Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,250 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba (61506 Views)

Femi Fani Kayode: I Will Never Join APC, Till Jesus Comes (Throwback Video) / Fani-Kayode: "I Will Never Leave PDP Till Thy Kingdom Come" - Throwback Video / Femi Fani-Kayode: I Caught My Wife In Bed With A Married Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by fergie001: 1:48pm On Oct 21, 2019
Nigeria’s former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode has said that he is not Yoruba. Fani disclosed this on Twitter while stressing that the word Yoruba is alien to his culture and not known in the Anago language while revealing that the name Yoruba was derived from “Yoruba” and that it means “shady and unreliable”

Fani-Kayode in his words said the “Yoruba” is alien to his culture and not known in the Anago language while revealing that the name Yoruba was derived from “Yoruba” and that it means “shady and unreliable”.

Two names that the Fulani gave to southerners: "Yamiri", in reference to SE and "Yoruba" in reference to SW. The SE rejected that name but the SW accepted it. The name "Yoruba" derives from "Yoruba" and it means "shady and unreliable". I reject that strange name and label...

.I am not a "Yoruba" or "Yoruba" but an "Omo Karo Jire" or an "Oduduwan" and my lanuage is not "Yoruba" but "Anago". We are what we call ourselves. We are not "shady and uneliable"(Yoruba) and we must not accept names that are given to us by our historical adversaries

Any Omo Karo Jire or Oduduwan that continues to call himself a "Yoruba" is lost and does not know the implications of what he is doing to his own people. He is simply affirming and confirming an insulting label which has deep sinister, mystical and spiritual connotations...

The word "Yoruba" did not even exist until the 18th century and even then most of the tribes of the SW, including the Oyo's, rejected it due to its origin and meaning. The word "Yoruba" is alien to our culture and not known in the Anago language. Oduduwans please take note.

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/realFFK/status/1186223870308769793

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by fergie001: 1:49pm On Oct 21, 2019
Weed ooooo grin

Historians, oya come oooooooo

117 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Iamgrey5(m): 1:50pm On Oct 21, 2019
What weed can do grin

More weed roll it up !

He believes the shii that Yoruba was given to Oyo by Hausa, meanwhile there's no historical evidence to back up this claim

Only Oyo and Northern Yorubas referred to themselves as Yorubas before the 19th century.

It was people like Ajayi Crowther a returning slave who forged a single Yoruba identity amongst the "Aku" "Eku"(Today's modern Youbas) people which included those that referred to themselves as Nago i.e. Nago-jebu (ijebu), Nago-ketu (in Benin republic). Hence, even in Liberia, the indigenous Yorubas of mixed orgin who migrated there long ago still refer to themselves as "Aku" people.

FFK from Osun was never referred to as Nago, they were referred to as Ife.

Hence, Ife hunters who found themselves in Togo today are referred to as Ana-ife or ife-Togo, not Anago or Yoruba.

106 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by sweetonugbu: 1:52pm On Oct 21, 2019
No wonder

153 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by skyblueking(m): 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2019
Mad people in government....
Make we come fry fowl teeth for you?

10 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by kunleweb: 1:58pm On Oct 21, 2019
Shady and unreliable

187 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by BuhariAdvocate: 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2019
Anyway this is second time i will heard yoruba name was coined by hausa people. I will make a findings about this i will not rebuke him yet.

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Guestlander: 2:02pm On Oct 21, 2019
Too much weed.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 21, 2019
What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
Afamed and t9ksy will not like this Sha.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2019
yarriba or yoruba i'm proud of them

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by googi: 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2019
Ignorance could be a debilitating disease.

FFK and those that defined him should not include YORUBA in their lexicon.

Yoruba has been in existence as a name of a people before Hausa or FULANI became aware of one another.

Amed Baba was the first that we know to put it into writing in Songhai.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Nwadiuto247: 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2019
fergie001:
Nigeria’s former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode has said that he is not Yoruba. Fani disclosed this on Twitter while stressing that the word Yoruba is alien to his culture and not known in the Anago language while revealing that the name Yoruba was derived from “Yoruba” and that it means “shady and unreliable”

Fani-Kayode in his words said the “Yoruba” is alien to his culture and not known in the Anago language while revealing that the name Yoruba was derived from “Yoruba” and that it means “shady and unreliable”.

lalasticlala mynd44

Their name truly describes them - UNRELIABLE.

103 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Otuegbe: 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2019
if this is true, then federal government should change that name Yoruba immediately. .
where is musiwa!

8 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by decatalyst(m): 2:13pm On Oct 21, 2019
One of the things a yellow hole can do to your brain

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Iamgrey5(m): 2:13pm On Oct 21, 2019
googi:
Ignorance could be a debilitating disease.

