Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,915 members, 7,848,698 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:51 AM

Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians (4426 Views)

What I Was Offered By An Occultist While Preaching In A Bus Park / Nigerian Man Arrested In Uk For Preaching In An Open Place / Prostitutes Beat Evangelist To Coma For Preaching In Their Premises In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by Midas01: 7:41am On Oct 18, 2019
Preaching is not public nuisance in Canada. He will win this case as he has proof he wasn't constituting nuisance and he has it on tape.
LordReed:
Stop constituting yourselves into public nuisance.
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by Midas01: 7:43am On Oct 18, 2019
Where did he say the Bible said so?
LordReed:

Where did the bible say the antichrist will be homosexual?
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by LordReed(m): 7:46am On Oct 18, 2019
Midas01:
Where did he say the Bible said so?

Here:

OLAADEGBU:

You can easily spot antichrist spirits manifesting themselves when the gospel is being preached to the gay community. This is why I think the antichrist will be a homosexual just as the Bible has said.
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by budaatum: 12:59pm On Oct 18, 2019
Midas01:
What is your definition of "make them angry"? No Canadian laws prevents anyone from preaching at a rally, street corner or any public place not minding the demography of the place. That means that wether it is a predominantly gay area, there is no law preventing Christians from publicly exercising their rights to preach. Gay people also go to predominantly non-gay areas and hold their gay pride rallies where lots of them walk the street either Stark naked or butt naked and are not arrested nor attacked for "making people angry".
"No law", but they were arrested?

Did you read the op at all?

Midas01:
Keep supporting nonsense, it will come back to hunt you one day. People now get used in the US and Canada for addressing a man as a woman if that person doesn't want to be called what he obviously is. And guess what? Soon the US will begin withdrawing aids to African countries who don't accept such, I hope you won't backtrack then since you want to be supporting nonsense.
So, because US and Canada can't tell the difference between woman and man, me in Nigeria should become stupid like them? Sorry dude, but I'm not like you. I'm very aware that whoever pays the piper dictates the dance so I do not rely on American aid. If you too stop relying on American aid you too can dance to your own tune.

You might benefit from reading my view on the topic here, and here, to mention a few of my posts on the subject. Basically, if a person sticks their bits in poo it isn't my bits that will pong, and one should be mindful of ones own stinks!
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by Aaronsrod: 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2019
God will destroy Canada America and Europe for this 'equal rights'.

Nigeria will stand supreme, cleansed and blessed in the blood of Jesus!

We are destined to rule!
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2019
budaatum:

"No law", but they were arrested?

Did you read the op at all?

It was an overzealous police with a gay pride badge on that arrested the preacher. If the government is already biased against Christians they can interpret the law to mean that the preacher was disturbing the peace when he was not.

budaatum:

So, because US and Canada can't tell the difference between woman and man, me in Nigeria should become stupid like them? Sorry dude, but I'm not like you. I'm very aware that whoever pays the piper dictates the dance so I do not rely on American aid. If you too stop relying on American aid you too can dance to your own tune.

GEJ paid the price for not supporting the homosexual agenda promoted by Obama and Cameron amongst others. Uganda has just called their bluff by threatening to execute gay offenders.

budaatum:

You might benefit from reading my view on the topic here, and here, to mention a few of my posts on the subject. Basically, if a person sticks their bits in poo it isn't my bits that will pong, and one should be mindful of ones own stinks!

I wonder why you always get hot under the collar when homosexual subjects are being raised. undecided
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by budaatum: 5:10pm On Oct 18, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

It was an overzealous police with a gay pride badge on that arrested the preacher. If the government is already biased against Christians they can interpret the law to mean that the preacher was disturbing the peace when he was not.
Was it now. Let me know how far they get when they sue for false arrest.

OLAADEGBU:

GEJ paid the price for not supporting the homosexual agenda promoted by Obama and Cameron amongst others. Uganda has just called their bluff by threatening to execute gay offenders.
Did he now. Nigerians did not vote for GEJ because he did not support Obama and Cameron's gay agenda? I wonder what those Nigerians who did not vote for him were thinking! And hopefully Uganda executes their corrupt officials first, or don't you think they do more harm?

OLAADEGBU:

I wonder why you always get hot under the collar when homosexual subjects are being raised. undecided
I wonder why you lie so much.

budaatum:

See. There you go with your false witnessing again!

I am not provoked when the issue of homosexuals or your other pet hates (JWs, atheists, Muslims) are being discussed Deg. I am just disappointed when you confess to worshipping Jesus Christ the Lord of Love but are so filled with hatred towards others as you often seem to be.

