Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,969 members, 7,835,229 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. (11261 Views)

Who Should An Illegitimate Child Be Attributed To? / Guidelines Concerning Names Which May Correctly Be Attributed To Allaah,.... / Is It Possible To Attain The Level And Status Of The Prophets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by mrkia(m): 9:59am On Nov 01, 2019
Alhamdulilah I am a Muslim

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by Shafiiimran99: 10:08am On Nov 01, 2019
true2god:
Stop shaking a table made of glass; it might hurt you. Can you provide a complete quranic narrative of the events you highlighted?
like the Op said, muslims do not believe in those claims period.
Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by fortran12: 10:10am On Nov 01, 2019
Rashduct4luv:
NB: The aim of this post is to affirm the Muslim belief in their Books and Prophets and to disbelieve in rumors and unproven narrations about Prophets of Allah from other sources.
Whoever suffers headache as a result of this post should either seek medical assistance or use two tabs of Paracetamol, Acetaminophen, Diclofenac or Ibuprofen.

It is one of the pillar of Islam for a Muslim to believe in the Prophets. These Prophets includes Adam, Nuh (Noah), Ibrahim (Abraham), Musa (Moses), Isma'eel (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac), Yaqoob (Jacob), Ayyob (Job), Yoonus (Jonah), Haroon (Aaron), Sulaiman (Solomon), Dawud (David), Idrees (Enoch), Dhul Kifl (Isaiah), Lut (Lot), Zakariyya (Zachariah), Ilyaas (Elijah), Al-Yasa (Elisha), Yahya (John), 'Eesa (Jesus) and Muhammad (Peace be upon them all). And the knowledge of their numbers belongs only to Allah! We believe all of them were sent by Allah to certain set of people or community. Some were given Inspired Books like Torah (Musa), Zabur (Dawud) Injeel ('Eesa), Qur'an (Muhammad), etc.

We believe whatever had been narrated concerning the Prophets in our Books.
Anything outside these:

i. will be true if confirmed by the Qur'an or Sunnah,
ii. will be False if rejected by the Qur'an or Sunnah.
iii. may be doubtful and should be disregarded.

Muslims should not believe all the narrations about previous Prophets they hear/read except it is in line with the Qur'an and Sunnah.

Examples of these narrations includes:

1. Noah became drunk with wine till he became naked. ( A Prophet can not drink wine or behave this way. This happened after the flood. )

2. David saw beautiful Bathsheba while bathing. He then brought her to himself and laid with her. He later killed her husband(Uriah) so that he could marry her. ( A Prophet that was inspired by God can not commit adultery, murder or covet other's wife. These are grave sins. Prophet Dawud used to fast one day and eat the next. Moreover Jesus was usually called the son of David. Is it this same David?)

3. Abraham wanted to sacrifice Isaac. (In Islam, it was Ishmael his first son he wanted to sacrifice)

4. After the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah Lot's two daughters made their father drunk and then slept with him in turns over two consecutive nights! (Prophet Lut can not be involved in incestuous rape. This could not have happened as it would defeat the reason why they were saved from the destruction. God saved them from homosexuality only for them to embrace incest. This is impossible.) Incest is greater than Homo)

5. Crucifixion of Jesus and his claim of divinity or being God. (The Qur'an says Prophet "Eesa was not Cruxified. He was a man strengthened with the Spirit. Follow this link to see what Muslims believe about Jesus https://www.nairaland.com/4064473/what-muslims-belief-concerning-jesus

Prophets are honorable people who are to be role models for people sometimes even beyond their times. Hence they are protected from some grave mistakes as highlighted above.

Other examples are found below from my honored Bro AbdulHakeem44.

After plagiarizing several books, it now claims to be an authoritative book,It claims allah sent 4 books Tamra (Torah or the Law) revealed to Musa (Moses), the Zabur (Psalms) revealed to Dawud (David), the Injil (the Gospel) revealed to Isa (Jesus) and quran by Mohammed, but why is the gospel named Injil when Injil is a greek word, he must have sent a greek version instead of the arabic version. And also who is Isa? When the arabic name for Jesus is Yesu. Again just like the greek text, a mistake must have been made

6 Likes

Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by Shafiiimran99: 10:39am On Nov 01, 2019
[quote author=true2god post=83393868]Yes the Bible recorded that Noah became drunk and lost all rationality. He became nakedd, unknowingly, because he was drunk, and one of his sons saw his nakeddness and instead of covering his father's nakeddness, he laughed and made scorn of his father. What's the consequence? Noah placed a curse on him that his descendants will forever be a slave to the descendants of his siblings.

