Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend (14340 Views)

No Nigerian Senator, Minister Receives Over N1M As Monthly Salary – RMAFC / Kukah: N5,000 Payment To Poor Nigerians, A Big Scam / EXCLUSIVE: EFCC Traces Lawyer’s $30,000 Payment To Onnoghen’s Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by vibbb: 11:02am On Oct 17, 2019
Good concept.
Hope dia will be no ghost Arugbo at long run.
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by isahsalee: 11:07am On Oct 17, 2019
[quote author=Tulsaguy post=83215475]With Naija sentiment, it's a welcome development because at least e no chop all clean mouth. e share the crumbs. Without sentiment, it's a bad omen. Can govenrment sustain this, why don't you empower their children, so they can take care of their parents forever.[/quote

Always remember to use pills before you comment on a national or state issues.

Did you think about elders that we're blessed with children? or how about those have lost their children? ]
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by senatordave1(m): 11:14am On Oct 17, 2019
Munzy14:

U like to jump into comments and conclude.
have u been to ekiti state of recent?.

You stated in most developed countries, y didn't u include Nigeria?.. cheesy.. smh..Because u know.

This is for clout, He should do basics and make the basic provisions for the people.
This 20k is like the long forgotten trader moni, and other similar elephant projects embarked upon by some past and present governors.
Mind you this is not APC vs PDP fight.
It is about good governance to the people.
Am not coning from the partisan angle.not everything is for clout.we are used to bad governance that even if governors do well,we write them off.even if its clout,its a good initiative.this same nairaland that reported this news also reportes various basic amenities he's executing.
For nigeria to develop,we must start copying the developed nations.trader moni hasn't been forgotten,it served its own purpose to the beneficiaries.
Finally,the key thing is if he can sustain it till the end of his tenure and based on his antecedents,i believe he will.funny enough,most ekiti people might just prefer that payment to other things
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by Harrynight(m): 11:16am On Oct 17, 2019
cry

All the South Southern state should have been doing this long ago
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by lograr(m): 11:16am On Oct 17, 2019
papa :Cab man take me to the bank.
how much you go collect ?

cabman : 2500

papa : I get load for booth"

cabman : Which kind load

papa : Na Bank check. I for no take cab I nor go fit carry am dey waka.

Besides the amount on the check is too small for its size and for the cost of producing it.

E for just give them small check and add the excesses to their money jare..

Anyway the Governor do well for them
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by Harrynight(m): 11:17am On Oct 17, 2019
cry

All the South Southern state should have been doing this long ago
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by Asifiwe(m): 11:17am On Oct 17, 2019
Ekitigate, Liars. why did you dress them for the camera before giving them 20,000 and to show favoritism, Kayode was one of them, Probably a family member of Mr. Fayemi himself.
Everything Nigeria is a scam.
This will be the last time you will see the gesture, instead of building social amenities, they are dolling chicken change to mock the poor

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by Harrynight(m): 11:18am On Oct 17, 2019
cry

All the South South Oil Rich State should have been doing this long ago
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by AfroKnight: 11:18am On Oct 17, 2019
I expect some officials to steal part of the money.

Cursed thieves.
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by nwamabo247(m): 11:23am On Oct 17, 2019
nice move by the goverment...please forgive me if i can help myself i wont be begging for help.PLEASE nairalanders my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from ugwueme awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with with tetraplegic spinal cord injure.no source of income because my fingers are partialy afected i have been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and litle medications,buying of catheters and health care needs.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation center for the disables that can acept my kind condition. thanks and GOD BLESS. more details.see my signature below
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by 1stNumeroUno: 11:24am On Oct 17, 2019
With the comments here it's like my people don understand this 'scope' o.
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by demoBaba: 11:28am On Oct 17, 2019
Mr OSASONA is there ooo, my secondary skool teacher ANNUNCIATION SCHOOL IKERE EKITI.
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by TechX1: 11:29am On Oct 17, 2019
Nice 1
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by mercyville: 11:32am On Oct 17, 2019
Germandude30:
50 euro.he try sha
You would rather they are given nothing.
I bet they will not be able to buy much in Europe
where they live,abi? Some people sha grin
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by Advancedman(m): 11:37am On Oct 17, 2019
yeyeboi:
Forget all this starting without finishing , how long can he do this for ?

Nigerian Government Lack Maintainers And Continuity Of Good Works angry

Have you paid the old pensioners and the active worker?
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by EzekaUdenee: 11:42am On Oct 17, 2019
[s]
Commentor:
Vote buying.

According to PDP.

[/s]
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by Smooyis(m): 11:53am On Oct 17, 2019
It should have been better fixed at #10k per month. Nonetheless, once there is no political colouration or discrimination about the programme, I say kudos to the initiators and the state government. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by Gbtothetop: 11:58am On Oct 17, 2019
Nice
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by seniormallam(m): 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2019
mr governor most of them are pensioners , pay their pension arrears don't come and be giving them their pension and call It another name.
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by edoairways: 12:21pm On Oct 17, 2019
WonderManly:
Okay now. Good idea of starting well with no hope of ending well... APC strategies just because of up coming election in some state.
What meaningful strategy has PDP done in their various States?
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by shadybruzz: 1:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
The cost of that big Cheque will have been added to them,no need wasting huge print just to show Nigerians how good you are
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by tollyboy5(m): 1:13pm On Oct 17, 2019
seunmsg:

”In order to expand and make the scheme better than it was during the first term, we are now in partnership with the World Bank in carrying out this laudable programme. Though, our partnership with the World Bank on the social investment project dated back to our First Term in Office when we commenced the Youth Employment and Social Support Operation (YESSO). Through YESSO, a Single Register of Poor and Vulnerable Households was created from a survey of communities across the 16 LGAs using internationally accepted standards of poverty indices.”
misplaced priority!!! the poorest state in Southwest how does this increase the igr of the state undecided
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by timsucess(m): 1:21pm On Oct 17, 2019
Ravon:
Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi on Wednesday re-launched the social security Scheme for elderly citizens in the state with, a pledge to commit more resources to social investments and human capital development.

