Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? (1963 Views)

Strictly For Elect/elect Aspirants, Students, Engineers And Professionals. / Job Prospects For A Bsc Microbiologist In Nigeria / HND Holders: How Late Is Too Late For A BSc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by pinokio(m): 6:43pm On May 20, 2007
i have a hnd upper credit in electrical/electronics engineering, and a bsc.(2:2) in Industrial maths. i completed my youth service in january this year. i've been applying to almost all the advertised jobs in the dailies and on the net, and STILL i dont have a job, WHAT DO I DO NEXT? i've even got a certificate of proficiency in AutoCad. Please advise me on how to proceed, should i "jand" and start life afresh?should i go for a certification course while waiting for a job? should i just focus on getting a job? WHAT SHOULD I DOOO? I DON TIRE OH!!!
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by DisGuy: 7:05pm On May 20, 2007
[s]do another degree for a 2.1 then another for a 1st class[/s] grin

Focus on getting a job!

Get someone to review your CV
Go for interview training
Search for advert outside your area/state
Get online and look for more work
Make sure your phone is on and working
check your inbox and junk mail regualrly.

Getting a job is a job remember wink
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by dominobaby(f): 12:55am On May 21, 2007
Lol @ Dis Guy,

@poster, its not just about getting a degree. Do you want a job or a career? When you've answered that, then you sit down and define whatever it is. Develop some skills to that effect and you can bet something good will come your way.
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by ishmael(m): 8:28am On May 21, 2007
HND Elect/Elect, Bsc Industrial Mathematics; very good courses; and you still don't know how to create a job for urself?? Please don't say that again. You can proceed to do a Masters if you fel that would help you to get a job; but my advice is create a job and stop wasting ur time looking for someone to employ you.
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by Hndholder(m): 11:45am On May 22, 2007
This man need experience in one of the two fields. Or should go and teach by obtaining Academic masters Degree. He has overjumped. We are not advanced to the level of indusrial maths yet, Try computer skill /operation research
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by ishmael(m): 8:20pm On May 22, 2007
Hnd-holder:

This man need experience in one of the two fields. Or should go and teach by obtaining Academic masters Degree. He has overjumped. We are not advanced to the level of indusrial maths yet, Try computer skill /operation research

Pls help me advice the confused man, who after doing HND in Elect/Elect instead of going for a PGD and MSc in Elect/Elect, wasted his time to do a BSc in industrial maths again. Advice him to go ahead with his Elect/elect. He was so confused and lacked focused. Instead of doing that Bsc ind. maths he should have continued with pgd and msc EE Engineering.
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by dominobaby(f): 9:38pm On May 22, 2007
Ishmael, easy O!
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by ishmael(m): 7:15am On May 23, 2007
dominobaby:

Ishmael, easy O!

my sista, the thing reach make i talk like that i beg!! He thought there was no job for him because he had HND in Elect/Elect. He thought he could get a job by getting a Bsc course; now even after the Bsc he is still complaining of not having a job. Elect/Elect and Industrial Mathematics are good courses so let him use his knowledge and create job(s) for himself and stop going out to look for paid jobs. Alternatively let him go ahead and do a Masters Degree, may be he could get a job as a Lecturer in any of the higher institutions in Nigeria.
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by Hndholder(m): 7:59am On May 23, 2007
The man was simply runing from HND stigmmaattiizzzzatiions He should come back now, let him get registered with computer hardware/software school, he is a material for the future Nigeria-sat-7.
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by dominobaby(f): 9:30am On May 23, 2007
And how on earth do you know he thought he couldn't get a job with his HND? You assume a lot and i don't know why you've got so much 'beef' about B.Sc.
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by ishmael(m): 9:56am On May 23, 2007
dominobaby:

And how on earth do you know he thought he couldn't get a job with his HND? You assume a lot and i don't know why you've got so much 'beef' about B.Sc.

