Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,107 members, 7,835,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) (44648 Views)

NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines / Telcos To Block Millions From Mobile Banking Over Banks Debt / We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Excuzeme: 11:51pm On Oct 22, 2019
post=83379308:
Something must give way

Yes o, something has to give!
This conspiracy between the Buhari APC Govt and Banks, led by Emefiele of the CBN has to be resisted and done very quickly!
Imagine Zenith charging me #52+ every month as Visa card maintenance, when l did not even use the Visa card that month?
This just started this September.

I have written them that if they dont stop this nonsense, l will draw down my account to the last #50 and let me see how they would deduct more #52+ from it.
I have other bank accounts that are not robbing me so badly.

I know you are Buhari supporter like myself but of recent, it seems something is wrong with the policies of the man because all he does in the last few months is inflict more and more financial burden on Nigerians.
This is not what we voted for (yea, the PDP and Atiku people can mock us as they like) and we wont be taken for a ride any further.
taxes here and there to generate money yet he is approving fourteen Special assistants for Aisha, his wife, to be paid from the revenue of our sweat!
Enough of this scam, abeg, Nigerians must resist the high-handedness of this Buhari Govt.

3 Likes

Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Excuzeme: 11:57pm On Oct 22, 2019
AryaSand:
I tire for this country.

Bank will rip you off.
Employer will rip you off.
Government will rip you off.
On top how much? They will soon start draining our blood to drink.

#REVOLUTIONNOW!

That is why Buahri locked Sowore up!
he wants to keep milking our blood and threatening us with DSS at he same time

#SoworeMustBeFree

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Lonelypacifist6: 12:19am On Oct 23, 2019
Like I heard in a song Ole ni everybody
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by 9jaRealist: 12:53am On Oct 23, 2019
The wind has blown and exposed the fowl's nyash... grin
>
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 23, 2019
I honestly think Nigeria is finished.
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 23, 2019
#INSATIABLE THIEVES !

APC IS THEIR MENTOR.
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by notoriousbabe: 1:18am On Oct 23, 2019
The modafokas came out to deny it. God punish you all
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by notoriousbabe: 1:19am On Oct 23, 2019
Kalixx:
I honestly think Nigeria is finished.
e don tey wey that country finish. Buhari only came to bury it

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by smasher1(m): 1:19am On Oct 23, 2019
DaudaAbu:
Conspiracy to defraud

Do you know that filling stations also charge you 50 naira for using pos

It's not filling stations or pos merchants charge. The 50 naira charge was introduced this month by FG.

1 Like

Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by smasher1(m): 1:21am On Oct 23, 2019
DaudaAbu:
Conspiracy to defraud

The fg charge is called stamp duty charge
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by notoriousbabe: 1:21am On Oct 23, 2019
post=83379308:
Something must give way
will you keep quiet and use you brain just for a second?

1 Like

Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Vision2ae: 2:51am On Oct 23, 2019
the rich get richer
and the poor well enter into poverty the more
A person with a meagre salary of 6k... trying to do transfer to somebody using glo network...do the math
only God can save this country...
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by SEGLIZ: 4:26am On Oct 23, 2019
Taciturn1:
lol
Banks are even trying. Imagine how they hold our billions for us, Imagine the temptations to steal that comes with that.

I guess it's CBN's duty to offer proper policing of these banks. Looking at things critically.

this is it when you use a bank CEO to head your apex bank order than an economist.
emefiele is a banker an active bank CEO before coming to head the CBN, what do you ed expect?
remember the days of Charles Soludo with the reforms and policies to the banking sector.
the more we use a core banker to head the CBN the the more the citizens would suffer for it, they go into the CBN to implement the bidding and mandate of the commercial bank being a member.

4 Likes

Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by ogeenanthony(m): 4:33am On Oct 23, 2019
lilmax:
Somewhere someone was left out of the deal grin
Someone was truly not carried along if not we for just dey complain now....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Afamed: 4:36am On Oct 23, 2019
FarahAideed:
I said it could have only been advised by the banks
keep quiet hypocrite. All your blames was on government when the news came out.You could not have been speaking with two sides of your mouth now
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by deadBBQ: 4:37am On Oct 23, 2019
[s]
post=83379308:
Something must give way
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by foreshore(m): 4:49am On Oct 23, 2019
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-leaked-memo-shows-banks-asked-telcos-to-charge-for-ussd

Nigerian system is characterized by fraud and scam be it government or private sector. A situation where a few individuals will take an instant decision to milk dry a whole nation of people. May God help us!!!
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by SEGLIZ: 4:51am On Oct 23, 2019
Excuzeme:

Yes o, something has to give!
This conspiracy between the Buhari APC Govt and Banks, led by Emefiele of the CBN has to be resisted and done very quickly!
Imagine Zenith charging me #52+ every month as Visa card maintenance, when l did not even use the Visa card that month?
This just started this September

I have written them that if they dont stop this nonsense, l will draw down my account to the last #50 and let me see how they would deduct more #52+ from it.
I have other bank accounts that are not robbing me so badly.

