Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,559 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

A Failed Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Failed Nation (217 Views)

Agony Of A Failed Nation / Video: “don’t Tag Me In Any Post Celebrating A Failed Nation” – Former President / Harvard Uses Nigeria As Case Study For Failed Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Failed Nation by Abadsheddy(m): 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
A FAILED NATION.

So many years ago, when I was religious addict; when, as a Bible scholar, I chosed Nations in the scripture as examples of how Nigeria will rise to greatness, I have prayed uncountably that Nigeria should be a great nation.

That time, I don't even know what failure mean talkless of believing that Nation(s) can fail. During Charismatic night vigil, I prayed litany of rosary, I trecked a far distance on my knees, I went to mountains under the sun and in the rain praying for my dear country.

I was compatriot.

Praying, "Ekpere Maka Nigeria No n' Nukwu Nsogbu" by Catholic church was my daily obligation.
Upon all these, and with the prayers of concerned Nigerians, my dear Nation has become an epitome of failure not only to Africa but to the world. The God(s), instead of answering our prayers, seems to have turned against us. So many Nigerians are tired of waiting for the fulfilment of 2015
political prophetic message from an adoration ministry, some where in Enugu. I am tired too. Wether the message is divine or not is a question Nigerian progress should answer.

Why I write is not separable from why my nation failed. It is not far from why Nigeria is chosen globally as a topic of research on failed Nations.

On the 1st of these month (October), a nation endowed with enviable natural resources celebrated 59 years of failure. They celebrated blood shed by herdsmen, bandit and Boko Haram. They celebrated Joblessness of about 50 million graduate. They celebrated high rate of kidnapping. They celebrated bad roads in all states. They celebrated ASU strike. They celebrated hardship. They celebrated inflation without increasing workers salaries.
Undoubtedly, and bad enough, Nigeria celebrated age not achievements.

There is no hope!

Many talented youth are leaving the country. Economy has crumbled. Crime has become the choice of those who don't have opportunity to leave the country. Graduates have gone back to barrow pushing. Political class are embezzling in billion dollar! Few are getting richer and many can no longer afford one square meal a day. Prostitution and yahooing have become our normal and blessed venture. Indigens are no longer smiling. Suicide has become the easiest and shortest way to give our mind rest.

Nigeria has failed!

The worst is that the problem is no longer from leaders only. The followers are now more bad than the leaders. Everything has become contagious.

I can say that Nigeria is too big for Nigerians to handle. I wasn't aware when we are under colonial rule but I believe those days are better. I suggest that we should hand our nation back to our colonial Masters.

At this juncture, I don't know what I should chose as my prayer point. I don't even know if there is need for prayer again. I am not too sure if it makes sense to ask someone to pray for this nation. The nation has failed! Take it or leave it.
But whoever care to make it better should begin by him or herself.

(1) (Reply)

Operation Positive Identification- Get Your Affidavit / Friday, The 8th Day Of November, 2019 Smelt Different In My Town. / A Curious Question For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.