Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? (5996 Views)

Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? / Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? / Tell Me Some Family Vactions Places? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by tolutara: 5:07pm On Nov 09, 2010
I say the below at the risk of being told the reason why I am voicing my opinions is because i can't afford it. Let put that aside for now.

I feel a lot of women should stop being so darn materialistic. Gosh!

Weave $450, Gucci bag $375 ,Prada shoes $485, Vera Wang shades $180 , Fendi wallet $120, House of Dereon Bangles $85, Movado Wristwatch $165, the list is endless, Amount of cash in the Fendi wallet $45, credit card debt over $5000. SMH. cry

I Can understand women wanting to look good, but at what expense?. Some women have no savings for a rainy day especially when they have kids depending on them but will spend all of the above reckless in one day. Scourging through endless magazines trying to stay fly ,when u have real women making real dough.

I actually feel the most sorry for the men. I can understand the conflict of wanting your woman to look really good but at what expense? I feel that the average woman as a consumer Mentality, always consuming but hardly producing,

My humble opinion BTW I am a woman.
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by iaabc(f): 5:45pm On Nov 09, 2010
unfortunately too true. So many even take loans to finance this unnecessary extravagance.
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 09, 2010
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by armyofone(m): 7:42pm On Nov 09, 2010
everything you listed i can try to understand but the weave or Weave-on.

not worth spending too much on something you will change in a month time.

some nig ladies know how to ridicule others. maybe that's why some must look/stay good.
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by Outstrip(f): 8:09pm On Nov 09, 2010
I don't believe Nigerian women spend 450.00 on those ugly ass weaves I always see and also to conclude that the average Nigerian woman does not produce is like ridiculous. If you say they don't really understand how money works then I can buy that but to say that they consume and not produce is totally wrong. I don't know too many Nigerian wives that stay home and the few I have come to know still shock me everytime I see it. It is definitely not the norm for Nigerian wives
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by rubi(f): 8:58pm On Nov 09, 2010
In as much as they are spending their money and not anyone else money there is no qualms. A lot of women has worked so hard and deserve the best. Some women have suffered so much in the past and when God decide to

show them mercy they have no choice than to enjoy themselves. People might wear expensive things on them but they know the right place to get them maybe wait till it is on sale at a lower price.

Have you ponder and ask how much a pair of mens designers suit cost? still you won't hear them complained about it or blink their eye when purchasing it
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2010
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by tolutara: 9:11pm On Nov 09, 2010
I don't think you ladies understand what i was saying, I am talking about ladies that all of the above on at the same time there isn't anything wrong with treats here and there but that is not what i am saying.
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by rubi(f): 9:24pm On Nov 09, 2010
I like to look good 24/7 but decide not to be in competition with anyone and not at the detriment of my family.

Funny enough my Bishops wife preached on this during our convention. She said "only you knows how much what you wear cost".
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by Nobody: 1:49am On Nov 10, 2010
you only live life once,enjoy it while you can. I 100percent support women that love looking good be it for yur husband or someone else as long as its no competition or @ d detriment of your family,infact i see nthg wrong wt a woman buying a thousand dollar louis vuitton bag or one of em designer bags if shes happy wt it. I look good for my God,family and dats all dat matters

If my hubby is ok with  me buying a chanel bag or even buys it for me when i drag him to the shops,then i honestly dont care abt what pple say abt me or my lifestyle
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by OAM4J: 4:00am On Nov 10, 2010
^^^ now I see how my $14k was miscalculated. grin
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by madchen(f): 1:11pm On Nov 10, 2010
tolutara:

I say the below at the risk of being told the reason why I am voicing my opinions is because i can't afford it. Let put that aside for now.

I feel a lot of women should stop being so darn materialistic. Gosh!

Weave $450, Gucci bag $375 ,Prada shoes $485, Vera Wang shades $180 , Fendi wallet $120, House of Dereon Bangles $85, Movado Wristwatch $165, the list is endless, Amount of cash in the Fendi wallet $45, credit card debt over $5000. SMH. cry

I Can understand women wanting to look good, but at what expense?. Some women have no savings for a rainy day especially when they have kids depending on them but will spend all of the above reckless in one day. Scourging through endless magazines trying to stay fly ,when u have real women making real dough.

I actually feel the most sorry for the men. I can understand the conflict of wanting your woman to look really good but at what expense? I feel that the average woman as a consumer Mentality, always consuming but hardly producing,

My humble opinion BTW I am a woman.
To each their own!!!!!!!!!
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 10, 2010
OAM4J:

^^^ now I see how my $14k was miscalculated. grin

Whcih 14k? tongue If you get 14k you for don change that "aba made" grey coloured calvin klein boxers wey you dey wear all the time tongue
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by snthesis(m): 1:28pm On Nov 10, 2010
^^^hw u take knw??
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by wale4x35(m): 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2010
Who pays for all these, men of course.

I know a lady who has a spreadsheet of men grin grin grin
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by aminalib(f): 1:41pm On Nov 10, 2010
why are people always worried about what goes on with another person? THere are women who can afford to buy all of that and more because they work and play hard, and if a man wants to be the fool, oh well
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by Ranoscky(m): 1:50pm On Nov 10, 2010
aminalib:

why are people always worried about what goes on with another person? THere are women who can afford to buy all of that and more because they work and play hard, and if a man wants to be the fool, oh well

+1

snthesis:

^^^hw u take knw??

