Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,508 members, 7,958,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:47 PM

Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 (1370 Views)

Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye / Jega Working With North To Install Buhari - Edwin Clark & Alex Akueme / 2015: “obasanjo And I Have Agreed To Save Nigeria” – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by ferari9o: 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2010
Prof. ABC Nwosu, last week spoke to some reporters in Enugu where he explained why the Igbo are pushing for a northern presidency in 2011. Chris Oji was there. Excerpts:

Why are all the campaign organistions of northern presidential aspirants here in Enugu today?

The campaign organisations of the four northern aspirants on the platform of the PDP, namely IBB, Atiku, Gusau and Saraki have been meeting in Abuja to harmonise their strategies and action towards the agreement with the Northern Leaders Forum to support a candidate from the North to complete the zoning arrangement which will end in 2015 for the North and thereafter revert to the South East. The facilitator of the meeting is the Igbo Political Forum, which signed the agreement with the northern leaders. That was why the meeting today was chaired by Professor Charles Soludo, former CBN Governor. Key members of the four organisations were present, including state coordinators and zonal coordinators, and we have agreed to fine-tune our message and activities; to address our Igbo brethren on the imperative of Ahamefula, which is what Igbo presidency in 2015 is all about.

All of us who attended this meeting are strong believers in the zoning arrangement for the office of the president and other related positions without which there will not be order in the manner in which power is acquired by any group in Nigeria.

What really is the Igbo presidency all about?

The Igbo presidency, to some of us, has gone beyond political belief almost to religious belief. It hurts persons like us very much each time meetings of Council of State in Nigeria are held and we see pictures of former presidents and no Igbo man is there. For me, it is excruciatingly painful. What we are saying is that after 2015, no Igbo man will stand in that excruciating club.

Secondly, for our population and independent growth, starting from the Great Zik; it is grossly unfair that other ethnic nationalities in Nigeria do not understand why, for Ndigbo, the attainment of the presidency is a major issue of pride and self respect.

Thirdly, considering the roles which we have continued to play as the most dispersed group in Nigeria, helping to bring about development everywhere we go, that we are still asking for accommodation in the presidency is appalling.

Finally, zoning was canvassed at the Constitutional Conference of elected delegates in 1995 by Ndigbo. Its application saw a Yoruba man becoming president in 1999 and 2003. The Yoruba did not find that application of zoning to be unprogressive. In 2007, the South-South reached an agreement with the North, on the basis of which President Yar’Adua and then Vice President Goodluck Jonathan emerged. For them, zoning was okay at that time. Now that zoning will come to play for Ndigbo, zoning has become a very unprogressive and retrogressive idea. It is troubling to many of us that this conspiracy against Ndigbo has continued. During the campaigns, we shall operate in such a manner that this hidden conspiracy against Ndigbo and the attainment of the presidency in Nigeria, because the others say we lost a war, must come out into the open. We thank the northern leaders for saying that only an Igbo presidency will bring the civil war to an end, and we will challenge the others to reveal their true feelings about Ndigbo and the presidency of Nigeria.

During the weekend, the Ohanaeze Imeobi held their meeting, and as a prominent member you were not there. Why?

I had reasons to believe that the Imeobi was not meant to discuss anything but to ratify the endorsement of the president even before his party adopts him. Ohanaeze is adopting him even before his party. I thought that was ridiculous. Secondly, the Imeobi had been primed to give the present executive tenure extension. I thought it was also ridiculous that all those who criticised the third term agenda with the argument that the incumbent president at the time should not seek for tenure extension which would favour him; we are now part of tenure extension to favour an incumbent Ohanaeze President. For these two reasons, I stayed away. And looking at the communiqué and the list of attendance I got, I am glad I stayed away from the Imeobi meeting. I will always wish Ohanaeze well, because that is what we have.

After the meeting. they endorsed President Jonathan as the Igbo consensus candidate for 2011. How do you see that?