Whats the lesson to learn here.

1) Never get drunk such that you lose all sense of rationality.

2) Never make mockery of your father no matther what the case or situtation might be. Honour your father and your mother so that you (or your descendants) won't be a slave to your siblings. No. 1. God's prophets can never do such things cos they are not just human being. 2. It contradict their messages. Eg GOD destroyed People of LOT cos of gay act. So how can he allowed LOT to sleep with his children? 3. Quran does not narrate unnecessary stories.
Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by Shafiiimran99: 11:07am On Nov 01, 2019
true2god:
This is subjective and the narrative is dependent on your religious affiliation. The Jews and the christians believed it was Isaac while mohammed believed it was Ishmeal that was to be sacrificed. However going by quranic injuctions, the quran is to be validated by what is written in the Torah and the Injil and not the other way round.
BUT unfortunately, the bible you have today were narrative by MAN. EG. Is jesus death's story part of injil? Are teachings of PAUL and his words part of jesus gospel/injil? And so on. Therefore, bible cannot be used to correct quran.
Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by fortran12: 11:16am On Nov 01, 2019
Shafiiimran99:
BUT unfortunately, the bible you have today were narrative by MAN. EG. Is jesus death's story part of injil? Are teachings of PAUL and his words part of jesus gospel/injil? And so on. Therefore, bible cannot be used to correct quran.
The Qur'an asked you to confirm from the bible or Christians if u doubt. It existed hundreds of years before the Quran and most definitely your book heavily copied from the bible. What is David and Solomon's business with Mohammed or Mecca why are they in the Qur'an/health , what is their purpose except these characters were copied and copied badly. Telling stories of solomon hearing ants speak, Solomon riding on a flying carpet with thousands of chairs made of gold and silver.

6 Likes

Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by good4all40: 11:27am On Nov 01, 2019
Asalamualykum warahmotulahi wabarakaatuu this is a very rare opportunity for our adults to learn how to read the holy Quran in Arabic in just TWO WEEKENDS beginning this Saturday 2nd of November 2019. Participants should be from 19 years of age and above both gender are�� eligible in sha Allah.

Time: 9am to 12noon each day

Venue: 9, 5th Avenue Amosu Estate Ipaja Lagos.

Amount: registration fee: 500 Naira course fee: 2,000, 2,500 Naira all together. Please Come with a note book and✍ Pen, lectures will be delivered in both English and Yoruba.

For more enquiry please call or WhatsApp the instructor on 0 8 1 2 8 8 9 9 9 8 0

Direction: anywhere in Lagos try to get to Iyana Ipaja, from Iyana Ipaja board a bus, taxi, Keke, or bike to Gate Bus stop alight and take another Keke or bike to Amosu Estate alight at ASHIMOLOWO junction and ask for the said address it is just two houses away. Please help share the message jazakumullahu khyran.

Interested participant should come with a note book � and a pen �.
Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by MikelIbe: 11:27am On Nov 01, 2019
The Bible is 500 years older than the Qur'an. Original na original. Imagine yourself trying to narrate events events you never witnessed. Moses, Elijah , Mathew, Mark etc wrote what they saw Then , after 500 years, a non-witness took up a sword and forcibly narrated his own.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by Shafiiimran99: 11:55am On Nov 01, 2019
fortran12:

The Qur'an asked you to confirm from the bible or Christians if u doubt. It existed hundreds of years before the Quran and most definitely your book heavily copied from the bible. What is David and Solomon's business with Mohammed or Mecca why are they in the Qur'an/health , what is their purpose except these characters were copied and copied badly. Telling stories of solomon hearing ants speak, Solomon riding on a flying carpet with thousands of chairs made of gold and silver.
From the gospel not the bible cos gospel came from GOD unlike bible that were narrated by man. For instance, allah said jesus has not died yet but bible said otherwise. So any story that against the quran is not true as far as muslims are concern
Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by dometome: 12:59pm On Nov 01, 2019
Islam is a vile religion

5 Likes

Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by dometome: 1:01pm On Nov 01, 2019
mrkia:
Alhamdulilah I am a Muslim
Who dafuq cares?

