Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? (6000 Views)

Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? / Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? / Tell Me Some Family Vactions Places? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by Nobody: 1:25am On Nov 11, 2010
Aminalib drop it already. I thought you and missyb were on the same page before you diverted?

Tolutara's anger comes from the fact that women her age and even younger are busy wearing gucci bags whilst she is settling for 100naira alaba market made jungle of a bag. She has said it on here that she isnt here to criticise but obviously she is, I mean lets go back to her O.Post, she practically judged and criticized women that are "materialistic" and then twisted her words again by saying she is only giving her opinion and not judging , I mean does she understand the word "criticize" at all?

If a woman can afford 5000USD hand bag so be it. Life is too short, I do not believe in been stingy. Some women have suffered , worked hard to get to where they are today. So what on earth is wrong with them spending their money

Tolutara whether u gave your opinion or not the fact still remains "IT IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS,GO AND COOK FOR YOUR FAMILY AND STOP WORRYING OVER SOME FORTUNATE MILLIONAIRES" you no get work sef?
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by aminalib(f): 1:26am On Nov 11, 2010
no i will not drop it, and that is exactly what i stated to her that i agreed with her on some points, however she is taking it to heart and to another level and im just waiting to start crying, so no i wont drop it
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by Nobody: 1:31am On Nov 11, 2010
aminalib:

no i will not drop it, and that is exactly what i stated to her that i agreed with her on some points, [b]however she is taking it to heart and to another level [/b]and im just waiting to start crying, so no i wont drop it

And you are not doing same? The fact still remains that she voiced her opinion, she did not direct it to you but the poster n her supporters. She did not start all these you did.

Yes I do not believe in taking things to seriously but remember the time you took things seriously with queeneve as well on the romance section?

All in all, I am not supporting any one of you but the fact still remains that she was only giving her opinion. You are turning it to something else, I went through the posts and saw that at first she ignored you when you made some snide remarks , but u kept pushing it

Give it a break, e'jo
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by MissyB3(f): 1:33am On Nov 11, 2010
aminalib:

lol yea sure i'll be slow, really? please do not be nice, be who u are, tell me how u can make me go to bed crying, lmao, lol why am i bothering with this little girl who just made a topic about about some celebrity thinking they are sexy,, ,i see now what u consider important in your life, lol, oh wow u are schooling me, thank you, i am waiting for more, your a loser seriously, go play in traffic or better yet kick rocks, grin

When you put up something interesting that has to do with the topic, wake me up. I can't stay up all night reading these comments that seem to be written by a year 4 old kid. . . . My tomorrow starts early.

As for the thread about a celebrity, you're invited to increase the number of the posts on it. [See her frothing at the mouth. Ran outta words? What the heck has that gotta do with this issue?] Whether I spend the entire day creating threads on NL or not, I get paid and I still live fashionably with N20 in my purse. grin grin grin Don't envy me, even though I understand why you do. cheesy  cheesy
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by aminalib(f): 1:34am On Nov 11, 2010
you consider queeneve serious, i was bored and at work as i am now, i gave my opinion and she is giving her and if she wants to continue this nonsense we sure can, this is online, it means nothing to me, grin
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by aminalib(f): 1:36am On Nov 11, 2010
Missy ★ B:

When you put up something interesting that has to do with the topic, wake me up. I can't stay up all night reading these comments that seem to be written by a year 4 old kid. . . . My tomorrow starts early.

As for the thread about a celebrity, you're invited to increase the number of the posts on it. [See her frothing at the mouth. Ran outta words? What the heck has that gotta do with this issue?] Whether I spend the entire day creating threads on NL or not, I get paid and I still live fashionably with N20 in my purse. grin grin grin Don't envy me, even though I understand why you do. cheesy cheesy

damn u really do need a life, so u sleep on NL waiting for responses, hmm i see, and once as ur tag states" you make this thread important" please let me know, lol why would i envy u for wat? u get paid ok great, are u the only one? i can't envy the mentally disabled,
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by aminalib(f): 1:37am On Nov 11, 2010
aww she used grin grin thats nice, she is learning
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by bawomolo(m): 3:09am On Nov 11, 2010
you ladies are so petty.
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by Elpieda: 5:03am On Nov 11, 2010
^^^^^^

Bawomolo you could not have said it any better, PETTY is just the word I was looking for, God bless you,
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by dayokanu(m): 6:30am On Nov 11, 2010
While Tolutara is busy shaggging her husband some of us are fighting on this thread
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by jaybee3(m): 6:51am On Nov 11, 2010
Most do it so they can belong. Don't even get me started about the ones I've met in me young life tongue
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 11, 2010
^^Good day mate cheesy grin who told you, you are young? ol'papa like u tongue

Lol@ Topic, wasn't it on NLD one dude was complaining his wife has 145 pairs of shoes. grin grin All these poor men sef
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by dayokanu(m): 7:01am On Nov 11, 2010
145 pairs of shoes is insanity.

