Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,334 members, 7,836,401 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates (21734 Views)

UNIPORT VC Asks Aides To Take Details Of Student Who Dressed "Indecently" / UNIPORT VC, Prof. Georgewill To Deliver Keynote Address At 2021 Igberetv Awards / Nemitari Ajienka Is The Son Of Joseph Atubokiki Ajienka, Ex UNIPORT VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2019
Ok. It is noted.
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Nwachineke1980: 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2019
A case that Uniport lost in the high court, I wonder why some Nigerians see themselves as a god?
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by nauto5: 5:41pm On Oct 22, 2019
Character and learning
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Pstjoel(m): 5:41pm On Oct 22, 2019
Better for him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Jafar1: 5:43pm On Oct 22, 2019
ridwan006:
What he did is right!!!! Nonesense Nigerian students

What are u saying?

After 4 to 5 years in university, students should be denied certificate simply because they paid one session school fees late?

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by fergie001: 5:44pm On Oct 22, 2019
Prof. Lale will win this case.

First hand witness of something like this.
They should just go and beg, that's all.
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by fergie001: 5:44pm On Oct 22, 2019
Jafar1:

What are u saying?

After 4 to 5 years in university, students should be denied certificate simply because they paid one session school fees late?
If it's a University Senate decision, there is nothing even the HoR can do than appeal.
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 22, 2019
Good one

The festive season is here again, we ship, procure and pay for your goods from China and USA to Nigeria.Check siggy
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:47pm On Oct 22, 2019
that VC is something else....he is the alpa and omega in that school and i feel for the staffs.....he forgets next year he will step aside for a new VC, i wonder what will become of him then..power really intoxicate this man....May God never let that school have this kind of VC again!
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by naijadrivablog: 5:48pm On Oct 22, 2019
And my younger brother was one of the VC's son's classmate.

angry

In Uniport, that position is not by merit, it is only for lecturer/Professors from Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Mcdaniels06: 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2019
Well, the truth of the matter is that the late payment truncated the institution to collate and submit the names of graduates to NYSC scheme, i assume that before the final verification of tuition fees payments was made, it was already late to send the names for NYSC mobilization.
If there was any other ulterior motives, that remains between the VC, the Institution and The Most High. For now, they didn't pay the fees on time, that was why they weren't cleared for NYSC mobiliztion, and it's ethical to say the least, that would also happen anywhere in the world. Harvard won't graduate you if you don't pay their fees as at when due.

Meanwhile, I have other news for you, hustlers in the house.

It's cool to have a job with a steady income, but it's better you have a side business opportunity that will fetch you the income that will make you wealthy while your job caters for the day to day expenses that is always there, and also in-case the Job employment isn't coming on time. for this purpose if you message me quick on Whatsapp, I will introduce you to a very Lucrative Business Opportunity in Real Estate, which you can do anywhere you are in the world and make good money for yourself, with just a little commitment obviously to register and be identified as an Independent Consultant with our Illustrious Company here in Lagos, Nigeria. 07031201057. i'll be expecting your message as soon as possible, there's no harm in trying, and i know the sky is your beginning if you do.

Great day ahead.
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by ikcid: 5:50pm On Oct 22, 2019
Stupid idiot... That was how one came to my office the other day and sat where he wasn't supposed to. I told him "Sir please, can you take the other seat as the one you sat on was specifically for client counselling". The idiot started raining fire and thunder that I can't refer to him as a "SIR" that I should call him PROF. Damn! How is calling one sir belittling??

Foolish Professor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Shakaranews2: 5:50pm On Oct 22, 2019
Don't know what they gain from being mean though.
Meanwhile, meet the cutest teenage kid in Nollywood, you would love her after watching this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apwdDuM67ew
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by fergie001: 5:50pm On Oct 22, 2019
naijadrivablog:
And my younger brother was one of the VC's son's classmate.

angry

In Uniport, that position is not by merit, it is only for lecturer/Professors from Rivers State.
Reminds me of FUTO grin
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 22, 2019
MisterGrace:
Stupid professor. I used to think highly of professors until few of my friends in the academic community attained the position.

These guys I knew from time past and we even sit sometimes to hangout, nothing exceptional about "some" of them.

Some of them make ceremonies out of nothing just because they are called professors.

No hate intended.

Serious hating here! No pun intended.

And to the VC, power they say corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by webngnews: 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2019
Wicked
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by anienge001: 6:00pm On Oct 22, 2019
RenHub:
Wickedness of highest order.
Same men that rioted cos of reduction in size of chicken in their days would rusticate you for protesting against inhuman treatments from university officials. Even porters are like gods on campuses. Too too bad. I guess its all a ploy of the system though.

Are you a small shop owner?
Is the epileptic power supply from the national grid your greatest bane?

If yes, then contact us today via the below signature for highly efficient and durable solar plans to gain full Autonomy of upto 16hrs daily for your businesses and homes at an extremely reasonable cost.

Payment after delivery nationwide

Do you have a solar powered system that can run A/C? If yes, would it be regular AC system or special one made for solar power?
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Forcados1: 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2019
Rubbish system

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by subcbouy: 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2019
nick50:
He will still bribe his way out, no be naija we dey?
na yhu wan kolet d bribe?
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Jesuspikin8: 6:13pm On Oct 22, 2019
MisterGrace:
Stupid professor. I used to think highly of professors until few of my friends in the academic community attained the position.

These guys I knew from time past and we even sit sometimes to hangout, nothing exceptional about "some" of them.