5 Likes

Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 01, 2019
true2god:
Stop shaking a table made of glass; it might hurt you. Can you provide a complete quranic narrative of the events you highlighted?
why the treat on him. don't be has right to speak the truth about what he understands?
Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by fortran12: 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2019
Shafiiimran99:
From the gospel not the bible cos gospel came from GOD unlike bible that were narrated by man. For instance, allah said jesus has not died yet but bible said otherwise. So any story that against the quran is not true as far as muslims are concern
Lol. What is the gospel? It means good news. So what is the good news( gospel) that Jesus came to save man from sin. The author of The Qur'an thought the gospel was a book.
That's why you see written in the bible the gospel according to Luke, John etc. That is the good news according to John Luke Mark. So here again is another mistake on the path of the Quran

2 Likes

Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by malvisguy212: 2:24pm On Nov 01, 2019
true2god:
I am already guided through in the right path. I have always debated Islam with muslims but you seem not to pay attention; I have not changed.
long time bro. the op is a new commer

2 Likes

Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by true2god: 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2019
malvisguy212:
long time bro. the op is a new commer
I think as much. I believe he is actually learning new things about his religion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by Dchaer(m): 6:20pm On Nov 01, 2019
I just shake my head for the people that opened this trend. Biko even Allah has said that “he whoever he has led astray, no one can show the way “ and you people are here arguing with Christain’s. It’s a sheer waste of time I tell you because they will not listen.
Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by ibsaq(m): 6:57pm On Nov 01, 2019
true2god:
The prophets of God are not angels or superhuman. The Bible was not written to filter their grave mistakes but to learn from it and avoid similar mistakes. The christian God is against covering and protecting evil and does not give his prophets special privilege, unlike allah who gave mohammed immunity to do what he likes and sleep with any woman she likes (quran 33:50-53)

The Islamic narrative is an hadith which can be called rumours and gossips. How can I trust the sabahas who the shia (your fellow muslims) do not view as honourable and whose narrations in the hadith had been deemed either weak or fabricated? The bible was not written to patrnonize the prophets but to learn from them and avoid making the same errors they made.
First you have to understand God before making this comment.
1. if God is pure then all the things associated with him will be. can it be possible to a pure man to commit sin. Sin is for impure. Not prophets of God.
Yes indeed he is pure and his prophets.
2. A blind can never guide to the exact path. If you think that they can do sin then they do not know the way to God.
Prophets guide us to the right path.

last

you think that prophets are Someone who predicts the future; asoothsayer. but they are choosing by God to convey his massage to us.
better think.

1 Like

Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:33pm On Nov 01, 2019
fortran12:

After plagiarizing several books, it now claims to be an authoritative book,It claims allah sent 4 books Tamra (Torah or the Law) revealed to Musa (Moses), the Zabur (Psalms) revealed to Dawud (David), the Injil (the Gospel) revealed to Isa (Jesus) and quran by Mohammed, but why is the gospel named Injil when Injil is a greek word, he must have sent a greek version instead of the arabic version. And also who is Isa? When the arabic name for Jesus is Yesu. Again just like the greek text, a mistake must have been made
I don't how an unlettered man can plagiarise books revealed over thousands of years. Then restructure it to conform to his own narrative in 23years? Impossible!
Injeel is the name of the Book revealed to 'Eesa the Arabicised name for Jesus.
Na Jesus-'Eesa and Injil translation dey give you headache from the post?
Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2019
fortran12:

Why is the quran quick to copy and reference biblical characters and assign prophet-hood to all of them. hmmm, its seems to be a form of deceit.
Am sure this happened when Mohammed was trying to gain favor from the Jews and present his new found religion

And it was you after over 1441 years that could detect the deceit right? The Qur'an is to be the final revelation after the revealed Book to Jesus.
So why should it be different since it confirmed the previous scriptures?
If the Prophet had wanted to gain favour from them he would have joined them in what they do.
Lakum deenukum waliyadin
Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by gidjah(m): 7:55pm On Nov 01, 2019
@True2god, been following your posts here since morning , you are a rare gem when it comes to issues like this I must say sir, your unbiased analysis are top notch sir, well done bro.