You in fact make Christianity seem like a religion of hatred and lies instead of the religion of love that Christ taught it to be going by the number of hate filled threads you've opened on here that it would be more appropriate for you to change your name to talibandegbu.
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:57pm On Oct 18, 2019
budaatum:

Was it now. Let me know how far they get when they sue for false arrest.

We already know that the executive, legislative and the judiciary arms of the government are biased against Christians and thus will try to interpret the law so as to convict the preacher falsely of disturbing the peace of the community, when he was only exercising his freedom of speech.

budaatum:

Did he now. Nigerians did not vote for GEJ because he did not support Obama and Cameron's gay agenda? I wonder what those Nigerians who did not vote for him were thinking! And hopefully Uganda executes their corrupt officials first, or don't you think they do more harm?

GEJ already confirmed the fact so there's no need plead ignorance. The late Mugabe was also sanctioned for taking a tough stance against the crime of homosexuality in Zimbabwe, let's hope Uganda will be able to withstand what the Western opposition.

budaatum:

I wonder why you lie so much.

I have not lied. It is you, the lamemedia and the police that lied. Watch the videoclip below if you've got data and see how the police, especially the one who arrested Pastor David Lynn, who is most likely gay (He actually said that he is a member of the LGBT community), He had the LGBT badge on his uniform. His name is actually Sgt. Henry Dyck (What a name). He lied that the preacher was causing public disturbance and that he was shouting on his microphone when in actual fact the pastor stopped using the microphone when told to stop. He was assaulted but was accuse of disturbing the peace. He was denied his human rights when in jail as the videoclip will show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA8cCDdTGXI
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by budaatum: 7:38pm On Oct 18, 2019
I doubt you'd get it. Preaching homophobic messages is not tolerated in these countries anymore. It is in fact a crime.

It used not to be. There were times when being gay was the crime, but things changed when priests stop making the laws. If you don't like the way it is now you are free to change the law back to what it used to be when you could stone people for being gay. Until then, perhaps try obeying the law of the land and not be arrested for breaking it.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:15pm On Oct 18, 2019
budaatum:

I doubt you'd get it. Preaching homophobic messages is not tolerated in these countries anymore. It is in fact a crime.

Are you saying the law prevents Christians from preaching what's in the Bible? Where does the law say Christians are no longer permitted to read and preach from the Bible?

budaatum:

It used not to be. There were times when being gay was the crime, but things changed when priests stop making the laws. If you don't like the way it is now you are free to change the law back to what it used to be when you could stone people for being gay. Until then, perhaps try obeying the law of the land and not be arrested for breaking it.

The law does not prevent people from exercising their freedom of speech. The law has not changed it is just liberals like you that interpret the law to penalise those who believe and preach the laws of God. Just as the Gay Pride parade are allowed to promote their lifestyle anywhere in the land regardless whether it is repulsive to people or not Christians are also allowed to practise their faith wherever and whenever as long as it is in the public domain. Nobody is inciting that they gays should be stoned even that is exactly what the gay community are doing when they falsely arrest and prosecute Christians who practise their faith.
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 18, 2019
budaatum:

Some people and their unreasoning! So going to "an area where many of the LGBT community reside" to make them "angry and violent" is not provocation?

THEY'RE NOT CHRISTIANS

Because Jesus himself is against constituting a nuisance by making unwarranted noise in the neighborhood! Matthew 12:19

If Jesus never preached to disturb passersby and he didn't ask his followers to make noise in public places, whoever does that in Jesus name is an enemy of Jesus. Why?
Such individuals are tarnishing the good/wise image Jesus built with his reasonableness! Matthew 7:21-23

So THEY'RE NOT CHRISTIANS!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 18, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Are you saying the law prevents Christians from preaching what's in the Bible? Where does the law say Christians are no longer permitted to read and preach from the Bible?
The law does not prevent people from exercising their freedom of speech. The law has not changed it is just liberals like you that interpret the law to penalise those who believe and preach the laws of God. Just as the Gay Pride parade are allowed to promote their lifestyle anywhere in the land regardless whether it is repulsive to people or not Christians are also allowed to practise their faith wherever and whenever as long as it is in the public domain. Nobody is inciting that they gays should be stoned even that is exactly what the gay community are doing when they falsely arrest and prosecute Christians who practise their faith.

True Christians employs two types of preaching techniques, the formal and informal preaching!

Formal is when you discuss with your neighbor about your faith.

Informal is when you behave decently, dress modestly and conduct yourself appropriately.