How much does she have in her bank account?
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 11, 2010
^^ Whats insanity in having 145 pairs of shoes? If it works for her fine. cool
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by jaybee3(m): 7:05am On Nov 11, 2010
Morning JK wink
The ones i know that live like that do so cos they simply wanna belong.
It's hasn't got anything to do with gender though cos us men go overboard sometimes as well.
No justification for buying a 30K car when ones salary is barely 25K or wanting to live in a 500K house when salary is barely 40K (subprime mortgage fiasco).

Nothing wrong with looking good but please do it ONLY if you can afford it.
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by madlady(f): 7:10am On Nov 11, 2010
@Topic I come at this issue from another angle.

For me I find it PROFITABLE to buy SOME high end goods. I buy and sell and buy and resell these goods.

I don't buy them because they are so called  luxury goods I buy them because I find  some to be better made and longer lasting.

I would rather buy 2 well made boots for the year than 6  that I cant  wear again after 2 months.

That's my humble opinion.
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by jaybee3(m): 7:14am On Nov 11, 2010
jennykadry:

^^ Whats insanity in having 145 pairs of shoes? If it works for her fine. cool
So what's the justification for having 20 exotic cars parked in the garage when the law of common sense tells us you can only drive just the one car at a time.
We Nigerians are where we are because of greed and the need to always have more which then drives us to committ despicable atrocities.
Something tells me most people that are used to having 'em sorta luxuries who then suddenly can't afford such naturally turns to life of crime or simply commit suicide.

Again, nothing wrong with having or wanting the best world has to offer. We have moral responsibilities to only do so if we can afford it.
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by jaybee3(m): 7:17am On Nov 11, 2010
madlady:

@Topic I come at this issue from another angle.
For me I find it PROFITABLE to buy SOME high end goods. I buy and sell and buy and resell these goods.
I don't buy them because they are so called luxury goods I buy them because I find some to be better made and longer lasting.
I would rather buy 2 well made boots for the year than 6 that I cant wear again after 2 months.
That's my humble opinion.
Quick questions:
Can you afford them?
Do you buy them using your credit card?
The OP is simply talking about people that have these luxuries but yet wallop in CC debts.
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by dayokanu(m): 7:21am On Nov 11, 2010
145 pairs of shoes?

Where would she keep the shoes.
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by madlady(f): 7:23am On Nov 11, 2010
I make myself afford them, it works out more cost effective for me in the long run

NO I don't stick them on cc cards, I would end paying more for them in the long run.

Yes I understand what the OP said, that's why I said I come at this issue from another angle.
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by jaybee3(m): 8:01am On Nov 11, 2010
OK here is a true story shocked
An ex of mine literally called me up months back cos she was at harrods and saw this gucci bag that she had to have at all cost. The problem was the bag cost about 1.5K and her bf only gave her 500 which she then plan to add an extra 500 making 1K. As we are kool peeps she asked me to complete the payment as she had to have dis bag.

My problem then wasn't necessarily about the money but more of the reason why she had to have a bag she couldn't afford. Offcourse i didn't give her, would have though if it was for a more reasonable cause.
What did she do in the end, she put the remaining on her CC and only carries this same bag once in every blue moon.

That's the kind of peeps the OP is talking about.
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by madlady(f): 8:21am On Nov 11, 2010
^^
Your explanation of that incident does show that some people do go  to the extreme to possess some things.

I see buying good quality things like an INVESTMENT.

Like I said before I would rather have a FEW good quality items than wardrobes full of things that I cannot use after a few months.

People have different reasons for buying the things they buy.
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 11, 2010
madlady:

^^
Your explanation of that incident does show that some people do go  to the extreme to possess some things.

I see buying good quality things like an INVESTMENT.

Like I said before I would rather have a FEW good quality items than wardrobes full of things that I cannot use after a few months.