3 Likes

Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by TheExecutioner: 8:06pm On Nov 01, 2019
Imagine a plagiarised, poorly written book narrated by an illiterate that was never even meant to be compiled becoming the basis for judging Christian Scripture .

As if stealing our religious figures was not a bad enough act of stupidity.

[img]https://images./4hS0u0Zn5y1tSIisya9Hy3.jpg[/img]

Rashduct4luv:

The Qur'an made sense to the best generations of Muslims when the Bible was not in existence as it is now and it will keep making sense to us without the Bible. How will something you passionately hate make sense to you? You only need complete events in story books, movies and similar works of literature. What is contained in our Books is sufficient for us. Once again we disbelieve in your Books and we believe whatever our Books affirm.

The Qur'an is not competing with your Bible. And the theme of the OP is to strengthen the belief in our Books and the disbelief in other irrelevances.
You do not believe in our Book but you are here fighting tooth and nail for us to believe in your Book.
The Qur'an is the the word of Allah. The Hadith is the tradition of the Prophet. The Seerah are narrations which may be true or not. The Bible contains words of God, word of servants of God, words of incest, words of drunkard, words of murderer, words of foolish people all mixed together.

There is sanity and authenticity in Islamic Books. The Qur'an is written in Arabic. So you need the knowledge of the language to fully grasp its details, settings and context. If it's giving you headache then use Paracetamol, Acetaminophen, Diclofenac or Ibuprofen depending how mild or strong the headache is....

I asked i can you read about Lot's daughter's incestuous rape, Noah being naked drunk, David being a wife coveter, murderer to your six year old daughter? No, the only thing those kids would be taught will be Noah saved the people from the flood, David killed Goliath and Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed, Lot and his daughters were saved while the wife looked back and turned to pillar of salt FULL STOP.
Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by gidjah(m): 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2019
true2god:
I think as much. I believe he is actually learning new things about his religion.
you stole all my " likes on this forum with your robust level of global impact of knowledge and unbiase analysis of events.i really appreciate your calmness and maturity with words too .Had to ' go all out of my way to come this low "(if u understand what I mean sir),just to give you this big ups. The bitterness and blindness against christianity (a religion so open and with massive proofs via records is gargantuan in Africa.i just pray OPENS EYES OF UNDERSTANDING BEFORE IT GETS TOO LATE

1 Like

Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by TheExecutioner: 8:11pm On Nov 01, 2019
Your illiterate "prophet" was surrounded by scribes who were reading out Bible Scriptures for him to copy. Even the Jews made fun of him for doing this.

Any religion founded on a strategy of violence and bribery is little more than a joke.

[img]https://images./2JutxXCK5VLkJIIV6OHh0K.jpg[/img]

Rashduct4luv:

You will only drag yourself back. How many time will i explain this same story to you? If Muhammad lifted Bible storys that was compiled for 1000s of years in just 23 years then he is a superman. However we know he is unlettered.

We have discussed this previously, if you have forgotten.....
Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by fortran12: 9:30pm On Nov 01, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

And it was you after over 1441 years that could detect the deceit right? The Qur'an is to be the final revelation after the revealed Book to Jesus.
So why should it be different since it confirmed the previous scriptures?
If the Prophet had wanted to gain favour from them he would have joined them in what they do.
Lakum deenukum waliyadin
It did not confirm anything. It contradicts the bible in several areas. The god of the Quran asking them to force jews and Christian into the narrow path or asking them to be killed. Am sure God is not schizophrenic that he will preach love your enemies with Jesus then kill your enemies with the Quran. The only thing Jesus spoke about coming after him is the Holy spirit and that event happened some weeks after Jesus ascended
The Qur'an is just trying 'attache by force' but we all know that gimmick.
Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by fortran12: 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

I don't how an unlettered man can plagiarise books revealed over thousands of years. Then restructure it to conform to his own narrative in 23years? Impossible!
First that Mohammed was unlettered is false. How can a man that married a rich woman and was in charge of her business be illiterate. How did he record transactions etc relating to the business? And also whn he was on his death bed he asked for pen and paper to write ( but they refused to give him) if he was illerate why would he ask for such. He may not have written all himself but he was helped by his wife's cousin waraka and after he died all the revelations ceased that Mohammed wanted to kill himself.
The Qur'an is so full of inconsistencies it's easy to say it was written by a semi illiterate person.

