:06pm On Oct 11, 2019
Why would anyone think of that? Just water is enough for the car's body. Then maybe Soapy water for the tires that's all.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by corperdonga: 12:07pm On Oct 11, 2019
Please recommend the best soap to use then.

13 Likes

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 11, 2019
Still looking for a good car wash around egbeda axis. With waxing. All these ones around me are olofos
Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by Jh0wsef(m): 12:08pm On Oct 11, 2019
Okay.
Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 12:08pm On Oct 11, 2019
So wetin I go use wash am?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by Sirbifest(m): 12:08pm On Oct 11, 2019
local man has stopped eating rice

6 Likes

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by greggng: 12:11pm On Oct 11, 2019
horpeyemmi66:
Why would anyone think of that? Just water is enough for the car's body. Then maybe Soapy water for the tires that's all.

You are very smart ....for 8years I 've been using water for body and soap for tyres and interior ....my car paint still cool till I decided to paint it again with sikkins

10 Likes

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by tmphoto(m): 12:12pm On Oct 11, 2019
Okay
What about CLOTH

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by pejuakinab: 12:16pm On Oct 11, 2019
Use liquid car wash, recommended and approved
Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by Scatterscatter(m): 12:16pm On Oct 11, 2019
Can I use a mixture of Hypo and Klin?

5 Likes

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by edoairways: 12:16pm On Oct 11, 2019
horpeyemmi66:
There are some dirts that can't be removed by mere using water. Infact it better you wash the body of the car with car wash while the tyres are rinsed with water.

7 Likes

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by femi4: 12:20pm On Oct 11, 2019
You will have to wash your car by yourself . That's what car wash people dey use

5 Likes

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by ruggedtimi(m): 12:21pm On Oct 11, 2019
And have beem using it for years now to wash car, So wetin person go use wash car?
Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:22pm On Oct 11, 2019
That's what I use and my car is still sparkling 1 year later so what are you talking about?

15 Likes

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by Offpoint: 12:22pm On Oct 11, 2019
Only an aboki will wash a CAR with DISHWASHER

2 Likes

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 11, 2019
alonzoiv:
Sadly true. But Nigerians are known for looking for short-cuts to everything.

Lalasticlala... let the people know, before Baba Kazeem, go spoil him new motor wey him never pay the cooperative money finish.
Most car washes use Klin, which is about the harshest detergent in naija. Basically a bleach.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 11, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
That's what I use and my car is still sparkling 1 year later so what are you talking about?

Your car, if the one in the picture is yours, is white. It doesn't fade into another colour. So, maybe your car does not readily illustrate the fact at hand. It doesn't mean it's wrong.

7 Likes

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2019
destinie2019:

Your car, if the one in the picture is yours, is white. It doesn't fade into another colour. So, maybe your car does not readily illustrate the fact at hand. It doesn't mean it's wrong.
Oh okay, well that's my car and I don't know the "No dishwasher theory" doesn't apply to white. You should have stated that.

5 Likes

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:31pm On Oct 11, 2019
The fact is, you can never get it right with the right soap to use when it comes to washing a car. When you can't use dishwasher, you can't use detergents and you can't use bar soaps then you're left with the option of buying all those road side car wash soap which when you check it at home you will realise that it's still dishwasher!

Technically you can't just wash your car with water, what happens when a mechanic work on it with all their oily hands and you need a soap?

I don't know though but all you can say is that car users should reduce the amount of times they wash their cars with soap.

13 Likes

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by kuntash: 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

wetin shine there ? shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car by moscobabs(m): 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2019
B

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bmw 325Ci E46 - Repairs and Maintenance / Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way / CFAO Motors Re-introduces Suzuki Vehicles Into The Nigerian Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.