Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,158 members, 7,811,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem (14854 Views)

Obidients Sing National Anthem At Lagos Rally / Isa Misau: Nigerians Can't Afford To Risk Tinubu As President / Calabar Residents Sing National Anthem After COVID-19 Palliatives Warehouse Loot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by Bimpeusman: 6:51pm On Oct 17, 2019
Says, ‘Change begins with me’ not an APC Slogan

The Minister of Information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has lamented the growing lack of patriotism among Nigerians, saying many citizens today can neither sing the National Anthem nor recite the National Pledge.

This was as the government also clarified its decision to launch the “Change begins with me” campaign in September 2016, saying the move was not an attempt to ingrain the change mantra of the ruling All Progressives Congress APC in the minds of Nigerians, but that the programme was designed without any partisan consideration.

Lai Mohammed stated this Thursday in Abuja at the public presentation of the Mindshift Advocacy for Development Initiative – an organization advocating for value-reorientation and attitudinal change among Nigerians.

The minister who was represented by a Director in the ministry, Mr Samuel Soughul, also lamented that in spite of the best attempts of President Muhammadu Buharito reposition the country for greatness, few bad eggs in the society continue to constitute a clog in the wheel.

“I think we are making progress. I won’t say all, there are few bad eggs in our society that forming the clog in the wheel of our progress. Let’s start from basics. If you love your country, you must love anything that is associated with your country. You love your country and you love your countrymen, you love the paraphernalia of the state.

“The National Anthem, some of us cannot read, cannot recite, cannot write. Is it the currency of the country, Naira that we abuse? Is it the Constitution that we do not obey its provisions? We have a lot to say but the future is still bright.”

Mohammed continued: “In 1976, there was a desire by Prof. Felicia Adewole to come up with a contract for citizens to sign with their country, Nigeria and she made a draft which was proved right. That is what we have today as a National Pledge. By following that Pledge, we will not have turbulence around our homes, we will not need bullet-proof vehicles, we will be our brother’s keeper.

“Our tertiary institutions, the award certificates based on the fact that the graduands have been ‘found worthy in character and learning’. Now, President Muhammadu Buhari, having viewed this with concerns, on Thursday, September 8 2016, launched a value-reorientation campaign ‘Change begins with me’. This campaign is not a slogan and it should not be associated with party slogan as such. It is a patriotic slogan and campaign – a value-reorientation campaign. What it means is that the change we want should start with us instead of pointing accusing fingers,” Mohammed said.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/10/many-nigerians-cant-sing-national-anthem-recite-pledge-%25E2%2580%2595-lai-mohammed/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by Bimpeusman: 6:56pm On Oct 17, 2019
True Talk

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by SarkinYarki: 6:58pm On Oct 17, 2019
Can Buhari the Dullard sing it ..Me I will not sing the National anthem till Buhari leaves ..Can Herdsmen Buhari is budgeting 180 billion for sing the National anthem? Can they ? Mister liar don't provoke me this evening

182 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by Bimpeusman: 6:59pm On Oct 17, 2019
“The national anthem, some of us cannot read, cannot recite, cannot write. Is it the currency of the country, naira that we abuse? Is it the constitution that we do not obey its provisions? We have a lot to say but the future is still bright.”
\

grin grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by Oshin56(m): 7:04pm On Oct 17, 2019
A good leader will lead with good examples, how many of our leaders can sing both the first and second anthem.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2019
Nigeria anthem is not worth singing

The country has failed

No security of lives and property

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by GoodofNaija: 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2019
Is that why you lie

46 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by Blakjewelry(m): 7:23pm On Oct 17, 2019
he is actually talking about his fellow politicians

34 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by chriskosherbal(m): 7:29pm On Oct 17, 2019
Bimpeusman:
True Talk
so after singing it will it put food on the table for them or reduce the price of rice ..these are misplaced priorities at a time were the nation is facing hunger and starvation, all effort should be geared towards food sufficiency for the citizenry not issue of singing whatever ...nu be who don eat get power to sing .

52 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by Oluwasaeon(m): 7:33pm On Oct 17, 2019
Of all things, National Anthem is this man's problem

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by obidark: 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2019
i can not completly sing it too....

whats your problem....??

