Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,344 members, 7,853,529 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:32 PM

Emir Sanusi Cries As He Narrate How A Sick Child Died In His Mother Arms Over $5 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Sanusi Cries As He Narrate How A Sick Child Died In His Mother Arms Over $5 (526 Views)

Atiku, Firm In Row Over $5.9m Visa Bill Payment / “Do I Look Like A Sick Man?" - Tinubu Asks Business Owners In Kano (Video) / Sick Child Died In Mother’s Arms Over $5 - Emir Sanusi weeps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Sanusi Cries As He Narrate How A Sick Child Died In His Mother Arms Over $5 by Gisters: 5:34am On Oct 11, 2019
The Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II got quite emotional during his speech at the United Nations meeting to reach Sustainable Development Goals in Lagos.

The Kano monarch lamented over the inequality witnessed across the country as he recounted how a sick child died in his mother's arms at his palace.

According to Emir Sanusi, the mother of the sick child walked into his palace which is just 200m from a children's hospital in the community to ask for support. However while waiting for her turn to ask for money to buy a drug which costs less than $5 for her baby, she lost him.

“And how much was this? It was less than five dollars,” an emotional Sanusi said.

He added, “This is what happens every day in this country. Children die because their parents cannot afford five dollars, that a mother will watch her child die because she does not have five dollars.”

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/emir-sanusi-cries-as-he-narrates-how-a-sick-child-died-in-his-mothers-arms-over-5

Re: Emir Sanusi Cries As He Narrate How A Sick Child Died In His Mother Arms Over $5 by Gisters: 5:34am On Oct 11, 2019

Re: Emir Sanusi Cries As He Narrate How A Sick Child Died In His Mother Arms Over $5 by emeijeh(m): 5:35am On Oct 11, 2019
"...all I want to say is that they don't really care about us"
Damn cry

[img]https://media1./images/8ceffe54d39699688f8219fb32bd43b7/tenor.gif?itemid=4351215[/img]
Re: Emir Sanusi Cries As He Narrate How A Sick Child Died In His Mother Arms Over $5 by Chuks9000: 5:38am On Oct 11, 2019
Not again.
Re: Emir Sanusi Cries As He Narrate How A Sick Child Died In His Mother Arms Over $5 by Midas01: 5:43am On Oct 11, 2019
You're part of the problem of this nation. There is a 90% probability that you once embezzled money meant for the masses so stop this fake sympathy.

Your region is one of the most backwards on Earth. Use your platform to educate northerners on the importance of Western education, not school of Qur'anic recitation. Speak against polygamy (but how can you when you just recently "acquired" a wife young enough to be your granddaughter.

My dad's former driver from Bauchi has 3 wives and several kids with a very meagre salary.

The North also practice incest which weakens the gene pool, causes a reduction in IQ, genetic mutation, weak immune system etc that is why they reason irrationally and that is why Nigeria can never move forward with them.

R.I.P to that innocent child.
Re: Emir Sanusi Cries As He Narrate How A Sick Child Died In His Mother Arms Over $5 by wallisdon: 5:44am On Oct 11, 2019
In his own part, what has he done to change the narrative.
Re: Emir Sanusi Cries As He Narrate How A Sick Child Died In His Mother Arms Over $5 by Rootprof(m): 5:51am On Oct 11, 2019
This reminds me of when a woman approached me to help her with 100 naira to complete the money for drugs for her sick child at UITH pharmacy. I was so sad that day and got me thinking can't government provides some means and conditions to safe such situations? Like give out drugs and pay later. If you want so see something just Waka go to any general hospital around you, people die just because of ordinary 500 naira drugs they couldn't buy, doctors don't send you, last office as been come normal thing for them cry
Re: Emir Sanusi Cries As He Narrate How A Sick Child Died In His Mother Arms Over $5 by aolawale025: 5:55am On Oct 11, 2019
wallisdon:
In his own part, what has he done to change the narrative.

He's speaking out! Let those with executive powers act!
Re: Emir Sanusi Cries As He Narrate How A Sick Child Died In His Mother Arms Over $5 by BuhariAdvocate: 6:06am On Oct 11, 2019
This one always crying over the issue that the majority of them caused. And let me remaind you if something not done to this ugly situation what we are seeing now would be a child play to what is yet to happen.
Re: Emir Sanusi Cries As He Narrate How A Sick Child Died In His Mother Arms Over $5 by GOFRONT(m): 6:58am On Oct 11, 2019
undecided

A sick child died in his mother's arms just because the mother could not afford N1,800...

And their elites have hidden looted Billions of Naira in their wardrobes and bedside cupboards...
Re: Emir Sanusi Cries As He Narrate How A Sick Child Died In His Mother Arms Over $5 by Racoon(m): 10:04am On Oct 11, 2019
Abeg direct this your lamentation to the core northern past/present rulers and fellow elites who ruled Nigeria as their fiefdom yet have never bettered the lot of the region or nation.

The pervading abject poverty, uncontrolled birthrate/ polygamy, stark ignorance/illiteracy, religious radicalism and oppression that are the problems of core northern Nigeria must be addressed.
Re: Emir Sanusi Cries As He Narrate How A Sick Child Died In His Mother Arms Over $5 by Racoon(m): 10:05am On Oct 11, 2019
[s]
BuhariAdvocate:
This one always crying over the issue that the majority of them caused.

And let me remaind you if something not done to this ugly situation what we are seeing now would be a child play to what is yet to happen.
[/s]You lied as usual.Maternal-Child mortality is already worst under this government.Stop following blindly.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Group Backs Removal Of NDDC From Presidency / I Will Focus On Development In My Second Term -gov Bello / Philosophy Behind General Buratai's Stellar Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.