Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel (13341 Views)

Gerrard Building: North-West Govs Visit Scene, Sympathise With Victims’ Families / President Buhari Sympathises With Niger Republic Over Killing Of 137 People / Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by tundemania: 3:20am On Oct 17, 2019
The Anambra State Governor Willie Obiano has sympathised the family of a woman and her child who was burnt to death in a truck accident in Onitsha, the state capital.

Governor Obiano has directed owners of properties affected by the tragic accident, including shop owners, to report at the Conference Room of the Secretary to the State Government on Monday, October 21, 2019, see how the Anambra State Government can assist them.

The accident occurred on Wednesday when a tanker laden with premium motor spirit, popularly known as petrol, fell into a ditch and began to spill its contents. A ball of fire resulted from this incident and quickly spread.

Men of the Anambra State Fire Service arrived at the scene with their equipment but were unable to quench the inferno as the angry mob on the scene prevented other fire trucks, including one from neighbouring Asaba in Delta State, from getting to the scene.

In a statement by the Commissioner for Information & Public Enlightenment Don Adinuba, said that a panel will be set up immediately to determine the cause of the accident, why the firemen could not put out the fire and how the condition of the victims can be ameliorated.

The governor also prayed for the repose of the souls of the woman and child who died in the accident. The Anambra State Government will assist their families in their burials.

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/10/16/anambra-explosion-obiano-sympathises-with-victims-families-inaugurates-investigative-panel/amp/?fbclid=IwAR1UDG9c4eI5Qawb9D0YE1WYP8Z-Ith07XyP-QRe9VOiD77HOmW7WX-jTsU

1 Like

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by tundemania: 3:20am On Oct 17, 2019
cry

27-year-old boxer, Patrick Day dies of brain injury four days after he was brutally knocked out -

Read more here; https://maniagist.com/2019/10/17/27-year-old-boxer-patrick-day-dies-of-brain-injury-four-days-after-he-was-brutally-knocked-out/

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by Igbalaoluwa: 5:04am On Oct 17, 2019
Which kind of hypocrisy is this angry angry
He can 'sympathize'
But when it was time for action he did nothing
We Nigerians are too docile. Some of our leaders need to be beaten up lipsrsealed

17 Likes

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by TaiKuun(m): 5:40am On Oct 17, 2019
Dear Lord,we may not understand why you allowed it but please comfort those involved.
Please pray for those affected

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by olu77(m): 5:41am On Oct 17, 2019
What action is being taken or will be taking to prevent the next accident? It's not the first. It's more like a weekly event in the country.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by MERCHANDISER: 5:41am On Oct 17, 2019
I could remember, two
years ago, fire erupted at
amawbia, awka and got
fire service office burnt to
ashes.
Watch as over 30 residential buildings got gutted by fire in onitsha over 20 people lost their lives.

Willie Obiano has failed his people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27V8IzllMtI#menu

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by Noah13: 5:42am On Oct 17, 2019
No amount of sympathies will change the fact that this could have been avoided 100%. If this were to happen again, nothing would have changed. The value of lives and properties is at an all time low here.

In such a setting, things should have been put in place to manage situations like these. But as usual, there is only a reaction after the damage is done. cry

16 Likes

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by magicminister: 5:42am On Oct 17, 2019
They are now saying that angry mobs prevented the fire trucks from showing up but on Facebook live, no truck was there and people were fighting it with snatchers of pure water until the delta fire truck arrived.

I heard the screams of people begging for help and some screaming for their God. It was a solemn video to watch

29 Likes

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by eki2000(m): 5:43am On Oct 17, 2019
How can sane people prevent Fire service from quenching fire in the name of anger

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by PotatoSalad(m): 5:44am On Oct 17, 2019
Men of the Anambra State Fire Service arrived at the scene with their equipment but were unable to quench the inferno as the angry mob on the scene prevented other fire trucks, including one from neighbouring Asaba in Delta State, from getting to the scene.
After how many hours?

Admit you failed Onitsha people. No amount of sympathy will change that.
I saw the first fire, it could have been quenched.
Negligence.

Las las na money go settle all this.
Watch as the same citizens cursing the government will sing their praises in less than a month.
That's why these people unfit to lead keep treating us like shît
Rinse and Repeat

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by VirginSearcher(m): 5:44am On Oct 17, 2019
He is mad! after people don roast finish he is inaugurating his head.. what happened in Onitsha is an evidence of a failed system. how can fire burn for several hours no response from firefighters, just look at that poor baby with the mother.. The president, governors, senators, house of reps members are Nigerian problems they have all failed

25 Likes

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by boss1310(m): 5:44am On Oct 17, 2019
This is not the first time this is happening,in my area at upper new market road fire raged for four hours even with the calls we put through to anambra fire service it was the asaba fire service which we called within 30 minutes that arrived first before the Anambra fire service arriving when the fire has been quenched.that fire destroyed many houses,filling station and many businesses from DMGS round about down to my own street
I always see whether I will call it campaign or goodwill threads uploaded weekly by one particular guy here depicting the achievements of Obiano and I wonder if this is the same of governor of my state which am living in
we massively voted for this man when Obi appointed him but since the commencement of his second term the man has done mostly nothing as governor of anambra state owing to the fact he spent most of the state coffers campaigning for second term and doing the same for all APGA house assembly members.
forget what people post here come to anambra and see for yourself especially this rainy season.do you know how many people died yesterday and businesses that were lost forever only because we have incompetent leaders
am outraged not only because in this hardship that this evil befell my fellow humans but it affected me personally too,I dont have shop at Iweka road but a customer whose shop got burnt and he is owing me,I was there yesterday no single thing came out from his shop.all these idiots who come here praising politicians I still dont know what you gain by doing that

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by ursullalinda(f): 5:44am On Oct 17, 2019
Panel for what exactly? To raise the dead? Two hours fire and nothing was done about it. Obiano is a total failure. Amaechi is right afterall...this politicians need stoning to reset their brains

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by xaggar(m): 5:45am On Oct 17, 2019
Some people want Obiano to be a fireman.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by magicminister: 5:45am On Oct 17, 2019
eki2000:
How can sane people prevent Fire service from quenching fire in the name of anger

That is how Nigerian government operates. They lie and cook up tales!! The only firefighter that showed up was from the delta state government.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by cjudy(m): 5:45am On Oct 17, 2019
Government of sympathy.

