Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,701 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

7 Nights - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 7 Nights (2642 Views)

A New Book: Nights And Colours / I Will To Live Against The Dark Nights! / Toni Kan's Nights Of The Creaking Bed New Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Nights by Crowny1(f): 8:06am On Dec 26, 2014
Note: Fiction

KAITLIN

I groan as I stretch my hand towards the top of the drawer and turn off the alarm. I'm about to snuggle back under the covers when my mother shouts my name from downstairs. Cursing, I make my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth after which I head downstairs to the kitchen guided by the aroma of breakfast and my stomach rumbles reminding me I didn't eat any dinner last night. James and Liz are already at the dining table talking but quiet down when they see me. I turn up my nose at them and James smirks. They've been doing it a lot now, talking behind my back. Well they always have, but these days it's been getting worse. It's like they have some secret plan they don't want me to know about. So much for being siblings.

Karen is manipulating the TV channels as usual. Dad is reading the morning paper. 'Hi Dad.', I say and he looks up. 'I think we'll have to set your alarm clock to 30 mins earlier.', he says as I plant a kiss on his cheek, knowing fully well that he'll forget all about the alarm clock halfway to work.
'Hi Mom', I say walking into the kitchen. It's the size of two sitting rooms.
'Hi Kat.', she says barely looking up from where she's frying eggs. I keep looking at her and she finally turns. 'What are you doing standing there?', she snaps. 'Go set the table and call Karen while you're at it.'
'Karen!', I yell and Mom flinches.
'Keep it down Kat! I don't have earmuffs.', Liz shouts from the table. I smirk.
Karen comes running into the kitchen shooting daggers at me with her glare and I can clearly tell I interrupted her favorite cartoon program. 'I didn't call you.', I say quickly. 'Mom did.'
'Yes.', Mom confirms absentmindedly. 'Get my phone from my dressing table.', she orders and Karen's scowl grows wider. But she goes anyway. We've all learned the hard way when it comes to disobeying or double crossing Mom's orders.

Quick introduction:
My name's Kaitlin and my family's a bit crazy. They seem pretty normal now but don't be fooled. My family shares a cunning sort of familiarity. Matching sets of scowls and smiles, same sound of laughter, same tall height.
James, my 17 yr old brother, is the first child. Which automatically means he gets to run Dad's company when he's of age and never gets scolded for coming home late.
Liz, my 16 yr old sister, is the second child and a fashion queen. She taught me everything I know about clothes, and she's also my school newspaper. She knows everything from the latest celebrity gossip, to if Dave and Claire have broken up again.
Re: 7 Nights by Crowny1(f): 12:08pm On Dec 26, 2014
Memo:
Dave is the Captain of the Basketball team and is also one of the cutest guys in school. (Well almost). He's second on the L.A High handsome ratings. Claire, his on and off diva girlfriend is the Captain of the Cheerleading team. If they weren't together, the planets would go out of orbit.

Karen, my 13 yr old sister is the last child. But a little too grown up for her age (Not considering the cartoons). She has blue eyes and a dazzling smile. Did I mention that everyone in my family has blue eyes and a killer smile? Yep. Even my Mom and Dad. My Mom once got a bouncer to let us into a
Club for free.
Re: 7 Nights by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
Following...
Re: 7 Nights by Adimonyemma: 2:08pm On Dec 26, 2014
Reading...
Re: 7 Nights by stuff46(m): 2:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
signinq in
Re: 7 Nights by Crowny1(f): 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2014
Divepen:
Following...
Thanks
Re: 7 Nights by Crowny1(f): 3:17pm On Dec 26, 2014
stuff46:
signinq in
U're welcome
Re: 7 Nights by Crowny1(f): 3:17pm On Dec 26, 2014
Adimonyemma:
Reading...
Thanks
Re: 7 Nights by Crowny1(f): 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
After breakfast I rush upstairs to bathe. Yep, in my family, we have breakfast before bathing. It's some weird idea of Liz that we digest food faster... or so I think. 'Code is white.', Liz yells from outside my door. 'Got it ', I yell back. It takes me a while to figure out what to wear. But I finally settle on a white cotton singlet with blue designs around the edges, blue shorts, white trainer shoes and a blue jacket. It all goes perfectly with my jet black hair and blue eyes. I know Liz looks just as dazzling and as I step into the living room, I'm not disappointed.

