Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit (4980 Views)

President Buhari Receives Lauretta Onochie New NDDC Chairman In Aso Rock / Northern Groups Want Abba Kyari’s Suspension Reviewed / Akpabio Inspects New NDDC Headquarters Complex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by aminulive: 3:42pm On Oct 18, 2019
Positive reactions from segments of the society have continued to trail President Muhammadu Buhari’s pronouncement on Thursday for a forensic audit to be undertaken on the operations of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).

While receiving governors of the states that make up the Commission in Aso Rock, President Buhari said what is presently on the ground in the Niger Delta region does not justify the huge resources that have been made available to the organization.

Mr Femi Adesina, Presidential Spokesman, quoted President Buhari in a statement released from his Office as expressing disappointment with the current state of operations at the NDDC vis-à-vis the volume of funds that have been pumped into the interventionist agency. “I try to follow the Act setting up these institutions especially the NDDC. With the amount of money that the Federal Government has religiously allocated to the NDDC, we will like to see the results on the ground; those that are responsible for that have to explain certain issues. The projects said to have been done must be verifiable. You just cannot say you spent so much billions and when the place is visited, one cannot see the structures that have been done. The consultants must also prove that they are competent,” the President said.

It would be recalled that the Presidency had been angered with reports of messy water hyacinth amounting to about N1.9bn purportedly approved and paid to phoney companies by the current interim Management team. The controversial payments which were in clear breach of Presidential directive and violation of extant procurement rules were said to have alarmed top Presidency Officials.

In their swift reaction, experts and stakeholders in the Niger Delta have expressed support for the presidential directive on forensic audit. They however urged President Buhari to quickly put the new Board that he appointed in August in place since they have never been part of the NDDC in the past, to help supervise the audit.

Dr Jeffrey Emerson, a Development Economist in Port Harcourt, who has written extensively on the Niger Delta, while lauding Buhari’s bold move stated that “It’s a very laudable and encouraging move. Stakeholders like us are elated but in carrying out the audit, it has to be supervised by a new Board, the New Board that has never been part of the rot in the past. You don’t expect the acting Managing Director or bureaucrats who have been part of the rot in the past to supervise that audit…The auditing team should work independently with a team and that team, in my view should be the newly named Board. That is the standard practice globally.”

In their own reaction, the President of Ijaw Diaspora Coalition, Elder Johnson Ebibai stated that it was widely reported in the national media that the Commission under the current interim management had secretly interviewed and was set to recruit over 300 new staff members without a Board approval for such massive recruitment, and it took the intervention and outcry of well-meaning stakeholders in the Niger Delta Region to halt the exercise. In his view, this therefore is not the leadership that should be entrusted with this level of activity to unravel what has happened in the past which involves them.

https://politicsnigeria.com/experts-and-groups-want-new-nddc-board-to-supervise-audit/

Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by marvin905(m): 4:56pm On Oct 18, 2019
the biggest scam in niger delta is NDDC..
their incomplete projects surpasses their completed projects..
for the past 4 year's NDDC haven't done any meaningful project in the south..
just drinking billions with nothing to show like their counterpart nnpc

3 Likes

Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by channelads: 4:56pm On Oct 18, 2019
Well, not bad at all.

If you don't mind, check my siggy for social media Promotions
Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by u11ae1013: 4:56pm On Oct 18, 2019
Since I have unreasonable thing to say, let me not say it here
Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by nauto5: 4:57pm On Oct 18, 2019
Nice
Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by DrNueLpureHoney: 4:57pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ok
Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by ednut1(m): 4:57pm On Oct 18, 2019
Can of worms loading
Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by PureGoldh(m): 4:57pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ok
Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by philip0906(m): 4:58pm On Oct 18, 2019
Sad part of this whole thing is that, the impoverished people who are affected, will scream witch hunt soon all in the name of "na our oyel"

The amount of money that has been pumped into NDDC, should ideally turn that region into Dubai...Some of us witnessed the deep seated corruption going on in that commission...It's mind boggling.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by SocialJustice: 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2019
I love Buhari for this. In my life I've never seen development like it is happening now in the town I live in. Roads being rushed everywhere, construction has been on all through the rainy season from last dry season.

3 Likes

Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by Next7829: 5:01pm On Oct 18, 2019
Cool
Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by Madibah(m): 5:02pm On Oct 18, 2019
Buhari pon da beat... grin
Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by ayanbaba2(m): 5:06pm On Oct 18, 2019
syde56:
idiot

Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 18, 2019
Better they scrap this NDDC thing cos have not seen the benefit for once. #ScrapNDDC, cos na scam...
Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by wonuks(m): 5:09pm On Oct 18, 2019
cool
Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by kingsmecca(m): 5:14pm On Oct 18, 2019
I'm really happy for this news for audit to be carried out from 2001 to date, all NDDC projects in my community Assa, Ohaji in Imo State are all abandoned, a major oil and gas bearing community.

Thank you Mr. President for this one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 18, 2019
NDDC just proves that the Niger Delta doesnt want development.

