Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

39 People Found Dead Inside Truck Container - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 39 People Found Dead Inside Truck Container (2202 Views)

Benin People Found Lagos — Oba of Benin / DUBAI FOUND OIL IN 1966 AND IJAW PEOPLE FOUND OIL IN 1956. / Billionaire Found Dead Inside His Car (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

39 People Found Dead Inside Truck Container by akelicious(m): 11:06am On Oct 23, 2019
Police in the UK have launched a murder investigation in southeast England after 39 people were found dead in a truck container at an Essex industrial park. One of the victims was a teenager.

The precise location of the truck is the Waterglade Industrial Park in Grays. The horror was discovered at roughly 1.40am today.

Authorities believe the truck, which originated in Bulgaria, entered the UK through the Welsh port of Holyhead over the weekend. A regular ferry service connects Holyhead with the Irish capital, Dublin.

“We are in the process of identifying the victims, however I anticipate that this could be a lengthy process,” Chief Superintendent Andrew Mariner said in a statement.

They have arrested a 25-year-old Northern Irish truck driver “on suspicion of murder” after finding the bodies early on Wednesday morning, Essex Police said.

“We have arrested the lorry driver in connection with the incident who remains in police custody as our enquiries continue ” Mariner added.

“This is a tragic incident where a large number of people have lost their lives. Our enquiries are ongoing to establish what has happened,” he said.

Police have placed a cordon around the area and say they are working with the local council “to mitigate against any impact our investigation scene will have locally.”

The UK Home Secretary, Priti Patel, said she was “shocked and saddened” by what she called the “utterly tragic incident,” according to her Twitter account.

Jackie Doyle-Price, the Conservative MP for Thurrock, tweeted: ‘Sickening news of 39 people found dead in a container in Grays.

‘People trafficking is a vile and dangerous business. This is a big investigation for Essex Police. Let’s hope they bring these murderers to justice.’

https://www.akelicious.net/39-people-found-dead-inside-truck-container/

Re: 39 People Found Dead Inside Truck Container by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:10am On Oct 23, 2019
Hope they are all terrorists. I mean the 39.
Re: 39 People Found Dead Inside Truck Container by Jmk9292(m): 11:12am On Oct 23, 2019
Quite tragic....
Re: 39 People Found Dead Inside Truck Container by skyblueking(m): 11:19am On Oct 23, 2019
Quite saddening...
Buh does it reduce the price of commodities over here in Nigeria?
Re: 39 People Found Dead Inside Truck Container by TUANKU(m): 11:30am On Oct 23, 2019
Most likely they are people being smuggled into the UK.
Re: 39 People Found Dead Inside Truck Container by TUANKU(m): 11:32am On Oct 23, 2019
skyblueking:
Quite saddening...

Buh does it reduce the price of commodities over here in Nigeria?
No it doesn't. When you die will it reduce the price of commodities in your community? Insensitive cunt.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 39 People Found Dead Inside Truck Container by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 23, 2019
Did they resort to smuggling people in because of brexit?
Re: 39 People Found Dead Inside Truck Container by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 23, 2019
TUANKU:
Most likely they are people being smuggled into the UK.

Yes. Probably the correct conclusion. Tragic. Probably died from lack of oxygen. Apparently, they may have been in the lorry for at least 4 days.
Re: 39 People Found Dead Inside Truck Container by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 23, 2019
sassysure:
Did they resort to smuggling people in because of brexit?

No. This happens all the time. If anything, Brexit should curtail people smuggling as working conditions in the UK will become more stringent with far less jobs available for even skilled and legitimate EU migrants talk less of illegal immigrants with no work permit or approval to be in the UK.
Re: 39 People Found Dead Inside Truck Container by skyblueking(m): 11:49am On Oct 23, 2019
TUANKU:

No it doesn't. When you die will it reduce the price of commodities in your community? Insensitive cunt.

Boy am way past your level of illiteracy....
Replying your taunts seems too childish to me...

I wonder if you can be able to say that to my face in real life...
You get luck bro!
Re: 39 People Found Dead Inside Truck Container by dynicks(m): 11:52am On Oct 23, 2019
What do we call this now?
Re: 39 People Found Dead Inside Truck Container by TUANKU(m): 12:01pm On Oct 23, 2019
skyblueking:

Boy am way past your level of illiteracy.... Replying your taunts seems too childish to me...
I wonder if you can be able to say that to my face in real life... You get luck bro!
I'm not your bro you muppet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 39 People Found Dead Inside Truck Container by omenka(m): 12:16pm On Oct 23, 2019
People like Farahaideed will rush into the thread, grinning from ear to ear, ready to make the figure 40 by killing Buhari with his insults, only to be disappointed on realization that this didnt happen in Nigeria.

He still might find a way to tie the incident to Buhari though. You surely cant put nothing past him. Once declared he would rest the day Buhari dies.

Pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: 39 People Found Dead Inside Truck Container by helinues: 12:20pm On Oct 23, 2019
Better be Uk

Possibly human trafficking went wrong
Re: 39 People Found Dead Inside Truck Container by wingmanIII: 12:35pm On Oct 23, 2019
Oshigun:

Yes. Probably the correct conclusion. Tragic. Probably died from lack of oxygen. Apparently, they may have been in the lorry for at least 4 days.

Yes, they most likely suffocated

(1) (Reply)

Adorable Romantic Photos Of Zahra Buhari And Her Hubby, Ahmed Indimi / Vice-president Osinbajo's Convoy Involved In Accident, Leaves One Dead / Ebo Stone Delivers For Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.