Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,177 members, 7,860,230 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:04 AM

Where Nigeria Is Likely To Be In The Next 50years. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Nigeria Is Likely To Be In The Next 50years. (899 Views)

2023: Where Nigeria’s President Comes From, Isn't important ― Atiku / Where Nigeria Is Heading In The Next 10 Years - Osinbajo / Atiku Vs Buhari, Who Is Likely To Win South West? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Nigeria Is Likely To Be In The Next 50years. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 20, 2019
According to the British petroleum statistical review of world energy, quantities of crude oil in discovered accumulations which can be legally, technically and economically extracted will only last for another “50years” with the current production and consumption level. You know what this means?
1. It means that the current crude oil reserve in Nigerdelta will probably not last beyond 50years ( I pity this region because they have been absolutely used by Nigeria for the past years, they will be left with nothing if they don’t start getting their asses together).

2. If Nigeria doesn’t diversify her economy or doesn’t find another economically significant quantity of crude oil, our economy will collapse. Iya yi ma poju
The only thing binding Nigeria together is that oil, it will be exhausted in no time and only those regions that has edified themselves educationally, business wise and any other non-oil means will thrive.
Nigeria eventually will divide because the Oyel would have been exhausted. This country is not structured to last, crude oil is the glue.

I pray we all will be alive to witness this happen in the next 50years....
Happy Sunday.
Re: Where Nigeria Is Likely To Be In The Next 50years. by IamCharles123: 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2019
The oil should do n finish, i don taya.

2 Likes

Re: Where Nigeria Is Likely To Be In The Next 50years. by Sagamaje(m): 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2019
All dis trash no be my problem na how dem go take open boarder dey worry me cos naija rice stone go finish my teeth
Re: Where Nigeria Is Likely To Be In The Next 50years. by Abohboy: 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2019
nwabekeyi:
According to the British petroleum statistical review of world energy, quantities of crude oil in discovered accumulations which can be legally, technically and economically extracted will only last for another “50years” with the current production and consumption level. You know what this means?
1. It means that the current crude oil reserve in Nigerdelta will probably not last beyond 50years ( I pity this region because they have been absolutely used by Nigeria for the past years, they will be left with nothing if they don’t start getting their asses together).

2. If Nigeria doesn’t diversify her economy or doesn’t find another economically significant quantity of crude oil, our economy will collapse. Iya yi ma poju
The only thing binding Nigeria together is that oil, it will be exhausted in no time and only those regions that has edified themselves educationally, business wise and any other non-oil means will thrive.
Nigeria eventually will divide because the Oyel would have been exhausted. This country is not structured to last, crude oil is the glue.

Happy Sunday.

What do you think this agricultural revolution thing is we are increasing our rice production and the production of fruits soon Nigeria will be self sufficient in a lot of foods

Added to that Nigeria is going to invest 1.6 billion dollars to create a constant power supply for 60 million people by 2022 so about 20 000MW in an agreement with Japan whilst Siemens will provide aan extra 25 000MW by 2023 so by 2023 Nigeria will have 45 000MW of power with a renewable energy mix of 40% the rest will be natural gas

And the Nigeria technology scheme is larger than you think they have started laying fibers in yaba and Abuja for the tech cities and Co creation hub a Nigerian tech company bought the biggest tech hub in Kenya and has expanded to Rwanda and Tanzania

They are going to start construction of a 12 storey and 5 storey building in 2020

And you have already seen the railway Onitsha to warri with spur at enugu and then from warri alll the way to kano as well as that you will have Lagos to kano with spur at ado ekiti so all is well
Re: Where Nigeria Is Likely To Be In The Next 50years. by Psalmy2cute(m): 1:36pm On Oct 20, 2019
nwabekeyi:

Happy Sunday.

This post is definitely from an ibo man.. so what are you trying to say?, the ss is not educational wise.. even me .. I want the oil to finish.. no one is asking you to notify us when the oil will finish or not... stop trying to create division
Re: Where Nigeria Is Likely To Be In The Next 50years. by Indiaindia: 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2019
Sagamaje:
All dis trash no be my problem na how dem go take open boarder dey worry me cos naija rice stone go finish my teeth
if one cup of rice no be ten naira no border go open goto hell
Re: Where Nigeria Is Likely To Be In The Next 50years. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 20, 2019
Abohboy:

What do you think this agricultural revolution thing is we are increasing our rice production and the production of fruits soon Nigeria will be self sufficient in a lot of foods

Added to that Nigeria is going to invest 1.6 billion dollars to create a constant power supply for 60 million people by 2022 so about 20 000MW in an agreement with Japan whilst Siemens will provide aan extra 25 000MW by 2023 so by 2023 Nigeria will have 45 000MW of power with a renewable energy mix of 40% the rest will be natural gas

And the Nigeria technology scheme is larger than you think they have started laying fibers in yaba and Abuja for the tech cities and Co creation hub a Nigerian tech company bought the biggest tech hub in Kenya and has expanded to Rwanda and Tanzania

They are going to start construction of a 12 storey and 5 storey building in 2020

And you have already seen the railway Onitsha to warri with spur at enugu and then from warri alll the way to kano as well as that you will have Lagos to kano with spur at ado ekiti so all is well
good, I just hope they will be committed to this and not just play politics.

