Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles (13144 Views)

Niger Government Plans Partnership With China On Railway Network / Bandits That Attacked Bida Emirate Found, 8 Neutralized - Niger Government / Kagara School Abduction: FG, Niger Government In Talks With Kidnappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by Adverts247: 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2019
The Niger State government has mapped out an alternative route for heavy duty vehickes in the state.

This is coming following constant rain and incessant movement of heavy duty vehicles which has retrograded many sections of the Suleja-Minna road.

To arrest this situation, Niger State Government has since restricted the movement of heavy duty vehicles on the road from 9pm to 6am to provide timely succor for ordinary travelers who mostly travel during the day time.

In a statement signed by his aide on Public enlightenment, Abdubergy Ebbo, he noted that Governor Sani Bello couldn’t bear the sufferings of the people anymore and since instructed that funds were released for the repairs of the bad sections along the route.

“Even as we hope that the Federal Government will soon intervene and complete the Suleja-Minna road, the Niger State Governor, however, is still committed to the project of completion of the road.

“Governor Abu Sani Bello intends to see to it that the success recorded between Kwakuti and Lambata is similarly replicated between Kwakwuti and Chanchaga to ensure a smooth ride down to Minna.”

“He mapped out Bida-Agaie-Lambata as the designated route for movement of heavy duty vehicles passing through Niger state. “

It will be recalled that the Federal Government recently awarded the contract for the reconstruction of the road but work is yet to begin.

Watch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfqycQw-ryA

1 Like

Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by DonFreshmoney(m): 4:00pm On Oct 16, 2019
I passed this same road today to abuja. And i must say the road in a big eyesore. I heard from the citizens that Gov. SANI Bello gives almost 70% of Niger annual budget to his godfathers (his father, IBB and Abdulsalami who happens to be his inlaw)..

14 Likes

Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 17, 2019
OGIJO ROADS ARE BAD

1 Like

Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by peterd53(m): 12:31pm On Oct 17, 2019
Good one

1 Like

Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by Kendumazy(m): 12:31pm On Oct 17, 2019
Any type of vehicle should be able to ply a road if the construction of the road is good. When they were supposed to work on a quality road, they didn't. Now, they are spending excess for another road. Just my thinking.

1 Like

Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by Centcanada: 12:31pm On Oct 17, 2019
Nice one. I never knew some governor has this very beat ideas. I thought all of them re dull and wicked like Anambra state governor that could not being fire fighter in time of fire yesterday. Good omen

1 Like

Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by naijadrivablog: 12:32pm On Oct 17, 2019
That Lambata axis na wa sad
Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by EdenH: 12:32pm On Oct 17, 2019
I've been unbanned

2 Likes

Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by Princedapace(m): 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2019
See pictures of Nigeria in 21 century ����

1 Like

Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by leisuretym: 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
I passed this same road today to abuja. And i must say the road in a big eyesore. I heard from the citizens that Gov. SANI Bello gives almost 70% of Niger annual budget to his godfathers (his father, IBB and Abdulsalami who happens to be his inlaw)..

do you have any prove?

1 Like

Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by saymax(f): 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2019
It's about time. Haba! for how long do they want to put motorists at risk before doing the needful?
Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by Bbbwings: 12:35pm On Oct 17, 2019
N
Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by stabilizer: 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2019
Adverts247:
The Niger State government has mapped out an alternative route for heavy duty vehickes in the state.

This is coming following constant rain and incessant movement of heavy duty vehicles which has retrograded many sections of the Suleja-Minna road.

To arrest this situation, Niger State Government has since restricted the movement of heavy duty vehicles on the road from 9pm to 6am to provide timely succor for ordinary travelers who mostly travel during the day time.

In a statement signed by his aide on Public enlightenment, Abdubergy Ebbo, he noted that Governor Sani Bello couldn’t bear the sufferings of the people anymore and since instructed that funds were released for the repairs of the bad sections along the route.

