Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

What Made You Pick Interest In Programming - Programming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Made You Pick Interest In Programming (73972 Views)

Do Certificates Matter In Programming / If You Are To Advice Between Python And Java, Which Would You Pick? / Differences Between Testing And Debugging In Programming Of Software Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by F3dan: 10:59pm On Oct 12, 2019
Savotech:
I am an embedded systems programmer i.e I write programs for electronics hardware for domestic and industrial control systems. I gained interest in programming out of passion to solve problems that cant be solved using a discrete integrated circuit. Programming is used to add high level intelligence to hardware system.

I love this. How do I start learning this?
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Olibboy: 11:21pm On Oct 12, 2019
Slawormir:
I be like programming o
Na im make me chose computer science

But when Uniben subject us to old programming language like Pascal and Fortran ehnnnnn
I swear i nor like that course again
Same here
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by tollyboy5(m): 11:22pm On Oct 12, 2019
F3dan:

you'll have to learn low level access to microcontrollers if you want to learn embedded system. C programming is the language, know it very well most especially pointers and bitwise operator.
but if you want simpler coding of embedded system after learning C you move to understanding embedded C which is also C programming meant for microcontroller, I mean hard ware programming then learn arduino board coding.
when trying to go deeper using pic/ 8051 you learn their libraries and ports. smiley

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Iretii0511(m): 11:29pm On Oct 12, 2019
Because I have to feed.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by sacx: 12:03am On Oct 13, 2019
It was just one of those things that came naturally for me. I like to create solutions and build things. Since programming presented one of such opportunities, I saddled in that direction.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by TheManOfTheYear: 12:22am On Oct 13, 2019
Slawormir:
I be like programming o

But when Uniben subject us to old programming language like Pascal and Fortran ehnnnnn
Uniben's CSC is nothing but rubbish. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Layographics(m): 12:27am On Oct 13, 2019
I am a web developer and also a graphics designer check my profile on instsgram @laryorgfx or my website log on to layographics.com.ng
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 13, 2019
Jobia:
Nicee..

Also looking to get a masters in CS.. did BSc. Electrical/Electronics Engineering, you think it's possible to cope with it?

Cope? of course grin grin if you did elect/elect in Nigeria you can cope with any course lol.
I don't think its necessarily easy, but its doable, i've a few friends who went that route as well, B.SC engineering and masters in CS, but none i know did in Nigeria. Funding on my part is one issue, and reluctance to take a second degree just after my B.Sc is another but i'll advice anyone willing to go ahead, its definitely worth the investment especially if you're doing it outside of Nigeria (actually, that's the only scenario a masters makes sense to me)

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Kvngfrosh(m): 2:05am On Oct 13, 2019
Sirvingeo:

Backend : python is my primary language .
Front-end : html, Css and JavaScript
what does Front end and Back end mean ?

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by XwhY(m): 3:05am On Oct 13, 2019
My love for mathematics has made me think I'll do well with coding as a side hustle.

I started with html about 2 years ago but I later dropped it due to some work challenges. I'm ready to pick up from where I stopped now.

I'll be happy if anyone can teach me more stuff here.
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Nobody: 5:11am On Oct 13, 2019
XwhY:
My love for mathematics has made me think I'll do well with coding as a side hustle.

I started with html about 2 years ago but I later dropped it due to some work challenges. I'm ready to pick up from where I stopped now.

I'll be happy if anyone can teach me more stuff here.
www.rainigeria.com

1 Like

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by kunkelhanspeter(m): 5:32am On Oct 13, 2019
When you realized 6 out of 10 richest man in the world are programmers you will fall in love with programming.
Learning C# and ASP.NET now
Can any one tell me C# compiler on iPhone?
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Kokaine(m): 5:47am On Oct 13, 2019
philip0906:

1. Visit learnpython dot org and start with the basics--- start with HTML, CSS & bootstrap then move to Python and Ruby. You can also checkout freecodecamp dot org.

2. Use Youtube tutorials for visuals; Search for "learn python/HTML/CSS full course for beginners" any of the languages you want to learn...You can also check out & subscribe to Freecodecamp youtube channel

3. Sign up on meetup dot com...And select your city of residence. You will join over 5,000 Nigerians who are learning how to code with different bootcamps and learning events organised throughout the year.

