Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada (76785 Views)

My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park / My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls / Photos From My Christmas Experience At Udo Udoma Park In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by justwise(m): 6:52am On Jan 02, 2020
Drenimarcus:

Mr justwise, I do need your help sir. I made a quote on lionlee216 thread regarding his WhatsApp and I would like it deleted. Thank you.

All you needed to do was to edit your own post.
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Wallace2107: 6:54am On Jan 02, 2020
Dannyko:
Lol,Canada is not heaven but I can assure you it's way better than Nigeria;I honestly have no regrets moving here.
who cares if u chose to be a 4 class citizen in Canada? U don't av a choice but to luv it. U failed in Nigeria, where people are taking in billions every day n ran to Canada. But burial, etc, u go run back to naija..okpe

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Drenimarcus(m): 6:58am On Jan 02, 2020
justwise:

All you needed to do was to edit your own post.

Yeah but my brain was fried(had a long day) so I reported it lol, Dan you please have that quote with his number edited or deleted? I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 02, 2020
Ennyhorlar:

If money is the only thing required to leave the country, most of us would have left.

The requirement is too much

Baba God, see as people dey yarn Abt Canada when me Neva even near Border cry
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 02, 2020
Chai. British Council and IDP go chop money like madt for this double 20

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by czaratwork: 8:52am On Jan 02, 2020
They call it pay it forward. Sometimes the person ahead of you in the queue pays for your services and you pay for the services of the person behind you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by LadyJasper: 9:16am On Jan 02, 2020
czaratwork:
They call it pay it forward. Sometimes the person ahead of you in the queue pays for your services and you pay for the services of the person behind you.
Abeg who send dem?
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Mogajunior(m): 10:07am On Jan 02, 2020
edoairways:
That is good. Am planning to relocate there, how is their weather over there?
One of the coldest after Russia. If u hate cold, stay away. But above all, Canada is a great country.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by edoairways: 10:13am On Jan 02, 2020
Mogajunior:
One of the coldest after Russia. If u hate cold, stay away. But above all, Canada is a great country.
Thank you
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by MrBONE2(m): 10:28am On Jan 02, 2020
Crownbefitsme:
In Nigeria here..
They will tell you dat dey have paid for your food

N also remind d waiter
Some waiters are not smiling
Some of them will still collect money for the food they paid for

grin

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Hadampson(m): 10:44am On Jan 02, 2020
googi:
In which country apart from African countries can you work with a foreign certificate?

You cannot work with British medical degree in the USA. Even within US you have to pass state exams except where there is reciprocity to practice law.

The point here is not foreign degree, it is about well qualified African Canadians or African Americans that finished at Ivy league universities and found themselves jobless at the end of recruitment process by employers. Can you understand how hard it is to counsel them?

You guys must stop using lucky tokens as an example of success abroad. Indeed, it is one of the point of contentions between Africans and African Americans. If they are well qualified, how could children of foreigners find professional jobs in positions their fathers and mothers died for?

I'm sure of Germany. Some Nigerians emigrated to Germany through job seeker visa and got employed using certificates they got when they were in Nigeria.

Also, i have seen some Nigerians who went to Canada through Express entry and got employed before they landed in the country with certificates they got in Nigeria.

In the western world, if you want to get employed, you need to work harder than the natives. Study lucrative a course like IT, nursing, pharmacy etc, get the required skills, have good grades, build a good CV and see if you won't get job offers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:50am On Jan 02, 2020
CastedDude:
Some pained people should keep on killing themselves because they cant leave the shores of Nigeria. Canadians are really nice people and relocating abroad is a very good move. God bless u guys who have shared their lovely stories. Cant wait to hear more.
You need to stop this sour attitude of urs.
Some of us still believe in our country, and I know alot of nice people too in this country
If the standard of living in Nigeria is as good as Canada am sure we would have alot more nicer people around.

I love my country and am proud to live here.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:59am On Jan 02, 2020
Wallace2107:
who cares if u chose to be a 4 class citizen in Canada? U don't av a choice but to luv it. U failed in Nigeria, where people are taking in billions every day n ran to Canada. But burial, etc, u go run back to naija..okpe
You are very correct, some of us ain't leaving this country to go settle abroad permanently for any reason
I prefer to live in Nigeria where am doing well than to travel out to go and live in another country where I will manage to live well

7 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by ItzChapel: 11:16am On Jan 02, 2020
Please friends. I had someone to help me secure a job in Canada, therefore processing a work visa since September and I didn’t receive a call yet ...

But what do you guys think can be wrong as some of my friends have gone (he did it for us together).
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Mbenny(m): 11:43am On Jan 02, 2020
salford1:

My chairman. I full ground for Sask.
Guy please i will like to get some info from you.
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Mbenny(m): 11:54am On Jan 02, 2020
Nowenuse:

OMG! Please I need you and Salford1 to lecture me on this like ASAP. I already secured a job in Canada and will be moving over there to resume by next month. I really really need to know what you guys are trying to say.
More enlightenment for fellow compatriots pls
please i will like to get some info from you
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Mbenny(m): 12:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
RaptorX:
Your friend is telling the truth, let this people be living in their imaginary fantasy Canada land where it is all flowers and candies.
maybe your friend is not a skillful worker and canada need more skilled workers.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by drnoel: 12:27pm On Jan 02, 2020
CastedDude:
Some pained people should keep on killing themselves because they cant leave the shores of Nigeria. Canadians are really nice people and relocating abroad is a very good move. God bless u guys who have shared their lovely stories. Cant wait to hear more.