The Arabic name for Jesus is yesu. His name is actually Yeshua in hebrew, Jesus is just the English translation while Arabic is Yesu so who is Isa? The name does not even come close and again the names in Hebrew are actually phrases Yeshua means to save or deliver so what does Isa mean?
Arabic existed before Islam and his name in Arabic is Yesu not Isa. The Qur'an cannot come and teach arabs their language.

5 Likes

Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by true2god: 4:57am On Nov 02, 2019
gidjah:
@True2god, been following your posts here since morning , you are a rare gem when it comes to issues like this I must say sir, your unbiased analysis are top notch sir, well done bro.
Thanks for your compliment bro. Islam thrives on the atmosphere of ignorance, and Muslims and non-muslims need to be educated on the REAL Islam and not the 'Holywood' Islam we are being shown/thought to believe. Over 95% of Muslims do not know what is in their religious literature and the history of their religion, so it is our duty to educate them on it and for them to also verify if what we are saying is true or false.

2 Likes

Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by malvisguy212: 9:38am On Nov 02, 2019
fortran12:

to show how confused the writer of the Qur'an is, the Qur'an say David is the Author of Zabur (psalm) not knowing the psalm is a collection of books with MANY author.

2 Likes

Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by true2god: 9:54am On Nov 02, 2019
malvisguy212:
to show how confused the writer of the Qur'an is, the Qur'an say David is the Author of Zabur (psalm) not knowing the psalm is a collection of books with MANY author.
Yes, the author of the Quran has a limited understanding of the Jewish and the Christian scriptures.
Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by malvisguy212: 9:59am On Nov 02, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

in surah 25:5 the people accused Muhammad of writing “tales of the former people that he has written down; they were dictated to him morning and evening”. Chapter 25
was revealed in Mecca, when Muhammad's only rejectors were his tribe of Quraysh.Tribes people are all familiar with each other; they knew him from birth.
Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by malvisguy212: 10:04am On Nov 02, 2019
true2god:
Yes, the author of the Quran has a limited understanding of the Jewish and the Christian scriptures.
yea you are right. they love to listen to lies.
Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by najib632(m): 5:56pm On Nov 02, 2019
fortran12:

I avoided you the last time because i knew you were ignorant. Jesus is not greek. He is a hebrew and a semite the closest language to hebrew language is arabic. You will not read the Qur'an instead you will boldly claim that it was plagiarised.
Re: Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. by fortran12: 7:24pm On Nov 02, 2019
najib632:
I avoided you the last time because i knew you were ignorant. Jesus is not greek. He is a hebrew and a semite the closest language to hebrew language is arabic. You will not read the Qur'an instead you will boldly claim that it was plagiarised.
I have read the Quran very well, I did not say Jesus is Greek , I said the translation of his name in Greek, I know Jesus was born in the middle east and not Europe. The Quran has several text like that of Alexander the great who the quran claim he was a muslim and allah saying he found the setting place of the sun (Quran: ( 18:86 ) and mohammed collaborating allah's story that the sun sets in a pool of muddy water.
What type of god thinks the sun has a setting place.
Or the Quran telling us that Mary the mother of Jesus is the sister of Aaron or Samaritans in the time of Moses even though they did not exist historically at that time, or Solomon and his magic ring a story from Arabian legends that existed in the time of Mohammed.
The quran is not original, its a badly copied text from several sources, but why won't it be when the one author ibn warqa was old and had poor eye sight and the other Mohammed a semi illiterate man.

Even sef, the Quran is incomplete as a sheep ate some pages that was kept under the bed at Mohammed's. The verse for stoning and breastfeeding for adults was eaten by this sheep.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pay Attention To his Ugly Whispers! / I Love This Part Of Suratul Rahman / Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.