Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,232 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child (53335 Views)

Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building / Man Dedicates His Soul To Satan On Facebook, Vows To Initiate Christians / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by ylaa(f): 10:23am On Oct 14, 2019
True talk. Biko tell them.
It's not a do or die affair
After all, na God say go ye and multiply.
The thing been dey hungry this man tired
Him no fit hold am again
Body no be fire wood joor
Congrats sir

uote author=SultanOfAbia post=83112284]There is nothing wrong for Priests to marry..

Its better than butfucking young boys
Anyways Congrats Father..
[/quote]
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 10:32am On Oct 14, 2019
ctleurocollege:
If you want to understand the church, get baptized afterwards join Catechism class, you will understand and like the church, that's why people don't leave

Well that's my point; you people should be able explain the church without me having to visit there
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 10:34am On Oct 14, 2019
djoe21:

Good you are reading up now so you don't make claims that are unfounded.

By the way, are you a catholic or you just go worship there sometimes?

Ok, you explain it: why can't they marry? Nobody can give any type of sane answer

I am not a Catholic but I have Catholic family members
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 10:34am On Oct 14, 2019
djoe21:

The way you make some claims, one would think you have all the facts and evidence. Relax.

You all keep saying I'm making claims yet when I ask you, you can't give me any kind of reasonable answer
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 10:35am On Oct 14, 2019
djoe21:

In every sphere you find the good, the bad and the ugly. But you don't throw away the baby with the bath water.

Fair enough but why are you people so reluctant to clean that bathwater? It's killing the baby...
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 10:38am On Oct 14, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
yeah.i admit it's quite difficult for an outsider to understand the teachings and doctrines of Catholic church.the Catholic church has order and rites to follow which you won't understand as an outsider.the Catholic church is not as random and disorganized as some other churches.if you really want to understand the Catholic church,you'll have to go for catechism classes to understand at least most of the doctrines.youll have to have an open heart for you to understand,because let's be honest if you've vowed not to understand something you will never understand it.if you come for cathechism classes you'll understand why most things are being done in a specific way in the Catholic church,and you will appreciate the beauty of the Catholic church.

Okay, thanks
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Omoluabi16(m): 10:42am On Oct 14, 2019
Catholics and their insecurities. Their minds have been permanently shut from biblical reasoning. Their classic response of having the biggest population of 6.8b worldwide is very laughable. When you here people say I am proud to be Catholic and not Christian, then there is a problem.
Population does not matter, after all wide is the way to destruction.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexandro15: 10:42am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

You know what? Seek special audience to Patrick Edet, the man who this post is about. Ask him what he meant by 'I am now free.' I know what happened to him. God has delivered him finally from all the deceits that you are still in.

Like Nicodemus visited Jesus at night seeking the truth, and Jesus explained to him how he has been living in grand ignorance and delusion all his life, thinking he was serving God. Go to Patrick Edet at night. I should talk to a Catholic priest or father? Really? To tell me what? When I should be expounding the Word to him to save him? I know the two-faced life they live in secret, and put on an artificial garment of holiness in public and to their members. I knew a complete hypocrite like that years ago (a 'father') and I would shake my head.

How can you be truly righteous when you are not born again, as Jesus told Nicodemus? It is the Spirit that quickens the mortal body to live a life that pleases God. You can't force it. The carnal mind (not born again) cannot please God.

My brother, leave rituals and traditions of men ( reading sacramenta, hail Mary and the rest). They cannot save you. Give your life to Christ. Become born again and you'll be set free like Patrick Edet.

Where you aware of what ails him? Did you ever hear him criticize the Catholic Church? He only said he is now free. Truth be told, Patrick Edet tied himself and committed himself to what he knew and understood to be life long. They have roughly 11years of discernment to hear if God was really calling them to the priesthood.

And you know what? He used his hands to apply for the ministries, both as lector, acolyte, deacon and then priest. It has handwritten so that in the future nobody will say he was coerced. He knew what he was signing up for and did it anyway. Now he's saying he's free. Yes, he is indeed free.

