Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,465 members, 7,843,431 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders (32816 Views)

Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food / Niger Bans Cooking Gas Exports To Nigeria, Stop Gas Pipeline Project / ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by grandstar(m): 11:19pm On Oct 14, 2019
AZeD1:

When someone brings Trump into an economic argument, you know they are clueless.
1) Trump doesn't even make the "Maga" hats in America
2) Have you asked why Ivanka's products are exempted from tariff?
3) How come Buhari goes to the UK for treatment? What happened to patronizing local hospitals?

When the word patriotism is used with economics, it is used to overcompensate for a very poor understanding of economics.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by edoairways: 12:17am On Oct 15, 2019
LastSurvivor11:
Your closing border yet your not producing anything or giving grants or subsidies to production companies..

Do you think buhari and hammed Ali eats local rice??
Why not start from banning medical tourism that Amina just came back from??

My people my people!!

Brace up for more hunger and food hike!!
Many Nigerians refuse to consume refined local rice rather they prefer foreign rice.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by Guestlander: 12:53am On Oct 15, 2019
Garri farmers!
Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by plaindealer: 1:10am On Oct 15, 2019
AZeD1:

Lol...
Trump is patriotic he makes his products in China.

Rice smuggling started because Buhari stopped them from bringing it through the ports.
It's that simple

Rice smuggling started before you were born.

These kids sef..

Abeg keep quiet.
Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by chinchum(m): 1:41am On Oct 15, 2019
VivyZub:

Wait did you intentionally crop out se or are they not affected in the FG ban? Or you're really just trying to be tribalistic
SE do not share land border with any country. does it?

1 Like

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by JunctionBox: 6:32am On Oct 15, 2019
Tomiwa69:

You are Mad OOOO

Why?
Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by VivyZub(f): 9:43am On Oct 15, 2019
chinchum:

Affordable children educational android tablets. Please go through my thread for pictures, functions and specifications and please check my signature for contact

1 Like

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by Successlane: 9:45am On Oct 15, 2019
lordkay10:

I kept wondering why as well, what's the rationale behind the sudden increase in price of local rice? Simply farmers taking advantage of the shock in the market to make more profits that inflicts misery on others. Nigerians are Nigeria's problems

Not exactly; with foreign rice not available, the demand for local rice has increased, the quantity available now is not sufficient to meet local demand,

and price will go up.

More people will now go into rice farming, by next harvest season, the quantity in market will increase, and price will naturally come down.
Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by Mcreloaded(m): 11:16am On Oct 15, 2019
chinchum:
Thanks. But there are some persons you just dont argue with, you tell them they are right.
Thats what i did
Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by izibili44: 2:03pm On Oct 15, 2019
AZeD1:

According to some people, you will not be patriotic if you complain.

@NGpatriot

What do you say to this poster?
What patriotic are you talking about.when i was in south Africa doing my Business with my family and the stupid south African close my store because it is a Nigerian store.I went to Nigeria embassy and i was told that they don't deal with small business owner.My business must be worth more that 500k us dollars before they can intervene.Am i not a Nigerian.Must i have big business before my embassy can help me in such matters.Thank God for my sa wife that decided that will should change the name of the store to hers.The store that provided for 4 other Nigerian.I left because of the killing and start something small again.Without begging or asking the same government that has been failing is citizen for so many years.Please my brother leave me alone.
Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by grandstar(m): 9:58am On Nov 12, 2019
LocalNietzsche:
China closed it's borders and Chairman Mao Slaughtered more than 30 million of his people. It was the latter members of the party that copied Singapore's model, opening up the country to investment that made it prosper. Same with India.

I have said it again and again Ignorance is wickedness. In the name of the Lord I shall not die in this misery you people are desperately yearning for. If closed borders make countries prosperous North Korea will be the number one economy in the World.

Or better still Myanmar

1 Like

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by urahara(m): 10:48am On Nov 12, 2019
grandstar:

Or better still Myanmar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obi Plans To Stage-manage Fake Assassination Attempt – Keyamo / Gov. Candidate Begs Girl Who Refused To Stop Fasting After His Election Loss.PIC / Angiama Community Residents Happy As Automobiles Arrive For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.