Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction (19554 Views)

STAGES Of Duplex Construction / 4 Bedroom Duplex Construction: Live Photos - Less than half plot - Agege Lagos / 8 Bedroom Duplex Construction - Lakowe Golf � (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by true2home(m): 7:14pm On Jan 10, 2020
spyder880:
This decking cast, now fully completed.........

Does the plan calls for Swimming Pool on there First Floor? I see Dowel Bars extruded
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 8:14pm On Jan 10, 2020
true2home:

Does the plan calls for Swimming Pool on there First Floor? I see Dowel Bars extruded

No, theres only a swimming pool in the compound.

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by zamirikpo(m): 11:47pm On Jan 10, 2020
spyder880:

No, theres only a swimming pool in the compound.

People keep discouraging me from constructing a swimming pool, they say the cost of maintenance is high.

Is there a way around It, cos I won't mind including it in my project.
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 9:32pm On Jan 18, 2020
Updates on this house today......

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 9:36pm On Jan 18, 2020
Upstairs......

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 9:42pm On Jan 18, 2020
We have pulled out some of the decking wood......

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 9:47pm On Jan 18, 2020
Inspecting the lintels from the top......

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 8:43pm On Jan 20, 2020
Carpentry works on the lintels in this house.........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 8:44pm On Jan 20, 2020
More carpentry works on the lintels............

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by joycluv: 10:26pm On Jan 20, 2020
Well done work Oga Spyder. Plz sir, 6" solid blocks and 9" hollow blocks, which is stronger in constructing a duplex?
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 6:37am On Jan 21, 2020
joycluv:
Well done work Oga Spyder. Plz sir, 6" solid blocks and 9" hollow blocks, which is stronger in constructing a duplex?

I advice you use 9" hollow blocks.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by joycluv: 6:54am On Jan 21, 2020
spyder880:

I advice you use 9" hollow blocks.
Thanks my man. But is there any special reason for this 9" hollow as against 6" solid? Plz don't be offended by my question. Just that I want to be very sure
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 3:04pm On Jan 21, 2020
joycluv:
Thanks my man. But is there any special reason for this 9" hollow as against 6" solid? Plz don't be offended by my question. Just that I want to be very sure

There is, we use the 9" hollow blocks which could give us a thicker column girth, which will translate into a stronger columns and beams.

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by joycluv: 9:05am On Jan 22, 2020
spyder880:

There is, we use the 9" hollow blocks Onitsha could give us a thicker column girth, which will translate into a stronger columns and beams.
Am most grateful for this explanation. More Grace!!!

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 2:56pm On Jan 31, 2020
We return to restart works on this site as from Monday. More materials being delivered to site from today.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by zamirikpo(m): 10:24pm On Jan 31, 2020
spyder880:

There is, we use the 9" hollow blocks which could give us a thicker column girth, which will translate into a stronger columns and beams.

Boss , some one suggested I use 9" hollow blocks for the exterior walls of the duplex and 6" solid for the interior partitions.

Work about to start.

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by diehard(m): 6:43am On Feb 01, 2020
zamirikpo:

Boss , some one suggested I use 9" hollow blocks for the exterior walls of the duplex and 6" solid for the interior partitions.

Work about to start.

Not a good idea, some pillar of the house will be bigger that the 6inch solid blocks and installation of in-wall plumbing and electrical piping will pose a challenge with these solid blocks
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 6:51am On Feb 01, 2020
diehard:

Not a good idea, some pillar of the house will be bigger that the 6inch solid blocks and installation of in-wall plumbing and electrical piping will pose a challenge with these solid blocks

Exactly. Better to use 9" hollow blocks on the whole ground floor.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by zamirikpo(m): 9:10am On Feb 03, 2020
diehard:

Thank u sir, uve been really helpfully. But like the proverbial Oliver twist , I will always want more.

Sir, I see ur lintel entails chaining the house right round, that's essentially the job. But my house has very long Windows, in fact I have wiindoows that almost run the full length of the building. How do u do lintel for such situations
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 8:33pm On Feb 03, 2020
zamirikpo:

Thank u sir, uve been really helpfully. But like the proverbial Oliver twist , I will always want more.

Sir, I see ur lintel entails chaining the house right round, that's essentially the job. But my house has very long Windows, in fact I have wiindoows that almost run the full length of the building. How do u do lintel for such situations

If a client needs very long windows, we usually plan to shorten the beams at the lintel level to cut a window straight up, then use the decking beam as the window beam.

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by zamirikpo(m): 10:39pm On Feb 03, 2020
spyder880:

If a client needs very long windows, we usually plan to shorten the beams at the lintel level to cut a window straight up, then use the decking beam as the window beam.

Ok....thank u boss, but the main lounge won't be decked. How do u connect such windonws

E.g. below

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 5:49am On Feb 04, 2020
zamirikpo:

Ok....thank u boss, but the main lounge won't be decked. How do u connect such windonws

E.g. below

It's very simple, the decking beam will take care of the connection, plus the decking itself.

See pictures of long windows from some of our works in other sites. This house has a void over the living room too.

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by zamirikpo(m): 7:29am On Feb 04, 2020
Thanks boss.....information is life.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by Sarang(f): 7:50am On Feb 04, 2020
This is super cool and cost effective

Spyder880 How much estimate would this take including the finishing?
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 8:57am On Feb 04, 2020
Sarang:
This is super cool and cost effective

Spyder880 How much estimate would this take including the finishing?

Construction of this house in most parts of southern Nigeria that I have studied will be about N13m, except the land has other issues that will be treated like if the bearing capacity of the land is weak, or it's in a waterlogged environment.

Finish is according to what the client wants. Normal standard finish for this house will be about 15m, but if the owner will want a super luxury finish, it will cost much more.
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by Sarang(f): 10:47am On Feb 04, 2020
spyder880:

Construction of this house in most parts of southern Nigeria that I have studied will be about N13m, except the land has other issues that will be treated like if the bearing capacity of the land is weak, or it's in a waterlogged environment.

Finish is according to what the client wants. Normal standard finish for this house will be about 15m, but if the owner will want a super luxury finish, it will cost much more.
Cool cool nah to geh money remain
It’s actually more expensive than the others..
It’s beautiful though
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 10:38pm On Feb 04, 2020
Our building here is still ongoing after a short rest..........

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by zamirikpo(m): 8:39am On Feb 05, 2020
spyder880:

Boss u mean normal standard finishing can gulp 15m , much more than the cost of the skeleton.
Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 11:42am On Feb 05, 2020
zamirikpo:

Boss u mean normal standard finishing can gulp 15m , much more than the cost of the skeleton.

It can get up to that.

Good tiles inside and outside
Casement windows
Turkish doors
Nigerian wires
Gauge plastering
Good sanitary wares
Wrought iron handrails and step rails
Kitchen and wardrobe cabinets
POP ceiling
Screeding and painting
Ornamental designs
Burglary proof
Good light fittings

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 7:35am On Feb 10, 2020
Work still going on in this house. I will be here today........

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 6:28pm On Feb 11, 2020
Lintel and column concrete cast for this building.....

2 Likes

Re: The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction by spyder880(m): 6:30pm On Feb 11, 2020
Lintels......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Court Stops Lagos State Government, Federal Housing Authority From Demolition / Cost Of Building A 4-bedroom Flat Bungalow (pics) / Filing Station On Fire Near Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.