Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (331502 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Hinokami: 5:00pm On Oct 20, 2022
You have to download it
It need the framework to work and its missing
nnofaith:
The error code
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by nnofaith: 5:07pm On Oct 20, 2022
Hinokami:
You have to download it
downloaded the framework and the system did not allow me install, that a higher version of the framework is already installed.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by nnofaith: 5:23pm On Oct 20, 2022
Hinokami:
You have to download it
You are right, I am downloading it right now, and it looks like it's working. Thanks. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Eggovic: 9:24am On Oct 21, 2022
nnofaith:
The error code
Try googling this error and see how other people fixed the problem.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by nnofaith: 9:40am On Oct 21, 2022
Eggovic:

Try googling this error and see how other people fixed the problem.
I downloaded the .NET Framework and was able to install the Power bi easily. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by eemjay17(m): 11:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
Chai....I missed this message. I don't mind still joining if possible.
Can I send a mail too?
cochtrane:

Hey guys,
So, just following up on this post. We'll hold one class next week Saturday on 15th Oct. If you are interested, send me an email and I'll add you to the address list. Hopefully we can get something going here, if there's enough interest. Likely going to be a two-day class introducing SQL, writing some queries , and then doing some SQL leetcode.

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by colstonshae: 6:51am On Oct 24, 2022
dcfed
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Sommie2012: 6:05pm On Oct 24, 2022
Hi cochtrane, please I just sent you an email. I don't know if its too late to join your group pls...

Hey guys,
So, just following up on this post. We'll hold one class next week Saturday on 15th Oct. If you are interested, send me an email and I'll add you to the address list. Hopefully we can get something going here, if there's enough interest. Likely going to be a two-day class introducing SQL, writing some queries , and then doing some SQL leetcode.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Eggovic: 12:42pm On Oct 26, 2022
nnofaith:
I downloaded the .NET Framework and was able to install the Power bi easily. Thanks.
you're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaybee7000(m): 6:57am On Nov 02, 2022
this place too dry! How una dey my bosses in the house,any update about improvment on data analysis or science?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by gabemuyi: 12:13pm On Nov 02, 2022
Jobs jobs where are the jobs?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by dbestuncle: 12:46pm On Nov 02, 2022
I am interested, can someone welcome me here. I really need this pls
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by DevilsEqual(m): 3:51pm On Nov 02, 2022
bunnae:
Thanks at Ejiod. I am an msc student currently writimg my thesis. But right now i sort of regret going for the msc. If i had known earlier i would have learnt programming a long time ago. i am interested in data science and right now i am almost done learning sql. I use codecademy and w3schools to learn. I hope to learn more from you and follow your steps in improving myself. Thanks

Hello ma, how was your journey into the DATA analysis world
i am just about to start
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 7:45pm On Nov 02, 2022
Transitioning to a bigger part of Data.

Another thread loading!!

11 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by DevilsEqual(m): 7:10pm On Nov 03, 2022
IceColdVeins:
Kashif! its in .pdf

I would like to get this....i am just about to start this

timothymoses689@gmail.com
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by TastyFriedPussy: 7:05am On Nov 05, 2022
Emmaway:
So, I'm studying computer science, I have good interest in Python because of how powerful it is and its numerous applications.

But it's really hard to get off the ground, (procrastination I guess). I've got some books on the basics, some videos tutorials too, but still feeling reluctant.

Your story has fueled my enthusiasm, I think it's time I start something.
bro I'm so curious to see what you ended up doing. I went through your recent posts and I saw you were no longer doing anything related to programming. grin how far naa?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by silvyblaze(f): 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2022
Newbies should try Datacamp.. Follow their tracks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by extendo: 2:22pm On Nov 07, 2022
Over the weekend I analyzed $NEAR swap outflow for https://metricsdao.xyz using data provided by https://app.flipsidecrypto.com/

Check out my dashboard:
https://app.flipsidecrypto.com/dashboard/near-swap-outflow-ABXQ0E

For anybody looking to get started with crypto analytics, MetricsDAO have a free web3 analytics 101 course: https://blog.metricsdao.xyz/101/
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Klass99(f): 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2022
smiley
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kelechi009: 2:37pm On Nov 09, 2022
Klass99:

The answer is simple, professional masters or professional certifications teach you the Skills you actually need in that profession. Academic teaching from Masters of science focuses too much on academia which doesn't solve any real life problems but make the academic staff happy. Writing 20,000 page thesis of how you built a Face Recognition Software when It can just be a simple Article of concise 1000 words . So at the end of your masters programme, you come to the job market & you become useless because all you have learnt is how to write a proper thesis & impress your professors but have merely any real life professional skills needed for your career. So you often find people who graduate with distinctions in their masters struggling to find jobs despite their good grades.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Klass99(f): 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2022
cheesy wink
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by d313: 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2022
extendo:
Over the weekend I analyzed $NEAR swap outflow for https://metricsdao.xyz using data provided by https://app.flipsidecrypto.com/

Check out my dashboard:
https://app.flipsidecrypto.com/dashboard/near-swap-outflow-ABXQ0E

For anybody looking to get started with crypto analytics, MetricsDAO have a free web3 analytics 101 course: https://blog.metricsdao.xyz/101/
Thanks for this info sir, I've just applied for the course.
But I must admit this web3 analytics is both fascinating and intimidating, understanding those tables, nested queries and all
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Gokoyer1401: 10:04pm On Nov 10, 2022
Who can populate my udemy account with data related and its coding courses?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nezzjnr: 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2022
IBM Data science professional course or Google Analytics??

I'll go with IBM though
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2022
Hi guys.

Has anyone tried integrating Power BI to a third party ERP system (one of the small local ERPs) using an API or whatever method?

Goal is to sync data on some sections of the ERP to update a BI dashboard in real time...

Cc
Ejiod
Hinokami
Raalsalghul
Cochtrane
lovelybobo

Et al.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Singingbae(m): 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kelechi009:

The answer is simple, professional masters or professional certifications teach you the Skills you actually need in that profession. Academic teaching from Masters of science focuses too much on academia which doesn't solve any real life problems but make the academic staff happy. Writing 20,000 page thesis of how you built a Face Recognition Software when It can just be a simple Article of concise 1000 words . So at the end of your masters programme, you come to the job market & you become useless because all you have learnt is how to write a proper thesis & impress your professors but have merely any real life professional skills needed for your career. So you often find people who graduate with distinctions in their masters struggling to find jobs despite their good grades.
I do agree with you but I feel the academia about Data Science is not widely or lemme say, not given the credits it should be. We building the models, we just import the different libraries like the sklearn, pandas and all. We don’t avtually know what’s happening back end. Taking the Machine Learning Specialization course by Prof Andrew NG made me understand how the LinearRegression library works to get the .coef_ and .intercept_ and how to codes it.

Academia can teach you these things and it’s a plus tho. Just my one cent
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Singingbae(m): 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kaycee54321:
Hi guys.

Has anyone tried integrating Power BI to a third party ERP system (one of the small local ERPs) using an API or whatever method?

Goal is to sync data on some sections of the ERP to update a BI dashboard in real time...

Cc
Ejiod
Hinokami
Raalsalghul
Cochtrane
lovelybobo

Et al.

SOrry, but does that ERP have a database? I think try getting the database that ERP sync too first
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 11:03pm On Nov 18, 2022
Singingbae:

SOrry, but does that ERP have a database? I think try getting the database that ERP sync too first

Yeah...it does have a database. The ERP was designed by some externals who are in charge of the DB.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Singingbae(m): 12:32am On Nov 19, 2022
Kaycee54321:

Yeah...it does have a database. The ERP was designed by some externals who are in charge of the DB.

What’s the name of the dB? Try to connect it to powerbi
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 9:14am On Nov 19, 2022
Singingbae:

What’s the name of the dB? Try to connect it to powerbi

I actually have no idea. Thing is, the externals that created the ERP were told to sync it with power Bi. I was just wondering the approach they'd use cos it was looking like a full blown project for something I thought should be pretty straightforward...

Thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by AnthCunny(m): 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2022
Hello everyone. Please who knows any alternative to paying for AWS when opening an account. My Keystone bank Master Card is not working.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by THEPOTTER(m): 3:15am On Nov 20, 2022
please help me i've gone through some of this post but it looks alien to me. i have started learning python for data science, libraries. ideally what should be next. i dont want to study what has no bearing with data science. help me i need close marking mentorship, this my arts background is not helping biko.

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.