People have different reasons for buying the things they buy.

erm - shoes and clothing are for the most part consumer items - not investments

its not like they generate income

and they have a short shelf life in the west - what with fashions and fads
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by madlady(f): 9:05am On Nov 11, 2010
^^^

Yes your right but I do resell certain items.

Not boots that was just an example, accessories and bags make a good profit.

I go more for quality than the LATEST TRENDS so I find certain high end garments are almost always undecided in fashion.
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by nkilirox(f): 11:55am On Nov 11, 2010
tolutara:

I say the below at the risk of being told the reason why I am voicing my opinions is because i can't afford it. Let put that aside for now.

I feel a lot of women should stop being so darn materialistic. Gosh!

Weave $450, Gucci bag $375 ,Prada shoes $485, Vera Wang shades $180 , Fendi wallet $120, House of Dereon Bangles $85, Movado Wristwatch $165, the list is endless, Amount of cash in the Fendi wallet $45, credit card debt over $5000. SMH. cry

I Can understand women wanting to look good, but at what expense?. Some women have no savings for a rainy day especially when they have kids depending on them but will spend all of the above reckless in one day. Scourging through endless magazines trying to stay fly ,when u have real women making real dough.

I actually feel the most sorry for the men. I can understand the conflict of wanting your woman to look really good but at what expense? I feel that the average woman as a consumer Mentality, always consuming but hardly producing,

My humble opinion BTW I am a woman.

Like eldee said "is it your money?" Why u dey take panadol for someone else's headache bikonu?

Also don't forget that just because you can't afford to comfortably spend excessively on luxury goods doesn't mean the next woman can't or just because she owns several expensive items means she has no savings.

Bottom line, focus on yourself and stop worrying about the next person. Today its what she spends, tomorrow it will be how she kpanshes her man, e no consain you angry
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by Elpieda: 4:05pm On Nov 11, 2010
I dont understand if its reading problem that is doing some women here,

^^^^^
so in your opinion having just $45 in the wallet and credit card debt os $5000 equates to "affording to comfortably spend excessively on luxury goods"

If they can afford it fine (which in most cases they cant) but if u go broke acquiring all those things then something must be wrong with the woman/man
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by tolutara: 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2010
jennykadry:

Aminalib drop it already. I thought you and missyb were on the same page before you diverted?

Tolutara's anger comes from the fact that women her age and even younger are busy wearing gucci bags whilst she is settling for 100naira alaba market made jungle of a bag. She has said it on here that she isnt here to criticise but obviously she is, I mean lets go back to her O.Post, she practically judged and criticized women that are "materialistic" and then twisted her words again by saying she is only giving her opinion and not judging , I mean does she understand the word "criticize" at all?

If a woman can afford 5000USD hand bag so be it. Life is too short, I do not believe in been stingy. Some women have suffered , worked hard to get to where they are today. So what on earth is wrong with them spending their money

Tolutara whether u gave your opinion or not the fact still remains "IT IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS,GO AND COOK FOR YOUR FAMILY AND STOP WORRYING OVER SOME FORTUNATE MILLIONAIRES" you no get work sef?

At the risk of being repetitive, Like i said to you earlier , this is the kind of narrow mindedness i see all over NL in your posts.
You are still concerned about what i have or don't have abi?,Since u don't know how to use your brains, and have any real contribution to the world, Do the world a favor, Open your mouth, Pull your lips over your head and Swallow, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by bawomolo(m): 7:26pm On Nov 11, 2010
jennykadry:

Lol@ Topic, wasn't it on NLD one dude was complaining his wife has 145 pairs of shoes. grin grin All these poor men sef

poor guy, i wonder what his closet looks like.

if i was the bobo, those shoes would be dumped at the nearest goodwill or salvation army depot.
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by ifyalways(f): 9:02pm On Nov 11, 2010
dagnabit! pls alot of women work verrrry hard and therefore deserve whatever they choose to spend their money on!
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by dayokanu(m): 9:13pm On Nov 11, 2010
ifyalways:

dagnabit! pls alot of women work verrrry hard and therefore deserve whatever they choose to spend their money on!

I think the topic is about those who spend money they dont have.

The first post referred to $5000 Credit card debt to maintain that lifestyle
Re: Some Family Women And Materialistic Issues? by ifyalways(f): 10:34pm On Nov 11, 2010
@dayo,ok then.most women i know spend within their limits and earnings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Enugu Billionaire Buries Mother In Hummer SUV Instead Of Casket (photos) / Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? / The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.