Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) (49485 Views)

Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy / Field Testing Of Nigerian Made Ezegwu Mine Resistant ÁMBUŚH PŔØŤ€ÇŤ€D Vehicle / EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by Islie: 6:43pm On Oct 14, 2019
by BY IBRAHIM ABDUL’AZIZ

The Nigeria Customs Service, NCS, has handed over the six mine-resistant and multi-purpose military vehicles intercepted en route Niger Republic to American government.

While performing the handing-over ceremony in Yola, the Adamawa State capital, the Customs Comptroller in charge of Adamawa and Taraba States, Kamardeen Olumoh, said the handing-over was a directive from the office of the National Security Adviser, NSA.

Mr Olumoh said: “I am directed from the National Security Adviser to comply, release and hand over the vehicles to the American government.”

DAILY NIGERIAN reports that the vehicles were received by Kathleen FitzGibbon, the Deputy Chief of Mission, Embassy of United States of America in Nigeria, alongside security Attaché of the American Embassy including Major Peter Shayborn of the US Air Force.

In her reaction, Mrs FitzGibbon thanked the Nigerian government for the understanding, adding that the vehicles were en route to The Niger Republic for a security mission.

“Nigeria and America have good relation and understanding and the vehicles were en route to the Niger Republic for security mission,” Mrs FitzGibbon said.

She, therefore, commended the Nigerian government for the well-keeping of the vehicles, saying that the American Air force Carrier would transport the vehicles to Niger Republic.

https://dailynigerian.com/nigerian-customs-hands-over-6-mine-resistant-military-vehicles-to-us-govt/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by NwaAmaikpe: 10:21pm On Oct 14, 2019
shocked

What the fvck?
This is just like a beggar returning a 100naira note to Dangote.
Was this not the same reason Solomon Dalung refused to return FIFA's money?

They should have seized it for their own battle in the NorthEast.
America would never do the same if the reverse were the case.A smuggled good is smuggled good plus the integrity of the Nigerian borders was undermined.

America would have lost no sleep replacing those military vehicles but apparently, our Government don't care so much about the war on terror.

219 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by lyriclekidd(m): 10:21pm On Oct 14, 2019
Ok
Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by deepwater(f): 10:21pm On Oct 14, 2019
America doesn't need it.
You my friend sctuall6need it more
More evidence that the military doest support the end of insurgency in Nigeria

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:21pm On Oct 14, 2019
The Nigeria Government definitely knew those MRAPS were on official trip to NIGER. But the current Government loves selling propaganda to its gullible fans grin

104 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by Harlem2(m): 10:21pm On Oct 14, 2019
Something Russia will seize
And keep quiet
grin

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by mrsfavour(f): 10:22pm On Oct 14, 2019
Oh
Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by Donkenny511(m): 10:22pm On Oct 14, 2019
Make dem no release am nw, make Trump descend on them.

This one everyone is fighting for Ftc
Abeg any prize dey?

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by tejiritex(m): 10:22pm On Oct 14, 2019
Nigeria own nko. Foolish country

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by Donbosco46: 10:22pm On Oct 14, 2019
I don’t understand please
Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by sunboy(m): 10:22pm On Oct 14, 2019
Handing over ceremony... funny! Mediocre!!!

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by hollowpot15684(m): 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
Lol
Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by Chukwurah003: 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
God bless President Buhari. PDP is a party of criminals.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by victorazyvictor(m): 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
grin
Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by emmanuel4758(m): 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
� lol
Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by GrandMufti: 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
Wrong caption angry
Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by Pennyways: 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
Ok
Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by arantess: 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
Shege
Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by foolbuster: 10:24pm On Oct 14, 2019
I thought they said border is closed. Africa my Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by megamank(m): 10:24pm On Oct 14, 2019
But we need this vehicles na...

All our money intercepted by them that was stolen out by politicians and top government officers how many have they handed over? Busybody Nigerian government...

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by Pennyways: 10:24pm On Oct 14, 2019
Chukwurah003:
God bless President Buhari. PDP is a party of criminals.
amadioha strike ur head

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by MorataFC: 10:25pm On Oct 14, 2019
Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by ednut1(m): 10:25pm On Oct 14, 2019
The usa profits from war

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by Wizmani: 10:26pm On Oct 14, 2019
Hmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 14, 2019
Egunmogaji2 why do I think they intercepted your surplus military vehicles? wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by four4: 10:27pm On Oct 14, 2019
Probably, this American govt may be one of those sponsoring this boko boys, how will you smuggled this kind of military trucks entered independent nation without informing the govt, without this total closure of the border they will have smuggled it without notice by anybody, NA only God known the number of arms and ammunition they had smuggled through our borders and since when this kind of thing had been going on

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by charlesELIKIBA: 10:29pm On Oct 14, 2019
ass lickers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by panpan(m): 10:30pm On Oct 14, 2019
Why do several federal government agencies like to serve United States interests? angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) by fineboynl(m): 10:30pm On Oct 14, 2019
.where was the vehicle coming from and from which border it enters Nigeria? a serious tough country would have seized it. but does this government have the balls?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Crush Those Involved In Oil Theft, President Tinubu Tells Security Agencies / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest / See The Latest Car Of Governor Fayose (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.