That is tragic to me, and my view is well known on this. By that endorsement, we are saying that our neighbour is such a friendly and kind person that we can entrust our destiny into his hands. I will never agree to this. The destiny of Ndigbo lies in Igbo’s hands, no more no less. I will not be like Ripvanwilkle in a folklore, who leaves his farm to go and tend other peoples’ farms only to come back and find that his farm has been taken over by weeds completely. The South East Movement is all about ‘no friend, no enemy; only Igbo interest in Nigeria.’ Our office in Enugu still bears that motto. I will be faithful to that. If President Jonathan offers me Igbo presidency in 2011, I will consider it in the context of zoning. If he offers it in 2015, we shall examine which is the better way of getting it, considering the offer we already have. But so far, nobody is offering and that is a very troubling matter for anybody with self respect.

Don’t you think that President Jonathan is keeping quiet on who will succeed him in 2015 in order not to offend the northerners?

That is exactly my point and my fear. Why is he afraid to offend the northerners if there is no secret agenda? Why are the northerners not playing safe but coming out openly with Ndigbo? I would rather go with somebody who wants to be seen in the open than somebody who will not want to be seen associating with me in the open but will sneak in to see me in the dead of the night. The presidency that we are seeking in 2015 is of right and not secret. This brings me to my second fear that the Ohanaeze executive met with the Ijaw National Congress (INC) twice on the admission of the President General in Enugu and in Yenogoa, hosted by the Bayelsa State Governor. These meetings took place about four months ago. The delegations that met with INC are not known to Ndigbo. The agreements that were with INC are not known to Ndigbo. I am begging them to make their agreement with the INC public like we published our own agreement and attendance list with Northern elders. Let there be transparency and honesty in dealing with your people.

What is the point of disagreement between the IPF version of Igbo presidency and that of Ohanaeze, which apparently is of the view that after Jonathan, power comes to Ndigbo?

There are five points of disagreement. The first is that the meeting between the IPF and Northern Elders was a public meeting and the agreements have been widely publicised with the list of those in attendance. The Ohanaeze fangled argument on rotation to the South-East does not exist anywhere except in their imagination. If they reached an agreement with the INC, let them make it public. The second difference is that the Igbo presidency 2015 proposed by the IPF is predicated on a four-year completion tenure by the north of the presidency to terminate in 2015. The northern presidential candidates have gone public on this and IBB at his declaration said he would do only four years, “so help me God.” President Jonathan, who declared three days later, kept silent on the matter of tenure and has remained silent on it ever since, and his campaign handlers have remained silent on this. People like me would want the president-general of Ohanaeze to say something on tenure before he says anything on Igbo presidency in 2015, because the two are closely linked. The third difference is that the South- South reached an agreement with the North. It was on that basisthat the late President Umaru Yar’Adua and Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan emerged. If agreement with northern leaders was an exercise in futility, why did the South-South still reached an agreement with them, and even after the IPF had reached an agreement with them, still sought audience with the North? Therefore, even the South- South knows that the agreement we reached with the Northern elders is a strong one, not to be compared with the wishful thinking of the Ohanaeze President General, who said that after the South-South ,it would come to the South-East without saying how. The forth difference is that we have reached agreements in the past, in 1959 and in 1979, with the North, championed by the legend the Great Zik, and these agreements worked for the benefit of Ndigbo in the setting up of the Federal Government at independence, with the Great Zik as the Governor General and the NPN/NPP accord. The fifth and final difference is that the leadership of Ohanaeze is afraid to even talk of Igbo presidency in 2015. They talk more on endorsement of president Jonathan even before the party has endorsed him, and yet they don’t belong to any party. If they want me to take them seriously, let them start talking as IPF is doing, that Igbo presidency 2015 is not negotiable, and let them come out boldly how this can be attained.

How come you believe that Babangida will serve only four years and work for Igbo presidency?