I do not blame him for leaving. It's better for him to leave than to stay and soil the name of the sacred Catholic priesthood. He is now free, to marry, have children and do what he wants.

You tell me to be born again. I am. I am born not only of the water of baptism but also of the holy spirit which God gives and which I received again at confirmation. I am daily fed with the body of Christ which I receive at Mass and with God's words heard daily at Mass and private reading.

Go, read and understand before you say things on public media. You will only show your ignorance

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexandro15: 10:47am On Oct 14, 2019
Omoluabi16:
Catholics and their insecurities. Their minds have been permanently shut from biblical reasoning. Their classic response of having the biggest population of 6.8b worldwide is very laughable. When you here people say I am proud to be Catholic and not Christian, then there is a problem.
Population does not matter, after all wide is the way to destruction.

There was an era when Catholicity and Christianity was used interchangeably. To be a Christian was to be Catholic and verse versa.
Our minds have not be shut, but your minds. Look at the state of religion in Nigeria and tell me who has messed things up, Catholics or Protestants?
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 11:47am On Oct 14, 2019
Alexandro15:

There was an era when Catholicity and Christianity was used interchangeably. To be a Christian was to be Catholic and verse versa.
Our minds have not be shut, but your minds. Look at the state of religion in Nigeria and tell me who has messed things up, Catholics or Protestants?

But Catholics messed things up in the first place, that's how Protestants came about
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by djoe21(m): 11:56am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

Fair enough but why are you people so reluctant to clean that bathwater? It's killing the baby...

Haha. Your last statement got me grin

On a more serious note though, the clean up measures have always been in place and it is a continuous process. But no matter what, as long as we still remain in this imperfect world, there will always be bad eggs. Remember Judas Iscariot? Comfortably in the ministry of Jesus till the very end.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by djoe21(m): 12:05pm On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

Ok, you explain it: why can't they marry? Nobody can give any type of sane answer

I am not a Catholic but I have Catholic family members

Good. I would be glad to explain things to you but first of all, I would like to know if you truly want to learn about Catholicism or you are just looking for loopholes to criticise.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by inyenejo(m): 12:16pm On Oct 14, 2019
Abasi adiong Roman Catholic church ke Akwa Ibom...God bless Roman Catholic church here in Akwa Abasi ibom state...My first son must be a Rev Father by God's grace etang ekak ekipe etie.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SURElee(f): 12:52pm On Oct 14, 2019
djoe21:

And you think that will solve the problem? Do you know how many married men are cheats and/or paedophiles?

And you are thanking her for giving an explanation with no proof. What makes you believe that what she explained is the truth? SMH.

While you are shaking your head, you can help also instead of quoting her.. It is all about choice. The men who cheat in their marriages made their choice same way this former priest choose to marry.

Is all about choice. Everyone is gifted with a power of choice as long as we are alive.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SURElee(f): 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

I am reading up on it now... the defence is that its because they are supposed to be "married to the church" and concentrate on leading the church and not sex...

But they are thinking of changing it because it's scaring men away from the priesthood.

I hope they change it and combat that paedophilia stuff because its one thing that makes me feel somehow worshipping there

THANK YOU FOR THIS.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by djoe21(m): 1:34pm On Oct 14, 2019
SURElee:

While you are shaking your head, you can help also instead of quoting her.. It is all about choice. The men who cheat in their marriages made their choice same way this former priest choose to marry.

Is all about choice. Everyone is gifted with a power of choice as long as we are alive.

Yes of course; that is why it is a CHOICE to be a priest or not. The conditions are clearly stated and no one is forcing anyone to be a priest neither is the church saying you must be a priest to make heaven.This is a simple stuff.

And surely I would love to explain much to you if only you would have an open mind.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 1:42pm On Oct 14, 2019
djoe21:

Haha. Your last statement got me grin

On a more serious note though, the clean up measures have always been in place and it is a continuous process. But no matter what, as long as we still remain in this imperfect world, there will always be bad eggs. Remember Judas Iscariot? Comfortably in the ministry of Jesus till the very end.

