Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,718 members, 7,851,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:43 PM

NJC recommends appointment of 4 Supreme Court Justices, probes 8 others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NJC recommends appointment of 4 Supreme Court Justices, probes 8 others (16789 Views)

NJC Recommends Chukwuma Abosi & Aliyu Musa Liman For Compulsory Retirement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NJC recommends appointment of 4 Supreme Court Justices, probes 8 others by Clevite(m): 9:29am On Oct 25, 2019
SalemCiti:
The appointment of Mathias Olusegun Agboola into the High Court of Osun State is the most welcoming and most pleasing to me of all. It's been long overdue. He has made a success of private practice as one of the most exceptionally brilliant lawyers in Osun State.
His integrity as a practising Christian of repute is a uniform testimony of all people that know him both in private life and professional practice. He is a Pastor in Deeper Life Church and a leading figure in the Christian Lawyers Fellowship of Nigeria.
All these must have counted for him in this appointment no doubt. Moreover, having served as a Judge in the Republic of Gambia must have been an edge for him. M.O.Agboola is a brilliant inclusion into the Bench of Osun State. He is really going to make landmark impacts.
I agree with you on this concerning M. O. Agboola. He has maintained a consistent sterling integrity in all his practice as a Legal Practioner. I have known him for years even before I personally went to School to study Law myself. I must say he is one of my inspirational figures.

Agboola was the first I know to build his legal practice on Christian ideology and it is so clear his clients, fellow colleagues and to judges that it is the guiding principle in his practice. He even named his Law Office 'Christ the Advocate Chambers'!

Olusegun Agboola has the respect in practice both among the members of the Bar and of the Bench unto which he is now called.

I was in court sometime in year 2012 and lawyers were discussing amongst themselves the characters of some senior lawyers in the jurisdiction. Agboola was not in court that day. I was impressed when the lawyers mentioned Segun Agboola as one of the few Lawyers that you could be having a case with as counsel on the other side and would rest assured that he would not employ underhand tactics against you to win his case.

In fact, they said if you were handling a case against Agboola and he discovered that you had made some mistake in your brief which could be fatal to your case and would be to his own advantage. They said Agboola would hint you and give you opportunity to make amend before you both appear before the Judge, instead of exploiting it to his advantage. Many lawyers would wait for this as an opportunity to catch you unawares and defeat you on technicalities. I was so impressed on that day as a junior at the Bar.

And here is a man that has the pedigree of winning so many landmark cases from High Courts to Supreme Court. I once heard him say that a town wanted to confer on him a chieftaincy title in appreciation of winning a communal land case for them up to Supreme Court and he told the King that his calling as a clergyman would not permit him.

M. O. Agboola will perfectly cut into the figure of that literary Incorruptible Judge.

1 Like

Re: NJC recommends appointment of 4 Supreme Court Justices, probes 8 others by garfield1: 10:42am On Oct 25, 2019
fergie001:

Are you sure?
Is that you
Re: NJC recommends appointment of 4 Supreme Court Justices, probes 8 others by garfield1: 10:44am On Oct 25, 2019
fergie001:

What is brilliant about Ogah?

Because he is brilliant then means whatever he brings to the court, must be accepted hook, line and sinker?

Forget governance and the way Ikpeazu has rubbished himself, Ogar is the least brilliant between Ikpeazu, Otti and himself.

Everyone knows you are taxed from source as a Govt worker. Where I work, i am taxed from source, anyways I don't need to say much because Hon. Justice Helen Ogunwumiju, JCA (soon-to-be JSC) had finished the matter.
How can ikpeazu be brilliant yet he cannot rule well? If you cannot utilize your brilliance for the upliftment of your people,then you are not brilliant.
Re: NJC recommends appointment of 4 Supreme Court Justices, probes 8 others by fergie001: 10:52am On Oct 25, 2019
garfield1:

How can ikpeazu be brilliant yet he cannot rule well? If you cannot utilize your brilliance for the upliftment of your people,then you are not brilliant.

Ogar hasn't been in a position for us to decipher his brilliance or not...let him start from Minister now then we will know....
I haven't seen his brilliance uplift anyone too....perhaps you will need to take a drive to Uturu!

Is Ayade not brilliant?
Professor Ayade is revered even at the Univ of Ibadan where he studied MCB till tomorrow.
Are you also aware he has a patent?

Is he ruling well? grin grin
Re: NJC recommends appointment of 4 Supreme Court Justices, probes 8 others by fergie001: 10:53am On Oct 25, 2019
garfield1:

Is that you
Hahahahahahaha
Re: NJC recommends appointment of 4 Supreme Court Justices, probes 8 others by garfield1: 11:03am On Oct 25, 2019
fergie001:

Ogar hasn't been in a position for us to decipher his brilliance or not...let him start from Minister now then we will know....
I haven't seen his brilliance uplift anyone too....perhaps you will need to take a drive to Uturu!

Is Ayade not brilliant?
Professor Ayade is revered even at the Univ of Ibadan where he studied MCB till tomorrow.
Are you also aware he has a patent?

Is he ruling well? grin grin
If that brilliance cant translate to governance,then its a waste patent or no patent.governance is the ultimate test of brilliance.
Re: NJC recommends appointment of 4 Supreme Court Justices, probes 8 others by fergie001: 11:11am On Oct 25, 2019
garfield1:

If that brilliance cant translate to governance,then its a waste patent or no patent.governance is the ultimate test of brilliance.
And Ogar doesn't have it in the first place.....so let's wait and see ,now that he has it.
Re: NJC recommends appointment of 4 Supreme Court Justices, probes 8 others by LLMG: 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2019
When all your leaders can do is silence and watching as the North is gradually taking over the whole of Nigeria as they planned it aforetime. No tangible effect of your mouth making all these years. And what will you do about the selfserving traitors in your midst.
Futuragetty:
Learned Brothers, aspiring learned silks (From the eastern part of Nigeria) do not be bothered at all. At every level,we are being marginalized by the least educated region supported by another dubious region. They will not let us go. Yet they will not let us live and prosper in peace.
The North are scared of Us.

Do you know that easterns has more qualified lawyers than most regions in Nigeria?
In the confernement of SAN, we are being marginalized.
Appointment of judges (Federal)
In due time, We shall conquer.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19: Imo Bans Easter Church Services / Our Members Are In Serious Danger In Nigeria - IPOB / #ENDSARS Panel: How Police Tried To Cover Up Shooting Of Protesters At Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.