Some of them make ceremonies out of nothing just because they are called professors.

No hate intended.

There was no hate intended until you said "no hate intended".

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by ezewealth(m): 6:14pm On Oct 22, 2019
ikcid:
Stupid idiot... That was how one came to my office the other day and sat where he wasn't supposed to. I told him "Sir please, can you take the other seat as the one you sat on was specifically for client counselling". The idiot started raining fire and thunder that I can't refer to him as a "SIR" that I should call him PROF. Damn! How is calling one sir belittling??

Foolish Professor
Na those ppl way get prof by politics, my HOD back in sch, no even get one manual to his name, shameful man dat sells textbooks written by other profs. If u mistakenly call him sir, u are in soup
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by subcbouy: 6:16pm On Oct 22, 2019
fergie001:

If it's a University Senate decision, there is nothing even the HoR can do than appeal.
Nigeria's constitution override senate decision.
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Sleevia: 6:26pm On Oct 22, 2019
RenHub:
Wickedness of highest order.
Same men that rioted cos of reduction in size of chicken in their days would rusticate you for protesting against inhuman treatments from university officials. Even porters are like gods on campuses. Too too bad. I guess its all a ploy of the system though.

Are you a small shop owner?
Is the epileptic power supply from the national grid your greatest bane?

If yes, then contact us today via the below signature for highly efficient and durable solar plans to gain full Autonomy of upto 16hrs daily for your businesses and homes at an extremely reasonable cost.

Payment after delivery nationwide

An average Nigerian is a SARS. Wicked and power drug.
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by fergie001: 6:28pm On Oct 22, 2019
subcbouy:
Nigeria's constitution override senate decision.
What does the Nigeria. Constitution say on disobeying University Senate decision?

Does it counter the Nigerian Constitution?

I am not saying its right,but have been in a similar case in a Federal University in this country.

It is good they reported, legs will come in, calls will go through, and reasons will be seen.

Any sanction(s) for Lale?
No, especially, if it's a Univ backed Senate decision.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by ikcid: 7:04pm On Oct 22, 2019
ezewealth:

Na those ppl way get prof by politics, my HOD back in sch, no even get one manual to his name, shameful man dat sells textbooks written by other profs. If u mistakenly call him sir, u are in soup
Can you imagine?? May God help students that pass under such insensitive set of people.
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by mechanics(m): 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2019
He's a wicked man.
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by RenHub: 7:13pm On Oct 22, 2019
anienge001:

Do you have a solar powered system that can run A/C? If yes, would it be regular AC system or special one made for solar power?

Pm me via my signature
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Sunsets: 7:23pm On Oct 22, 2019
Why don't you ask them to pay extra for late payment. Haba.
Mophasa:
The House Representatives Committee on Public Petition has asked the Vice-Chancellor of the University Of Port Harcourt to appear before it to answer questions over the petition written against him by some graduates of the institution.

The One thousand, two hundred and twenty-seven graduates’ had on the 18th of August petitioned Prof. Ndowa Lale, Uniport’s Vice-Chancellor and the university to the House of Representatives for the refusal of the institution to mobilize them for national youth service.

The petition was sent to the House of Representatives through Hon. Engr. Solomon Adaelu, member representing Obingwa, Osisioma and Ugwunagbo Federal Constituency who presented and submitted to the House of Representatives on Thursday.

The graduates said the school is withholding their Degree Certificates and refusing to mobilize them for the compulsory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) because they paid their final year school fees late.

https://www.viewsnaija.com/2019/10/uniport-vc-lale-to-appear-before-reps.html?m=1

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by ultimatekint(m): 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2019
I remember Professor Adisa of National Open University Ibadan Study Center, Oloriburuku Professor. He sacked workers, rendered students useless.
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Juliearth(f): 9:00pm On Oct 22, 2019
EXLOVER:
Lecturers in this country are very selfish, they never want any student to be better than them, they see themselves are a demi god. Some of them are very dumb, there was a time a lecturer gave us a manual to read, I checked on the internet and i notice it was written by a final year student of another university, she copied it word for word. They don't stress themselves, they just wait to receive their pay check, how can you come to class twice in a whole semester?

I remember when i lecturer was having a lecture during my year one, he was seeing everyone as a novice, so he ask if anyone has a question, I ask him a very technical but easy question, till tomorrow student call that lecturers my time is up already i would have answer you question.

The sad truth is that most of our lecturers are half-baked and not qualified to lecture, most of them plagiarise in wreckless abandon and those who don't use their UG notes to lecture... If the FG is to weed out these bad Eggs, I am sure a lot of vacancies would be created. Even if the FG pumps in all the resources needed to revamp our Universities, there won't be any change( except the fact that the lecturers will grow fatter, buy cars and houses...) because our lecturers don't have what it takes to compete/deliver like their counterparts in other countries.
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by EXLOVER(m): 9:04pm On Oct 22, 2019
Juliearth:

The sad truth is that most of our lecturers are half-baked and not qualified to lecture, most of them plagiarise in wreckless abandon and those who don't use their UG notes to lecture... If the FG is to weed out these bad Eggs, I am sure a lot of vacancies would be created. Even if the FG pumps in all the resources needed to revamp our Universities, there won't be any change( except the fact that the lecturers will grow fatter, buy cars and houses...) because our lecturers don't have what it takes to compete/deliver like their counterparts in other countries.
True talk beauty.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Undergraduate Course Of Study Really Matter? / Unizik Admission Status Is Fully Out. No More Admission Is Still In Progress For Admitted Ones / UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.