My broda, me sef taya o. grin
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 10, 2010
Buy , if you can afford it.
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by ceeplus(m): 1:59pm On Nov 10, 2010
All dis girls wey de carry handbag go fetch water i stil de wonda wetin dey una mind
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by tolutara: 2:02pm On Nov 10, 2010
Funny responses , later we would wonder why our Men turn to yahoo yahoo , kidnapping and fraud to meet the insatiable incessant materialistic demands of our women, and will come to NL to ask where the Good men are and why is my husband this way or that way,

yeah
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by aminalib(f): 2:03pm On Nov 10, 2010
not every woman relies on a man to take care of her, sorry, so thats why i say what i said, everything i have and own i did myself, and yes there are fools out there willing to give me if i want grin
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by AjanleKoko: 2:10pm On Nov 10, 2010
chaircover:

The bottom line is if they can afford it and if they are not just doing it to keep up with the Jonses.

Actually . . . well, this may prolly sound old-fashioned, but it's kind of irresponsible to justify wasteful or reckless spending, purely because one can afford it.
I mean, we can all afford to eat 20 times a day, but we don't, do we?

I still call it wasteful or reckless spending. I know women call it a lot of other stuff. I like designer labels myself, but . . .

tolutara:

. . . it's keeping up with the Joneses, even if you can 'supposedly' afford it.
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by aminalib(f): 2:13pm On Nov 10, 2010
so now u are telling people what is wasteful and not? i am sure there are things in your life that u do some might consider wasteful? if someone has the means then let them do it,
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by OAM4J: 2:15pm On Nov 10, 2010
jennykadry:

Whcih 14k? tongue If you get 14k you for don change that "aba made" grey coloured calvin klein boxers wey you dey wear all the time tongue

how I go take change am? when you don finish my salary before i collect am.

snthesis:

^^^hw u take knw??

she be my ex gf and the mother of 3 or 4 of my children ( I no even sure sef, have to carry out DNA test on all of them)
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 10, 2010
@ poster

I feel you and I see where your beef is , true some women don't know the value of the hard earned money and go on a spending spree. They only want to look good and eventually when the well runs dry how do they hope to cope with the lifestyle they have created for themselves.
We guys also spend money on gadgets and trips.
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 10, 2010
I see men buying exotic cars and nobody's talking about them! undecided
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 10, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Actually . . . well, this may prolly sound old-fashioned, but it's kind of irresponsible to justify wasteful or reckless spending, purely because one can afford it.
I mean, we can all afford to eat 20 times a day, but we don't, do we?

I still call it wasteful or reckless spending. I know women call it a lot of other stuff. I like designer labels myself, but . . .

. . . it's keeping up with the Joneses, even if you can 'supposedly' afford it.

matter of taste / personality

i don't spend on designer clothing , but i go all out on computer hardware the most powerful laptop and advanced peripherals i can afford - some may also consider that to be wasteful too
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 10, 2010
Ujujoan:

I see men buying exotic cars and nobody's talking about them! undecided

see who is talking - is that not one of your chief criteria for mr right? cheesy cheesy

those driving Asian vehicles need not apply cheesy cheesy
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by tolutara: 2:23pm On Nov 10, 2010
I know women are going to try to defend their positions which is quite fine with me, here is my philosophy, call it wrong. if you are not making over $500k per year and you have a nest egg or trust fund for your children, u have no business being this reckless.

As a business owner, it is very difficult for me to justify spending a $1000 on a handbag, i know that won't be the only one in your closet.

Again a lot of women are very consumption minded but not producers of almost anything. Especially black women, look around you both in Naija, or anywhere in the world, black women are chief spender even though their white counterparts mostly make more money than they do and also save more money that they do,

Keep spending go on soun,
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by aminalib(f): 2:24pm On Nov 10, 2010
thank you for your acceptance, grin tongue
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by AjanleKoko: 2:28pm On Nov 10, 2010
aminalib:

so now u are telling people what is wasteful and not? i am sure there are things in your life that u do some might consider wasteful? if someone has the means then let them do it,

True, good point. But how many people have the means? Everybody says they do. But in reality, they are actually either amassing debt, or someone is paying for it, in which case it is hard to argue against if you're a chick, and a major sore point, if you're a guy like me.

oyb:

matter of taste / personality

i don't spend on designer clothing , but i go all out on computer hardware the most powerful laptop and advanced peripherals i can afford - some may also consider that to be wasteful too

You dey the same category jare. You nor suppose talk sef grin

As for me, I'd like to be paid to wear/use stuff, like athletes, movie stars, and Jeremy Clarkson. In fact, thanks to my job, I can't remember the last time I paid for a mobile fone.
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 10, 2010
tolutara:

I know women are going to try to defend their positions which is quite fine with me, here is my philosophy, call it wrong. if you are not making over $500k per year and you have a nest egg or trust fund for your children, u have no business being this reckless.

As a business owner, it is very difficult for me to justify spending a $1000 on a handbag, i know that won't be the only one in your closet.

Again a lot of women are very consumption minded but not producers of almost anything. Especially black women, look around you both in Naija, or anywhere in the world, black women are chief spender even though their white counterparts mostly make more money than they do and also save more money that they do,

Keep spending go on soun,

Now we know where the problem lies. grin grin cheesy cheesy

Leave women to spend and mind your family my dear. What another woman wears on her body,legs, head or where ever is none of your business.

If you cannot afford a 1000dollars bag or dont see buying one as right, then let those who wanna enjoy their lives freely do so.

BLame God for blessing women with money and good husbands that can afford it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Tea Nd Bobo Good For My 11 Months Old Baby? / He insulted me / Photo: Husband & Wife Pray Over Each Other's Private Parts During Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.