“Even as we hope that the Federal Government will soon intervene and complete the Suleja-Minna road, the Niger State Governor, however, is still committed to the project of completion of the road.

“Governor Abu Sani Bello intends to see to it that the success recorded between Kwakuti and Lambata is similarly replicated between Kwakwuti and Chanchaga to ensure a smooth ride down to Minna.”

“He mapped out Bida-Agaie-Lambata as the designated route for movement of heavy duty vehicles passing through Niger state. “

It will be recalled that the Federal Government recently awarded the contract for the reconstruction of the road but work is yet to begin.

Watch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfqycQw-ryA

Nigeria is the most rugged country in the world you wont know unless you put yourself in the shoes of the poor masses or if you are struggling to survive on daily basis. Many already give up on govt, everyone is looking for a way to survive at their own expense. Tears everywhere, many are dying in general hospitals because of few thousands while the politicians swims in millions. The future of the masses is nothing but pencil in the hands of our politicians. May the tears of the homeless mothers, fathers and children of this nation be registered in heaven so God can intervene...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by VivyZub(f): 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2019
Affordable children educational android tablets. Please go through my thread for pictures, functions and specifications and please check my signature for contact
Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by PureGoldh(m): 12:42pm On Oct 17, 2019
Ok
Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by Hotzone(m): 12:42pm On Oct 17, 2019
Level of enforcement is bae and compliance is necessary for the poor masses who always ply roads....bad example is onitsha tanker fire
Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by ABCthings: 12:46pm On Oct 17, 2019
They repair that road every year and it still bad, the trailers there are legendary.
Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by solmusdesigns: 12:48pm On Oct 17, 2019
Nothing beats Inner city light rail and intra city standard guage rail

2 Likes

Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by Jabioro: 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2019
Where are the alternative route stated in his statement...na so dem go dey waka with generation lies..

1 Like

Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by eTECTIV: 12:58pm On Oct 17, 2019
Lolzzz... State wey no get 1 single working road dey talk of alternative routes

2 Likes

Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by alphaNomega: 1:06pm On Oct 17, 2019
Be calm people of Niger state, helicopters are too noisy and bombardiers are too expensive to maintain. Your rulers will fix the road in the next 20 years.
Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by gbishman: 1:11pm On Oct 17, 2019
Very smart
Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by Kojiek: 1:13pm On Oct 17, 2019
Good! This should be emulated by other state gov'ts.
Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by AbikeDabiri: 1:16pm On Oct 17, 2019
Lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by renewable1(m): 1:22pm On Oct 17, 2019
Ok

you need 8 hours electricity daily? Get our 1kva solar power system at promo price. Check my signature now
Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by GCFR696(m): 1:30pm On Oct 17, 2019
Centcanada:
Nice one. I never knew some governor has this very beat ideas. I thought all of them re dull and wicked like Anambra state governor that could not being fire fighter in time of fire yesterday. Good omen
This is a blatant lie. Heavy duty vehicles still ply the road without restriction and there's no form of work ongoing.
Your state governor might be better than this unproductive rubber stamp globetrotter we have and I don't even know your state governor.
The only governor who MIGHT be worse than this guy is the legendary Yahaya Bello of Kogi

3 Likes

Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by ikdaddy01(m): 1:39pm On Oct 17, 2019
Let me not comment
Re: Niger Government Maps Out Alternative Route For Heavy Duty Vehicles by Originalsly: 1:49pm On Oct 17, 2019
Adverts247:

Hmmmm.....so heavy duty vehicles must now use the roads during the day.... the same time most ordinary travelers do.... and this will ease the situation. Really?
And the alternative routes not stated.... how will the drivers know?... and were those roads constructed to withstand such vehicles?...if not.. those roads will soon be damaged beyond repair.

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Protests Non-release Of Kanu, Threatens Election Boycott / Betta Edu To Report At EFCC Office On Tuesday - ChannelsTV / Proposed West Africa Trade Centre To Be Sited At Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.