Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,325 members, 7,864,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:24 PM

Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola (22393 Views)

Ogunlewe: Tinubu’s Health Doesn't Matter As Long As He Assembles A Good Cabinet / Adeseye Ogunlewe: Why The Igbos Cannot Produce President In 2023 / Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Is The Right Person To Succeed Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by witworth(m): 10:59pm On Oct 19, 2019
Officialgarri:
If he says Awolowo, he might be wrong but Abiola? I don't get. Without sentiments, What has Abiola done for the people other than win an annuled election?
ask your ancestors or wait for the judgement day.
Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 19, 2019
This man is a bastard!!! ...amd epitomises what is wrong with Nigeria today, when an old man can spew such crap!!

2 Likes

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by LordKO(m): 11:12pm On Oct 19, 2019
Rubbiish:

See the kind of people we have in this country, Jesus! What has authority got to do with common sense?? You obviously can't differentiate a good leader from a bad one because u simply lack common sense!
Your brain is full of fufu
Shameless sychophant!

I don't join issue with small-minded people like you, so don't think that I'll dignify you with further reply after this.

Yes, Tinubu has achieved - has produced more established political beneficiaries (not necessarily followers) - more than Awolowo and MKO Abiola did, as far as national politics is concerned. I'm not petty and imbecilic like you to see things from the lens of regionalism. However, this doesn't nullify the beneficence and legacies of both Awolowo and Abiola.

Meanwhile, narcissism/sententiousness is a major hallmark of small-minded people like you. So, I won't be surprised to know that this same Tinubu you're trying so hard to malign is more righteous than you hypocritically disingenuous element.

A political beneficiary, especially an established one, is different from a good governance beneficiary. Tinubu holds sway on the former as a benefactor as far as national politics is concerned, while Awolowo only holds sway on the latter as s benefactor for South Westerners. Of course, Abiola's prominence, both in the business and political world, all around the world remains evergreen.

In fact, it's obvious to me that you have no electoral value, so look for your small-minded ilk elsewhere as I have said above.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by witworth(m): 11:13pm On Oct 19, 2019
u can't buy class

1 Like

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by Rubbiish(m): 11:16pm On Oct 19, 2019
LordKO:

[s]I don't join issue with small-minded people like you, so don't think that I'll dignify you with further reply after this.

Yes, Tinubu has achieved - has produced more established political beneficiaries (not followers) - more than Awolowo and MKO Abiola did, as far as national politics is concerned. I'm not petty and imbecilic like you to see things from the lenses of Regionalism. However, this doesn't nullify the beneficience and legacies of both Awolowo and Abiola[/s].
We are talking about someone who helped the entire region, including the less privileged and downtrodden, u are talking about someone helping his allies and cronies as achievement??
I give up!

9 Likes

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by WELEBOO(m): 11:22pm On Oct 19, 2019
HOW ON PLANET EARTH CAN OGUNLEWE COMPARE TINUBU TO A SAGE LIKE AWOLOWO HELLOOO

2 Likes

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by Ashirioluwa: 11:32pm On Oct 19, 2019
Montracine:
Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola – Ogunlewe

Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe, a former Minister of Works on Saturday said Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is the most prominent politician in the South-West who can lead Nigeria well if elected President.
Speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Ogunlewe said Tinubu has achieved more than Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Basorun MKO Abiola, the acclaimed winner of the annulled June 12 1993 presidential election.

The former senator who represented Lagos East from 1999- 2003, also denied saying the North will deny Tinubu the presidency and that he may end up like the late MKO Abiola. According to him, those ascribing that to him are enemies of progress.

“He (Tinubu) is the most prominent Yoruba person that has paid his dues and is knowledgeable about the politics of Nigeria. I am confident he can lead Nigeria well if he becomes President”.

“All these people are enemies of progress. How can I say that the North will deny Tinubu and he will end up like MKO Abiola. Hasn’t he done more than MKO Abiola? Hasn’t he done more than Awolowo?”

” Maybe not in terms of perfomance but he has more in terms of skills, wisdom. Look at the way he has been able to cover all parts of Nigeria”.

“Look at the number of people he has been able to promote from nothing to be governors, ministers and even Vice-President:.