Continue sympathizing with the people while they suffer and lost their lives.

God judgment will visit you people very soon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by Africonji: 5:46am On Oct 17, 2019
Smh. Willie Obiano has totally bastardize the sterling legacy of good governance that Okwute handed to him. He will not go Scott free for this betrayal of the people's trust, Mark my words.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by MERCHANDISER: 5:46am On Oct 17, 2019
The question is: why is Anambra state government so reckless
and irresponsible? According to first hand information I got
pertaining the incident, the fire raged for more than an hour and
there was no fire service anywhere to quench the inferno. Is it
too big for Anambra state to have its own Emergency
Management Agency? O ebu ebu eme? This is pure act of
recklessness and wickedness on the side of the government. If
you don't know, most foreign investors can only invest where
their resources will be highly protected. Imagine when fire is
raging a multi billion industry and there's no fire service to
quench the fire. Fire incidents and building collapse are highly
increasing in Anambra state and we need to set up an
emergency management agency to see to issues like that. You
shouldn't depend solely on NEMA and Federal Fire Service
Commission to do that. Those Federal Government Agencies
are underfunded.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by xaggar(m): 5:48am On Oct 17, 2019
magicminister:

I heard the screams of people begging for help and some screaming for their God. It was a solemn video to watch

I'm just visualizing the terror those that died went through! It's just touching and not one would wish any human

1 Like

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by Noah13: 5:49am On Oct 17, 2019
TaiKuun:
Dear Lord,we may not understand why you allowed it but please comfort those involved.
Please pray for those affected
The truth here is that the situation was very much manageable before it got to the point of escalation. So I don't think blaming our human incompetence on the Most High is needed here.
Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by sylve11: 5:50am On Oct 17, 2019
magicminister:

That is how Nigerian government operates. They lie and cook up tales!! The only firefighter that showed up was from the delta state government.

aww! sad cool
Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:51am On Oct 17, 2019
May God rest the souls of the departed and comfort the families they left behind.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by naijadrivablog: 5:52am On Oct 17, 2019
Tundebricklayer grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by OChimex: 6:03am On Oct 17, 2019
Igbalaoluwa:
Which kind of hypocrisy is this angry angry
He can 'sympathize'
But when it was time for action he did nothing
We Nigerians are too docile. Some of our leaders need to be beaten up lipsrsealed

This guy is a clown. A simpleton with IQ less than %10. His hairstyle, like the one we wore in the 90's, His facial looks, all and his bleaching all gave him away as a daft man without modern ideas to move a state forward.

Go to the state this man is almost putting streetlights in all the forests in Anambra state yet fail to build roads. No developmental project to move the state forward, drive investors and increase the standard of living.

Peter Obi knew this guy is dumb yet he chose to make him his successor just because of selfish interest.

The truth is that Nigeria is a failed state.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by DesChyko: 6:04am On Oct 17, 2019
Men of the Anambra State Fire Service arrived at the scene with their equipment but were unable to quench the inferno as the angry mob on the scene prevented other fire trucks, including one from neighbouring Asaba in Delta State, from getting to the scene

It appears a defence has already been dished out for public consumption lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by gloriaunobi(f): 6:10am On Oct 17, 2019
Very shameful government...look at propaganda

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by Kweenluchy: 6:13am On Oct 17, 2019
Thunder fire you

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by Kweenluchy: 6:15am On Oct 17, 2019
gloriaunobi:
Very shameful government...look at propaganda

Don't mind those idiot, the fire started by to 1 but they came around 5:00 . So why won't there be angry mob.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by JonOlive: 6:30am On Oct 17, 2019
I suspect this explosion is reprisal attack after some criminals from Anambra kidnapped some Hausa children. This i supect is terror
Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by Dinocarex(m): 6:31am On Oct 17, 2019
I will look at it from another angle. We Nigerians have this habit of saying 'E no go happen' instead of us fixing thigs in case of emergencies. How can Onitsha market not have at least 2 fire service stations? I mean, the market is the commercial hub of Eastern Nigeria if not the whole of the country.
We build houses without drainages and proper channelization of water, this we saw days ago at Lekki in Lagos State.

In Nigeria, we see basic safety tips/guides as tas luxury and unnecessary but when there is a repercussion for it. We start calling God's name.

To the Politicians, how long will the people die before basic social ammenties are fixed? The roads are bad, economy is dwindling. They are only after election time. When will people receive/enjoy the dividends of good governace in Nigeria.
I rest my case with the words of PLO Lumumba, corruptions in Africa has killed more people than wars.

RIP the dead ones.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by donjahsy(m): 6:37am On Oct 17, 2019
eki2000:
if you believed that trash then you might want to know you have a little problem

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel by Chuksyno(m): 6:38am On Oct 17, 2019
Onitsha is the main generator of Anambra revenue but highly neglected especially by this particular government. It is very shameful.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomhole Pays Thank You Visit To The Onojie Of Irrua (Photos) / Governor Sim Fubara Visits Bayelsa Governor, Diri / Bauchi Youths Stage A Rally In Support Of Buhari's Continuity (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.