Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates (21707 Views)

UNIPORT VC Asks Aides To Take Details Of Student Who Dressed "Indecently" / UNIPORT VC, Prof. Georgewill To Deliver Keynote Address At 2021 Igberetv Awards / Nemitari Ajienka Is The Son Of Joseph Atubokiki Ajienka, Ex UNIPORT VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Mophasa(m): 1:41pm On Oct 22, 2019
The House Representatives Committee on Public Petition has asked the Vice-Chancellor of the University Of Port Harcourt to appear before it to answer questions over the petition written against him by some graduates of the institution.

The One thousand, two hundred and twenty-seven graduates’ had on the 18th of August petitioned Prof. Ndowa Lale, Uniport’s Vice-Chancellor and the university to the House of Representatives for the refusal of the institution to mobilize them for national youth service.

The petition was sent to the House of Representatives through Hon. Engr. Solomon Adaelu, member representing Obingwa, Osisioma and Ugwunagbo Federal Constituency who presented and submitted to the House of Representatives on Thursday.

The graduates said the school is withholding their Degree Certificates and refusing to mobilize them for the compulsory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) because they paid their final year school fees late.

https://www.viewsnaija.com/2019/10/uniport-vc-lale-to-appear-before-reps.html?m=1

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by RenHub: 5:34pm On Oct 22, 2019
Wickedness of highest order.
Same men that rioted cos of reduction in size of chicken in their days would rusticate you for protesting against inhuman treatments from university officials. Even porters are like gods on campuses. Too too bad. I guess its all a ploy of the system though.

Are you a small shop owner?
Is the epileptic power supply from the national grid your greatest bane?

If yes, then contact us today via the below signature for highly efficient and durable solar plans to gain full Autonomy of upto 16hrs daily for your businesses and homes at an extremely reasonable cost.

Payment after delivery nationwide

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by EXLOVER(m): 5:34pm On Oct 22, 2019
Lecturers in this country are very selfish, they never want any student to be better than them, they see themselves are a demi god. Some of them are very dumb, there was a time a lecturer gave us a manual to read, I checked on the internet and i notice it was written by a final year student of another university, she copied it word for word. They don't stress themselves, they just wait to receive their pay check, how can you come to class twice in a whole semester?

I remember when i lecturer was having a lecture during my year one, he was seeing everyone as a novice, so he ask if anyone has a question, I ask him a very technical but easy question, till tomorrow student call that lecturers my time is up already i would have answer you question.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by joedams: 5:34pm On Oct 22, 2019
It is only in Naija public higher institutions that this nonsense happens. Private universities and other schools abroad hand students their degree certificates on Convocation day, which is usually like two months after graduation. But because corruption, disorderliness and laziness is the order of the day, most graduates of public universities would have to wait 3 to 5 years to get their certificates. This country tire me, biko. embarassed embarassed

9 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Muyiwaipere(m): 5:35pm On Oct 22, 2019
Him go use English clear himself

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by honestivo(m): 5:35pm On Oct 22, 2019
Finally our reps are now working for the interest of the people

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by MisterGrace: 5:35pm On Oct 22, 2019
Stupid professor. I used to think highly of professors until few of my friends in the academic community attained the position.

These guys I knew from time past and we even sit sometimes to hangout, nothing exceptional about "some" of them.

Some of them make ceremonies out of nothing just because they are called professors.

No hate intended.

33 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Eddygourdo(m): 5:35pm On Oct 22, 2019
The VC has no statutory right based on the stated facts to withhold their certificates.

However unless he can prove a disciplinary issue. He will be thrashed at the hearing

12 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Freemanbobble: 5:36pm On Oct 22, 2019
Okay
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by uchelouis45(m): 5:36pm On Oct 22, 2019
H

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by ursullalinda(f): 5:36pm On Oct 22, 2019
Lectures seem to go to a particular school where wickedness is being taught.... why toy with people's future....it could be your child

6 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by MountainView: 5:36pm On Oct 22, 2019
Checking on his excesses
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by abeloureal(m): 5:36pm On Oct 22, 2019
Late? Not that they did not even pay. He needs spanking

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by BUSHHUNTER: 5:36pm On Oct 22, 2019
Everything is upside down in this country

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by sylve11: 5:36pm On Oct 22, 2019
ok, we are waiting for the vice chancellor version of the story. cool

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by ridwan006(m): 5:37pm On Oct 22, 2019
Rubbish!!!!!
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by baby124: 5:37pm On Oct 22, 2019
So much wickedness and these sorts probably went to school in Nigeria when it was almost free. I don’t know what makes people in position of power lose all their humanity. These people paid, why are you a sadist? He should be sacked pease. Everybody de form god for work. Even gateman. Rubbish.

7 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by dexcira(f): 5:37pm On Oct 22, 2019
1,227 graduates shocked. All those saddist in schools.
Check my signature for landed properties in ibeju lekki(600k), Ajah,sangatedo etc.

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by donnie(m): 5:37pm On Oct 22, 2019
good for him
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by OpinionCounts(m): 5:37pm On Oct 22, 2019
If this is true as presented by the affected students then that VC should not only be mandated to release their certificates, but should also be relieved of that position immediately.

He is a total shame to himself and his entire generation. I don't know how dimwits like this got into positions of authority.

8 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by ridwan006(m): 5:38pm On Oct 22, 2019
What he did is right!!!! Nonesense Nigerian students

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Numerouno94(m): 5:38pm On Oct 22, 2019
grin
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Surefire1: 5:38pm On Oct 22, 2019
I love this more to come. A school were you will be told to pay school fees twice for a session. If you know you know. UNIPORT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by 24kmagic: 5:38pm On Oct 22, 2019
Following
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by ruggedtimi(m): 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2019
wicked set of ASUU members
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by nick50(m): 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2019
He will still bribe his way out, no be naija we dey?
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Jafar1: 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2019
J
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by PureGoldh(m): 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2019
As e dey hOt
Re: House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates by Ayoswit(f): 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2019
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driver Loses Control In FUTO, Jumps A Gutter (Photos) / Ozibo Ekele Graduates With First Class In History From University Of Ibadan / UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.