10 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by SarkinYarki: 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2019
Oluwasaeon:

They know they have failed

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by obidark: 7:38pm On Oct 17, 2019
Oluwasaeon:

don min am....of all things na National Anthem is his problem....

idiiota....

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by vikithor(m): 8:49pm On Oct 17, 2019
see a clownish grand pa
let it be expressly cleared to you malam brother liar mohd,millions are so disenchanted, loss interest, loss patriotism for this zoogeria.You know of bad eggs,who are the good eggs? whatever qualifies anyone in your list of good eggs,I and million others refuse to be qualified.
carry your country and share amongst ya selves

get a driving skill while you have the opportunity.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by helinues: 8:56pm On Oct 17, 2019
Is that's criteria to make money in life?

Which national anthem self?

40 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by Psalmy2cute(m): 9:07pm On Oct 17, 2019
Bimpeusman:
The minister of information, Lai Mohammed, on Thursday, October 17, said many Nigerians today can neither sing the national anthem nor recite the national pledge.

He said despite the federal government's effort to reposition the country for greatness, few bad eggs in the society continue to constitute a clog in the wheel of progress.

Mohammed said: “I think we are making progress. I won’t say all, there are few bad eggs in our society that forming the clog in the wheel of our progress. Let’s start from basics. If you love your country, you must love anything that is associated with your country. You love your country and you love your countrymen, you love the paraphernalia of the state. “The national anthem, some of us cannot read, cannot recite, cannot write. Is it the currency of the country, naira that we abuse? Is it the constitution that we do not obey its provisions? We have a lot to say but the future is still bright.”

According to the minister, by following the national pledge, Nigerians will not have turbulence around their homes, there will not be need for bullet-proof vehicles, Nigerians will be their brother’s keeper.

https://www.musikpluz.xyz/2019/10/many-nigerians-cant-sing-national-anthem-.html

Even me.. I cant sing it.. this country is just too much of a mess to give that respect

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by Racoon(m): 9:22pm On Oct 17, 2019
A Nigeria the govt this liar is serving have bastardized? Guess they know nothing in this country stirs patriotism or passion.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:31pm On Oct 17, 2019
including you!
Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by WonderManly(m): 9:44pm On Oct 17, 2019

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 17, 2019
I guess when you are hungry everyday, singing is the last thing on your mind.

I'm ready to bet that even the man talking and the president can't sing the first and second stanzas of the National Anthem.

10 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 17, 2019
Oluwasaeon:

Somebody that is mad. We are talking Hunger and Hardship, they are talking Anthem. They should shove their rubbish anthem in their bloody anus.

16 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by SouthSouth1914: 10:22pm On Oct 17, 2019
When Nigerians cant feed well, who cares about the useless quack anthem!

The person who composed that anthem is still being owed by the federal government! Let them pay him up first..

12 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by badmrkt(m): 10:22pm On Oct 17, 2019
Who that one help?? If na national cake una go share am amongst yourselves.... national anthem kill u diaaa
Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by eTECTIV: 10:23pm On Oct 17, 2019
Don't say most Nigerians, say most political appointees... Wetin concern d masses wey Nigeria no care about with national anthem wen those who are appointed and elected to serve can't recite it... And dey are even d ones benefiting from d country... How many of d ministers, directors and other political appointees can recite it?

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by obi4eze(m): 10:23pm On Oct 17, 2019
angry

How is that a problem?
Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by excel101(m): 10:23pm On Oct 17, 2019
Mr Lieing Mohammed, please recite the national anthem, because I no trust you.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 17, 2019
undecided
Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by BlackfireX: 10:24pm On Oct 17, 2019
Including YOU.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by ableguy(m): 10:25pm On Oct 17, 2019
As an expert on this type issues, I have only 2 things to say.
1: Things
2: Things
Thank you
grin

8 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:25pm On Oct 17, 2019
So, being unable to recite the national anthem is the cause of killing, raping, kidnapping, frauding and scamming happening in the country, abi?

baba, no let me vex this night. angry
Re: Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem by Sirsuky(m): 10:25pm On Oct 17, 2019
Can that put food on our table even our heros past have not been compensated for composing National anthem.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari: All LGs Once Controlled By Boko Haram Have Been Recovered / 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Will Take Charge, Labour Ministry Replies National Assembly / NIN Should Also Be Synchronised With Voter's Card VIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.