Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another (13709 Views)

Misuse Of The Bible Verses / Conquer Your Fears With These Courage-building Bible Verses / 14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 9:57am On Oct 13, 2019
One of God's greatest commandments is that we treat each other well.

There numerous Bible verses about loving one another, just as God loves each of us:
Leviticus 19:18

Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against a fellow Israelite, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
(NLT)

Hebrews 10:24
Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. (NLT)

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient and kind.
Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. (NLT)

1 Corinthians 13:13
And now these three remain: faith,
hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love. (NIV)

1 Corinthians 16:14
Do everything in love. (N

1 Timothy 1:5
You must teach people to have genuine love, as well as a good conscience and true faith. (CEV)

1 Peter 2:17
Respect everyone, and love your Christian brothers and sisters. Fear God, and respect the king. (NLT)

1 Peter 3:8
Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude. (NLT)

1 Peter 4:8
Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.(NLT)

Ephesians 4:32
Instead, be kind and merciful, and forgive others, just as God forgave you because of Christ. (REV)

Matthew 19:19
Respect your father and mother. And love others as much as you love yourself. (CEV)

1 Thessalonians 3:12
And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all, just as we do to you.
(NKJV)

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing. (NKJV)

1 John 2:9-11
Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister is still in the darkness. Anyone who loves their brother and sister lives in the light, and there is nothing in them to make them stumble. But anyone who hates a brother or sister is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness. They do not know where they are going, because the darkness has blinded them. (NIV)

1 John 3:11
For this is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another. (NIV)

1 John 3:14
We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love each other. Anyone who does not love remains in death. (NIV)

1 John 3:16-19
This is how we know what love is:
Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence.
(NIV)

1 John 4:11
Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. (NIV)

1 John 4:21
And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister. (NIV)
John 13:34
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. (ESV)

John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. (ESV)

John 15:17
These things I command you, so that you will love one another. (ESV).

Romans 13:8-10
Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God’s law. For the commandments say, “You must not
commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not covet.” These—and other such commandments—are summed up in this one commandment: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God’s law.

Thoughtful Faith for Your Life
Sign up to receive study aids and practical answers to help you grow spiritually and pursue an authentic, purposeful Christian life.
(NLT)

Romans 12:10
Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
(NLT)

Romans 12:15-16
Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all! (NLT)

Philippians 2:2
Fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. (NKJV)

Galatians 5:13-14
You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” (NIV)
Galatians 5:26

Let us not become conceited, provoking

https://www.thoughtco.com/bible-verses-about-love-for-one-another-712093

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by Richdad50(m): 10:04am On Oct 13, 2019
shocked

I met a lady in the summer of 2007 who was molested by her father since when she was 13 years of age. At 28, she was a wrecking ball, damaged in and out and every relationship she entered, she either cheated or behaved so badly to the extent the men couldn't cope.

A man I met 5 years ago narrated to me how is wife never loved him. She would nag and insult him at every slight opportunity. When they make love, she would cry and curse him in the process. He was broken and shattered in many pieces.

From a child whose father has grinded in pieces to men an women who seek to amend their damage, LOVE was the greatest gift they could ever have, ever wish for.

You cannot experience or give love if you do not know or understand the nature of him who is love himself, GOD. For those who seek love or wish to give, I encourage you to first discover God.

Richdad

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 13, 2019
I am safe here angry

Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by drips8(m): 10:05am On Oct 13, 2019
Those verses won't change a thing.

1 Like

Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by PureGoldh(m): 10:05am On Oct 13, 2019
In conclusion, Let love lead always

1 Like

Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by Michaelaaa: 10:05am On Oct 13, 2019
Hmm
Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by sshyne(m): 10:07am On Oct 13, 2019
This is what Christianity should be not all those rubbish being preached by all those tithe seeking thieves

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by IME1: 10:08am On Oct 13, 2019
1 Corinthians
13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Happy birthday uncle Henry
Your house off Agbowo express was a mini Nigeria
Thanks for accommodating a host of us 2010-2011

If you know you know wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by helinues: 10:08am On Oct 13, 2019
Religion is just a scam..

Are our teachers not religious?
Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by villagecraft: 10:09am On Oct 13, 2019
OP. That blog is lightening. Thanks for sharing
Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by TLoveFoundation: 10:09am On Oct 13, 2019
... the ultimate law is love
Romans 13:10

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by solmusdesigns: 10:10am On Oct 13, 2019
are you an isrealite?

2 Likes

Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by AsomArchitectNG(m): 10:10am On Oct 13, 2019
We offer services for Architectural drawings/construction in order to
achieve a conducive, affordable and sustainable
building which meets the trend of contemporary
buildings today...see my signature for project executed and our contact details

You are just a DM away...
Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by Detour00: 10:11am On Oct 13, 2019
OK.
ADEWUMIMichael:
One of God's greatest commandments is that we treat each other well.