FFK and those that defined him should not include YORUBA in their lexicon.

Yoruba has been in existence as a name of a people before Hausa or FULANI became aware of one another.

Amed Baba was the first that we know to put it into writing in Songhai.
You are absolutely right

Amed Baba even had his own interpretation of Yorubas as unruly people before Hausa gave it their own interpretation.

Fulani were the last set of people to come in contact with Yorubas from the North.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Armaggedon: 2:13pm On Oct 21, 2019
He is correct. It is a known fact that the name "Yoruba" originated from Hausa/fulani's and applied only to Oyo area before British colonialism generalized it to include the rest of the Yoruba speaking people..

98 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by NGpatriot: 2:18pm On Oct 21, 2019
Cocaine is indeed a powerful drug.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by GMbuharii: 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2019
imhotep:
What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
Afamed will not like this Sha.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii

So the Fulanis gave them their name?!?!?!?!?!
Unbelievable!!!!!
The Bini people gave Eko and the Portuguese gave no man's land Lagos and the Fulanis gave the name of their tribe,chai!!!!!
No wonder theres a master/slave relationship in existence lolsssssss

So these miners got no origin!!!

grin grin grin grin grin

lzaa immhotep bastardmod adaibeku greenback

94 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Annie939(f): 2:39pm On Oct 21, 2019
FFK nawa for you ooo your kinsmen are coming for you

97 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by GMbuharii: 2:39pm On Oct 21, 2019
Onijagidijagan:
Yoruba or yoruba i'm proud of them

Yes, courtesy of your royal fulani EMIR and masters grin

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by LegendHero(m): 2:39pm On Oct 21, 2019
I have always maintained the fact that FFK is a lunatic that needs public pity rather than banter.

Attached is the original writings of the early 18th century that describes the Yoruba people even before the Dan Fodio Jihad. Most people problem is that they don't research and just regurgitate the nonsense online without reading. Only God knows how the lunatic FFK believed the Fulanis named the Yorubas and he keeps churning out the same rubbish through word of mouth.

When exacltly was the first time the Fulani came in contact with the Yorubas? Did FFK not know the first mosque was already built in Iwo in 1655 even before the Fulanis knew their way to the Oyo kingdom?

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by GMbuharii: 2:42pm On Oct 21, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Anyway this is second time i will heard yoruba name was coined by hausa people. I will make a findings about this i will rebuke him yet.

"GIRAMA no easy"

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAA...grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 21, 2019
GMbuharii:

Yes, courtesy of your royal fulani EMIR and masters grin
yamuri is a very disgusting name by hausa and fulanis

we yoruba gave you "igbo people" simply means bush people.

why are you rejoicing about?

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 21, 2019
GMbuharii:

So the Fulanis gave them their name?!?!?!?!?!
Unbelievable!!!!!
The Bini people gave Eko and the Portuguese gave no man's land Lagos and the Fulanis gave the name of their tribe,chai!!!!!
No wonder theres a master/slave relationship in existence lolsssssss

So these miners got no origin!!!

grin grin grin grin grin

lzaa immhotep bastardmod adaibeku greenback
Walahi the matter tire person

59 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:50pm On Oct 21, 2019
Yelobam moozelems will still come and attack FFK for saying the Truth.

Don't know why a so called sophisticated tribe loves to be eternal slaves to some backward people.

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by OruExpress: 2:51pm On Oct 21, 2019
I like how Nigerians talk about weed like it's a heavy narcotic lol. Even your jokes are ignorant

2 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by GMbuharii: 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2019
Onijagidijagan:

yamuri is a very disgusting name by hausa and fulanis

we yoruba gave you "igbo people" simply means bush people.

why are you rejoicing about?

E tete lo Ilorin o,e lo dobale flat fun emir,lo prostrate fun Gambari BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAA
grin grin grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by GMbuharii: 2:59pm On Oct 21, 2019
Lzaa immhotep since efrybodi izza giving them name,what did that correct Vanguard News man name them again?

Someone please remind me.......

SOPHISTICATED..... something

grin grin

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by Sirjamo: 3:01pm On Oct 21, 2019
Due to the closure of our borders, this one no longer get his daily fix of white powder from Colombia!!!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba by BlackfireX: 3:20pm On Oct 21, 2019
He is right you know....

Historically
Common sense.
Linguistically.

37 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Prediction Of 2023 Presidential Election By Deji Adeyanju / How Simon Ekpa Was Arrested In Finland / Boko Haram Insurgents Killed In Okene By Nigerian Troops (Graphic pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.