Because you always believe everything is BSc, which ofcourse is not true. HND Elect/Elect & Bsc Industrial mathematics holder, no job!! please dont make me believe you didn't pass thru any school. There are jobs for you out there, all u need to do is to use ur initiative.
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by Hndholder(m): 10:19am On May 23, 2007
After HND it should be a masters degree. What is the relationship, an engineering HND and a degree in MATHS not even educational MATHS, industrial maths for that matter in NIgeria, it equals to WASTE of TIME at least 8 wasted years for degree sake.
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by ishmael(m): 10:52am On May 23, 2007
Hnd-holder:

After HND it should be a masters degree. What is the relationship, an engineering HND and a degree in MATHS not even educational MATHS, industrial maths for that matter in NIgeria, it equals to WASTE of TIME at least 8 wasted years for degree sake.

you dey mind the guy. He was not well counselled.
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by Hndholder(m): 10:57am On May 23, 2007
Degree of waste.
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by pinokio(m): 12:02pm On May 23, 2007
AN OPINION IS LIKE AN ANUS; EVERY BODY HAS ONE. 4 UR INFORMATION I RAN BOTH COURSES CONCURRNTLY. GOT MY HND IN 2004, AND BY BSC IN 2005. SO HND-HOLDER HAVE SOME RESPECT, AND DONT HATE, JUST APPRECIATE. IF U'VE GOT NOTHING BETTER TO SAY PLEASE LOG OUT AND GO HOME SO THAT RIGHT THINKING, POSITIVE PEOPLE CAN AIR THEIR VIEWS IN A MORE ENLIGHTENED MANNER. THANK YOU, NOW SCRAM!
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by Hndholder(m): 1:44pm On May 23, 2007
pinokio:

AN OPINION IS LIKE AN ANUS; EVERY BODY HAS ONE. 4 UR INFORMATION I RAN BOTH COURSES CONCURRNTLY. GOT MY HND IN 2004, AND BY BSC IN 2005. SO HND-HOLDER HAVE SOME RESPECT, AND DONT HATE, JUST APPRECIATE. IF U'VE GOT NOTHING BETTER TO SAY PLEASE LOG OUT AND GO HOME SO THAT RIGHT THINKING, POSITIVE PEOPLE CAN AIR THEIR VIEWS IN A MORE ENLIGHTENED MANNER. THANK YOU, NOW SCRAM!

Get one thing clear you can not use one of the certificate. It is a fraudulent practice.
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by ishmael(m): 5:15pm On May 23, 2007
pinokio:
4 UR INFORMATION I RAN BOTH COURSES CONCURRNTLY. GOT MY HND IN 2004, AND BY BSC IN 2005.

How did you do it?? Did you do one on a part time basis?? Or you did both as full time?? if both were on full time then how did you do ur NYSC?? becos both HND and Bsc go for NYSC?? I think you are the cause of your problem.
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by pinokio(m): 2:46pm On May 24, 2007
since when did undergraduates start registering on nairaland? I ask this because its either HND HOLDER or his deluded sidekick ISHMAEL have never set their eyes on an NYSC call up letter, or they are the most ignorant, illiterate, uneducated Nigerian graduates to ever pass thru the NYSC scheme. If u have ever been issued a call up letter, or maybe one of ur near or distant relatives has had the priviledge of being issued one and he/she then allows u to take a glance at it, then u would know that it is clearly stated on the reverse side of the letter that it is an offence to serve more than once. even if u have 10 degrees in as many disciplines. I dont blame u if u dont understand. Its not ur fault, Thats just how u are. Sorry
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by ishmael(m): 6:05pm On May 24, 2007
JJC in NYSC. You are a liar infact. No need to talk to an insane and confused boy like you who can not create or get a job with HND Elect/Elect and BSc Industrial maths. Olodo!! May you continue doing Bachelors Degree courses!! From HND to Bsc; from Bsc to BTech; from BTech to BA; from BA to BTheology etc.
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by Hndholder(m): 8:35am On May 28, 2007
Than you, I now remember that I was a corp member 21years ago at a state call Gongola with the capital at Yola. It is for sincere and mature men then not fraudulent cheaters half baked unemployable graduate without skill. May be then pinokio was in nursery school. We were thinking we could help. I ran two masters degree at the same time but one is useless now. Here I rest my case as I do not think I have time for an arrogant boy not old enough to be my son
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by oludunamis(m): 11:11am On Jun 06, 2007
@ everyone
pinkio was only expressing his mind and asked for suggestions. people shud not encourage the habbit of slagging each other off. Dont judge people, or you all think you have made better live decisions simply because one is yet to get a job?

