Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) (48880 Views)

President Buhari Canvasses Suspension Of Blanket Visa Ban By UAE / President Buhari Returns To Abuja From UAE (Photos) / New Modular 5,000bpd Refinery, 300MW Plant To Boost Nigeria’s Energy Capacity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Mrcomedimatic: 7:23pm On Oct 15, 2019
The UAE has completed its 300MW power plant in Nigeria.

The project which was sponsored by a member of the Ahmed Almaktoum family was announced by UAE ambassador to Nigeria.

The million dollars plant will be expanded to 1000MW after the inauguration.

See more photos

Source: https://gidifeed.com/photos-of-the-newly-completed-300mw-power-plant-in-lagos-by-uae/

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Sukueponmalu: 7:26pm On Oct 15, 2019
Nice
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Aonkuuse(m): 7:26pm On Oct 15, 2019
You mean only 1m dollars, is it not the same project of it kind federal government has been spending not less than 200billion

182 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by seankafor(m): 7:37pm On Oct 15, 2019
Is this how we going to arrive at the projected 16k megawatts?
300, 100, 200 megawatts they keep churning out undecided

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Commentor: 7:41pm On Oct 15, 2019
Aonkuuse:
You mean only 1m dollars, is it not the same project of it kind federal government has been spending not less than 200billion

It isn't 1 million Dollars.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Commentor: 7:42pm On Oct 15, 2019
seankafor:

What is the wailing about?

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by FarahAideed: 7:43pm On Oct 15, 2019
This is what Buhari couldn't build a single one in 6 years ..Fact check : Buhari is the only Nigerian leader without a single power plant to his name despite being Head of state in the 80s and democratic president for 6 years .. If that's not failure I don't know what is !!!!!

136 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Daviddson(m): 7:44pm On Oct 15, 2019
Where are the power plants themselves? Is this not a generator house?

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by FarahAideed: 7:45pm On Oct 15, 2019
Aonkuuse:

I swear Nigerian govt will spend nothing less than 350 million dollars on this and still not complete it ..

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by helinues: 7:46pm On Oct 15, 2019
seankafor:

What exactly do you people want?

Tell us make we know.. Are you people allergic to good news?

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by whatisthetruth: 7:46pm On Oct 15, 2019
Wait, just one million dollars produced 300 Mw?

So 1 billion dollars should produce: 300mw x 1000 = 300,000mw.

What am I missing here?

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Kendumazy(m): 7:47pm On Oct 15, 2019
Awon blogger blogger! Factory building done turn to power plant.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by helinues: 7:48pm On Oct 15, 2019
FarahAideed:
This is what Buhari couldn't build a single one in 6 years ..Fact check : Buhari is the only Nigerian leader without a single power plant to his name despite being Head of state in the 80s and democratic president for 6 years .. If that's not failure I don't know what is !!!!!

How many did GEJ build?

Wailing is now Official profession. That one self good.. Awards awaiting

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by FarahAideed: 7:50pm On Oct 15, 2019
helinues:

How many did GEJ build?

Wailing is now Official profession. That one self good.. Awards awaiting

Gej initiated and built more power plants than all other presidents combined ..Please research

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by helinues: 7:59pm On Oct 15, 2019
FarahAideed:

Gej initiated and built more power plants than all other presidents combined ..Please research

Initiated but never implemented

Please research : Please that's lame..

For the facts that some of the contracts was awarded to you, you should have some of the their pictures close by

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by healthserve(m): 8:00pm On Oct 15, 2019
FarahAideed:

True. I have the published data on this

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by FarahAideed: 8:02pm On Oct 15, 2019
healthserve:

True. I have the published data on this

Cc Helinues

1 Like

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by healthserve(m): 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2019
M
helinues:

Initiated but never implemented

Please research : Please that's lame..