This is a very good question, because many people ask it of me. My answer is simple. Why should I buy land from somebody who gives me a C of O because I am afraid that he would renege on the C of O in 20 years time and I go and buy land from somebody who is not prepared to give me a piece of paper that I bought showing that land from him, let alone a C of O? We reached an agreement with northern leaders led by Mallam Adamu Ciroma, with IBB, Atiku, Ango Abdullahi, Gambo Jimeta, Yahaya Kwande, Iorcha Ayu, Tanko Yakassai and others as members. The list of attendees has been widely publicised. Acting on this agreement, IBB said he would serve for four years and hand over to an Igbo person. He went further to say that it is when an Igbo becomes the Commander-in-Chief that the civil war will be brought to an end. You are asking me how do I trust him? And I am asking you whether you want me to trust a president who does not say when his tenure will end, who does not say who he will hand over to, who has chosen a northerner as vice president, and who has said that presidency is not zoned.

How do you intend to sell your candidate?

The question of selling IBB will arise when a consensus candidate has emerged. But for me, it is an easy sell. I will not forget that once we were only Imo and Anambra, two states out of 19 states. When IBB created Abia and Enugu, we the South-East became four states in one day. And since that day, only one more has been added and we have been shouting for a sixth state and we don’t even get a hearing from the government. I have a copy of his chieftaincy photograph and chieftaincy certificate as consoler of Ndigbo, and I keep looking at the photograph of an Igbo saint and legend, Late Dr. Akanu Ibiam, who was in charge of that ceremony. These and many more will be put in pamphlet and widely circulated in Igbo land. I ask you to tell me the bad thing that IBB has done to show that he is not a friend of the Igbo,and I will not join in endorsing other region’s view about IBB who have axe to grind with him. There are so many positive records of IBB towards the Ndigbo for me to go by.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/politics/18069.html
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 12:07pm On Nov 06, 2010
Contradicting reports everywhere.
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by okosodo: 12:12pm On Nov 06, 2010
The Igbo do not Agree, but only a group of idiots that have been backstabbing the igbo nationb since the struggle do.
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 06, 2010
When will d igbo nation(?) get their acts together cos a house divided against itself can never stand! They should learn to play politics like other regions instead always going cap in hand begging d north for a position they deserve. I consider the igbos politicians BAD PLAYER S! They should learn 4rm d southwest!
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by jason12345: 3:25pm On Nov 06, 2010
Timehin:

When will d igbo nation(?) get their acts together cos a house divided against itself can never stand! They should learn to play politics like other regions instead always going cap in hand begging d north for a position they deserve. I consider the igbos politicians BAD PLAYER S! They should learn 4rm d southwest!

YOU ARE RIGHT!!!

i have asked why the igbos cannot a candidate now but its already too late!

anyway, the igbo nation have to go on a frontal assault 2015 if they actually want the presidency
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by grafikdon: 3:33pm On Nov 06, 2010
okosodo:

The Igbo do not Agree, [b]but only a group of idiots that have been backstabbing the igbo nation[/b]b since the struggle do.

grin grin grin grin LWKMD!!!!
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2010
For those that have ears!

Split Nigeria, Split Nigeria.
Split Ngieria into 6 Countries or at least 6 federating units.
Split Ngieria along the current zones and let us move forward with the rest of the world.
Must we have "one" Nigeria?

I am Igbo to the core, but I hate the idea of an "Igbo President". Just like I hate the idea of a "Hausa", "Ijaw", "Yoruba", "Tiv", "Fulani", "etc" president. I want a Nigerian President, who will treat me as a Naigerian and not as Igbo. I want a Nigerian President who will bestowe on me my rights as a Nigerian citizen without considering my religion, tribe or language.

I don't care where he comes from, neither do I care about his religion. I want a antionalist who is visionary and patriotic. Where the powers all belong to me, then woe and I mean WOE betide a president, who calls himself an Igbo president. Woe betide ethinic warlords who are dividing Ngieria in the spirit and the in the mind and yet refuse the geographical division of it.

I want a Nigerian President and I dont care if he is from Sokoto, Bayelsa, Anambra, Osun, Benue or any other state.