I know you are Buhari supporter like myself but of recent, it seems something is wrong with the policies of the man because all he does in the last few months is inflict more and more financial burden on Nigerians.
This is not what we voted for (yea, the PDP and Atiku people can mock us as they like) and we wont be taken for a ride any further.
taxes here and there to generate money yet he is approving fourteen Special assistants for Aisha, his wife, to be paid from the revenue of our sweat!
Enough of this scam, abeg, Nigerians must resist the high-handedness of this Buhari Govt.
I tend to have leant one thing the head would always receive the shell but I noticed the policy makers are more of an headache than the head.
during gej tenure this was the same way okonjo drove gej with deadly policy till he (gej) became infamous before the citizens and electorate. I suspect her falling out of favour with obj for her unfriendly policies.
some people are selling out this policies to them for implementation they are Nigerians not aliens or foreigners. one of the reasons adeosun was frustrated out, for they couldn't reach boss easily.
in all sector wrong policies wrong implementation everywhere, education, agriculture, commerce, etc.
it all tiring.

1 Like

Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Nobody: 4:52am On Oct 23, 2019
These guys would stop at nothing to milk us dry. States and FG tax and fine them too much that's the reasoin for their shrewdness.

This USSD shit is demonic, Sometimes the processes takes unusually long and still fails, yet we get charged.

9Mobile have been charging for USSD since last year as far as I remember, isn't that illegal?
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Yoighaman(m): 4:53am On Oct 23, 2019
From what I decipher in both letters, the banks have turned USSD into a huge revenue line, especially for the BANKED, yet keep shouting they are using it to financially include the UNBANKED, but the Telcos are not finding the money making galore by the banks funny anymore. They want a part of the pie, either the banks give them a cut of the existing service charge or they smash customers with it which they also admit is against regulatory policies because they are not the ones providing the banking services to the customers.

I think the banks shouldn't get greedy, give the Telcos a cut, leave the customers out of all this and we shall all be alright, over to the CBN and NCC.

1 Like

Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by OyiboOyibo(m): 5:07am On Oct 23, 2019
Nigerian banks are the real Yahoo Yahoo
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Tphalbalbah(m): 5:09am On Oct 23, 2019
Oqa bayii ooo

Check my signature,got a deal for you.
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by noeloge82(m): 5:15am On Oct 23, 2019
DaudaAbu:
Conspiracy to defraud

That is the 50naira stamp duty federal govt charge on any deposits from 1000 naira up so if u buy fuel of 1k and use pos what will get to filling station ACC is 950 in order for them to get their complete 1k they charge u d customer ,although some of d attendants don't even know d reason for d charges but its just terrible

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Kimikazi2: 5:27am On Oct 23, 2019
9mobile do charge these ussd fee before , you can't recharge your line if you don't have credit for ussd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Marvins0009: 5:39am On Oct 23, 2019
Well since Fg implement vat and we citizens do nothing about it that’s what give bank and the Mtn to use the advantage since they know we won’t say a word

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Shezkid: 5:49am On Oct 23, 2019
I'm surprised people haven't noticed this before.. It has been implemented since 2017 in UBA accounts...most people didn't notice...
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Minjim: 5:52am On Oct 23, 2019
Justbeingreal:
undecided

A says one thing
B says another. APC don teach all organizations the lie and denial method.

Nigeria las las ehn the mumu tinx we de go through under this government ehn weak person like dodo.

Oga. Who taught Apc?
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Basher8583: 6:01am On Oct 23, 2019
And why are they showing us the reply when they can show us the actual letter written by the Banks.

As far as I'm concerned the reply might have been based on the misunderstanding or misinterpretation of the person responding.

They should show the official letter written by the Banks

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Mutemenot(m): 6:18am On Oct 23, 2019
DaudaAbu:
Conspiracy to defraud

And the POS users pay more, my nigga checked his account statement early this week, charges he saw there made him wonder if he owns his biz with the bank
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by FutureIG: 7:15am On Oct 23, 2019
I was charged twice yesterday.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HD Photos Of The Tecno Winpad 10 - Specifications - Price / See The Scam SMS I Received Today / See The Hilarious Text I Received From Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.