All is needs is ur suggestions and not raining insults on him.

@ pinkio
Tell us which area u want to go into and we can help further, i.e do u want the industrial maths route or the elect elct route

does ur BSc have lots of applied maths content? things like fluid dynamics, heattransfer, computational methods, finite element methods and other applied maths contents

do u have any exposure to object oriented programming i.e java, C++ etc

if u have all the above then there might be a way out using ur indutrial maths route

let me know and good luck
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by Hndholder(m): 11:23am On Jun 06, 2007
Thank you so much, this is Pinokio statement

Quote from: pinokio on May 23, 2007, 12:02 PM
   4 UR INFORMATION I RAN BOTH COURSES CONCURRNTLY. GOT MY HND IN 2004, AND BY BSC IN 2005.

pinokio:

since when did undergraduates start registering on nairaland? I ask this because its either HND HOLDER or his deluded sidekick ISHMAEL have never set their eyes on an NYSC call up letter, or they are the most ignorant, illiterate, uneducated Nigerian graduates to ever pass through the NYSC scheme. If u have ever been issued a call up letter, or maybe one of your near or distant relatives has had the priviledge of being issued one and he/she then allows u to take a glance at it, then u would know that it is clearly stated on the reverse side of the letter that it is an offence to serve more than once. even if u have 10 degrees in as many disciplines. I don't blame u if u don't understand. Its not your fault, Thats just how u are. Sorry

So arrogant.  My least paid staff graduated before him, He can not get anything to do  with that attitude. EFCC should be after him for cheating, he caused his own problem, He need to have two C.V s One for HND and the other for the Bsc because employers do not want "smart guys" like him.
oludunamis:

@ everyone
pinkio was only expressing his mind and asked for suggestions. people should not encourage the habit of slagging each other off. Dont judge people, or you all think you have made better live decisions simply because one is yet to get a job?

All is needs is your suggestions and not raining insults on him.

You should be objective here.
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by ishmael(m): 11:44am On Jun 06, 2007
No body insulted him; we were only trying to advice him but he started insulting us. He's a very small boy in the academic system, i don't know of his age sha; graduating in 2004 and 2005!! i could have possibly been his Lecturer sef. Which schools did Pinokio graduate from sef??
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by oludunamis(m): 11:56am On Jun 06, 2007
me or pinkio?
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by ishmael(m): 1:12pm On Jun 06, 2007
oludunamis:

me or pinkio?

Obviously it cannot be you now. Have u said anything wrong to me??
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by pinokio(m): 2:07pm On Jun 06, 2007
thanks y'all for ur good comments. i'm interested in getting into telecomunications engineering, i was thinking of doing the ccna programme. can u acdvise me on relevant certifications i need to get a good telecomms job with my hnd?
Re: Got A Hnd Elect/elect (upper Credit)and A Bsc. Industrial Maths 2:2.so Now What? by ishmael(m): 4:38pm On Jun 06, 2007
pinokio:

thanks y'all for your good comments. i'm interested in getting into telecomunications engineering, i was thinking of doing the ccna programme. can u acdvise me on relevant certifications i need to get a good telecomms job with my hnd?

You now want to use the HND certificate? thats good. Do CCNA then CCNP.

(1) (Reply)

Career : Newspaper Editor, Ilorin, Kwara State, North Central Nigeria / Help Me Pls - Salary Survey Nigeria / Please Advise Me Ican/acca And Oracle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.