Wherein I cant have that, then

Split Nigeria, Split Nigeria and let it be quick.
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by excanny: 8:29pm On Nov 06, 2010
I had reasons to believe that the
Imeobi was not meant to discuss
anything but to ratify the
endorsement of the president
even before his party adopts
him.  Ohanaeze is adopting him
even before his party
. I thought
that was ridiculous. Secondly, the
Imeobi had been primed to give
the present executive tenure
extension.  I thought it was also
ridiculous that all those who
criticised the third term agenda
with the argument that the
incumbent president at the time
should not seek for tenure
extension which would favour
him; we are now part of tenure
extension to favour an
incumbent Ohanaeze President.
For these two reasons, I stayed
away. And looking at the
communiqué and the list of
attendance I got, I am glad I
stayed away from the Imeobi
meeting. I will always wish
Ohanaeze well, because that is
what we have.

As much as i respect Ralph Uwechue as an elder, i think it's time for him to honorably step down as the president of Ohaneze. Igbo deserve better than this. (I'll take my time to study his role in the war efforts where i learnt that he contributed to the sabotage of Biafra). I think this move of endorsing Jonathan, selfishly inspired by Ralph Uwechue, was not done with Igbo interests at heart, but was carried out to avenge an earlier communique signed by the Igbo Political Forum. This is not good enough reason. What is at stake is Igbo interest which is an Igbo presidency. This is more important than any personality clashes that the Ohaneze president may have with his colleagues.

Now my questions are:

(1) What is the sense in endorsing an aspirant even before his party picks him as their flagbearer? 

(2) What if Johny Boy loses the primaries, and what happens to the supposedly 'Igbo' fake endorsement?

I'm beginning to doubt if Ralph Uwechue is a true Igbo man.
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by seanet02: 8:30pm On Nov 06, 2010
awon FOOLS
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by AndreUweh(m): 8:55pm On Nov 06, 2010
seanet02:

awon FOOLS
Be sensible for once poor boy.
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by AndreUweh(m): 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2010
excanny:

As much as i respect Ralph Uwechue as an elder, i think it's time for him to honorably step down as the president of Ohaneze. Igbo deserve better than this. (I'll take my time to study his role in the war efforts where i learnt that he contributed to the sabotage of Biafra). I think this move of endorsing Jonathan, selfishly inspired by Ralph Uwechue, was not done with Igbo interests at heart, but was carried out to avenge an earlier communique signed by the Igbo Political Forum. This is not good enough reason. What is at stake is Igbo interest which is an Igbo presidency. This is more important than any personality clashes that the Ohaneze president may have with his colleagues.

Now my questions are:

(1) What is the sense in endorsing an aspirant even before his party picks him as their flagbearer?

(2) What if Johny Boy loses the primaries, and what happens to the supposedly 'Igbo' fake endorsement?

I'm beginning to doubt if Ralph Uwechue is a true Igbo man.
Uwaechue was not on his own when GEJ was endorsed. Ohanaeze under Achuzia and later Ikedife was a one-man show. It is different now. Uwaechue meant well for Ndigbo and has always done that since Biafran days till now.
Ndigbo were divided and had no direction on who to side and Ohanaeze came to the rescue. What they have done is just advisory, that does not stop you from voting for any candidate of your choice. As for me, on Ohanaeze endorsement I stand.
Now, am busy with preparations for all Igbo music festival coming up soon in London featuring Ibu, Bracket, Flavour, Nigga Raw etc. Shortly after that will be massive campaign for GEJ.
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by excanny: 9:33pm On Nov 06, 2010
Andre, I understand your point. But why did Uwechue not make public that negotiations he had with the Ijaw Political Forum?

I'm really not bothered who the Ohaneze president personally supports. As a person, he is entitled to that.

When the Igbo Political Forum held negotiations with the North, their terms and agreement were publicly known and signed(which Uwechue disapproved of on the grounds that he was not contacted).

