Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet (21983 Views)

2023 Election: Wike Hit Out At EU Over Report / Wike: Jonathan will automatically loose the support of the SS if he joins APC / Edo Election: Wike Held Hostage In Hotel Room - PDP Raises Alarm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by References: 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2019
The peace committee set up by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to reconcile all stakeholders in Bayelsa and Kogi States ahead of the November 16 governorship elections, has initiated serious talks with former President Goodluck Jonathan, Governor Nyesome Wike of Rivers State, and former Governor Idris Ibrahim of Kogi State, among others.

The committee, sources said, would formally meet with Jonathan, who is expected to return to the country today after weeks of telephone talks on the future of PDP in Bayelsa State, particularly as it affects the November election.

Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State, who leads the party’s national campaign council on Bayelsa, had urged the Bukola Saraki-led reconciliation committee to leave no stone unturned in pacifying Jonathan, whom he noted had suffered some measure of disrespect in the state.

Inside sources in the committee hinted that the former Senate President had initiated several telephone conversations with Jonathan, which had proved useful in the peace efforts.

Saraki, according to the source, had equally met with Wike, who is believed to have some serious political interest in the election. Both were said to have reached agreement on the need to work for PDP to continue ruling Bayelsa.

“The peace committee has equally met with Timi Alaibe, who is a very strong contender in Bayelsa politics and all is going smoothly. We expect a better results in the next few days when the committee is supposed to receive him,” the source added.

In Kogi, the committee was said to have met some PDP stakeholders, including Senator Dino Melaye, who earlier rejected the job of leading the PDP campaign for the party flag bearer, Engineer Musa Wada.

The committee, it was further learned, had also spoken to former Governor Ibrahim Idris.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/wike-jonathan-and-others-meet-over-bayelsa-guber/amp

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by helinues: 1:18pm On Oct 20, 2019
Enemy of my enemy is my friend .

Dickson snubbed Tambuwal's primary presidency in Pdp.. Pay back time

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by BOOOMNAIJA: 1:26pm On Oct 20, 2019
THE PDP WILL CONTINUE TO GO DOWN THE DRAIN UNTILL THE APC SUFFERS AN IMPLOSION.... WHICH IS NOT LIKELY TO HAPPEN ANYTIME SOON, EXCEPT THE NORTHERN CABAL OVERSTEPS THEIR BOUNDS AND MAKE JAGABAN VEX....BUT THAT IS ONLY WHEN BUHARI MUST AV LEFT OFFICE

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by CONTACTSAMSUNG(m): 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2019
angry

Up to something good

Let's make Nigeria great again

Meanwhile check out my signature and thread for interesting offers on electronics

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by pwansunriseteam: 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ok
Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by Goalgetterz: 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2019
jkui

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by RichDad1(m): 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
Jonathan is just a leader that lack the required charisma.
Imagine external forces coming to mend fences between a former president and his state Governor.
He should just respect himself and quit politics because the amount of disrespects being hurled at him by Dickson is just too much.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by VivyZub(f): 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
Affordable children educational android tablets. Please go through my thread for pictures, functions and specifications and please check my signature for contact
Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
And the game begins
Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by Afamed: 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
Dying party

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by PureGoldh(m): 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ok
Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by omenka(m): 1:30pm On Oct 20, 2019
Wike, the father, mother and grand parent of PDP.

When he sneezes, they catch cold.

The way they went crawling to port Harcourt to beg when he threatened he'd stop picking their bills with Rivers' money was a sight to behold.

Sai Wike. cheesy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by Oyikoha(m): 1:30pm On Oct 20, 2019
PDP needs to be focused on the Kogi state election
Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by helpmyministry: 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2019
See the way I'm booking space like a know any thing about Politics.

I want to use this medium to thank every one of you that patronized me yesterday. I can tell you how elated I am today.

@ajealadick, @hategaybriel, @abukuru, @spainze007 and @Promoline Please send me a message on whatsapp or call me cos i do not have access to the mail you sent your PM to. Thank you very much and I apologize for the delay and other inconveniences.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by Youlkmouth: 1:33pm On Oct 20, 2019
RichDad1:
Jonathan is just a leader that lack the required charisma.
Imagine external forces coming to mend fences between a former president and his state Governor.
He should just respect himself and quit politics because the disrespects being hurled at him by Dickson is just too much.
. OK we hear u

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by PheelzAlmighty: 1:33pm On Oct 20, 2019
Let the looting continue grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by naijaguy123456(m): 1:34pm On Oct 20, 2019
Why is Jonathan not in prison? That thief should be locked up by now.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by Biritiko: 1:36pm On Oct 20, 2019
Too late

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by mercyviv(f): 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2019
Nairaland mods...OK!
Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by RichBoy247: 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2019
Giatluck and Dickson are silent enemies after Dickson relegated Goatluck to the side lines. Goatluck Jonathan meet Buhari few weeks ago. Wike has picked up arms against PDP for some months now, he even congratulated Buhari for winning at the Presidential Election Tribunal. Now Goatluck Jonathan has gone to meet Wike after Goatluck meet Buhari. Are you thinking and seeing what I am seeing and thinking? PDP will remain only PD, the P will be thrown out soon.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by zombieHUNTER: 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2019
Selfish politicians only interested in looting like their APc counterparts

No hope in sight

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by Biritiko: 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2019
naijaguy123456:
Dasuki is paying for Jonathief sins

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by sapele914(m): 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2019
Oyikoha:
PDP needs to be focused on the Kogi state election
Let them focus on hocus pocus, they are still going to loose both states.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Governorship Election: Wike, Jonathan and others Meet by zombieHUNTER: 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2019
naijaguy123456:

Can Buhari the bigger thief make that happen?

Or the bullion van master not good enough for prison

Efcc under Buhari is only after palmoil adulterators and yahoo boys

17 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19 Task Force Briefs Buhari (Photos) / Ondo Muslim Community Fumes Over Return Of School To Missionaries / Okada Ban: Lagos Set To Crush Another 2,228 Motorcycles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.