“Believe it or not, whether you like him or you don’t like him, you must give him credit. All those saying negative things are not knowledgeable about Nigerian politics”.

“If you are knowledgeable about Nigerian politics, you should know that you cannot remove the man’s achievements from him” he said .

https://www.independent.ng/tinubu-has-achieved-more-than-awolowo-mko-abiola-ogunlewe/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

Absolutely right....by pocketing Lagos State. Tinubu is a living legend when it comes to stealing.

2 Likes

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by Ashirioluwa: 11:34pm On Oct 19, 2019
witworth:
ask your ancestors or wait for the judgement day.
Best answer........thank you sir
Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by mechanics(m): 11:43pm On Oct 19, 2019
Hmmmmmm, what has Mr Tinubu achieved that he's being compared with Awolowo and MKO?

2 Likes

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by Lalaska(m): 11:54pm On Oct 19, 2019
They have started again. Hungry men.

1 Like

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by Billyanger(m): 11:56pm On Oct 19, 2019
FrLukas:
This old shameless man. There's a word in Yoruba for such people. We call them "agbaya"

But I won't call him that today because he seems to be fighting a losing battle with senility, equating Tinubu with the great Awo. In fact the man has lost the battle with senility. He should be chained to an iron post before he enters market stark nude.

Can you say it in his presence? grin
Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by AyosMan: 12:00am On Oct 20, 2019
Awo don suffer. Yoruba's can say anything just to get favour. Obasanjo said Abiola is not the messiah, na this one is saying tinubu of all people is greater than Awo who gave free education, that even the then mid-west region present Edo and Delta state benefited from, tinubu is greater than him! Nawaoo for Yoruba people all this bcus of politics.

3 Likes

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by notoriousbabe: 12:55am On Oct 20, 2019
This man na bloody fool, an ass licker

1 Like

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by notoriousbabe: 12:56am On Oct 20, 2019
Lalaska:
They have started again. Hungry men.
don't mind that foolish old fool. Ifunloran somebody

3 Likes

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by okito: 1:21am On Oct 20, 2019
If Tinubu ever becomes Nigeria's President, corruption in Nigeria will be worse than it was under GEJ.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by gaskiyamagana: 1:49am On Oct 20, 2019
Ojiofor:
Na so them take push Abiola enter wahala all of them come betray him las las.
THIS IS BITTER TRUTH OF THE YEAR, 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by InvertedHammer: 1:51am On Oct 20, 2019
/
Awolowo was a liberator.

Abiola was an opportunist.

Tinubu is a conqueror.

Each one was/is a warrior in his own way.

But then, in the game of sycophancy, whoever is dead has lost because only the living can grease the palms of praise-singers.
/

1 Like

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by wink2015(m): 1:57am On Oct 20, 2019
Montracine:
Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola – Ogunlewe

Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe, a former Minister of Works on Saturday said Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is the most prominent politician in the South-West who can lead Nigeria well if elected President.
Speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Ogunlewe said Tinubu has achieved more than Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Basorun MKO Abiola, the acclaimed winner of the annulled June 12 1993 presidential election.

The former senator who represented Lagos East from 1999- 2003, also denied saying the North will deny Tinubu the presidency and that he may end up like the late MKO Abiola. According to him, those ascribing that to him are enemies of progress.

“He (Tinubu) is the most prominent Yoruba person that has paid his dues and is knowledgeable about the politics of Nigeria. I am confident he can lead Nigeria well if he becomes President”.

“All these people are enemies of progress. How can I say that the North will deny Tinubu and he will end up like MKO Abiola. Hasn’t he done more than MKO Abiola? Hasn’t he done more than Awolowo?”

” Maybe not in terms of perfomance but he has more in terms of skills, wisdom. Look at the way he has been able to cover all parts of Nigeria”.

“Look at the number of people he has been able to promote from nothing to be governors, ministers and even Vice-President:.

“Believe it or not, whether you like him or you don’t like him, you must give him credit. All those saying negative things are not knowledgeable about Nigerian politics”.

“If you are knowledgeable about Nigerian politics, you should know that you cannot remove the man’s achievements from him” he said .

https://www.independent.ng/tinubu-has-achieved-more-than-awolowo-mko-abiola-ogunlewe/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

The good people of south south region and south east region will not accept Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu for president of Nigeria.