4. Immerse yourself in this daily for 8 months...Then apply for Andela's learner or volunteer programs next year April/May

5. If you don't get the opportunity to join Andela, there will be other doors that will open for you (One of the pros of been a programmer)

6. Give yourself this time next year, you will be a self taught programming guru (You need atleast 11 months of intense self learning to be ready to take on very tasking jobs)

7. You will be spoilt for choice of jobs, no matter how little for a start (freelance, remote, contract or salary)...That's a guarantee
You somehow avoided JavaScript in your writeup

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by shegzhkn: 7:28am On Oct 13, 2019
MountainView:
Hello there, my fellow programmers and aspiring , now let me ask you,

Why did you choose to become a programmer??

For me, i picked interest after watching the TV series Kyle XY and I've enjoyed the journey so far...

When did you start coding ?
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by MicroBox: 8:21am On Oct 13, 2019
F3dan:

Start with learning how to program ATMEGA Microcontroller with C language i.e Same type of microcontroller use in Arduino Uno.
Mind you, you don't need a separate programmer, you can use Arduino board as bootloader for programming another Atmega Microcontroller.
Sketches are very accessible for you to modify.. .
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 13, 2019
Kokaine:
it's challenging oooh. But javascript is the center point sha. Once you cross that hurdle, the cruise is smooth.

I no even understand that one
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by MountainView: 9:24am On Oct 13, 2019
shegzhkn:

When did you start coding ?

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 13, 2019
Kvngfrosh:
what does Front end and Back end mean ?
client interface are == front-end language . The part you see
server == back end language. you don't see

1 Like

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Electroweb(m): 10:00am On Oct 13, 2019
I also like programming. I don't know where to start from. Programs that work on Artificial Intelligence, robotics, industrial application etc. is my interest. Where do I start?
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by shegzhkn: 10:32am On Oct 13, 2019
MountainView:

k , what language did you start with ... how many are you proficient with right now and where lies your strength and your Achilles's heels ?
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Kokaine(m): 10:37am On Oct 13, 2019
ambitiouschap:

I no even understand that one
use w3schools.com
Start from the first tutorial of JavaScript to the end. Don't mind the rigor. Its worth it at the end. Just open a your editor (preferably visual studio code, install pluggings like HTML boilerplate, CSS peek, open in browser, and live server) and practice while you read. You should have a community of friends and mentor that do JavaScript because its very confusing. But focus on vanilla JavaScript. That means JavaScript with no libraries like jquery. When you are done witg w3schools, use YouTube videos to confirm you are up to speed with ES6 codes. (Just basic ones) by this time im sure you would have started enjoying it.

5 Likes

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by 3mmyz(m): 11:18am On Oct 13, 2019
Slawormir:
I be like programming o

You'll be glad they did. These old programming languages and their interfaces gives you insight on what it once felt like in time past and how far we've come.
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by azeezInfo(m): 11:19am On Oct 13, 2019
Contact me through adenijiazeez@ia2ztech.com
McAustin92:
I have some spare time and I'd like to make adequate use of it not just fucking around, I'd like to learn the basics of Java, I paid for a course on Udemy, but i just ain't understanding shit ,I'd like to Learn from someone on here online thou
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by shegzhkn: 12:10pm On Oct 13, 2019
MountainView:

did u get my last MT.
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by shegzhkn: 12:12pm On Oct 13, 2019
McAustin92:
I have some spare time and I'd like to make adequate use of it not just fucking around, I'd like to learn the basics of Java, I paid for a course on Udemy, but i just ain't understanding shit ,I'd like to Learn from someone on here online thou

hello man , is the java course you referring to is java materclass by Tim bulchalka or which one.
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by berbs: 12:17pm On Oct 13, 2019
Slawormir:
I be like programming o

��������
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by zeestone99(m): 12:30pm On Oct 13, 2019
Sirvingeo:

Backend : python is my primary language .
Front-end : html, Css and JavaScript

Wow and you did this in a year
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 13, 2019
Kokaine:
use w3schools.com
Start from the first tutorial of JavaScript to the end. Don't mind the rigor. Its worth it at the end. Just open a your editor (preferably visual studio code, install pluggings like HTML boilerplate, CSS peek, open in browser, and live server) and practice while you read. You should have a community of friends and mentor that do JavaScript because its very confusing. But focus on vanilla JavaScript. That means JavaScript with no libraries like jquery. When you are done witg w3schools, use YouTube videos to confirm you are up to speed with ES6 codes. (Just basic ones) by this time im sure you would have started enjoying it.

thanks will bookmark this cos am on mobile I hope I can get a PC soon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java / Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually / Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.