The only faith that's capable of discussing confidently about their beliefs are the true Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses). We've got what it takes to reach the hearts of our listeners! Hebrews 4:12

All others can only propagate their ideology by gesture, when it comes to tactful discuss about their beliefs they fail woefully. That's why misinformed Churchgoers who assume they're also Christians can't preach/teach peacefully, reasonably and respectfully to convince their neighbors so they just start constituting a nuisance in buses, streets and other places.

You'll see them begin praying in buses and public places all because they want to preach. Matthew 6:5

True Christians were taught to approach their neighbor, greet respectful and introduced themselves and their message! Matthew 10:11-14

But Churchgoers don't know what to say if allowed to talk one on one with an interested persons, so they begin the heaven is real, hell is real stuff! cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by budaatum: 10:27pm On Oct 18, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

No, degbu. No law of any country would possibly prevent anyone from preaching what is in the Bible. In fact, any sane country would want people to preach what is in the Bible. The question is what is it that you understand to be in your Bible.

If your Bible tells you to preach the Gospel of Jesus which is love you neighbours and your enemies moreso, and if your yourself have learnt the Gospel of Jesus which will make you a blessed peacemaker full of spiritual fruits, some countries would even pay you to preach what you understand from your Bible. But if your understanding turns you into talibandegbu then I'm afraid we will have to stop you from preaching it on the streets just as we would stop anyone preaching any gospel of hatred on the streets.

OLAADEGBU:

You believe whatever you want about your free speech degbu, but as you can obviously see from this your very own thread, the laws in some countries say your free speech does not include the promotion of hatred and intolerance and disturbing the peace.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by budaatum: 10:30pm On Oct 18, 2019
Maximus69:

THEY'RE NOT CHRISTIANS

Because Jesus himself is against constituting a nuisance by making unwarranted noise in the neighborhood! Matthew 12:19

If Jesus never preached to disturb passersby and he didn't ask his followers to make noise in public places, whoever does that in Jesus name is an enemy of Jesus. Why?
Such individuals are tarnishing the good/wise image Jesus built with his reasonableness! Matthew 7:21-23

So THEY'RE NOT CHRISTIANS!
They cannot possibly be Christians Max. And if they are what Christians are meant to be, I would rather be a hell bound atheist.

Thankfully we all have a copy of the Word of God and can learn proper Christ behaviour from it.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Amen. Thanks for this encouragement, it means a lot. God bless. smiley

Anytime, brother.

God bless you too.

Great grace and peace be with you.
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2019
budaatum:

No, degbu. No law of any country would possibly prevent anyone from preaching what is in the Bible. In fact, any sane country would want people to preach what is in the Bible. The question is what is it that you understand to be in your Bible.

If your Bible tells you to preach the Gospel of Jesus which is love you neighbours and your enemies moreso, and if your yourself have learnt the Gospel of Jesus which will make you a blessed peacemaker full of spiritual fruits, some countries would even pay you to preach what you understand from your Bible. But if your understanding turns you into talibandegbu then I'm afraid we will have to stop you from preaching it on the streets just as we would stop anyone preaching any gospel of hatred on the streets.

You believe whatever you want about your free speech degbu, but as you can obviously see from this your very own thread, the laws in some countries say your free speech does not include the promotion of hatred and intolerance and disturbing the peace.
to be honest degbu preaches Against everyone: Catholics,JWs,atheist,Muslims etc....I wonder if there is a sect he approves of
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by Amujale(m): 11:37pm On Oct 18, 2019
All the Abrahamic religions are a massive charade and its inevitable that these type of drastic measures will have to be implented in order to despell the general public from all their falsities and fakery.
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by Amujale(m): 11:42pm On Oct 18, 2019
I dont suppose Canada is really against Cristianity per se, although their laws are probably against spreading fakery and falsities similar to what all the Abrahamic religions does.
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by budaatum: 1:01am On Oct 19, 2019
Michellekabod2:
to be honest degbu preaches Against everyone: Catholics,JWs,atheist,Muslims etc....I wonder if there is a sect he approves of
He approves of his own taliandegbu sect.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by budaatum: 1:07am On Oct 19, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

It is only when you accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour that you can ever have peace.
Now I know why you have no peace. You have not accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour so you are tormented with so much hatred towards everyone and everything.

I will pray for you. May you find peace someday degbu. In Jesus Mighty Name.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by LordReed(m): 6:52am On Oct 19, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Deeper Life and Trumpism.
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 19, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Of course there is a sect he had in mind 'Kumuyi's Deeper Life' but it's highly difficult for him to convince anyone that Kumuyi's Church is the one and only Christian group on planet earth! Why?

Because their founder never ordained any of his followers to become a minister worthy of the kingdom message, he is their Alfa and Omega!