Ur comment is uncalled for. People talking above out of caution doesn't make them haters. Don't be a sour loser.
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by drnoel: 12:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
salford1:

Definitely not all Canadians are nice. It is erroneous to generalise based on a few occurences. All countries have good and bad people. I have met some really nasty Canadians. From my experience, people generally seem to be more friendlier in smaller Canadian cities. People in bigger cities tend to mind their own business and can often show a nasty behavior when you cross their personal space.

Don't mind those people attacking people making their own opinions known. Generalisation really doesn't fit in well in any situation. Anyone who is widely travelled and experienced should know that. What I see here are a few group of people that just currently left the shores of Nigeria and everything around them is still glittering like gold. Anyways, their eyes will open soon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by drnoel: 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2020
justwise:

Don't derail this thread with your negativity and Canada vs Nigeria nonsense, the op was telling a story of a kind gesture extend to him by a complete stranger in a foreign land and you are here talking about something else.

I believe she was making her opinion known. I don't see anything wrong with that though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by salford1: 12:47pm On Jan 02, 2020
drnoel:

Don't mind those people attacking people making their own opinions known. Generalisation really doesn't fit in well in any situation. Anyone who is widely travelled and experienced should know that. What I see here are a few ground of people that just currently left the shores of Nigeria and everything around them is still glittering like gold. Anyways, their eyes will open soon.
Dr. I just had to post the screenshot below as your username reminded me if an incident which is not even an isolated case. A Nigerian dr. Friend often experiences this as well from patients and nurses. This is just to show some of the things people or immigrants deal with from some "nice" Canadians in the workplace. cheesy

That's one of the reasons why I stated that there are good and bad people everywhere, unlike the eldorado some new immigrants and non-Canadians are passing across to others on this thread.

1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by drnoel: 1:05pm On Jan 02, 2020
salford1:

Dr. I just had to post the screenshot below as your username reminded me if an incident which is not even an isolated case. A Nigerian dr. Friend often experiences this as well from patients and nurses. This is just to show some of the things people or immigrants deal with from some "nice" Canadians in the workplace. cheesy

That's one of the reasons why I stated that there are good and bad people everywhere, unlike the eldorado some new immigrants and non-Canadians are passing across to others on this thread.

Yes, that's the reality of the issue. I wish I can say I haven't seen similar thing but I have in my line of work were u meet every sort of people under some extreme stressful situations. I have seen too many things and sort of people to fill a lifetime that sometimes I still wonder how I retain my sanity.
I think the take home information is not to generalize but to say that there are good and bad people. And no matter who we meet, we should retain our calm even in the face of persecution and hostility. Cheers all and happy new year.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by MrDoGood(m): 2:07pm On Jan 02, 2020
Lalaska:
So my wife and I took a few days off. It's pre thanksgiving and we decided to have lunch at a restaurant. We went with our 11 month old baby and sat beside a couple that were wrapping up their own lunch. They admired our beautiful baby and gave the usual compliments - "oh she's so cute", "How old is she" etc.
They left before us and when we concluded, asked for the bill. We received the shock of our lives when the waiter told us the couple had paid for our lunch, that they liked our baby. We were so surprised and didn't even have the opportunity to say thank you to them. These guys are super nice here and we indeed feel very grateful. Happy thanksgiving to all Canadians.

That's very nice. I know I didn't choose the wrong country. I pray my papers and that if my with to be works out. Amen

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 02, 2020
Those are Canadian military couple, plz Take it as a warning or a blessing better enrol her in a music or FILm academy my mum told me same happened to me when I was a kid, and I'm talking from experience, thank me later.
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by urchcoded(m): 3:46pm On Jan 02, 2020
Stormyweather:
my lecturer shared a similar experience. They just moved to Canada and Needed to get a washing machine urgently, they found one that the price was really higher than their budget but felt they could beat it down. They Approached the young couple selling it and after bargaining, they paid and went to look for a truck to bring it Home. When they got Home, the wife opened the washing machine and saw an envelope with more than thrice the money they paid, there was a small Note there that read "we love your family and hope you settle in Soon, please do reach out if you need any assistance.". That was really touching. This happened over 10 years ago.

And Dy are mostly atheists in that country.
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by shankie: 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2020
Nowenuse:

Exactly I need it to. I'll be moving there like next month to resume a job Pls you guys should tag me if something like that is done.
pls I will like to chart with u personally, I don't knw how to reach u, but u can pls reply me here or reach me on zero eight zero six zero two three six two five zero
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by alexola20(m): 9:20am On Jan 03, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Christmas's Village Home To All Christian Tourists... Photos / Nigerians Who Absconded After Traveling To Russia For World Cup, Cry Out. Photos / All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.