My question still remains: What did the Ijaws promised that will lead to the actualization of our political vision as Ndigbo? If there was any, was it's terms clearly spelt out, knowing the nature of the Ijaws?
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by AndreUweh(m): 9:42pm On Nov 06, 2010
excanny:

Andre, I understand your point. But why did Uwechue not make public that negotiations he had with the Ijaw Political Forum?

I'm really not bothered who the Ohaneze president personally supports. As a person, he is entitled to that.

When the Igbo Political Forum held negotiations with the North, their terms and agreement were publicly known and signed(which Uwechue disapproved of on the grounds that he was not contacted).

My question still remains: What did the Ijaws promised that will lead to the actualization of our political vision as Ndigbo? If there was any, was it's terms clearly spelt out, knowing the nature of the Ijaws?

Thank you my brother, I enjoy your posts a lot. But who are this members of Igbo Political Forum, who elected them to speak for Ndigbo?.
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by excanny: 10:53pm On Nov 06, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Thank you my brother, I enjoy your posts a lot. But who are this members of Igbo Political Forum, who elected them to speak for Ndigbo?.

The IPF is comprised of former Vice President Dr Alex
Ekwueme, former Governor
of old Anambra State Chief
Jim Nwobodo, former Senate
President Ken Nnamani and
former CBN Governor
Professor Chukwuma Soludo, and others.

The IPF never claimed to be speaking on behalf of Ndigbo. They are just one of the many Igbo pressure groups who are coming up with different political options that could benefit Ndigbo.

My problem with the Ohaneze's endorsement is that i dont understand how this option will lead to having an Igbo presidency.

The statement made by Uwechue that Jonathan cannot be sworn in thrice does not hold water.

Igbo may not produce a president in 2015, but i want to see maneuvers that will make it a reality in the nearest future.
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by AndreUweh(m): 11:24pm On Nov 06, 2010
I do understand that some Igbo people want power to shift to the north, but the North has had it for more than 35 years and nothing was achieved in those inglorious years. Thank God for Ohanaeze, because those leaders have misled the Igbo.
What Ohanaeze is saying is that power does not rotate between the north and the south, but between the six geo-political zones.
The Ohanaeze executives have had a very careful study of all the presidential candidates for 2011 elections and have come to the conclusion that GEJ is better.
As it is now, 7 out of every Igbo is in support of GEJ.
Here in the U.K, am in constant touch with Imo state PDP chapter as well as the Chairman of PDP UK chapter who is also from Imo state. I know their opinions.
Am in touch with the president of Central ass of Nig in UK (CANUK) who is a friend and also Igbo and I know his opinion and his flock.
Believe me, Ohanaeze is right with the endorsement.
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by 1025: 11:39pm On Nov 06, 2010
Uwaechue was not on his own when GEJ was endorsed. Ohanaeze under Achuzia and later Ikedife was a one-man show. It is different now. Uwaechue meant well for Ndigbo and has always done that since Biafran days till now.
Ndigbo were divided and had no direction on who to side and Ohanaeze came to the rescue. What they have done is just advisory, that does not stop you from voting for any candidate of your choice. As for me, on Ohanaeze endorsement I stand.
Now, am busy with preparations for all Igbo music festival coming up soon in London featuring Ibu, Bracket, Flavour, Nigga Raw etc. Shortly after that will be massive campaign for GEJ.

@andrew,
it is obvious ur plan A in london has been defeated hence u are making GEJ campeign ur plan B since man must survive. u and ur uwaechue have no plans for the igbos not now and not in future. all u and ur likes are doing is call "struggling to survive"
GEJ is another name for obsanjo's third term agenda and from 1999 to 2007, we saw obasanjo's likeness for the igbos as was displayed in anambra where he used one of his destructive tool to distablize the state. we also saw how for his personal reasons, refused the ppl's mandate in imo state where ararume was dropped and instead a chronic criminal in the name of ohakim was imposed on the state.
if the igbos can come together and have agreement with the hausas against 2015 then so be it.
personally, i will vote anyone that is not obasanjo oriented.
how come this much talked GEJ has nothing to show so far for his occupation of aso rock?
the much criticized IBB has a landmark in lagos where he built 3rd mainland bridge which used to be the longest bridge in west africa.
have u ever asked urself, if GEJ stop been a president today, what will he be remembered for? maybe facebook.
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by excanny: 11:43pm On Nov 06, 2010
Andre Uweh:

I do understand that some Igbo people want power to shift to the north, but the North has had it for more than 35 years and nothing was achieved in those inglorious years. Thank God for Ohanaeze, because those leaders have misled the Igbo.
What Ohanaeze is saying is that power does not rotate between the north and the south, but between the six geo-political zones.
The Ohanaeze executives have had a very careful study of all the presidential candidates for 2011 elections and have come to the conclusion that GEJ is better.
Here in the U.K, am in constant touch with Imo state PDP chapter as well as the Chairman of PDP UK chapter who is also from Imo state. I know their opinions.
Am in touch with the president of Central backside of Nig in UK (CANUK) who is a friend and also Igbo and I know his opinion and his flock.

Let's hope that Jonathan wins the PDP primaries.
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by redsun(m): 11:49pm On Nov 06, 2010
As if being the president of nigeria is a big deal.It is one of the vilest post anybody can hold going by what the stands for politically.
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by AndreUweh(m): 12:27am On Nov 07, 2010
1025:

@andrew,
it is obvious your plan A in london has been defeated hence u are making GEJ campeign your plan B since man must survive. u and your uwaechue have no plans for the igbos not now and not in future. all u and your likes are doing is call "struggling to survive"
GEJ is another name for obsanjo's third term agenda and from 1999 to 2007, we saw obasanjo's likeness for the igbos as was displayed in anambra where he used one of his destructive tool to distablize the state. we also saw how for his personal reasons, refused the ppl's mandate in imo state where ararume was dropped and instead a chronic criminal in the name of ohakim was imposed on the state.
if the igbos can come together and have agreement with the hausas against 2015 then so be it.
personally, i will vote anyone that is not obasanjo oriented.
how come this much talked GEJ has nothing to show so far for his occupation of aso rock?
the much criticized IBB has a landmark in lagos where he built 3rd mainland bridge which used to be the longest bridge in west africa.
have u ever asked urself, if GEJ stop been a president today, what will he be remembered for? maybe facebook.
Shut up your stinking mouth as you do not know my Plan A or B. Anyway, I'm gainfully employed by the govt at Westminster and every other activity is secondary. You have a right to support any candidate of your choice and campaign for him also, likewise myself and any other. Iam heavily involved in Igbo activities in the U.K and since the apex Igbo body has giving us the go ahead to support GEJ, I will do that with all pleasure with even all the website, groups, religious bodies, cultural, political and other medium within my reach. Watch out.
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by chyz(m): 12:48am On Nov 07, 2010
excanny:

The IPF is comprised of former Vice President Dr Alex
Ekwueme, former Governor
of old Anambra State Chief
Jim Nwobodo, former Senate
President Ken Nnamani and
former CBN Governor
Professor Chukwuma Soludo, and others.

The IPF never claimed to be speaking on behalf of Ndigbo. They are just one of the many Igbo pressure groups who are coming up with different political options that could benefit Ndigbo.

My problem with the Ohaneze's endorsement is that i dont understand how this option will lead to having an Igbo presidency.

The statement made by Uwechue that Jonathan cannot be sworn in thrice does not hold water.

Igbo may not produce a president in 2015, but i want to see maneuvers that will make it a reality in the nearest future.