She's wearing tight white pencil jeans, a strapless yellow top with a white tummy belt and white sandals. James is wearing simple blue jeans, a black t-shirt and white trainer shoes. Karen is wearing a black skirt, violet top with the symbol of a dragon on upper left hand side and white shoes. Which is her school uniform except she's wearing a white jacket. Not part of it.
Let me explain the white code thing. We have a rule(also Liz's idea). We all have to wear a color in common. Today, the color's white.
Re: 7 Nights by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 27, 2014
See wahala...If I hear say I do colour colour ting...
Oya let's continu jAre
Re: 7 Nights by Crowny1(f): 9:46am On Dec 27, 2014
Dad insists on dropping us off. I don't complain. His car is a black Range Rover. We're stinking rich so you'd think we'd live in a mansion and have ten cars in our garage. Nope. We live in a three storey house and we only have three cars in our garage. The Range Rover is Dad's car, the Toyota Corolla is Mom's car, the Pilot Jeep is James's car.
Karen is still in grade school but she's coming to L.A High next year which is the same year James is going off to college.

We walk into school and as usual, heads turn. Girls giggle as James walks past. I give him my 'like seriously' look and he smirks.
'I'm hot little sis,' He says straightening my jacket. 'Deal with it.', and he walks off to join his friends. My brother's a jerk(Not really). I hear a squeal and before she even hits me, I know it's Eva. 'Hey blondie.', I say hugging her back. Everyone's hair in my family is black.
Re: 7 Nights by Crowny1(f): 12:27pm On Dec 27, 2014
'We've got Astronomy.', she informs me. 'What do you think I have a schedule for? ', I ask stopping by my locker to pick my books. 'Wait. I thought that was your worst subject. Why do you seem so excited?', I ask again. She giggles. 'There's this new cute guy...', she begins. I turn to look at her with raised eyebrows. 'What?!', she asks. 'Are you really asking me that?', I ask back. 'He's really cute.', she defends. 'Uh....huh'. 'Oh you're impossible. Come on.', she says dragging me down the hallway. When we get to class and sit down, I notice she keeps looking at the back row so I turn to look too. 'He's over there.', she says. 'Who?', I ask. 'Duh... cute boy. Who else?', she says. 'Which one of them is he?', I ask. 'Look well. Who's new?', she asks back.
'There's Douglas, Thomas, Murray, Rex, Sam and...', the words stick in my throat. 'Who's the guy in the red polo?', Eva laughs. 'Told you so.'
Re: 7 Nights by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 27, 2014
Sweeting me...
I will advise that you try to heighten the suspense level...
It keeps us, your reader, sticked to the thread.
Re: 7 Nights by stuff46(m): 1:43pm On Dec 27, 2014
is this?
Abeg come update
onemansquad
techno4life
bluestarry
make wona show.
Dz worths yur mb
Re: 7 Nights by Crowny1(f): 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2014
stuff46:
is this?
Abeg come update
onemansquad
techno4life
bluestarry
make wona show.
Dz worths yur mb
cry thanks
Re: 7 Nights by Crowny1(f): 2:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
Divepen:
Sweeting me...
I will advise that you try to heighten the suspense level...
It keeps us, your reader, sticked to the thread.
Correction taken
Re: 7 Nights by Onemansquad(m): 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2014
stuff46:
is this?
Abeg come update
onemansquad
techno4life
bluestarry
make wona show.
Dz worths yur mb
me don show oo whr d rest pple 4 hia
Re: 7 Nights by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 27, 2014
stuff46:
is this?
Abeg come update
onemansquad
techno4life
bluestarry
make wona show.
Dz worths yur mb
barge into thread.
Re: 7 Nights by Crowny1(f): 3:00pm On Dec 27, 2014
Bluestarry:
barge into thread.
No break my door
Re: 7 Nights by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 27, 2014
Crowny1:

