Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip (26027 Views)

A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return / A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) / A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by AutoJoshNG: 5:15pm On Oct 15, 2019
The UberBoat service was recently launched in Lagos state. It is a partnership between the Uber, Lagos State Waterways Authority and Texas Connection Ferries.

UberBOAT service will be available on weekdays only for the next 2 weeks (October 11th to 25th of October) on a limited route.

See the available routes HERE

UberBOAT service is in its pilot stage. Thus, it will be available on weekdays only for the next 2 weeks (October 11th to 25th of October) along the following routes:

How To Book For A UberBOAT Trip

Quick simple steps to book your boat ride:

Pre-booking:

1. Click on uber.com/bookuberboat   to reserve a seat on the boat, bookings need to be made 24hrs ahead

2. Ensure it is your Uber signup details that is used to complete the booking

3. You will get a confirmation email and Uber riders also get a 50% discount to take a ride to and from the jetty

On the day of the trip

1. Take an UberX to your pick up Jetty (LASWA Boat Jetty, Falomo Ikoyi or Ikorodu Ferry Terminal). Quick tip – Arrive at the jetty 30mins before cruise time to settle in for your trip!

2. Open your Uber App and select UberBOAT. Quick tip – Boat view will only be available at the Jetties

3. Input either of the pickup and drop off points (LASWA Boat Jetty, Falomo Ikoyi or Ikorodu Ferry Terminal)

4. A PIN will be generated which can be used to secure your spot on the boat

5. Uber support staffers will be at the Jetties to help with Boat booking

The cruise schedule below will help you plan your trips:

Bookings can only be completed with your Uber signup details, so you will need to download the Uber app to enjoy the service. UberBOAT is also in testing phase and will be available on weekdays only from October 11th to 25th.

Disclaimer

The boat schedule might be delayed or cancelled altogether in the event of severe/unfavorable weather conditions.

Credit: @UberNigeria

Source:

https://autojosh.com/lagos-uberboat-how-to-book-a-trip/

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by Jmk9292(m): 6:16pm On Oct 15, 2019
Nice one

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by Slawormir: 12:16pm On Oct 16, 2019
Okay

1 Like

Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by Yankiss(m): 12:16pm On Oct 16, 2019
Quite interesting. I applaud this innovation. It should go to full-scale implementation, coupled with intra-city railway and more flyovers. Lagos traffic is terrible. I almost missed my flight three weeks ago because of traffic along Ikeja axis.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by oluwasegun007(m): 12:17pm On Oct 16, 2019
Our ikorodu bredren,

This good news

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by EgobiambuEmmanuel(m): 12:17pm On Oct 16, 2019
Great

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by Ritelar: 12:17pm On Oct 16, 2019
No be small thing o
Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by one1prax(m): 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2019
okay, yes we don hear. kudos sha

get your website or blog for 12k, see my signature
Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by Asowebdesign: 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2019
500 per trip... Kind of cheap

I build websites and I'm based IN abuja, 0802 067 5190.
see signature.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by Itannooluwa(f): 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2019
wahala po leyin iku abiola

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by wink2015(m): 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
The UberBoat service was recently launched in Lagos state. It is a partnership between the Uber, Lagos State Waterways Authority and Texas Connection Ferries.

UberBOAT service will be available on weekdays only for the next 2 weeks (October 11th to 25th of October) on a limited route.

See the available routes HERE

UberBOAT service is in its pilot stage. Thus, it will be available on weekdays only for the next 2 weeks (October 11th to 25th of October) along the following routes:

How To Book For A UberBOAT Trip

Quick simple steps to book your boat ride:

Pre-booking:

1. Click on uber.com/bookuberboat   to reserve a seat on the boat, bookings need to be made 24hrs ahead

2. Ensure it is your Uber signup details that is used to complete the booking

3. You will get a confirmation email and Uber riders also get a 50% discount to take a ride to and from the jetty

On the day of the trip

1. Take an UberX to your pick up Jetty (LASWA Boat Jetty, Falomo Ikoyi or Ikorodu Ferry Terminal). Quick tip – Arrive at the jetty 30mins before cruise time to settle in for your trip!

2. Open your Uber App and select UberBOAT. Quick tip – Boat view will only be available at the Jetties

3. Input either of the pickup and drop off points (LASWA Boat Jetty, Falomo Ikoyi or Ikorodu Ferry Terminal)

4. A PIN will be generated which can be used to secure your spot on the boat

5. Uber support staffers will be at the Jetties to help with Boat booking

The cruise schedule below will help you plan your trips:

Bookings can only be completed with your Uber signup details, so you will need to download the Uber app to enjoy the service. UberBOAT is also in testing phase and will be available on weekdays only from October 11th to 25th.

Disclaimer

The boat schedule might be delayed or cancelled altogether in the event of severe/unfavorable weather conditions.

Credit: @UberNigeria

Source:

https://autojosh.com/lagos-uberboat-how-to-book-a-trip/

I hope governors in the Niger delta region is watching the bold steps that was taken by the Lagos state government in partnership with a foreign company in the USA.

It is a shame that rickety boats is being used to ferry commuters in most riverine communities in Delta state, Bayelsa state, Rivers state etc

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by FacelessKing: 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2019
If only the government could give good support to local businesses as they do with their foreign counterparts.

This is very good. The future is tech.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by sirusX(m): 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2019
Testing! Testing!!

A step in the right direction
I do hope fares are moderate enough to appeal to a larger populace

It would go a long way to curbing much traffic

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by MrCuteking(m): 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2019
Nice one Uber. 24hours notice? Hope we can cancel the trip if we don't feel like traveling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by Kellie069(m): 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2019
Won't enter o. Me n water no de agree. I rather stay for traffic

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by yemmight(m): 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2019
Unfortunately, the timing is not just right.
Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by Longcucumber(m): 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2019
Eko for show . very soon we go get Uber helicopter.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by integritylady(f): 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2019
this is creativity...
at least it is faster and safe compared to canoes and being held up in Lagos traffic jams ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by mcgaius: 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2019
Booking system and getting on board for a ride is not flexible enough.It involves too much protocols.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by A305: 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2019
I get sea sick if i use a boat, The only way i don't get sea sick is if I voyage on a Yatch. That kind of Abramovic Yatch grin grin see my sig

1 Like

Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by RichDad1(m): 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2019
The process seems complicated though.
Must a passenger board an UberX to the jetty?

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by wonuks(m): 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2019
Okay
Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by piagetskinner(m): 12:24pm On Oct 16, 2019
Nice one.... hope say the boat get AC lol
Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by AmazingELixir: 12:24pm On Oct 16, 2019
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Uber boats and uber transport company..
Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by RichDad1(m): 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2019
oluwasegun007:
Our ikorodu bredren,

This good news
Yeah good news. Not a new thing though.
Re: Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip by solmusdesigns: 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2019
forward thinking lagos

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tanker Fire In Port Harcourt Kills People, Destroys Properties (Graphic Photos) / Akwa Ibom Commences 8-Lane Construction Of Ring Road 2 (Photos) / Amaechi Inspects Abuja-Kaduna Rail (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.