The move that Uwechue made by going with jonathan doesn't solely lie on Igbo presidency. What you must understand is his move was more so for Igbo Interest. Uwechue shows pride in the Igbo and hope.He knew along with Ohanaeze members, that by going with jonathan igbo interest would be less far fetch that with an IBB or northern presidency.As far as Presidency, he understands that presidency will not be handed down to the Igbo,he knows we must fight for it through unity and presenting the best candidate. That is what believing in your people is all about and Uwechue proved to be a true leader. As far of the IPF is concerned, their moves suggest that they dont believe in the Igbo, that we cant achieve anything as far as presidency if we dont abide and adhere to the northerners. Are we dogs?!No. The maneuver is well thought out and the best. Remember people like, soludo, nnamani, and ekwueme are just looking to get back into the federal family so they will sell their soul to do so and dont think that there moves are being done for the Igbo.
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by AndreUweh(m): 1:33am On Nov 07, 2010
chyz:

The move that Uwechue made by going with jonathan doesn't solely lie on Igbo presidency. What you must understand is his move was more so for Igbo Interest. Uwechue shows pride in the Igbo and hope.He knew along with Ohanaeze members, that by going with jonathan igbo interest would be less far fetch that with an IBB or northern presidency.As far as Presidency, he understands that presidency will not be handed down to the Igbo,he knows we must fight for it through unity and presenting the best candidate. That is what believing in your people is all about and Uwechue proved to be a true leader. As far of the IPF is concerned, their moves suggest that they dont believe in the Igbo, that we cant achieve anything as far as presidency if we dont abide and adhere to the northerners. Are we dogs?!No. The maneuver is well thought out and the best. Remember people like, soludo, nnamani, and ekwueme are just looking to get back into the federal family so they will sell their soul to do so and dont think that there moves are being done for the Igbo.
Word.
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by ChinenyeN(m): 4:10am On Nov 07, 2010
There is an Igbo Political Forum? As in, a political body, or simply just people gathering to discuss politics?
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by jason12345: 4:18am On Nov 07, 2010
ChinenyeN:

There is an Igbo Political Forum? As in, a political body, or simply just people gathering to discuss politics?
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by mensdept: 5:17am On Nov 07, 2010
Andre Uweh:

I do understand that some Igbo people want power to shift to the north, but the North has had it for more than 35 years and nothing was achieved in those inglorious years.  Thank God for Ohanaeze, because those leaders have misled the Igbo.
Am in touch with the president of Central backside of Nig in UK (CANUK) who is a friend and also Igbo and I know his opinion and his flock.

Clap for yourself Mr. Sabi.  cheesy
"The Ohaneze execs have had a careful study" my foot.

Look at someone who is a typical Igbo politician saying something quite interesting about the confusion of Ohaneze in the person of ABC Nwosu. Even what he's saying is also, generally pathetic and shameful. Here we are in 2010, when many countries have developed and provide great services for their people (including the UK that you live) and we are talking of IBB and how he will hand over the presidency to "Igbo" because he's truly divine.  grin

The only point that has been made by I believe chyz is that GEJ seems to be the best among prehistoric man i.e. Buhari, IBB, co, but of course, that's sentiment and hope that a Bayelsa man with Igbo "connections" will give a little bit more of a dayum for Igbo and Nigeria than those other rogues.

Finally, why is it that for Nwosu, reaching an agreement with the North means being a quiet, timid, and faceless Vice President?
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by EzeUche0(m): 5:46am On Nov 07, 2010
I am confused o!

So are we supporting the North or are we supporting Goodluck Jonathan?

I want to know which side Goodluck's father was on in Biafra. If he said Biafra, then I shall support him.
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by mensdept: 5:55am On Nov 07, 2010
EzeUche0:

I am confused o!

So are we supporting the North or are we supporting Goodluck Jonathan?

I want to know which side Goodluck's father was on in Biafra. If he said Biafra, then I shall support him.

Well pal, let that be between you and him, so that if you hear what you are hoping for, he can contest without fear or prejudice from others eh'.
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by revolt(m): 5:57am On Nov 07, 2010
Ohanaeze want to finally endorse igbo political suicide. I'd rather stand on zoning which guarantees rotation through all regions than support bunch of dudes that ddnt support their own on the basis he was igbo.so crave year indulgence after gej rules what happens to igbos.guess nig will split then?
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by EzeUche0(m): 5:59am On Nov 07, 2010
mens dept:

Well pal, let that be between you and him, so that if you hear what you are hoping for, he can contest without fear or prejudice from others eh'.