For the facts that some of the contracts was awarded to you, you should have some of the their pictures close by

I knew how important that information was. All was published by Vanguard. I bought the paper as a reference tool. Not to worry, if I make out time to search my library I'll scan and publish. Over ten pages of projects executed under GEJ

23 Likes

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by contigiency(m): 8:25pm On Oct 15, 2019
FarahAideed:

So power plant initiated is the yardstick e kwa? Please where are those power plants initiated and completed by other presidents?

If you check your records without bias, you will agree to the fact that buhari has caused more tangible development in this country than many others who have ruled this country. In case you don't know, buhari built all the four refineries that served Nigeria for decades, but other leaders could not maintain them. Today, look at how much being spent to import petroleum products because the refineries have been killed by those benefiting from subsidy scam.

I don't know when you graduated from school, but if it was up to 10 years ago, then I will tell you to think of PTF projects like lecture halls in different high institutions, luxurious buses, medical centers, hostels, PTF drugs, federal roads etc. All these he did as PTF chairman. Please if other leaders meant well, why did they not maintain those social amenities that served both the rich and the poor as put in place by this same buhari.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by achikolo(f): 8:36pm On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

What is the wailing about?
[/s]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by FarahAideed: 8:40pm On Oct 15, 2019
contigiency:

So power plant initiated is the yardstick e kwa? Please where are those power plants initiated and completed by other presidents?

If you check your records without bias, you will agree to the fact that buhari has caused more tangible development in this country than many others who have ruled this country. In case you don't know, buhari built all the four refineries that served Nigeria for decades, but other leaders could not maintain them. Today, look at how much being spent to import petroleum products because the refineries have been killed by those benefiting from subsidy scam.

I don't know when you graduated from school, but if it was up to 10 years ago, then I will tell you to think of PTF projects like lecture halls in different high institutions, luxurious buses, medical centers, hostels, PTF drugs, federal roads etc. All these he did as PTF chairman. Please if other leaders meant well, why did they not maintain those social amenities that served both the rich and the poor as put in place by this same buhari.

Buhari never built any of the four refineries ..that's another useless lies of a myth you Sadists love to spread ..To me any lover Buhari is a congenital sadist and never do well who wants the country in a bad state so everyone can suffer like them

London (NDR) – There is an adage that
says “a lie repeated several times seems to
be true.” This is exactly the case of Gen.
Muhammadu Buhari as regards to the
Nigerian refineries. Many Nigerians, maybe
out of ignorance believe the lie that Buhari
built our 4 refineries. This can be regarded
as the ‘lie of the century.’ If you are one of
those that believed this repeatedly told lies,
this special and well investigated report by
NewsDay Reporters will cure you of
ignorance.
For the records, Nigeria has four refineries
namely Port Harcourt, Alesa-Eleme (PH 1),
Warri, Kaduna and PH 11 refineries.
In 1960, Shell and the then British
Petroleum (BP) now African Petroleum
(AP) came together in a mutual joint
venture that gave birth to Nigerian
Petroleum Refining Company (NPRC). This
process led to the construction of the now
popular Alesa-Eleme (PH 1) in the outskirts
of Port Harcourt with a capacity of
38,000b/d. The construction started in 1963
and was completed in 1965 (in this period,
where was Buhari? he just joined the army
in 1962). As the demand for local
consumption increased rapidly, the
refinery’s capacity was raised to 60,000b/d
after the FG acquired 60% equity in 1970
and the remaining 40% in 1978 through the
1977 decree 77.
The administration of Gen. Olusegun
Obasanjo, in order to enhance the
performances of the oil sector, promulgated
Decree 77 of 1978 establishing the Nigerian
National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
The NNPC initially had five bodies, each
with a managing director. They were all
supervised by a group general manager.
The number of subsidiaries rose to nine
and later 11.
Following the indigenization policy of the
Federal Military Government under the
Obasanjo’s regime, the name NPRC was
changed to NNPC and its equity totally
bought over by the Federal Government in
1978. Therefore, the NPRC constructed the
first refinery in Nigeria generally known as
Port Harcourt 1 in 1965 while the NNPC
built the Port Harcourt 11, Warri and
Kaduna refineries.
However, the Warri Refinery was awarded
by Yakubu Gowon to Snamprogetti Spa
Milan, Italy in 1975 (in this period, Buhari
was the governor of North-eastern state) at
the cost of $478 million and commenced
operation in 1978 (now he was a
Petroleum. Minister). It had the design
capacity of 100,000 b/d.
The Kaduna Refinery was awarded by
Murtala Mohammed in 1976 and was built
by Chiyoda Engineering and Construction
Company - a Japanese firm, at the cost of
$525 million and was completed by
Obasanjo in 1979 (Buhari's tenure as the
Petroleum. Minister ended in 1978). It had
two refining streams (50,000 b/d fuels
units) and (50,000 b/d lubes, waxes
Asphalt plants).
Port Harcourt 11 was awarded by Gen IBB
in 1985 with an installed capacity of
150,000 b/d and completed in 1989.
Meanwhile in 1985, IBB undertook an
expansion of the capacities of the fuels
units in both Warri and Kaduna refineries to
125,000b/d and 110,000b/d respectively.
He therefore added 185,000b/d capacity to
the total 445,000b/d as at 1989. No further
addition has been added till date.
So, when did Buhari build the four
refineries?
Lets I forget, Buhari has no legacy as a
former Head of State despite ruling the
country with an iron-fist.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by surgical: 8:40pm On Oct 15, 2019
whatisthetruth:

What am I missing here?
$16b+

1 Like

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Commentor: 8:41pm On Oct 15, 2019
whatisthetruth:

What am I missing here?

Is it that you guys cannot read?

Where was it stated that it was constructed for 1 million dollars.

FarahAideed the pseudo-billionaire should tell us where he would buy that land alone for 350 million Naira.

9 Likes

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Afamed: 8:43pm On Oct 15, 2019
Aonkuuse:
Don't be mischievous, where did you see 1 million dollars in the thread? Typical lazy youth

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by healthserve(m): 8:44pm On Oct 15, 2019
contigiency:

If Buhari built the refinery which was almost around 196ish. Then what position did he serve to build it. Or what capacity did he occupy to build other refineries. Take it easy o

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Afamed: 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2019
FarahAideed:

Na so

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by FarahAideed: 8:46pm On Oct 15, 2019
Commentor:

Is it that you guys cannot read?

Where was it stated that it was constructed for 1 million dollars.

FarahAideed the pseudo-billionaire should tell us where he would buy that land alone for 350 million Naira.

Oga I I said 350 million dollars not naira ..read well before you quote ..Oga just about to eat dinner so come and join me and stop supporting suffer generator Buhari . Oya insult my old dinnerware

Lemme annoy that Afamed small this night so he can tell me to grow up grin cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by FarahAideed: 8:47pm On Oct 15, 2019
Afamed:

Na so

Cc Healthserve
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Commentor: 8:47pm On Oct 15, 2019
FarahAideed:

Oga I I said 350 million dollars not naira ..read well before you quote ..Oga just about to eat dinner so come and join me and stop supporting suffer generator Buhari . Oya insult my old dinnerware

Lemme annoy that Afamed small this night so he can tell me to grow up grin cheesy

You still persist with your cracked crockery?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by healthserve(m): 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2019
FarahAideed:

Good table. Bon appetite. I love what I see

4 Likes

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Afamed: 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2019
Commentor:

Kindly Ignore the underage lad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by FarahAideed: 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2019
Commentor:

So in this hard Buhari Nigeria you want me to buy new crockery just because you think mine's old ..you are not serious .When Buhari leave I will order new ones

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The States Where Pigeons Refused To Fly During Armed Forces Remembrance (Video) / Suleiman Aliyu Lere Is Dead (Pictures) / 2020 Twitter Post Of Lady Who Said Obi & Datti Should Be President Surfaces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.