Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! (1229 Views)

The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense / Ohaneze To Biafra Agitators: Stop This Madness - The Nation / El - Rufai On Reno Omokri, GEJ, PDP And Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by jason12345: 4:31pm On Nov 11, 2010
we need to stop this tribalism. it not helping anyone, whether yoruba, igbo or hausa, we all have been guilty of this act!

for the yorubas,

we need to stop the insults, yes, everyone. even if they insult us, must we reply? why can't we be the bigger person! whether you like it or not the igbos and the hausas are our BROTHERS BY BLOOD. the reason is our ethnic brothers have married within this two tribes.
i know we don't really care and that some of us might find tribalism fun but its getting excessive! lets be mature!

for the igbos,

we need to stop victimising ourselves. instead, we should look ahead! i mean you all say that the igbo man is hardworking etc we need to prove these qualities and stop playing the victim card.
the civil war has past, some of us were not even born when it happened. our fathers fought a war, whether we like it or not NOBODY CAN JUSTIFY A WAR because of the atrocities that is associated with it! so my igbo brothers, so being bitter.lets move forward!

for the hausas,

what can i say cheesy, first of all, i want to make it clear that we do not hate you! must of the tribalism and terms used are used in terms of jokes not to degrade you guys. but my brothers, we need to address some issues:

1) we need to stop the religious killings in the north and middle belt.
2) we need to stop killing because of the death of some cows
3) we need to stop our leaders using use to enrich their families and promote their selfish political ambitions
4) we need to mobilise the progressive youths to replace our old leaders
5) we should learn to accept that not everybody can be muslims, instead, let learn to tolerate the non-christians and they might change their fate to islam.

to all,

lets progress, the white man don't view us as yoruba, igbo or hausa. they view us as africans! we need to take the first steps and our other african brothers would follow.

ONE LOVE EVERYONE! PEACE!!! wink
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by aljharem(m): 4:34pm On Nov 11, 2010
gbam

jason nice one cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by jason12345: 4:35pm On Nov 11, 2010
alj harem:

gbam

jason nice one cheesy  grin

THANKS.people need to know the truth!
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by blinx4real(m): 4:57pm On Nov 11, 2010
Are you aware that there are more than 3 tribes and ethnic nationalities in Nigeria?
No ethnic nationality has the monopoly of sub human and barbaric tendencies?

Next time pls, address your comments to all Nigerians and champion the cause of Nationality rather than directing your insinuations at individual tribes in the country, this will only result in further tribal exchanges.
The nation needs to first respect each ethnic nationality's individuality and approach the next as equals rather than benefactor or master!
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by jason12345: 5:01pm On Nov 11, 2010
blinx4real:

Are you aware that there are more than 3 tribes and ethnic nationalities in Nigeria?

Next time pls, address your comments to all Nigerians and champion the cause of Nationality rather than directing your insinuations at individual tribes in the country, this will only result in further tribal exchanges.
The nation needs to first respect each ethnic nationality's individuality and approach the next as equals rather than benefactor or master!

I am aware, but its these three that exhibit tribalism the most. anyway, you are right! grin

ALL NIGERIANS LETS COME TOGETHER!!!
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by DapoBear(m): 5:05pm On Nov 11, 2010
None of this bashing back and forth online ultimately matters, I don't think. Does garbage here truly make Nigeria worse? If so, I apologize for anything wrong I did. . .

Still though, hopefully most of us recognize this as playful ribbing back and forth (at least, this is the case for me), nothing too serious
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 11, 2010
Plz when you said "Nigeria", do you mean the whole Nigeria?

Because as far as I know it, Ekiti state is not part of these nonsense going on with the Yorubas/Igbos.
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 11, 2010
blinx4real:

3 ethnic groups not tribe
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by wesley80(m): 5:28pm On Nov 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Plz when you said "Nigeria", do you mean the whole Nigeria?

Because as far as I know it, Ekiti state is not part of these nonsense going on with the Yorubas/Igbos.

U were advised to stop "this Nonsense" and the best u could do was to type "this Nonsense"?
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by EzeUche0(m): 5:33pm On Nov 11, 2010
Jason just shut up. You annoy me now with your post. One minute you say stop this nonsense, the next minute you are partaking in the nonsense.
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by EzeUche0(m): 5:36pm On Nov 11, 2010
Maybe we Igbos would stop being bitter if we were included in NATIONAL POLITICS. How can you ignore a people who make up the majority in a major region of the country? That doesn't make sense. Plus, it is COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE. Nigeria will never progress if this doesn't change.

If things don't change, Igbos will rise up again. Simple as that.
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by tkb417(m): 5:39pm On Nov 11, 2010
EzeUche0:

Jason just shut up. You annoy me now with your post. One minute you say stop this nonsense, the next minute you are partaking in the nonsense.
how is he partaking in the nonsense?
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2010
DapoBear:

None of this bashing back and forth online ultimately matters, I don't think. Does garbage here truly make Nigeria worse? If so, I apologize for anything wrong I did. . .

Still though, hopefully most of us recognize this as playful ribbing back and forth (at least, this is the case for me), nothing too serious

Playful ribbing? None of this bashing online ultimately matters? Nothing too serious? shocked
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by EzeUche0(m): 5:44pm On Nov 11, 2010
tkb417:

how is he partaking in the nonsense?

Read some of his post on other threads. He joins the fray as well attacking Igbo leaders that we Igbos hold dear. And then blame Biafrans for the atrocities committed against us. That is why he can his words and SHOVE it where the sun never shines.
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by seanet02: 5:47pm On Nov 11, 2010
EzeUche0:

Read some of his post on other threads. He joins the fray as well attacking Igbo leaders that we Igbos hold dear. And then blame Biafrans for the atrocities committed against us. That is why he can his words and SHOVE it where the sun never shines.
so there is no crime in an Igbo man calling Awo a devil incarnate?
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by EzeUche0(m): 5:50pm On Nov 11, 2010
seanet02:

so there is no crime in an Igbo man calling Awo a devil incarnate?