The Igbo leadership is not giving the Ndi Igbo any guidance.

So of course it has to be a personal choice now.
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by 1025: 7:57am On Nov 07, 2010

So of course it has to be a personal choice now.

@EzeUche0,
the truth of the matter is that, NOBODY GIVES WHAT HE/SHE DOES NOT HAVE. the so-called igbo leadership has got nothing to give as they have no guarranttee over anything here.
let us no be decieved, obasanjo does not trust any igboman and as such finds it difficult to work with them and we saw that in the shameful/skillfull discharging of okonjo iweala from her position despite how influential she was.
i am not against anyone supporting any politician but what i hate to hear is, somebody speaking on my behalf.
obasanjo was comfortable with a zoning system until his close confidant yar adua died. the surest means to igbo presidency is zoning so why destroying it now?
that slowpoke that is speaking for the igbos will definitely become one of the biggest contractors as soon as GEJ wins and the igbos will still remain in their back seat position.
let him come out and tell the igbos what to expect at the end of the day so that our heavily equiped kidnappers will go after him and his families might that fails.
if osama bin laden will guarranttee an igbo presidency, i will be here to vote for him because our so-called politicians have failed.

Shut up your stinking mouth as you do not know my Plan A or B. Anyway, I'm gainfully employed by the govt at Westminster and every other activity is secondary. You have a right to support any candidate of your choice and campaign for him also, likewise myself and any other. Iam heavily involved in Igbo activities in the U.K and since the apex Igbo body has giving us the go ahead to support GEJ, I will do that with all pleasure with even all the website, groups, religious bodies, cultural, political and other medium within my reach. Watch out.

@andrew,
it is one of my good days hence i will not be worried with ur insults. if u are gainfully employed by the westminster govt as u claim, and ur campeign for GEJ is secondary according to u, cld u pls point to some facts that warrants u to support GEJ and even campeign for him. in UK, how long does it take a govt to make an impact and how long has GEJ been in govt? been where u are, puts u on a great position to understand and explain to others in times like this, what needs to be done and why? in a democratic political setting, what is the role of uawechue and why do u consider such a strange name and man the best mouthpiece for the igbos?
in other countries, GEJ been arround as a president for six months or more shld have put him in a clear and pole position against other contestants but what can u point to in his time arround.
this is obj's camp and since 1999 till date, they have been arround with nothing serious to show for it and what guarranttee do u have that GEJ will be different.
i had a heated arguement with a friend who in support of GEJ told me that before august this year, nigeria will have steady power supply. i told him to take till october that nothing will happen and this is november here nigeria and the power supply is going backward as usual.
what does democracy mean if obasanjo will continiously select and impose ppl of his choice on us and when will our rights to vote and be voted for as it is in our constitution be respected?
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by ChinenyeN(m): 2:41pm On Nov 07, 2010
EzeUche0:

That's because there is no leadership. Just a bunch of elderly men thinking they can get away with establishing an oligarchy.

Back to my Igbo Political Forum (IPF) question, I still need some clarification as to whether or not IPF is indeed a true political body or simply just some people who gather to discuss politics (I'd imagine that Andre would have an answer to this question).
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by aljharem(m): 3:38pm On Nov 07, 2010
igbos

today it is ibb

tomorrow it is jonathan

an hour time it is north

later after a minute it is south
Re: Presidency: Igbo Have Agreed With North Over 2015 by yeswecan(m): 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2010
our future should determine our politics - our politics shouldn't determine our future.

(1) (Reply)

The Secrete Powers Behind Boko Haram / Describe Gaddafi In Two Words. / Fuel Subsidy Scam: Senate Releases Names Of Cabal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.