Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,830 members, 7,831,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (333770 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Hinokami: 11:44am On Sep 11, 2022
Utonwanne:
Please guys help...

I just started learning SQL and I'm using MySql Workbench.

I seem to have issues trying to create a simple table and each time I tried, I will get a syntax error message. I have watched videos but can't see what I'm doing wrong.

My code is;

Remove the comma at the end of the last line

And use integer datatype instead of number
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Utonwanne(m): 11:54am On Sep 11, 2022
Hinokami:

Remove the comma at the end of the last line

And use integer datatype instead of number

Thanks very much,
It worked!

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 6:18pm On Sep 11, 2022
Guys, I don't know if this has been touched previously...

But is anyone kind enough to share experiences on doing a cloud certification like GCP or AWS...or something like that?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lovelybobo: 11:42am On Sep 12, 2022
Kaycee54321:
Guys, I don't know if this has been touched previously...

But is anyone kind enough to share experiences on doing a cloud certification like GCP or AWS...or something like that?

Cloud computing and Edge computing is the direction of technology now. They are three major players in the cloud technology industry.
1 Amazon - AWS
2 Microsoft - Azure
3 Google - GCP

they are all good depending on your need and the kind of services you are looking at.
I have Azure certifications and they are cool.
Certifications help to validate your knowledge and skill set

Shalom!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2022
lovelybobo:

Cloud computing and Edge computing is the direction of technology now. They are three major players in the cloud technology industry.
1 Amazon - AWS
2 Microsoft - Azure
3 Google - GCP

they are all good depending on your need and the kind of services you are looking at.
I have Azure certifications and they are cool.
Certifications help to validate your knowledge and skill set

Shalom!!!!!

Thanks man...I was looking at AWS.

How much did Azure cost you?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lovelybobo: 4:05pm On Sep 12, 2022
Kaycee54321:

Thanks man...I was looking at AWS.

How much did Azure cost you?

You can do all Fundamentals certification from Microsoft for free if you attend their Virtual training. Join any of the virtual training depending on the time zone of interest. Two or three days after the training they will send a free exam voucher for that particular training.

Option 2

Check Microsoft learn for either 100% or 50% discount voucher if complete a learning within a specified time frame.

Normal cost
Fundamentals certifications = $99 maximum depending on your country. Nigeria get around $55
Associate certifications = $ 165 maximum depending on your country, Nigeria get around $80
Expert Certifications = $100 to $250 depending on the area

Link for Microsoft Virtual Training

https://mvtd.events.microsoft.com/

Shalom!!!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 5:04pm On Sep 12, 2022
lovelybobo:

You can do all Fundamentals certification from Microsoft for free if you attend their Virtual training. Join any of the virtual training depending on the time zone of interest. Two or three days after the training they will send a free exam voucher for that particular training.

Option 2

Check Microsoft learn for either 100% or 50% discount voucher if complete a learning within a specified time frame.

Normal cost
Fundamentals certifications = $99 maximum depending on your country. Nigeria get around $55
Associate certifications = $ 165 maximum depending on your country, Nigeria get around $80
Expert Certifications = $100 to $250 depending on the area

Link for Microsoft Virtual Training

https://mvtd.events.microsoft.com/

Shalom!!!!

'ppreciate man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by nisot14: 10:52pm On Sep 13, 2022
jamerflepz:
Hello Guys! Please, are there more advanced MySQL functions out there, coz I feel like I know them all.... From "ranks" to "views" to "stored procedures" to more "advanced sub-queries". I am no expert, I just wanna learn something new and different on MySQL. Searching for advanced MySQL videos on YouTube still leads me to the ones I listed above or functions on other server like postgre, Microsoft server etc.. (which I don't use). I have done and posted few sample Data Analysis projects here on nairaland. Plz Kindly view my profile and see if there are more things I need to know and Improve on. Thank you.
Boss pls, which video, site or book are you learning sql from
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by jamerflepz(m): 8:52am On Sep 14, 2022
nisot14:

Boss pls, which video, site or book are you learning sql from
There's a channel called "Full course" on YouTube . They have a 20 hrs mysql beginner to expert video. Check it out.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Oyehomie(m): 2:50pm On Sep 14, 2022
cochtrane:
I want to arrange a free SQL training for interested participants. Let me know if you are interested and depending on the number of participants we can put together a schedule.
Interested
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by samirus: 10:16am On Sep 15, 2022
Good morning guys , what kind of laptop and better specification I can get for my data analysis journey. I will be glad if I get a quick response soon .
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by headboyprince(m): 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
Hello, who knows very well about computer vision, your help is needed for a paid project
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by T4kbaba(m): 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2022
You can find this video useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jezAJ9X0P2c

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Seekhimnow: 7:49pm On Sep 19, 2022
Englishisamust:

Core 15??

Sold
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Knowbody: 8:15am On Sep 21, 2022
Please who has the AUTOMATE THE BORING STUFF with Python course ...,

I have been trying to pay with my credit card, it isn't working....

How are you guys going to help me...
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Marveaux(m): 8:22am On Sep 21, 2022
Knowbody:
Please who has the AUTOMATE THE BORING STUFF with Python course ...,

I have been trying to pay with my credit card, it isn't working....