1 Like

Re: Where Nigeria Is Likely To Be In The Next 50years. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2019
Psalmy2cute:

This post is definitely from an ibo man.. so what are you trying to say?, the ss is not educational wise.. even me .. I want the oil to finish.. no one is asking you to notify us when the oil will finish or not... stop trying to create division
Are we now gonna play tribal game with this fact?

1 Like

Re: Where Nigeria Is Likely To Be In The Next 50years. by Psalmy2cute(m): 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
nwabekeyi:
Are we now gonna play tribal game with this fact?
This post is already a tribal game, ... you making it sound like the igbos are also not benefactors from the Nigerdelta oil.. both the hausa, yoruba and igbos are birds of the same feather ... would you be saying this if an igbo man was the head of state??
Say something else.. I'm a big supporter of biafra myself.. but dont try to drag the nigerdeltans against Nigeria.. let us decide for ourselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Nigeria Is Likely To Be In The Next 50years. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 20, 2019
Psalmy2cute:

This post is already a tribal game, ... you making it sound like the igbos are also not benefactors from the Nigerdelta oil.. both the hausa, yoruba and igbos are birds of the same feather ... would you be saying this if an igbo man was the head of state??
Everybody is a benefactor but I’m highlighting what will make a particular group thrive after the non-oil era which is the truth.
Re: Where Nigeria Is Likely To Be In The Next 50years. by Psalmy2cute(m): 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2019
nwabekeyi:
Everybody is a benefactor but I’m highlighting what will make a particular group thrive after the non-oil era which is the truth.

The ss region will thrive .. there are other raw materials in the ss region aside from oil.. we've got multiple sea ports unlike the north.... like I've stated before... I want the oil to finish.. this oil is more of a curse than a blessing to us.. we've got fertile farmland that can grow other crops if not tomatoes
Re: Where Nigeria Is Likely To Be In The Next 50years. by meavox: 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2019
@ nwabekeyi

In 31 years time Nigeria's population will more than double to over 400 million.

So in 50 years time our current population will be nearing 600 million.

But no infrastructure.

So Nigerians will be killing Nigerians. Whether through rituals or kidnap or road accident.

THIS IS WHY RESTRUCTURING NIGERIA IS SO IMPORTANT. SO THAT THOSE AREAS THAT WANT TO PROGRESS CAN DO SO. WE OF SS & SE SHOULD ESCAPE TOGETHER AS WE ARE EQUALLY MARGINALIZED AND HAVE SAME RELIGION, ASPIRATIONS AND VALUES.

I will not be around in 50 years time. But for my children they might be around (I have told them not to have children since Nigeria is a shithole, so I should have no grandchildren unless my kids get careless undecided Before you start shouting, my wife is in total agreement)
Re: Where Nigeria Is Likely To Be In The Next 50years. by NigeriaIsDoomed: 3:30pm On Oct 20, 2019
Abeg make oil do finish e don divide us more than e unite us.

Re: Where Nigeria Is Likely To Be In The Next 50years. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 20, 2019
Psalmy2cute:

The ss region will thrive .. there are other raw materials in the ss region aside from oil.. we've got multiple sea ports unlike the north.... like I've stated before... I want the oil to finish.. this oil is more of a curse than a blessing to us.. we've got fertile farmland that can grow other crops if not tomatoes
idealy, the crude oil era would have come with a lot of development in the SS if it has been properly managed.
This era is their best bet

1 Like

Re: Where Nigeria Is Likely To Be In The Next 50years. by nku5: 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2019
As today be like this i am scared to think of what will happen 50 years from now grin

1 Like

Re: Where Nigeria Is Likely To Be In The Next 50years. by budaatum: 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2019
The greatest Nigerian asset is we the Nigerian people. We don't know it yet, but we are the wealth of our nation. We are currently everywhere and will be even more everywhere in 50 years time when it will be said that:

In the beginning was the Nigerians, and the Nigerians were with God, and the Nigerians were God. The same Nigerian was in the beginning with God. All things were made by the Nigerians; and without the Nigerians was not any thing made that was made.

I know it might not seem so to those who comprehendeth the darkness not, but come back and check in 50 years time and you will find this is true.

(1) (Reply)

Leaked Audio: Kogi State Inec Rec Under Pressure To Rig Election Against Dino M / ‘President Buhari Awaits Investigation Report……’ – Femi Adesina / Million Man Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.