Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

The Dogma Of Trinity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Dogma Of Trinity (2024 Views)

Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. / The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? / Religion Is Waste Of Time And Energy. It's Dogma, Wake Up People. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dogma Of Trinity by cadanre(m): 11:33am On Nov 09, 2010
I have never met anyone who has understood the Trinity. Besides, all that a christian can offer is a false analogy. From this, all they show is the lack of understanding of what the Trinity is suppose to be. One may say with one's lips: 'I believe that God is one, and also three'--but no one can believe it, because the words have no sense.

Where did the Trinity come from? The Bible? NO! The word Trinity doesn't even appear in the Bible. The only other reference in the Bible to a Trinity can be found in the Epistle of I John 5:7, Biblical scholars of today, however, have admitted that the phrase ", there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one" is definitely a "pious fraud", and it is not found in any of today's versions of the Bible.

It can, therefore, be seen that the concept of a Trinity of divine beings was not an idea put forth by Jesus or any other prophet of God. This doctrine, now subscribed to by Christians all over the world, is entirely pagan and man-made in origin.

Christ, according to the faith, is the second person in the Trinity, the Father being the first and the Holy Ghost third. Each of these persons is God. Christ is his own father and his own son. The Holy Ghost is neither father nor son, but both. The son was begotten by the father, but existed before he was begotten--just the same before as after. Christ is just as old as his father, and the father is just as young as his son. The Holy Ghost proceeded from the Father and Son, but was equal to the Father and Son before he proceeded, that is to say, before he existed, but he is of the same age as the other two. So it is declared that the Father is God, and the Son and the Holy Ghost God, and these three Gods make one God. According to the celestial multiplication table, once one is three, and three time one is one, and according to heavenly subtraction if we take two from three, three are left. The addition is equally peculiar: if we add two to one we have but one. Each one equal to himself and to the other two. Nothing ever was, nothing ever can be more perfectly idiotic and absurd than the dogma of the Trinity
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by KunleOshob(m): 11:51am On Nov 09, 2010
Abeg, help me tell them O!
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by cadanre(m): 11:59am On Nov 09, 2010
Jesus taught the oneness of God (Mark 12:29-30, Matthew 22:37 and Luke 10:27), as conveyed in the first commandment (Exodus 20:3). Nowhere did he declare the Trinity but I wonder why Christians of today subscribed to it and hold it with their strongest grip.
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by xoxogg(f): 12:00pm On Nov 09, 2010
cadanre:

Christ, according to the faith, is the second person in the Trinity, the Father being the first and the Holy Ghost third. Each of these persons is God. Christ is his own father and his own son. The Holy Ghost is neither father nor son, but both. The son was begotten by the father, but existed before he was begotten--just the same before as after. Christ is just as old as his father, and the father is just as young as his son. The Holy Ghost proceeded from the Father and Son, but was equal to the Father and Son before he proceeded, that is to say, before he existed, but he is of the same age as the other two. So it is declared that the Father is God, and the Son and the Holy Ghost God, and these three Gods make one God. According to the celestial multiplication table, once one is three, and three time one is one, and according to heavenly subtraction if we take two from three, three are left. The addition is equally peculiar: if we add two to one we have but one. Each one equal to himself and to the other two. Nothing ever was, nothing ever can be more perfectly idiotic and absurd than the dogma of the Trinity

shocked shocked shocked  Help!!!! Dont understand @ all.

ppl of understanding[b] Oya, Ready, Steady         , Go------------>[/b]
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by cadanre(m): 12:04pm On Nov 09, 2010
In the Gospel of John, Jesus says:

"I can of mine own self do nothing; as I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." [John 5:30]
Again, Jesus says that his power is not from him and in fact his self is powerless. What's more is that Jesus continuously mentions and emphasizes that it is the Father who has sent him. What is the purpose of mentioning such a thing over and over again? Is it for anything other than to show that the Father possesses the Ultimate Authority and were it not for Him, Jesus would not have been sent on this mission in the first place? In John 5:26, Jesus says, "For as the Father has life in himself; so hath He given to the son to have life in himself". My dear readers, can it become any more clearer? These are not my words but the words of Jesus, who testifies that it is the Father who has GIVEN him life.
So what else does Jesus say in regards to his position in relation to his Father? In the Gospel of Matthew it is stated,

And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, "O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." [Matthew 26:39]
This verse shows Jesus praying to his Father. The question is who is Jesus praying to if he is God? If he has the ultimate authority, then why does he look to someone other than himself? Do Gods pray? Can a God be in need? Again it is made decisively clear that Jesus differentiates between himself and his Father, and humbly presents his request to his Master, his God.

Doesn't this make Jesus a creature of God?