No break my door
e dn break go buy new ond. Go update na
Re: 7 Nights by Crowny1(f): 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2014
LEO

I hate my life and I hate this school with their giggling girls and long lectures. Why my father thinks this place is the best for a summer holiday, I do not know. Why do they even have summer school? I signed up for all the unimportant subjects hoping my dad will be pissed off but he just thinks it means I'm taking interest in other things. Sometimes I wish he's not so cheerful about everything. Then maybe we wouldn't be here in the first place. Now I'm sitting in Astronomy class and the teacher's late. Typical.

She finally comes in with a dozen books that I sincerely hope are not part of the curriculum. I can swear they each weigh a 100 pounds. She begins talking about the difference between theory and practical and how 'we' are going to carry out a project with our predetermined partners. I'm about to stand up and tell her I don't have a partner when a girl beats me to it. She's tall with black hair and her frame can make super models on magazines get jealous.
'Ma'am.', she says flashing the teacher a smile and throwing her hair back stylishly. 'My partner Joan just moved to Illinois, so...', she trails off. 'You want a new partner.', the teacher finishes. 'Exactly.', she says smiling.
'Well then,' the teacher hesitates looking into her register for a few minutes. 'You can partner with Mr Davis.', she says finally and my heart skips a beat. The girl's smile wavers and comes back on so quickly I think it's part of my imagination. 'But Ma'am,' she says, 'Martins is partnerless', she continues winking at a blonde haired guy two seats from the front who winks back. 'You will partner with Mr Davis', the teacher says pointing at me. The girl turns to check me out and scowls. 'Very well then Ma'am.', she says adding a bitter tone to the Ma'am. 'Mr Davis it is.', she says again sitting down but not before looking back to flash me another scowl.
So ok... What planet did this girl come from? She is so unlike the giggling girls I met in the hallway. Not that I like them though.
Re: 7 Nights by stuff46(m): 3:26pm On Dec 27, 2014
Crowny1:

No break my door

if the door break abeg no need to put another one because the audience go too much for here.

Blue and oms hope you are weapon free(catapault and mazuka free)
Re: 7 Nights by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 27, 2014
stuff46:

if the door break abeg no need to put another one because the audience go too much for here.

Blue and oms hope you are weapon free(catapault and mazuka free)
no catapult but i d with 5 stones in case crowny1 no wan...
Re: 7 Nights by Crowny1(f): 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2014
Bluestarry:
Una dey craze
Re: 7 Nights by Onemansquad(m): 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2014
Bluestarry:
no i jst cum wit dis

Re: 7 Nights by Crowny1(f): 10:57pm On Dec 27, 2014
Onemansquad:

no i jst cum wit dis

Not allowed
Re: 7 Nights by Onemansquad(m): 11:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
Crowny1:

Not allowed
i knw let me jst kip it cos of some mad pple in dis group lyk bluestarry nd stuff46
Re: 7 Nights by Crowny1(f): 11:20pm On Dec 27, 2014
Onemansquad:

i knw let me jst kip it cos of some mad pple in dis group lyk bluestarry nd stuff46
I don't think they'll like your description of them
Re: 7 Nights by Onemansquad(m): 11:22pm On Dec 27, 2014
Crowny1:

I don't think they'll like your description of them
grin grin dnt wory let dem cum nd tel me demselves
Re: 7 Nights by Crowny1(f): 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2014
'Well then everyone, switch positions.', the teacher says and I notice everyone changing their seats. 'She means you should seat with your partner.', the girl beside me explains getting up. I look at the front. My scowling partner is making absolutely no attempt of moving towards me so I decide to go meet her instead. That's when I also notice the seats are arranged in pairs which are slightly separated from others. Is this a school or a matchmaking center? 'Hey, what's your name?', I ask the girl who was sitting beside me before. 'Sabrina.', she replies with a smile. 'Nice name.', I say returning the smile. She goes red. 'Thanks.', she replies. 'Who's your partner?', I ask. She points at the blonde haired boy my partner had just winked at a few minutes before. 'I thought he was partnerless.', I say surprised. 'Oh don't mind Katy and her antics.', Sabrina says laughing. 'Katy. Is that her name?', I ask again. 'No. It's actually Kaitlin. Some people call her Katy or Kate or Kat for short.', Sabrina says looking at the front. 'Nice having a name that people can change.', I say walking forward. 'Yeah. I'll see you later.', Sabrina says walking swiftly to meet her partner.

I prop down on the seat next to Katy. Yeah I think I'll call her Katy. It's been five minutes and so far so good because she hasn't scowled... yet. The teacher finishes talking and starts handing out star charts. When she gets to close to 'us', I raise my hand. 'Yes, Mr Davis?', she asks. 'Ma'am will it be a collective or partner thing. That is, will you set a place for all of us to read the stars, or will we do it ourselves. With our partners of course?', I ask. 'As much as I would love to set a place for you. I'm afraid Mr Davis, that you will have to do it yourselves.', she says motioning towards the whole class. Students start murmuring. 'No objections!', she snaps and the whole class goes quiet again. She hands us or chart and moves on. I hand it to Katy who looks it over and frowns. ' I hate astronomy.', she says quietly. 'Actually it's very interesting once you get to know it.', I blurt out and the look she gives me makes me wish I had just kept my mouth shut. 'Tell me about it.', she says sarcastically. '

'Actually I can if you give me the chance.', I reply surprising both myself and her. 'You're as stupid as you look. Aren't you?', she asks after a minute.
Re: 7 Nights by Crowny1(f): 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
'Class dismissed!', the teacher orders and everyone starts leaving. Just as Katy's about to walk through the door, I hold her arm and pull her back. I don't know why I did it. I just did. She turns scowling and it's then it hits me that I had no good reason for stopping her. 'Um... where are we supposed to meet... for the project... um... I'm new so I don't know...', I stammer. 'Hold it idiot. Give me your number.', I'm too stunned yo speak. 'You have a phone. Don't you?', she asks jolting me back to reality. 'Of course.", I reply. 'It's 65-3456789', 'Got it', she says pushing a strand of hair out of her face. 'So I'll call you....', she says clearly asking for my name. 'Leo.', I say flashing a smile. 'Leo', she repeats milling the word around like it's some sort of strange language. 'It's short for Lionel.', I say again and she nods. 'Well then. It wasn't a great pleasure meeting you Lionel Davis.', she says walking away. 'It wasn't a great pleasure meeting you either.', I reply. She smiles. 'I guess we're even', she says walking away.
Re: 7 Nights by Crowny1(f): 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2014
'It'd have been a great pleasure if it were me.', a voice says behind me making me jump. 'Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you.', he says again and I turn to see Martins. 'What did you say?', I ask. 'You just got partnered with Kaitlin Luis. Guys would kill to be in your place.', he says smiling. 'Guys like you.', I ask hoping I'm not going too far. 'Nah.', he says smiling. 'She's my best friend already, I'm okay with that.' He replies. 'Well it really wasn't a great pleasure meeting her.', I say defensively. 'Kaitlin's great.', he replies. 'Didn't get a hint of it.', I reply. He smiles.

'She can be difficult sometimes',
'Oh I got a lot of that.'.
'What I don't get is how she can be sweet 15 and never kissed a guy.', He says wistfully.
Wait what. I suddenly get a light bulb idea.
'Never?', I ask

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Careless Mother Final Episodes (e-book/story) / The Flower Girl Episode / My Experience With Yahoo Boys At Emeka Offor Plaza_ Onitsha In Anambra State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.