How are you guys going to help me...
You mean the book or a course?
I have just the book
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by sabbiboi: 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2022
I don’t know who cares to hear this word of encouragement.
Learning requires time to understand, it needs your dedication and utmost focus. If you want to know something very well especially when you’re inept at the skill; it could be frustrating at times, but be steadfast and be of good courage.

Data Science can be enticing to learn, but it requires a lot of knowledge to apply in the field. It seems to be growing by the day into different technical knowledge, and you wonder is learning ever going to stop.

Ultimately, the aim is to get a job, which is kind of daunting. I wish everyone good luck.

Please if you have an information on vacancy of a data analyst, remotely preferable; paid or voluntary.
Kindly quote this post and notify me, your kindness is appreciated .

4 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by extendo: 12:09pm On Sep 24, 2022
sabbiboi:
Learning requires time to understand, it needs your dedication and utmost focus. If you want to know something very well especially when you’re inept at the skill; it could be frustrating at times, but be steadfast and be of good courage.

Data Science can be enticing to learn, but it requires a lot of knowledge to apply in the field. It seems to be growing by the day into different technical knowledge, and you wonder is learning ever going to stop.

Ultimately, the aim is to get a job, which is kind of daunting. I wish everyone good luck.

Please if you have an information on vacancy of a data analyst, remotely preferable; paid or voluntary.
Getting one's first $$$ as a data analyst can be daunting fr. On-chain (crypto) data analysis has made it easier to an extent and the major crypto data providers like FlipsideCrypto and dune.com only require SQL to query data.

Check out flipsidecrypto.xyz/earn & metricsdao.xyz for opportunities. Also, it helps to hang around crypto twitter and follow data folks on there.

5 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by sabbiboi: 8:04pm On Sep 24, 2022
extendo:

Getting one's first $$$ as a data analyst can be daunting fr. On-chain (crypto) data analysis has made it easier to an extent and the major crypto data providers like FlipsideCrypto and dune.com only require SQL to query data.

Check out flipsidecrypto.xyz/earn & metricsdao.xyz for opportunities. Also, it helps to hang around crypto twitter and follow data folks on there.

Cherry! Thank you boss.
Any further contributions is welcomed by anyone.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 9:13am On Sep 26, 2022
If you are a data analyst with more than 3yrs experience please contact me. There’s an opening with a fintech company.
You must be good in SQL.( postgreSQL)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Gokoyer1401: 12:53pm On Sep 26, 2022
Do you know R? Abeg i need help since I am stucked for days now
sabbiboi:

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by sabbiboi: 6:18pm On Sep 26, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
Do you know R? Abeg i need help since I am stucked for days now

Yes, to an extent sir

In what area are you confused?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Amoto94(m): 11:13am On Sep 27, 2022
Female Data Analyst in Abuja for a UK based company.

Salary: N300k net.

Send CV to: excellence.joshua@thetechytrain.net

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by sabbiboi: 11:16am On Sep 27, 2022
Amoto94:
Female Data Analyst in Abuja for a UK based company.

Salary: N300k net.

Send CV to: excellence.joshua@thetechytrain.net

Pls let’s keep doing this here. It gives some of us a new lease of life.

4 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by extendo: 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2022
New on-chain analytics bounty from Uniswap Foundation:
https://unigrants.notion.site/Bounty-18-Pool-Analyzer-eefb5ef5e2bf433ba53906c276d7ad43

$1500, $1000 and $500 for top 3 dashboards.
$100 for first 20 dashboards to reach a minimum score determined by the foundation.

Deadline: October 10, 2022.

See winners from previous round to know who/what you're up against:
https://twitter.com/Fly_Ams/status/1574437741802274816?t=yZ_ZRK0aCBO5RN6ncRZPlQ&s=19
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Gokoyer1401: 10:48pm On Sep 27, 2022
I have actually sorted it out. But i don't mind your insight on this;
Can I integrate R directly with Tableau for visualization? Or is it that I have to import the data to tableau directly?
sabbiboi:

Yes, to an extent sir

In what area are you confused?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by sabbiboi: 11:40pm On Sep 28, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
I have actually sorted it out. But i don't mind your insight on this;
Can I integrate R directly with Tableau for visualization? Or is it that I have to import the data to tableau directly?

I don’t have a clue

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Omotaday(m): 1:29am On Sep 29, 2022
obalala:
Yeah, Microsoft DA-100 and maybe an excel certification should be enough for starters . I have an MCSA and excel certification with over 8 online course certification from udemy
Good day sir. You inspired me to do the Google Data analytics course. I'm glad I took that step. I will like to discuss one or two things with you, do you mind if I send a dm?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kristin12: 3:15am On Sep 30, 2022
I use Streamfab Youtube downloader, recommend. https://streamfab.com/youtube-video-downloader.htm

Oospi:
Hi, please can you recommend a very good YouTube video for Excel, also a good YouTube downloader will also be highly appreciate...thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 8:44am On Oct 01, 2022
Can anyone recommend a slack channel for techies in the data space??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.