WITH ALL HOPE THAT AT THE END WE WILL UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER.
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by cadanre(m): 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2010
@ xoxo

What is it?
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by MyJoe: 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2010
cadanre:

Where did the Trinity come from?
It was invented at a council meeting.
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by JeSoul(f): 3:16pm On Nov 09, 2010
cadanre,
there are tens and tens of topics on the issue of the Trinity already in this section. Next time please use the search function before opening a new thread.

http://www.google.com.ng/cse?cx=partner-pub-6465801557104924%3Abko28ysgdng&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=trinity&siteurl=www.nairaland.com%2Fnigeria%2Fboard-17.0.html
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by hakunajay(m): 3:19pm On Nov 09, 2010
i'm expectin pro-trinity people to come out n defend their stand
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by JeSoul(f): 3:21pm On Nov 09, 2010
^and they have done so times without number in the few years that I've been around. Search or click on the link above if you're really interested in seeing pro-trinity responses. No need to resuscitate and begin flogging a dead and decomposed horse.
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by Tonyet1(m): 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2010
^^^Ish-baby, me is been looking for you like a PhD? grin grin

@Poster,

lately I have come to understand thru' personal conviction that christianity appears more of a two-faced coin than a faith with one concept. Two folks may stand on the same platform, both starring at the same location, yet seeing different things.

The major cause for the world's religious troubles today are nothing but personal and different interpretations to a singular thought-system. To one, God could just be a spirit (invisible) that has never been seen and this folk will still find relevant scriptures to back, while to the other He (God) is just as physical as Man, this with relevant scriptures to validate their claims.

This said. . .one could come up here and read your claims against trinology and find reasons to believe you, yet another may choose to vary. How?. . .lets see scriptures. . .

Trinitarians:

- In the beginning was the Word. . .and the word was GOD (take note of the word GOD)
- This word became flesh and dwelt among man
- And the flesh came to his own people, and they recognise HIM not
- Jesus christ. . .who in very nature was GOD himself did not equal himself as GOD,
- Jesus(a God) in Phil 2:6, chose to take up the nature of a slave and put up the flesh of a human. . . and died on the cross

I can continue with validatory claims to the above, safe for time.

To an anti-trinity scholar, the scriptures you used and more can be used to counter a trinitarian's claim. so you see! the cycle continues infinito. . .to me one thing is more pertinent, and that is to Love God and his creations. whether this God is 1 in 3 places or 3 as 1. . .it makes no much of a sense. . .similar to what bible would cry as ELEMENTARY TEACHINGS OF GOD. . .they rarely edify. Cheers! smiley
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by JeSoul(f): 6:26pm On Nov 09, 2010
Tonye-t:

^^^Ish-baby, me is been looking for you like a PhD? grin grin
I am here Mr T. smiley wetin dey happen? 

Tonye-t:

Two folks may stand on the same platform, both starring at the same location, yet seeing different things.
I remember trying to make this point once, nobody wanted to hia me lol. And indeed it was in attempting to make this brilliant point you make below:
Tonye-t:

The major cause for the world's religious troubles today are nothing but personal and different interpretations to a singular thought-system. To one, God could just be a spirit (invisible) that has never been seen and this folk will still find relevant scriptures to back, while to the other He (God) is just as physical as Man, this with relevant scriptures to validate their claims.
I could not agree more with you here.

And further compounding the problem is this - both sides could be completely right or both could be completely wrong, or both could be right/wrong to varying degrees not realizing they need to feed off each other - all the while having convinced themselves they are in full possession of the truth.
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by UyiIredia(m): 7:25pm On Nov 09, 2010
@ Jesoul >>> in reference to your former post, you must realize that when one comes to a forum such as this >>> it is to trash out 'dead and decomposed' issues viva voce >>> not by glossing over past discussions. if I need to gloss over past treatises on an issue, why would I come to this forum? It would be absolutely redundant to do so.

@ post >>> I believe in the doctrine of the Trinity. well aware of arguments against it. Why ? b'cos I first came to know Christ & Christianity through Jehovah's Witnesses >>> growing up >>> and reading multiple literature on the topic. I decided that the Trinity doctrine was the more viable option to believe in

>>> BTW I still read their literature >>> b'cos of their beauty and coherency, I also respect JW b'cos of their influence on me at a young age >>> I just don't buy some of their doctrines *my word !!! have I come across many, 'Grailism' in particular was, should I say astounding (?)*
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by JeSoul(f): 7:46pm On Nov 09, 2010
Uyi you are right as in whatever is to be discussed, has already been.