There numerous Bible verses about loving one another, just as God loves each of us:
Leviticus 19:18

Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against a fellow Israelite, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
(NLT)

Hebrews 10:24
Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. (NLT)

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient and kind.
Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. (NLT)

1 Corinthians 13:13
And now these three remain: faith,
hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love. (NIV)

1 Corinthians 16:14
Do everything in love. (N

1 Timothy 1:5
You must teach people to have genuine love, as well as a good conscience and true faith. (CEV)

1 Peter 2:17
Respect everyone, and love your Christian brothers and sisters. Fear God, and respect the king. (NLT)

1 Peter 3:8
Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude. (NLT)

1 Peter 4:8
Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.(NLT)

Ephesians 4:32
Instead, be kind and merciful, and forgive others, just as God forgave you because of Christ. (REV)

Matthew 19:19
Respect your father and mother. And love others as much as you love yourself. (CEV)

1 Thessalonians 3:12
And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all, just as we do to you.
(NKJV)

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing. (NKJV)

1 John 2:9-11
Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister is still in the darkness. Anyone who loves their brother and sister lives in the light, and there is nothing in them to make them stumble. But anyone who hates a brother or sister is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness. They do not know where they are going, because the darkness has blinded them. (NIV)

1 John 3:11
For this is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another. (NIV)

1 John 3:14
We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love each other. Anyone who does not love remains in death. (NIV)

1 John 3:16-19
This is how we know what love is:
Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence.
(NIV)

1 John 4:11
Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. (NIV)

1 John 4:21
And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister. (NIV)
John 13:34
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. (ESV)

John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. (ESV)

John 15:17
These things I command you, so that you will love one another. (ESV).

Romans 13:8-10
Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God’s law. For the commandments say, “You must not
commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not covet.” These—and other such commandments—are summed up in this one commandment: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God’s law.

Thoughtful Faith for Your Life
Sign up to receive study aids and practical answers to help you grow spiritually and pursue an authentic, purposeful Christian life.
(NLT)

Romans 12:10
Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
(NLT)

Romans 12:15-16
Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all! (NLT)

Philippians 2:2
Fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. (NKJV)

Galatians 5:13-14
You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” (NIV)
Galatians 5:26

Let us not become conceited, provoking

https://www.thoughtco.com/bible-verses-about-love-for-one-another-712093
Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by helinues: 10:12am On Oct 13, 2019
And no syllabus for ' life is not fare' or
Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by Adebimbo99o: 10:13am On Oct 13, 2019
Y

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 13, 2019
Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by okpukpu(m): 10:16am On Oct 13, 2019
Love is the greatest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by bonnyhope: 10:17am On Oct 13, 2019
helinues:
Religion is just a scam..

Are our teachers not religious?

To you everything is a scam
Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by nairalanduseles: 10:18am On Oct 13, 2019
bonnyhope:

To you everything is a scam

He is right it is the biggest sham in the universe
Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by Edu3Again: 10:20am On Oct 13, 2019
The greatest act of Love is Jesus dying for us .

Joh 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Allah on the other hand demands Moslems die for him.

1 Like

Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by EzekaUdenee: 10:24am On Oct 13, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
are you an isrealite?
[/s]

1 Like

Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:27am On Oct 13, 2019
GOD IS LOVE.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by nairalanduseles: 10:29am On Oct 13, 2019
post=83094718:
GOD IS LOVE.

U hypocrite .......What do u know about love ......when u support someone who brings pain and suffering to his people.....
People like you need to be disgraced publicly

2 Likes

Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by Digipro: 10:31am On Oct 13, 2019
Leave them
Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by Patrioticman007(m): 10:32am On Oct 13, 2019
Edu3Again:
The greatest act of Love is Jesus dying for us .

Joh 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Allah on the other hand demands Moslems die for him.

Your mumu never do?. Imagine a Jew guy that was flogged and nailed to the cross by ordinary drunken Romans. He could not save himself from the Italians tell me how come , he died for you a black African in Nigeria ?..

Its like the Parrot that was eaten by the wolfs, telling other animals, he died for their sins, what concern Lions, Elephants, whales and ants with Parrots ?. Are we from the same human race to start with ?. Be mindful of the fact that colonial masters used missionaries as tools to grab and occupy lands in the world. That's why China & Russia will always use money to buy Africa rather than wait for promo from missionaries.
If you know you know.

1 Like

Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by Edu3Again: 10:33am On Oct 13, 2019
Patrioticman007:

Your mumu never do?. Imagine a Jew guy that was flogged and nailed to the cross by ordinary drunken Romans. He could not save himself from the Italians tell me how come , he died for you a black African in Nigeria ?..

Jesus came to die for us.

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Please remind us what allah or mohammed did for anybody

2 Likes

Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:37am On Oct 13, 2019
HIS BANNER OVER US IS LOVE.

JESUS ROCKS.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by funmike83(f): 10:43am On Oct 13, 2019
Love no dey naija again
Re: 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another by Patrioticman007(m): 10:44am On Oct 13, 2019
[quote author=Edu3Again post=83094851]

Jesus came to die for us.

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Please remind us what allah or mohammed did for anybody. Quote.
Bros J,
The first verse of the Quran breathes the spirit of peace, it reads: "In the name of God, the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate." ... Moreover, the Quran states that the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) was sent to the world as a mercy to mankind (Quran: 21:107).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! / Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell / FourSquare Gospel Church Building Collapses At Ojodu-Berger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.