Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,970 members, 7,852,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:09 PM

The Flower Girl Episode 9 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Flower Girl Episode 9 (391 Views)

The Flower Girl Episode / The Flower Girl Episode 2 / The Flower Girl Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Flower Girl Episode 9 by Defavouredkings(m): 11:06pm On Oct 24, 2019
Chidimma had taken her First School Leaving Certificate Examination and she managed to come out with a pass grade. Well it is better than a total failure and even more honorable than to be engaged in exam malpractice which she had no inclination to. She had equally grown big at least bigger than to be called a flower girl again.

Chidimma’s beauty appeared to be adding as she grew. Her skin also appeared to be flesher as she put up with more years. Her hot legs, flat tummy and oval face gave her a slim-fitted figure. She was becoming lavishly beautiful.

On the very first year she graduated from primary school, nine suitors came to seek her hands in marriage. And all came with a lot of promises. Among them was Obinna who was the apple of Chidimma’s eye: Obele was also in a hurry to give out Chidimma in marriage especially to Nduka, the only son of igwe Odumesi, who resided in Germany.

Obele had thought of that for some time and believed that if he became Igwe’s in-law, all his problems in this world would be over.

Chidimma had just returned from Girls’ Brigade meeting and her father invited her for a-tete-a-tete.

“Chi-chi-ch-Chidimma, I am so proud of you because you have made me a very ha-ha-ha-ha…”

“Papa, I know that you are now a happy man. I am also proud of you too.”

“Your character is e-e-e-excellent and this makes your mother and I to-to-to-to walk tall anywhere we go. People even raise their necks to catch a glimpse of us whenever we are introduced as Mma’s parents. I have you as my only child but you have make me feel as someone who has many children…”

“But papa, I would have loved it if I had siblings to chat with. But nevertheless, I am happy.”

“Now, Mma, you can see that so many people are coming asking for your hands in marriage. What is your o-o-o-pi-pinion about it? Hope you want to get married now.”

“Yes, papa. I want to get married immediately.”

“Good! But whom among them du-du-do you prefer?”

“Papa, I prefer Obinna.”

Obele was kicked in the teeth by hearing Chidimma’s reply.

“Obinna! Obi gini? Which Obinna?” asked pretending not know whom Obinna was.

“I mean Obinna the Akpunku’s son.

“You are insane! But du-du-do you mean what you are saying?

“Yes Papa because I love him.”

“Mma. So you mean that with all your beauty and fame, you want to. get ma-ma-ma-married to that pauper? No, no. no, no, you won’t do that. But why do you love him.”

“Papa, Obinna is very intelligent. He is also a graduate. So I need him to help me excel in life. With the little time I have with him, he is even the one that helped me to pass my First School Leaving Certificate Examination.”

“Do you realize that that boy is roaming about the streets of Enugu searching for job that never exists? Her father Akpunku has been lying lazily at home with his sore foot begging for food from his wives. Where do you think they will get the money they will use in feeding you and maintaining this beauty of yours? Where will the money for your mahadum come f-f-f-from?”

“But papa, Obinna showed me his result and told me that he would soon get a job in Enugu.”

“So he to-to-to-told you lies and you be-be-be-believed him?”

“Papa, it’s not a lie. His story sounded perfectly plausible and since I know him, he has never lied to me.” Chidimma’s voice began to grow louder.

“Mma, take it easy. You are my daughter and I know what is good for you. Nduka is good for you. I want you to consider him. Don’t you imagine what it means to get married to igwe’s son. It means that you are a future lolo,” Obele trying to get Chidimma beguiled into marrying Nduka.

Chidimma gave a mild smile as she began to use her toe to draw curves on the ground.

“When you get married to Nduka, he will also take you overseas. I believe he will put you in a university overseas. I heard that that man is now a ‘bastard’ billionaire…”

“But papa, mama said that she doesn’t like Nduka because he is a ritualist!”

“Don’t mind her. That’s how women talk against people. Nduka used her for ogwu ego before? By the time she begins to go for omugwo overseas, she-she-She will no longer call him o-o-o-o-onye ogwu ego again. So, Mma, never you in your life mention Obinna to my hearing.

FULL STORY HERE: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-9/

(1) (Reply)

Synw - Young Male Writer Of The Month (january 2020) / All You Need To Know About Big Brother Naija 2020 / Surfer Seo Writer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.