However if you have been in this section for at least 4months, you would know that the topic of the Trinity has been so discussed probably second only to Tithes. If the poster is truly interested in learning, the thousands of threads will more than suffice. However, if na to argue then I wish him goodluck Jonathan.
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by UyiIredia(m): 8:01pm On Nov 09, 2010
sha give the guy more links >>> na the same beef I carry with Deep sight (im no give me link) >>> BTW, since you are a mod u could outlet this info to the relevant person >>> please ! use google and not yahoo as the search engine. I even find it better to search for topics, on Nairaland, using google, and not Nairaland's search option >>> not good sad
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by cadanre(m): 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2010
@ jesoul

If you are not interested in discussing on this thread, you can go your way

@uyiiredia

Same to you at one hand, and on the other hand, how can you defend it? I know it is nowhere to be found in the Bible. Does that mean that you are serving God blindly or in your own way? I realized that there are many three in one god (s) Christians here.
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by cadanre(m): 8:24pm On Nov 09, 2010
Anyway. I only said what I have to say about trinity and brought forward my reasons and my views. I did not mean to fight anyone here. If you like, be pro or anti trinity, and continue to believe in it if you like. That will NEVER be my problem. I rest my case here.

But remember, this case may be awaken if anybody try to talk rubbish to me. cool cool
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by UyiIredia(m): 8:41pm On Nov 09, 2010
@ cadanre >>> I serve God in my own way >>> the best way I can
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by vescucci(m): 9:11am On Nov 10, 2010
Trinity. Trinity. Trinity.

Religion. Religion. Religion.

A leap of reason is usually harder to take than a leap of faith
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by Kay17: 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2010
It was invented at a council meeting.
@MyJoe, it was not even concluded and clear. They could not belittle Jesus as a mere creation of God, some special status had to be given to him. At least Jesus was seen as a separate entity!

That useless bible supports all the sides in the trinity argument.
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by MyJoe: 2:14pm On Nov 10, 2010
Kay 17:

That [ ] bible supports all the sides in the trinity argument.
A valid thesis.
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by Image123(m): 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2010
cadanre:

@ jesoul

If you are not interested in discussing on this thread, you can go your way

This guy no get renspet sha, don't you know JeSoul is the moderator? Your account life is in her hands. Forgive him, he didn't know at all. I think some peeps need induction and orientation like nysc's before they start posting.lol
@OP
It is called the DOCTRINE of the Trinity, not the dogma of the trinity, and don't dare to be dogmatic about it.
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by cadanre(m): 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2010
@ image123

That is the problem with Nigeria/Nigerians. Does it require any preferential/special treatment between the members and the moderators just because the account life is in their (moderators) hands? Oh! I should ask for forgiveness.
Forgive me MISS/MRS jesould not to block my account.
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by cadanre(m): 2:23pm On Nov 11, 2010
@ uyiiredia

That is you who serve God. There are those who worship idols and they are serving them in their own way. Nobody is forcing you to worship God in his/her own way. In fact, worship whatever you like, how you like and when you like. It is none of my business and never will it be.
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by cadanre(m): 2:29pm On Nov 11, 2010
Sai anjimanku! grin
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by JeSoul(f): 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2010
Image, my senior brother smiley, the only thing wey dey my hand na my hot cup of lipton tea smiley. Hows everything with you dear?

Cadanre, no preferential treatment required . . . under forum rules I was supposed to lock your thread because it is a repeat topic but I left it because you're new. And just like I suspected, you will not get many replies because this topic has been discussed recently to death. But carry on anyways, happy posting.
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by cadanre(m): 3:56pm On Dec 04, 2010
@ je soul

Thanks. grin
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by 667: 4:05pm On Dec 04, 2010
@JeSoul (f)

You are wise as you are kind.

@Topic

Those who worship a trinity god worships my and my brothers unknown to them. Expose us again, and i will fry you in hell.
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by Ymodulus: 5:45pm On Dec 04, 2010
^^^ please spare us that your errorneous teaching of Hell as a place of torment. Because hell is just the common mankind grave and not a place of torment.
2. There is nothing wrong in the poster claims, the bible does not support trinity. Its just a dogmatic teaching by today christendom
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by Ymodulus: 5:45pm On Dec 04, 2010
^^^ please spare us that your errorneous teaching of Hell as a place of torment. Because hell is just the common mankind grave and not a place of torment.
2. There is nothing wrong in the poster claims, the bible does not support trinity. Its just a dogmatic teaching by today christendom
Re: The Dogma Of Trinity by 667: 5:56pm On Dec 04, 2010
1) There is hell and there is lake of fire. You will notice in the book of revelation that God retrieved people from hell and sent them to us in the lake of fire.

2) Bible never supported trinity. We invented it during the Roman Empire and majority of our dogma was forced by Constantine the Emperor and many Christians who would not follow our teaching was killed in millions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funny Names Of Churches In Warri / Secret Of Vatican Briefing On The Creation Of Prophet Mohamed / Prophecies From Rev. Gabriel Israel,President Of Newlife Word Church, For 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.