The program is called ‘Owo Arugbo’ (stipends for the elderly).

Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, his wife, Erelu Bisi Fayemi; with state officials pose with some beneficiaries of the State’s Social Security Scheme for elderly citizens (Owo Arugbo), during the relaunch of the scheme in Ado-Ekiti…on Wednesday

It will be recalled that Fayemi during his first term as governor of the state between 2010 and 2014 introduced the monthly payment stipends to elders in the state from sixty-five years and above but abandoned by the immediate past administration.

Fayemi launched the programme at the Ekiti parapo pavilion in Ado Ekiti. He said his administration is targeting 20,000 aged people to benefit from the programme.

The governor noted that 13,000 people have so far registered. Governor Fayemi who spoke in Yoruba thanked the world bank and others for their assistance.

Fayemi said by the end of his four years in office Ekiti state would have become a reference in Nigeria.

He maintained that the programme has no political colouration in the selection of beneficiaries, saying he promised during his inauguration last year to make life more meaningful to all and sundry.

The governor added that the World Bank would be supporting the scheme in order to expand and make it better for the beneficiaries.

He said,  “As we mark our first anniversary today, I am glad to announce the fulfilment of that promise. You will all recall that when we started the programme, it was the first of its kind in sub-Sahara Africa. It attracted criticisms and commendations alike."

”I am glad that many, including the Federal Government, have taken a cue from us in the realization that Social Security for the vulnerable segment of our population is the way to go. It is on that premise to cater for our people that made Social Investments to be one of our 5-Points Agenda.

”In order to expand and make the scheme better than it was during the first term, we are now in partnership with the World Bank in carrying out this laudable programme. Though, our partnership with the World Bank on the social investment project dated back to our First Term in Office when we commenced the Youth Employment and Social Support Operation (YESSO). Through YESSO, a Single Register of Poor and Vulnerable Households was created from a survey of communities across the 16 LGAs using internationally accepted standards of poverty indices.”

Fayemi disclosed that no fewer than 13,813 persons have been selected for the first phase with the payment of N20,000 each to the beneficiaries every three months through their bank accounts.

According to him, the government would follow up on the beneficiaries so as to ensure that the funds are adequately deployed to enhance productivity and have maximum impact.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/10/17/owo-arugbo-ekiti-begins-n20000-payment-to-the-elderly-as-monthly-stipend-for-social-security-scheme/
Nonsense
He cannot even pay corpers
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by expressglory: 1:35pm On Oct 17, 2019
Excellent development. JKF...showing them the right way to take care of the people. Please endeavor to monitor the process adequately so that all these corrupt elements will not crawl in to steal the money.KUDOS to you!!!
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by frog12: 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2019
too much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by seunmsg(m): 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2019
tollyboy5:

misplaced priority!!! the poorest state in Southwest how does this increase the igr of the state undecided

To you, it’s a misplaced priority. To the elderly beneficiaries, it’s a life saving program. This is a social intervention program and not a revenue generation policy.
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by Stillthebest: 1:49pm On Oct 17, 2019
kiss

Thought he spent most of life in the UK and the USA. Why giving them the checks like Ebuka giving BBnaija check to Mercy?

Nigeria politicians are alll useless. Lil thing they do become the rallying point for them and the whole lot of documentary and campaigns will be centred around it.

It is a very good policy but must it be a check awarding function like AlexReports'
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by Prophet777: 1:52pm On Oct 17, 2019
But I am surprise that those who actually met the criteria & registered for this programme some months ago were not aware of this payment.

Is it that their names has been removed from the list or what?

Why are they not aware of the payment because I known information spread quickly like a wield fire in a state like Ekiti.

Concerned authority should take note before we escalate this.

I am talking about 80 years plus grandmas' with an active phone numbers we knew about their registrations when it began some months ago.
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by awoluyi(m): 1:53pm On Oct 17, 2019
"Fayemi disclosed that no fewer than 13,813 persons have been selected for the first phase with the payment of N20,000 each to the beneficiaries every three months through their bank accounts.

The program is about N6,667 per month and not N20,000 per month as reported.
I pray the government will be able to sustain the scheme as the number of beneficiaries will soon increase.
This is additional N1.105 billion Naira overhead in a year to the state.
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by Tulsaguy: 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2019
A fool has come to town. Must the world know u just escape from yabaleft? [quote author=isahsalee post=83216303][/quote]
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by Lanre0: 3:11pm On Oct 17, 2019
As a Kwaran, I envy this particular approach which can be adopted by our present Governor in kwara state. Instead of Satanic Saraki to take this type of step, he was using our elderly women for devilish sacrifice. He even empowered armed robbers to carry out Offa robbery.
Re: Ekiti Begins N20,000 Payment To The Elderly As Monthly Stipend by franugo(m): 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2019
Ravon ur post says once every three months but ur subject says monthly.... Do d proper research pls instead of just copying n pasting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senators Move To Override Buhari On Electoral Bill / Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG / Ningi’s Suspension : South West Senators Ask Akpabio To Stay Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.