There is not one legacy project in the angry region to show for its establishment.

3 Likes

Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by madenigga(m): 5:21pm On Oct 18, 2019
We need to Give Buhari life Presidency he has so much Merited it.

I am afraid that after his tenure expires one corrupt person might come into power and destroy all he struggled to build.

Whomsoever Buhari appoints as his successor even if the Person is from Niger I would vote for him

2 Likes

Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by introvertme: 5:24pm On Oct 18, 2019
Clamp down on the non approved thieves.
Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by sammyj: 5:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
grin grin grin This comical and the joke of the century. If I may ask, how can a judge of a court judge him or herself grin grin

1 Like

Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by mamaafrik(m): 5:55pm On Oct 18, 2019
See,na our oyel money,na our oyel money,they give una now ,simple road,university,no light ,poverty fight program,youth empowerment,we can't see.
If secession happen self shey this kin people no go kee themselves finish.
The mentality of a regions will be reflected in the dividend of services their Governors rolls out and i am disappointed in south South and North East.

2 Likes

Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by webngnews: 6:29pm On Oct 18, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by pawesome(m): 6:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
The kind of corruption going on in that board,its mind blowing.... lets see how this goes....

cz d kind f money been set aside for NDDC alone is suppose to turn that place to a paradise
Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by JeffreyJames(m): 8:20pm On Oct 18, 2019
marvin905:
the biggest scam in niger delta is NDDC..
their incomplete projects surpasses their completed projects..
for the past 4 year's NDDC haven't done any meaningful project in the south..
just drinking billions with nothing to show like their counterpart nnpc

I do not blame NDDC to be honest, Na the communities I blame. I have witnessed first hand what a community can do to a contractor for money. Many Communities in the Niger Delta will rather you give them the money than for you to complete a project.

ND people are not ready for progress.

1 Like

Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by airsaylongcon: 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2019
JeffreyJames:

I do not blame NDDC to be honest, Na the communities I blame. I have witnessed first hand what a community can do to a contractor for money. Many Communities in the Niger Delta will rather you give them the money than for you to complete a project.

ND people are not ready for progress.

You said it all. Most of our ND communities just want to collect "wetin dey for us?"....bunch of idiots
Re: Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit by viviangist: 12:15am On Oct 19, 2019
aminulive:
Positive reactions from segments of the society have continued to trail President Muhammadu Buhari’s pronouncement on Thursday for a forensic audit to be undertaken on the operations of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).

While receiving governors of the states that make up the Commission in Aso Rock, President Buhari said what is presently on the ground in the Niger Delta region does not justify the huge resources that have been made available to the organization.

Mr Femi Adesina, Presidential Spokesman, quoted President Buhari in a statement released from his Office as expressing disappointment with the current state of operations at the NDDC vis-à-vis the volume of funds that have been pumped into the interventionist agency. “I try to follow the Act setting up these institutions especially the NDDC. With the amount of money that the Federal Government has religiously allocated to the NDDC, we will like to see the results on the ground; those that are responsible for that have to explain certain issues. The projects said to have been done must be verifiable. You just cannot say you spent so much billions and when the place is visited, one cannot see the structures that have been done. The consultants must also prove that they are competent,” the President said.

It would be recalled that the Presidency had been angered with reports of messy water hyacinth amounting to about N1.9bn purportedly approved and paid to phoney companies by the current interim Management team. The controversial payments which were in clear breach of Presidential directive and violation of extant procurement rules were said to have alarmed top Presidency Officials.

In their swift reaction, experts and stakeholders in the Niger Delta have expressed support for the presidential directive on forensic audit. They however urged President Buhari to quickly put the new Board that he appointed in August in place since they have never been part of the NDDC in the past, to help supervise the audit.

Dr Jeffrey Emerson, a Development Economist in Port Harcourt, who has written extensively on the Niger Delta, while lauding Buhari’s bold move stated that “It’s a very laudable and encouraging move. Stakeholders like us are elated but in carrying out the audit, it has to be supervised by a new Board, the New Board that has never been part of the rot in the past. You don’t expect the acting Managing Director or bureaucrats who have been part of the rot in the past to supervise that audit…The auditing team should work independently with a team and that team, in my view should be the newly named Board. That is the standard practice globally.”

In their own reaction, the President of Ijaw Diaspora Coalition, Elder Johnson Ebibai stated that it was widely reported in the national media that the Commission under the current interim management had secretly interviewed and was set to recruit over 300 new staff members without a Board approval for such massive recruitment, and it took the intervention and outcry of well-meaning stakeholders in the Niger Delta Region to halt the exercise. In his view, this therefore is not the leadership that should be entrusted with this level of activity to unravel what has happened in the past which involves them.

https://politicsnigeria.com/experts-and-groups-want-new-nddc-board-to-supervise-audit/

we need action biko

(1) (Reply)

Video:italy Reports Deadliest Day Of Coronavirus Pandemic / I Will Never Restructure Nigeria, You’re Naive, Ignorant Of War – Buhari / This Is The Only Man Minding His Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.