Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,844 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (331434 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Gentleman001: 7:54am On Nov 20, 2022
THEPOTTER:
please help me i've gone through some of this post but it looks alien to me. i have started learning python for data science, libraries. ideally what should be next. i dont want to study what has no bearing with data science. help me i need close marking mentorship, this my arts background is not helping biko.

Python is a awesome tool to learn, starting with it might be too ambiguous( python basic, numpy, matplot, pandas, seaborn. had to learn all these before you start working with data ). I will advise you get yourself familiar with basic but powerful tools first, if you can master these tools and the art of telling stories, then python will be fun to learn and work with. In summary, try to be a data Analysts first with adept in tools like Excel, Powerbi/tableau and SQl.
You can go through my comments, I once dropped a roadmap for all these

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 9:01pm On Nov 20, 2022
Kaycee54321:
Hi guys.

Has anyone tried integrating Power BI to a third party ERP system (one of the small local ERPs) using an API or whatever method?

Goal is to sync data on some sections of the ERP to update a BI dashboard in real time...

Cc
Ejiod
Hinokami
Raalsalghul
Cochtrane
lovelybobo

Et al.
Can’t say much. It depends on what type of ERP you are using. It’s been ages since I touched Power BI,
However if yours is dynamic or SAP,IBM or HANA that shouldn’t be an issue.
If not, I would advice you stream the data to a better database(more like staging it) then connect to your BI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 10:45pm On Nov 20, 2022
Ejiod:

It’s been ages since I touched Power BI,

Thanks Chief. What do you use for viz nowadays?
Or you've transitioned into full data engineering?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 11:38am On Nov 26, 2022
Kaycee54321:

Thanks Chief. What do you use for viz nowadays?
Or you've transitioned into full data engineering?
50% Engineering 50% Analytics

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Hinokami: 6:38pm On Nov 26, 2022
Ejiod:

50% Engineering 50% Analytics

Analytics Engineering cheesy
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by VicUkegbu(m): 8:31pm On Nov 26, 2022
silvyblaze:
Newbies should try Datacamp.. Follow their tracks

Preferably starting with and intro to Data for everyone (it's free) but other tracks are premium.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 10:14am On Nov 27, 2022
Hinokami:

Analytics Engineering cheesy
smiley
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by VicUkegbu(m): 9:15am On Nov 29, 2022
Ejiod:

smiley
Hi Ejiod

I would love to connect with you privately.. I'm at an intermediate phase of data analytics.
Can I pm you?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by maker1234567: 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2022
I have been on data science basic for a while now. Am in ph but want to move to lagos where the real action is taking place. Pls i need a temporal place to stay. Most likely an accommadation i can share with someone. Budget is around 200k.
Thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Czsamanie: 12:57am On Dec 05, 2022
maker1234567:
I have been on data science basic for a while now. Am in ph but want to move to lagos where the real action is taking place. Pls i need a temporal place to stay. Most likely an accommadation i can share with someone. Budget is around 200k.
Thanks
Same here.. Sent you a dm.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by maker1234567: 8:28am On Dec 05, 2022

Czsamanie:

Same here.. Sent you a dm.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by VicUkegbu(m): 7:15pm On Dec 06, 2022
10 DAYS OF POWER BI
This is a 10 Day program of learning the BI tool, PowerBI. Classes will be on Google Meet and Telegram for discussions. Class schedule will be shared soon. Welcome Datafam!
https:///TendaysofPowerB1
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by THEPOTTER(m): 10:08am On Dec 07, 2022
Okay sir. thanks a lot.
Gentleman001:

Python is a awesome tool to learn, starting with it might be too ambiguous( python basic, numpy, matplot, pandas, seaborn. had to learn all these before you start working with data ). I will advise you get yourself familiar with basic but powerful tools first, if you can master these tools and the art of telling stories, then python will be fun to learn and work with. In summary, try to be a data Analysts first with adept in tools like Excel, Powerbi/tableau and SQl.
You can go through my comments, I once dropped a roadmap for all these
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Rilwayne001: 11:20am On Dec 15, 2022
Hi, guys, who knows how i can merge multiple rows from different datasets together on Rstudio desktop?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Hinokami: 11:56am On Dec 15, 2022
You can just google it.

Rilwayne001:
Hi, guys, who knows how i can merge multiple rows from different datasets together on Rstudio desktop?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Rilwayne001: 2:17pm On Dec 15, 2022
Hinokami:
You can just google it.

yeah thanks. found a solution to it.

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by T4kbaba(m): 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2022
This video shows how to assign row number to items, based on item segment. Two methods used in Microsoft Excel and MySQL is also used to solve the same problem. Watch MySQL solution on the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CZ9jJLCtS0
Kindly subscribe to this channel for more interesting contents.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by HomoSapiien: 4:53pm On Dec 16, 2022
Nezzjnr:
IBM Data science professional course or Google Analytics??

