Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,507 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key (1818 Views)

Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? / Toyota Won't Start After Removing Battery / Please Help! Car Knocking Sound After Removing Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key by UTMOST10(m): 8:55pm On Oct 25, 2019
My CRV car won't turn off after removing the key... Please help... The great car expert in the house. Thanks
Re: My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key by kunleweb: 9:12pm On Oct 25, 2019
Comot battery nah
Re: My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key by falcon01: 9:47pm On Oct 25, 2019
Remove Battery first.. sleep then tomorrow Check your ignition
Re: My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key by baconline(m): 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2019
Cumulated carbon? Or electrical issue
Re: My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key by 3kay945(m): 11:18pm On Oct 25, 2019
It once happend to my rav4, crazy stuff. Na rewire resolve am. embarassed

1 Like

Re: My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key by TRYGO(m): 11:23pm On Oct 25, 2019
The ignition switch, or the ignition switch relay is stuck closed (remaining in the close position), even after the key has bring removed.

1 Like

Re: My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key by timifakay(m): 12:44am On Oct 26, 2019
The car wan go village wait you for christmas...

Remove battery or MAF socket and vehicle will go off, then get a technician to come diagnose

1 Like

Re: My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key by sanyahkod(m): 5:53am On Oct 26, 2019
It is a wiring issue. Call a rewire expert.
Re: My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key by thebigkendo(m): 8:53am On Oct 26, 2019
Na to dey komot fuel pump relay grin
Re: My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key by thebigkendo(m): 8:54am On Oct 26, 2019
falcon01:
Remove Battery first.. sleep then tomorrow Check your ignition

If alternator is still good.. The car won't go off grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key by falcon01: 9:21am On Oct 26, 2019
thebigkendo:

If alternator is still good.. The car won't go off grin grin grin
at least the battery wont run down...... ohhhh hold up!I get it the engine is still running never thought of that.
Re: My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key by AshipaEk0: 10:12am On Oct 26, 2019
UTMOST10:
My CRV car won't turn off after removing the key...
Please help...
The great car expert in the house.
Thanks

SMH

Op, this is a simple issue. It's VILLAGE PIPO

Do the needful.

This is what happened to Ikemefuna when he bought a new car to New Yam festival of 1997 to do shakara without doing the needful.

Don't let what Happened to Ikemefuna happen to you ooo.

Iseeeeeeee!
Re: My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:55pm On Oct 26, 2019
It's funny how people are telling him to remove battery as if they didn't know the car won't go off if the alternator is still okay. First get a mech to remove the fuel pipe then find solution.

2 Likes

Re: My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key by 234GT(m): 4:02pm On Oct 26, 2019
Is it the engine that is running or just the fans?
If it is only the fans that are still running, it means your engine was very hot at the time you parked the car. It's normal with Honda and Acura cars.
However, you need to look out for overheating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key by baaliyah(m): 11:04am On Oct 27, 2019
234GT:
Is it the engine that is running or just the fans?
If it is only the fans that are still running, it means your engine was very hot at the time you parked the car. It's normal with Honda and Acura cars.
However, you need to look out for overheating.

Haaa! It's not normal to any car.

1 Like

Re: My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key by UTMOST10(m): 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2019
AshipaEk0:

SMH

Op, this is a simple issue. It's VILLAGE PIPO

Do the needful.

This is what happened to Ikemefuna when he bought a new car to New Yam festival of 1997 to do shakara without doing the needful.

Don't let what Happened to Ikemefuna happen to you ooo.

Iseeeeeeee!

Be serious for once guy!
Re: My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key by merrywheels(m): 10:58am On Oct 28, 2019
UTMOST10:
My CRV car won't turn off after removing the key...
Please help...
The great car expert in the house.
Thanks
This CR-V vehicle got burnt after exhibiting same sign. Merrywheels just finished handling the replacement of it's burnt parts. See an electronic engineer immediately.

Re: My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key by thebigkendo(m): 1:43pm On Oct 28, 2019
merrywheels:
This CR-V vehicle got burnt after exhibiting same sign. Merrywheels just finished handling the replacement of it's burnt parts. See an electronic engineer immediately.

Pardon my curiousity.. How much did it cost to fix?
Re: My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key by merrywheels(m): 4:24pm On Oct 28, 2019
thebigkendo:

Pardon my curiousity.. How much did it cost to fix?
over 250k
Re: My Car Won't Turn Off After Removing The Key by thebigkendo(m): 5:33pm On Oct 28, 2019
merrywheels:
over 250k

Lol over 250k can 251k or 500k or 2m

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Help Piimp My Ride? / Tehnical Assistance Need For A 2003 Honda Accord V6 / Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.