They've always been in place but I don't really think they were properly implemented until recently...Judas Iscariot was rooted out almost immediately... that's just my point. I don't understand why the Catholic Church has been reticent to rectify these huge issues
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by djoe21(m): 1:52pm On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

They've always been in place but I don't really think they were properly implemented until recently...Judas Iscariot was rooted out almost immediately... that's just my point. I don't understand why the Catholic Church has been reticent to rectify these huge issues

How was Judas rooted out almost immediately? Jesus knew Judas and his evil intentions and deeds yet allowed him even till the end.You think Jesus did not know Judas was stealing from the common treasury all along?

Jesus gave Judas enough time to repent from his evil ways yet he did not. At the end it cost him his life. Even after betraying Jesus, I believe if he had asked for mercy and forgiveness, God would have forgiven him.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 2:00pm On Oct 14, 2019
djoe21:

How was Judas rooted out almost immediately? Jesus knew Judas and his evil intentions and deeds yet allowed him even till the end.You think Jesus did not know Judas was stealing from the common treasury all along?

Jesus gave Judas enough time to repent from his evil ways yet he did not. At the end it cost him his life. Even after betraying Jesus, I believe if he had asked for mercy and forgiveness, God would have forgiven him.

Lol and then none of this would have happened cheesy
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by djoe21(m): 2:04pm On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

Lol and then none of this would have happened cheesy

I think it would still be happening though. The world is an imperfect place.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 2:13pm On Oct 14, 2019
djoe21:

I think it would still be happening though. The world is an imperfect place.

Yeah was just joking

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by djoe21(m): 2:18pm On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

Yeah was just joking

So still care to know more on Catholicism?
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2019
djoe21:

So still care to know more on Catholicism?

Of course... tell me all about it..
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by djoe21(m): 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

Of course... tell me all about it..

OK. I will dm you my number so we can discuss more about it on whatsapp if you don't mind.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by winterfell007(m): 5:53pm On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

Show me where in the Bible that justifies this practice. Where Jesus Christ mentioned it. Not what they told you. Who gave the catholic church authority to be making laws different from the Bible and Jesus teaching

Broad is the way that leads to destruction and narrow is the way that leads to life. The Catholic church has a lot of people because it is EASY to CHRISTIANITY. Church of convenience. Sin today and go and confess tomorrow. Lol (Another false teaching).

The Catholic at least is a lot better than those Protestant fraudsters. Even with some of them having families of their own, they still go about getting involved in sexual misconduct's e.g: Coza pastor and of recent that Unilag lecturer that calls himself a pastor
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexaonfleek: 6:12pm On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

But Catholics messed things up in the first place, that's how Protestants came about
most Protestants left the Catholic church because of their selfish interests.google it up
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by winterfell007(m): 6:55pm On Oct 14, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
most Protestants left the Catholic church because of their selfish interests. google it up

You are right. I keep wondering. An institution as old as the Roman Catholic Church still standing for more than 2000years. It shows influential the church is, ever evolving and modern.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexandro15: 9:25pm On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

And Protestants are literally doing the same thing they accused the Catholics of. Infact, they are soiling the name of Christianity. Not a week goes by in nairaland without you seeing a headline about crimes pastors committed.
Who is fooling who?
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 9:32pm On Oct 14, 2019
Alexandro15:

And Protestants are literally doing the same thing they accused the Catholics of. Infact, they are soiling the name of Christianity. Not a week goes by in nairaland without you seeing a headline about crimes pastors committed.
Who is fooling who?

I know this, I am replying to your statement.. it sounded like you were trying to absolve the church of mistakes, of which it has plenty
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Funnyguy83: 11:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
anienge001:

Here is a recent picture. There is a video of him saying Eucharistic prayer II.
a priest forever Sha . but can I get the videos ?
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 11:32pm On Oct 14, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
most Protestants left the Catholic church because of their selfish interests.google it up

Are you talking about recently or the origin of Protestantism? The Catholic church was unsuitable for some people because of its endemic corruption and elitism, thats why they created the Anglican church
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 11:33pm On Oct 14, 2019
SURElee:

THANK YOU FOR THIS.

Np

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? / Gays & Lesbians Are Sinners And They Will Go To Hell If...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.