So he can't preach peacefully and with efficiency, all he had in mind is 'whatever Kumuyi says is the right thing' but presenting the practical application of what the crooked man taught him becomes the greatest obstacle of his life.
And it's not possible to reach the earth of your audience if there is no practical application of what you're teaching which you supposed to show your listeners! smiley
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 19, 2019
budaatum:

He approves of his own taliandegbu sect.

Christianity is about how our home "earth" is going to become a Paradise once again after the expulsion from Eden. Psalms 37:7-11, 29, 67:6-7,Proverbs 2:20-22, Isaiah 35:5-6, 65:21-23

So if you're a true Christian, you should be able to convince anyone from anywhere that you know the principle that can bring about LOVE and PEACE on this planet. Matthew 10:7, 28:19-20, Hebrew 4:12 compared to Isaiah 54:17

Surely there must be friction due to conflict of ideas, because we're all intelligent beings and no one is ready to bow for the idea of another. John 10:19-20

But if you're able to present a practical application of what you're saying so that everyone can see it working {Matthew 5:14-16} then whoever stands against such idea have judged himself/herself as an enemy of LOVE and PEACE! John 3:16-18

Throughout the world today people vilify Jehovah's Witnesses due to our uniquely different ideas about faith and worship that could bring about PEACE amongst LOVING worshipers of the same God {John 13:34-35} of course we understand why it's so {Matthew 10:20-22, John 17:14-16} but as long as what we're trying to present before them is working for LOVE and PEACE amongst all those who agreed to live by it, we're vindicated! John 17:20-23 compared to Romans 15:5-6, 1Corinthians 1:10, Ephesians 4:3, Philippians 2:2
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by malvisguy212: 9:54am On Oct 19, 2019
budaatum:

Now I know why you have no peace. You have not accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour so you are tormented with so much hatred towards everyone and everything.

have you accepted JESUS as your Lord ?
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by budaatum: 10:43am On Oct 19, 2019
malvisguy212:
have you accepted JESUS as your Lord ?
You know what, it's none of your business. But if you want to know, watch the fruits, if you can see that is.

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 19, 2019
budaatum:

You know what, it's none of your business. But if you want to know, watch the fruits, if you can see that is.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

buda!

You'll give them the headache of their life with that quotation. Because truthfully speaking, it's stupidity asking if someone have accepted Jesus as Lord when you're seeing him practicing exactly what Jesus commanded him to do! cheesy
Their problem is believing what their credulous pastors who are wolves in sheep's clothing told them instead of carefully studying Jesus' comments themselves in order to identify true Christians by their FRUIT! Matthew 7:15-20 cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by budaatum: 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2019
Maximus69:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

buda!

You'll give them the headache of their life with that quotation. Because truthfully speaking, it's stupidity asking if someone have accepted Jesus as Lord when you're seeing him practicing exactly what Jesus commanded him to do! cheesy
Their problem is believing what their credulous pastors who are wolves in sheep's clothing told them instead of carefully studying Jesus' comments themselves in order to identify true Christians by their FRUIT! Matthew 7:15-20 cheesy

They should have headaches! If they had Jesus in their own lifes they would understand that their question deserved a Temptation in the wilderness sort of answer.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+4%3A1-11&version=NIV
Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:04pm On Oct 19, 2019
budaatum:

It is only the real Jesus that can give you peace not the fake ones you claim upandan. tongue

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05pm On Oct 19, 2019
SonofAhayah:

Anytime, brother.

God bless you too.

Great grace and peace be with you.

Amen. Remain blessed and rapturable. wink

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by budaatum: 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

It is only the real Jesus that can give you peace not the fake ones you claim upandan. tongue
Do you know what the word "peace" even means?

You don't seem like someone at peace degbu, the abundance of your heart is hatred and bitterness and self righteousness and constant damnation of others!

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2019
budaatum:

You will not understand because you are an enemy of the cross.

budaatum:

What you are purposing is what I expect haters of the Cross to do especially during the Great Tribulation.

budaatum:

So much for tolerance. undecided

Re: Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:49pm On Oct 19, 2019
budaatum:

Do you know what the word "peace" even means?

"For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape"
(1 Thessalonians 5:3).

budaatum:

You don't seem like someone at peace degbu, the abundance of your heart is hatred and bitterness and self righteousness and constant damnation of others!

"Open rebuke is better than secret love. Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful"
(Proverbs 27:5-6).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do Catholics Really Know Who What And Why They Worship (pictures) / Did God Create Adam As An Adult Or Was He First A Baby? / What Does It Mean To Be A "Neither Cold Nor Hot" Christian? - Olamide Obire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.