Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments (1568 Views)

Border Closure: List Made In Nigeria Products / Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars / Sayyu Dantata Flying His $2m Helicopter To His Office (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by Ravon: 10:02pm On Oct 22, 2019
Kasapreko Company Limited, is the manufacturer of Alomo Bitters, a beverage widely consumed by Nigerians. The company is also Ghana’s largest local beverage manufacturer. It has lost about $2 million in revenue following the border closure by the Nigeria government.

This was made known in by Francis Holly Adzah, Kasapreko’s Head of International Business Development when he stated in an interview with a Ghanaian news website, JoyBusiness that they have lost about $2 million in revenue following the action of the Federal Government of Nigeria to close borders with neighbouring countries.

The beverage company according to the report was able to transport three trucks before the border closure. But now, the company has exhausted its products in the Nigerian market.

“[We] managed to send in three trucks of products to the Nigerian market moments before the border was closed,” Adzah said.

Four other trucks loaded with products, one at the border and the others at the premises of the manufacturing company, have been left grounded due to the border closure by Nigeria, according to report.

“In September, we lost $1 million to the closure. October is almost ended and our checks show a loss of another million dollars. The situation is getting out of hand and very serious,” Adzah told JoyBusiness in an exclusive interview.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/10/22/we-have-lost-2m-already-to-border-closure-ghanaian-alomo-bitters-manufacturer-laments/

Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by emeijeh(m): 10:03pm On Oct 22, 2019
Ghana must go!
Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by viceddy95(m): 10:05pm On Oct 22, 2019
All those niggis taking this herb,to enhance their sexual performance,,e don red be that for them oo. cheesy cheesy(from 1hr to 35secs grin)

5 Likes

Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by obi4eze(m): 10:09pm On Oct 22, 2019
undecided
Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by Abfinest007(m): 10:10pm On Oct 22, 2019
u are not a true business man since the boarder is closed,is air close too

3 Likes

Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by netpro(m): 10:19pm On Oct 22, 2019
They should ship through our Ports and stop smuggling in trucks of products like criminals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by kokoA(m): 10:25pm On Oct 22, 2019
Consume your poison by yourself. Our orijin bitters is good enough for us.
Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by IkalaiyeLOTO: 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2019
viceddy95:
All those niggis taking this herb,to enhance their sexual performance,,e don red be that for them oo. cheesy cheesy(from 1hr to 35secs grin)

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by Area4Area: 10:27pm On Oct 22, 2019
viceddy95:
Nooo, many have gone for Action bitters, at least I have a friend who lamented weeks back that he couldn't get Alomo anywhere in the corner shops or market, he's moved on to Action and he even said he doesn't think he'd go back to Alomo even when it comes back.
I don't even know why he dislikes beer

2 Likes

Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by leokid866: 10:29pm On Oct 22, 2019
There are set rules for goods coming in through the border in terms of packaging, adjust accordingly if you want to do business and stop letting money and good bitters go to waste....
Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by subtlemee(f): 10:29pm On Oct 22, 2019
If it is for this ones let the border forever remain close so our Guys liver and kidney can be saved
Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by Area4Area: 10:32pm On Oct 22, 2019
leokid866:
There are set rules for goods coming in through the border in terms of packaging, adjust accordingly if you want to do business and stop letting money and good bitters go to waste....
They don't know what business is all about, they better use the seaport before Nigerians lose taste of their drink just like my friend
Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by gloriaunobi(f): 11:06pm On Oct 22, 2019
We don't even need that stuff here in Nigeria they should look for another country else we have all the bitters that we can handle., Aso bitters
Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by Mightyhaiz: 11:16pm On Oct 22, 2019
I remember that year when I take alomo do things...
Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by chinjo(m): 11:55pm On Oct 22, 2019
We have origin and action bitters in Nigeria. Ghanaians should consume their Alomo bitters. Nonsense. Nigeria is not a dumping ground. If you want to sell in Nigeria, ship it in through the sea simple.
Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 22, 2019
$2m in two months...Most of these our neighbouring countries are making money from our heads. Imagine a local beverage manufacturer from Ghana making such huge amount of cash on our heads and yet their citizens will have mouths to insult us and plan to attack Nigerians on their soil.
SMH.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by generationz(f): 12:17am On Oct 23, 2019
Ghanaians should come and kneel and beg us.

They should also agree that Nigerian Jollof is better than Ghana Jollof then we will talk to our president. grin grin
Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by Vixlot: 12:22am On Oct 23, 2019
It is very simple, ship your products to Nigeria
Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by RTSC: 1:38am On Oct 23, 2019
And many people have hepatitis unknowingly, and yet they keep popping alomo bitters, alcohol and agbo Jedi.

Too bad.
Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by OlujobaSamuel: 1:48am On Oct 23, 2019
$2m?
On top drink wey no dey dominant for market again?
Dangote, How much so far on cement export to Ghana o?
He go don reach like $15m
Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by Laren24(m): 2:58am On Oct 23, 2019
generationz:

Ghanaians should come and kneel and beg us.

They should also agree that Nigerian Jollof is better than Jollof then we will talk to our president. grin grin
Bro you funny and wicked o, Biko be forgiving.
Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by viceddy95(m): 8:43am On Oct 23, 2019
Area4Area:
Nooo, many have gone for Action bitters, at least I have a friend who lamented weeks back that he couldn't get Alomo anywhere in the corner shops or market, he's moved on to Action and he even said he doesn't think he'd go back to Alomo even when it comes back.
I don't even know why he dislikes beer
I tire for some guys,,nothing like beer,,take like 2 or 3 bottles of Heineken and you are good to go, fire down till your mind tells you to stop before somebody die on top... cheesy
Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by viceddy95(m): 8:46am On Oct 23, 2019
gloriaunobi:
We don't even need that stuff here in Nigeria they should look for another country else we have all the bitters that we can handle., Aso bitters
It seems your guy don use the thing fire down on you cheesy cheesy na joke I dy oo
Re: We Have Lost $2m Already To Border Closure – Alomo Bitters Manufacturer Laments by jeyselassie(m): 2:30am On Oct 24, 2019
First and foremost if you take alomo you will know that there's a difference between it and the local ones produced. Alomo goes through thorough research before it is produced and its truly medicinal as It cleanses the system. ghana has serious rules when it comes to alcohol production. When I first took alomo I stopped taking local products because I discovered they are just crap. I'm a Nigerian and don't intend bashing brands but many of the Nigerian products we take are just chemicals and why will you keep taking something if it has no medical benefit. You need to actually visit the places many of these product are produced. And why can't alomo think of expanding their production line to Nigeria rather that continue exportation?

(1) (Reply)

What Can I Do To Earn Income Using My Laptop / N100,000 Support For A New And A Genuine Business Plan / Partner With Pect Global Ltd And Dscommunity For Seminars Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.