Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today (21057 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Celebrates His 85th Birthday With Novelty Match (Video, Photo) / Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today / Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 86th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by bolaino(m): 5:21am On Oct 19, 2019
Sir it is with great humility and Respect that I wish you a Happy Birthday, and I wish you Good Health Long Life and Prosperity. there can never be a Man Like you in this world sir. you are a A Legend and your name will never be forgotten forever. Thank You Sir.

General Yakubu "Jack" Dan-Yumma Gowon (born 19 October 1934) is the former head of state (Head of the Federal Military Government) of Nigeria from 1966 to 1975. He ruled during the deadly Nigerian Civil War, which caused the death of almost 3 million people, most which were civilians. He took power after one military coup d'état and was overthrown in another. During his rule, the Nigerian government was able to prevent the Biafran secession during the Civil War, (1967-70).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakubu_Gowon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSsUBCHdZwQ

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by delishpot: 5:28am On Oct 19, 2019
bolaino:
Sir it is with great humility and Respect that I wish you a Happy Birthday, and I wish you Good Health Long Life and Prosperity. there can never be a Man Like you in this world sir. you are a A Legend and your name will never be forgotten forever. Thank You Sir.

Good, very good.. So, what makes him the father of Nigeria?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by bolaino(m): 5:36am On Oct 19, 2019
delishpot:

Good, very good.. So, what makes him the father of Nigeria?
He is the Father of Nigeria Because he ended the Nigeria - Biafra War.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by orisa37: 5:45am On Oct 19, 2019
GO ON WITH ONE NIGERIA HAPPY BIRTHDAY RIGHTEOUS MAN THANK GOD YOU DIDN'T MAKE JOS PLATEAU THE CAPITAL OF NIGERIA.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by orisa37: 5:46am On Oct 19, 2019
GO ON WITH ONE NIGERIA HAPPY BIRTHDAY RIGHTEOUS MAN THANK GOD YOU DIDN'T MAKE JOS PLATEAU THE CAPITAL OF NIGERIA.

3 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by delishpot: 5:56am On Oct 19, 2019
bolaino:
Good, very good point. Thank you for answering the kwestion.

7 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by 2undeee(m): 6:17am On Oct 19, 2019
Hummmm

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by bolaino(m): 6:29am On Oct 19, 2019
2undeee:
Hummmm
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 19, 2019
Gowon the worst terrorist in history.

24 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by bolaino(m): 7:05am On Oct 19, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Gowon the worst terrorist in history.
Why do you say that my gentle Man?

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by kenny160: 7:06am On Oct 19, 2019
Happy birthday baba of NYSC

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 19, 2019
bolaino:
Why do you say that my gentle Man?
You don't need to ask, his records are there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by horsepower101: 7:21am On Oct 19, 2019
His Tivi people are enjoying the Nigeria he fought for with routine Fulani massacres and he never says a word about it.

But anytime IPOB gets hots, he comes out to make media statements about how the unity of Nigeria is not negotiable.

He cares more about what the Igbos choose to do with their destiny than the impending disaster the destiny of his own people is turning out to become. They may become extinct and their land lost forever.

He was used by the north and the British to do the dirty job of maintaining this quagmire called Nigeria.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by saraki2019(m): 8:41am On Oct 19, 2019
God bless the great general

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by eternityk: 8:41am On Oct 19, 2019
This guy no want die?
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by VivaDeAngelo(m): 8:42am On Oct 19, 2019
When is he going to make confession for the role he played over the lost of millions of lives during the Civil War. Time is gradually ebbing away for him and the day of reckoning beckons.

4 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by nototribalist: 8:42am On Oct 19, 2019
This one doesnt want to go answer his judgement day question how he murdered my people in cold blood. you think you can fool God

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by BafanaBafana: 8:42am On Oct 19, 2019
Jack was a fine soldier. if not for him, the first coup would have succeeded. He mobilized troops to squash the coup while Ironsi was busy in the office sipping tea and plotting on how to take power.
He however tasted power and like a true African, refused to handover to a civilian government.
happy birthday General

6 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Kendumazy(m): 8:43am On Oct 19, 2019
Happy birthday sir. Happy weekend to everyone!

I sell UK Men's shirts. Check my signature below for more details.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 19, 2019
Useless man. Typical example of the Nigerian elite. This fucker was engaged by Pfizer to quash the fallout of the drug trial where kids were maimed for life

the man actually said the life of a nigerian child is not the worth of the life of an oyibo child

a former president of nigeria

So sad that they were able to kill 234 next. Then again premium times is the Phoenix from 234next’s ashes

https://www.nairaland.com/582533/gowon-bayero-worked-pfizer-against

5 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Rubbiish(m): 8:43am On Oct 19, 2019
bolaino:
Gowon is not among d fathers of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by franchasng: 8:43am On Oct 19, 2019
His people from Jos to all Middle belt are paying hugely for his inhumane crimes against humanity which Dimka & Vasta tried to correct angry

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by BlackDonald: 8:43am On Oct 19, 2019
grin grin
bolaino:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakubu_Gowon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSsUBCHdZwQ

Happy Birthday Sir

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by EniHolar(f): 8:44am On Oct 19, 2019
Yea
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Davinity: 8:44am On Oct 19, 2019
Yeye elder statesman

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Lamanii22(f): 8:45am On Oct 19, 2019
Awwwwn their wedding photo is lovely... He's got a beautiful wife ...

3 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by fredoooooo: 8:47am On Oct 19, 2019
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR ....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Performs Groundbreaking Ceremony Of ‘The Lagos Arena' / Arms Deal: EFCC Traces Transfers To 11 Foreign Accounts In UK, US, Niger / Police Arrest Oyeyode Over Killing Of US-Based Professor, Richard Adeoriokin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.