Like I said earlier in my previous contributions on nairaland, Tinubu is only good as a kingmaker but not as a President.

Even within south west, Tinubu is only known within Lagos state.

Tinubu is not popular among a wide generality of the yorubas.

Afenifere is even divided on the Tinubu interest in becoming President of Nigeria.

South south and south east will likely support a northern candidate if the Yorubas make an attempt to claim the presidency which should go to the south east in order to promote national unity.

2 Likes

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by gaskiyamagana: 1:58am On Oct 20, 2019
mechanics:
Hmmmmmm, what has Mr Tinubu achieved that he's being compared with Awolowo and MKO?
He is King maker of Osibanjo, Fashola, Ambode, Aregbesola, Sanwo Olu, Agbero M C Oluomo and Kwaraption in Buhari's Administration.

1 Like

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by gaskiyamagana: 2:01am On Oct 20, 2019
Ashirioluwa:

Absolutely right....by pocketing Lagos State. Tinubu is a living legend when it comes to stealing.
Not only Lagos, Osun State as well.
Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by gaskiyamagana: 2:04am On Oct 20, 2019
Jimi24:
When Tinubu money hits your brain. The entire thing will just scatter. You will see blue and call it red.
Even you will see cat and call it lion.

2 Likes

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by gaskiyamagana: 2:11am On Oct 20, 2019
For that comment, the man will be assistant director to MC Oluomo in coordinating Lagos garages TOUTS for Tinubu 2023 Ambition.

1 Like

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by gaskiyamagana: 2:17am On Oct 20, 2019
Avedonn:
Even Tinubu himself will be shocked by this baseless claim.
Besides, he will call meeting and tell his beneficiaries not to take him near Awolowo or Abiola if they don't want to pull him down for the rest of his life.

1 Like

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by gaskiyamagana: 2:24am On Oct 20, 2019
Officialgarri:
If he says Awolowo, he might be wrong but Abiola? I don't get. Without sentiments, What has Abiola done for the people other than win an annuled election?
This is one of Online nairaland toodlers,I am not surprised.
Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by surgical: 2:29am On Oct 20, 2019
isthatso:
This man is a bastard!!! ...amd epitomises what is wrong with Nigeria today, when an old man can spew such crap!!
He is looking for relevance in APC Lagos he just landed

2 Likes

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by Nobody: 2:35am On Oct 20, 2019
Wow.

This Ogunlewe man is a disgrace to the Yoruba ethos. Total disgrace.

3 Likes

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by Nobody: 2:42am On Oct 20, 2019
Dumb as Bleep senile scum!

#stupiest lie ever told!

selfless awo with avaricious tinubu in same sentence?.....

No polititician has come near jakande /awo's feat in southwest.

2 Likes

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by SIRTee15: 2:54am On Oct 20, 2019
My Yoruba folks and double speak when they looking for what to chop....
That's what hunger can do to a man...

I can't even compare Tinubu to Jakande....
The achievement of Jakande in 4 years is yet to be surpassed by bourdillon n his slave boys despite ruling Lagos for 20 years now....

As for likelihood of tinubu becoming a nigerian president....
Then we can safely assume Obasanjo is the greatest Yoruba man.... undecided undecided undecided
Since he occupied the post twice, spanning over 10 years....

Nonsense talk....

6 Likes

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by SavageResponse(m): 3:11am On Oct 20, 2019
Has this guy decamped to APC?
Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by adenigga(m): 3:15am On Oct 20, 2019
Rubbiish:
It is completely absurd & ludicrous to compare tinubu to awolowo. It is like comparing Nigeria to America. Only a shameless sychophant will do that

What I can picked from that old man statements is, He's trying to be relevant politically again.

But comparing Tinubu with Awolowo simply shows that Ogunlewe must be suffering from dementia, he need urgent care.

4 Likes

Re: Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola by Damoche10: 3:44am On Oct 20, 2019
This is awada kerikeri...not in Thifnubu's lifetime

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Carpets Jonathan As ‘woman Wrapper’… Controlled By Patience, Dieziani / Buhari Names Gbemisola Saraki As Otuoke University Council Chairman / Major Police Tracking Equipment Down, Detectives Struggle To Trace Bandits, Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.