His policies impacted a lot of people in the East. I see no problem calling that man evil. When you starve little children, then you have to be evil. It is as simple as that. You do not target the defenseless. That goes against the Laws of War.
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 11, 2010
Its really an awful experience coming to N/L politics section these day shocked angry

What has this place turned to.

Tribal bashing everywhere you turn to. God will help you guys. tongue
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by jason12345: 7:56pm On Nov 11, 2010
@ DAPOBEAR and ileke-idi

people actually take this serious. apart from the seriousness, i think its too rampant. we are 50 yrs into this marriage. i don't think any one is going anywhere anytime so the sooner we embrace eachother and form a super country the better!!!
dapo, i think we should stop "ribbing" them!

bless smiley

@ezeuche

u said i was taking part in insulting igbos but what have you done to curb it?? so if everyone jumps into fire, does that mean you should jump? i have come here to be the person of truce. i admit i have been guilty, what about you?

i have tried talking to my people so we can progress, what about you? have you ever complained about wily+wily, environer etc? brother, lets move forward together. we can start on nl and permeate it to the outside world!
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by jason12345: 7:58pm On Nov 11, 2010
its only excanny and chyz that have tried to rise above tribalism and i respect them for that!
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by jason12345: 8:01pm On Nov 11, 2010
the amount of time we spend on tribalism is just wrong. instead lets put that time into developing our people, our nation!
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by fstranger: 8:05pm On Nov 11, 2010
EzeUche0:

Maybe we Igbos would stop being bitter if we were included in NATIONAL POLITICS. How can you ignore a people who make up the majority in a major region of the country? That doesn't make sense. Plus, it is COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE. Nigeria will never progress if this doesn't change.

If things don't change, Igbos will rise up again. Simple as that.

And we will kill you guys again, simple as that. And don't count on our kindness, this time around we will make sure that there is no single Ibo left.
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by jason12345: 8:08pm On Nov 11, 2010
fstranger:

And we will kill you guys again, simple as that. And don't count on our kindness, this time around we will make sure that there is no single Ibo left.

Taaaaa!!! stop there! just stop there!!!

so because ezeuche has said something stup.id, it means nigeria must kill every igbo ibo lets be mature. can't you rise above ezeuche's ranting?
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by Environer: 8:09pm On Nov 11, 2010
Jason is a bloody hypocrite. He cries only when the heat is on him, otherwise he is on bashing Igbos in style.
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by aljharem(m): 8:09pm On Nov 11, 2010
fstranger:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

southerners grin grin
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by fstranger: 8:10pm On Nov 11, 2010
jason12345:

Taaaaa!!! stop there! just stop there!!!

so because ezeuche has said something stup.id, it means nigeria must kill every igbo ibo lets be mature. can't you rise above ezeuche's ranting?

No, I can't. I am not that mature. For every action, there must be a reaction.
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by Environer: 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2010
fstranger:

Awo is dead, and Obj is now Igbo. Awusa does not like you anymore because of your betrayal. So you are left with fake warriors like Diya and Adisa who cant fight. Dont start what yo cannot finish.
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by aljharem(m): 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2010
Environer:

Jason is a bloody hypocrite. He cries only when the heat is on him, otherwise he is on bashing Igbos in style.

it means u do not know jason
him and dapobear are one of the must intelligent nairlander i have ever seen, they are very very open minded
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by jason12345: 8:12pm On Nov 11, 2010
brother mi, jo, je ka dagba ju bobo ye lo! america lo wa. awon omo naija to je igbo o kin soro be ye. je ka pa ri e! smiley
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by jason12345: 8:14pm On Nov 11, 2010
Environer:

Awo is dead, and Obj is now Igbo. Awusa does not like you anymore because of your betrayal. So you are left with fake warriors like Diya and Adisa who cant fight. Dont start what yo cannot finish.

how did yoruba betray hausa? by giving the presidency to yardua? and if obj is igbo, then its igbos that betray the hausa not yoruba (that is if there is any betrayal undecided)
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by Jbenue: 8:18pm On Nov 11, 2010
@ Jason

You shot yourself in the foot there. This is one thing I hate about Nigeria. Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa is that it why dont you name the other 200 or so tribes too, arrogant bastards.

They put people from those three big for nothing tribes on our currency and made their languages recognised. What about the other 25% minority that also constitutes Nigeria, what they dont count?
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by jason12345: 8:20pm On Nov 11, 2010
Jbenue:

@ Jason

You shut yourself in the foot there. This is one thing I hate about Nigeria. Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa is that it why dont you name the other 200 or so tribes too, arrogant bastards.

They put people from those three big for nothing tribes on our currency and made their languages recognised. What about the other 25% minority that also constitutes Nigeria, what they dont count?

did you read my earlier post? if you didn't, pls read the trend from the beginning.
Re: Nigeria And Nairaland. Let's Stop This Nonsense! by Jbenue: 8:26pm On Nov 11, 2010
@jason 12345

my apologies jason, but its so frustrating seeing the big 3 polititians dominating. I wouldnt mind if they made life better for everyone is that they dont. and then when it comes to elections its all tribal. I would like a minority woman even to become president like our very own Obama or something you know. Again my apologies.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zoning Tension As President Appoints New Head Of Service Tomorrow / Traditional Ruler, Son Exchange Words At Poll Center / Hausa Community Attacked, Robbed In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.