I'll go with IBM though

Why?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 7:27pm On Dec 16, 2022
Ejiod, please, what's your current tool stack?

Any data engineers in the house?

Ejoor/Biko, share current tool stack (used in everyday ops not the shiny new thing on the block)

2023 is upon us...
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by T4kbaba(m): 10:19pm On Dec 19, 2022
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by avalon7(m): 10:44pm On Dec 19, 2022
HomoSapiien:

Why?

I think Google analytics teaches the course with R instead of python. Python is the go to language for data science
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Viridis(m): 10:35am On Dec 28, 2022
Is YouTube tutorials not good for leaning this thing? I once learned python on YouTube taught by one guy called mosh and it was flowing so smoothly even though I later stopped.

Since I found python easy, I want to learn data analysis, can't I find videos on YouTube?

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Hinokami: 8:25am On Dec 29, 2022
The trick is finding good tutorials learning only what is necessary to avoid information overload.

Youtube itself is the unofficial university for the self taught.

Good luck

Viridis:
Is YouTube tutorials not good for leaning this thing? I once learned python on YouTube taught by one guy called mosh and it was flowing so smoothly even though I later stopped.

Since I found python easy, I want to learn data analysis, can't I find videos on YouTube?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by abdeiz(m): 1:10pm On Jan 02, 2023
Please guys.

200k gross offer with no accommodation in ikoyi lagos

For someone who hasn't been to lagos before, what do you think?

Only pro is career growth but I'm not buying that because people have made it outside Lagos in tech
What do you guys think?

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ella2000: 2:28am On Jan 03, 2023
Hello all. I tried paying for the Microsoft Power BI DA exam, and chose Nigeria as my location. However, the platform did not accept my USD card. A friend of mine tried helping me pay from Canada but it didn’t work. I’m thinking it’s because I chose Nigeria as my location. However, if i choose USA or Canada, the cost of the exam doubles. Kindly advise.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Lemken: 2:59am On Jan 03, 2023
Go to UBA to get the UBA dollar card. The caveat is that you need to purchase USD locally from the Abokis. I used that for my AWS data analytics specialty exam.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by dkdmy: 4:57am On Jan 03, 2023
Ella2000:
Hello all. I tried paying for the Microsoft Power BI DA exam, and chose Nigeria as my location. However, the platform did not accept my USD card. A friend of mine tried helping me pay from Canada but it didn’t work. I’m thinking it’s because I chose Nigeria as my location. However, if i choose USA or Canada, the cost of the exam doubles. Kindly advise.

Just locate any Pearson VUE exam center, they can help you make the payment.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Samuell2019(m): 7:35am On Jan 03, 2023
abdeiz:
Please guys.

200k gross offer with no accommodation in ikoyi lagos

For someone who hasn't been to lagos before, what do you think?

Only pro is career growth but I'm not buying that because people have made it outside Lagos in tech
What do you guys think?

In the end, it depends on you and what you want.

If you decide to go,

You'll need somewhere to settle in at first (if you have a friend or relative staying around Lekki, then great). If they're not on the island, then you're in for the Lagos life of leaving home as early as 5-5:30am daily.

Rent is quite expensive on the island, but there's shared apartments that may ease your rent when you decide to move to your own place.

It would have been great if your office provided accommodation. You can still ask them for accommodation or to help with part of your rent since you're relocating.

Finally, I think risks are meant to be taken. If you're not doing anything right now, you should consider it.

Do have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ella2000: 9:29am On Jan 03, 2023
dkdmy:

Just locate any Pearson VUE exam center, they can help you make the payment.

Thank you. Will I be able to do the exam at home?

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Hinokami: 10:08am On Jan 03, 2023
Thank you so much. I am on the verge of getting another offer with similar pay in the North. So I am not going to Lagos anymore. Beauty of being in Tech.

Samuell2019:

In the end, it depends on you and what you want.

If you decide to go,

You'll need somewhere to settle in at first (if you have a friend or relative staying around Lekki, then great). If they're not on the island, then you're in for the Lagos life of leaving home as early as 5-5:30am daily.

Rent is quite expensive on the island, but there's shared apartments that may ease your rent when you decide to move to your own place.

It would have been great if your office provided accommodation. You can still ask them for accommodation or to help with part of your rent since you're relocating.

Finally, I think risks are meant to be taken. If you're not doing anything right now, you should consider it.

Do have a nice day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by dkdmy: 12:58pm On Jan 03, 2023
Ella2000:

Thank you. Will I be able to do the exam at home?

I highly doubt that.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Heyf: 1:44pm On Jan 04, 2023
For those looking for physical classes in Lagos

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.