Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:45 AM

Why I Sacked Oshiomhole’s Local Govt Chairman – Gov. Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Sacked Oshiomhole’s Local Govt Chairman – Gov. Obaseki (495 Views)

Why I Sacked Auxiliary - Seyi Makinde / Buhari: Why I Sacked Nanono, Sale Mamman & Reshuffled My Cabinet / Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Sacked Oshiomhole’s Local Govt Chairman – Gov. Obaseki by TITOPE(m): 8:08am On Oct 24, 2019
http://www.titopeblog.com/2019/10/why-i-sacked-oshiomholes-local-govt.html

Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki has approved the removal of Mr. Yakubu Musa, erstwhile chairman of Etsako West Local Government over his alleged involvement in a N46m fraud in the council.

He subsequently swore-in Mr. Imonofi Osumah Inusa as the new Council boss.

The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, hails from Etsako West LGA.

Governor Obaseki, while swearing-in Osumah at Government House, in Benin City, yesterday, said that investigations by a panel constituted by the state government alleged that the former LG boss, Musa, was engaged in fraudulent activities and lacked the ability to supervise the staff of the Council.

He reiterated his administration’s zero-tolerance for corruption and negligence of duty.

“With the permission and authorisation of the Edo State House of Assembly (EDHA), we dropped Yakubu Musa for engaging in corrupt activities.

“He was dropped based on the investigation conducted following reports and observations at the monthly Joint Account Allocation Committee meetings I preside over,” the Governor explained.

Obaseki maintained that no matter the developmental efforts by the state government, the local government must perform their duties before the state can be highly rated in terms of development.

lalasticlala, mynd44, seun

1 Like

Re: Why I Sacked Oshiomhole’s Local Govt Chairman – Gov. Obaseki by dukie25: 9:19am On Oct 24, 2019
Sack them all, Mr wake and see governor.
Re: Why I Sacked Oshiomhole’s Local Govt Chairman – Gov. Obaseki by clarocuzioo(m): 9:28am On Oct 24, 2019
Ambode come and learn work from Obaseki, power is meant to be exercised.

1 Like

Re: Why I Sacked Oshiomhole’s Local Govt Chairman – Gov. Obaseki by OhBiafra: 9:33am On Oct 24, 2019
Local Government Chairmen are supposed to be elected officials. Not governor's appointees that can be sacked and replaced at anytime

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bola Ahamed Tinubu,is The Next President If Election Will Take Place. / PEPA: The Burning Issues Before The Supreme Court Of Nigeria / Caption This Picture For Fun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.