Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,543 members, 7,837,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Adoption In Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adoption In Nigeria (2706 Views)

Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. / Is There No Legal Way Of Child Adoption In Nigeria?? / Please How Do I Go About Adoption In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adoption In Nigeria by esecy(m): 2:55pm On May 21, 2007
i need information on adopting a child in Nigeria, specifically Edo state if there are differences in state. i would appreciate all posts.

1 Like

Re: Adoption In Nigeria by RichyBlacK(m): 4:04am On Dec 15, 2007
I also need information on adopting a child in Nigeria, specifically Akwa Ibom state. Any ideas/tips/info would be much appreciated.
Re: Adoption In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 9:59pm On Dec 16, 2007
1.Go to the State social welfare/service office and fill a form.
2.Visit orphanages and see if u wud spot a baby that u like.
3.Inform the orphanage of ur intentions.
4.Fill a form with the Orphanage,take a copy to the social welfare.
5.Shuttling back and forth from social welfare to orphanage,lots of questions are asked,ur person is investigated . . . bla bla.
6.If you qualify and pass both social welfare and orphanage criteria,the baby is urs
NOTE:Most homes only give children below 4 years up for adoption,likewise some homes asks for a token others don't.

1 Like

Re: Adoption In Nigeria by BigSis(f): 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2007
Ifya,

It would seem like there could be room for abuse. I mean it would appear that this could be a good 419 con. You know take folks money. Then pretend the child is cared for properly and take the child back, to be sold to the next person.
Re: Adoption In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 10:33am On Dec 22, 2007
BigSis:

Ifya,

It would seem like there could be room for abuse. I mean it would appear that this could be a good 419 con. You know take folks money. Then pretend the child is cared for properly and take the child back, to be sold to the next person.
Can't speak for every home in Niaja but I know quite a few that DO not ask for money BUT make it very clear to you that they are monitoring the child.If along the line they notice that the child is not well cared for(used as child slave,abused physically etc),they wud invite you for talks and If there are no positive change,they wud ask u to return the child.
Like everything . . .even this check is not foolproof.

(1) (Reply)

Changed / At What Age Should A Baby Stop Being Unclad / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.